CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

This case just has me baffled. Murder charges seem wrong to me. Has the car been checked for any mechanical issues, like a problem with the accelerator? The charges brought by a District Attorney, highly criticized for his pro felon stance. Were these the type of charges that would save him from the recall? Is this woman a political pawn? If she is so mentally unbalanced, is it her fault no doctor realized she was a danger herself and others. Did the people who gave the mental diagnosis contact the licensing board, or did they just feel she was cool with the lives of unsuspecting patients in her hands?

To me, something doesn't seem right.
The first thing the police will do is take the car into custody and check it out-- even if it is damaged I am sure they can check is for mechanical issues. I am 99% sure there was no vehicle malfunction. You seem willing to give this woman the benefit of the doubt, why, I am not sure. We will learn eventually the facts surrounding what occurred when she barreled through a red light at approx. 100 mph---I am not ready to assume she was trying to commit suicide-- I am more of the mind set that she was in a rage or something occurred that caused her to get into her car acting out her feelings- rage or whatever, that caused her to put her foot on the gas pedal to the floor, causing her vehicle to act like a missile going thru that intersection.

I do wonder how she held such a responsible job given her mental health history--- a political pawn? GMAB--- do you understand what she did???? she killed 6 people and a fetus (for which she will not be charged with murder), she seriously injured 8 others and she devastated all those families who may never recover from their losses!!!

Not only this, question emerges, how many beds are these nurses responsible for?

(Two things, professional fatigue and professional burnout, need to be studied more, especially after COVID. There us Uber, and Lyft, and maybe we all should change our own attitudes. The cost of all accidents is humongous).
Sorry, I'm late to getting back to this thread.
ICU nurses have strict patient loads. Most of the time it's 1:1 unless the ICU is full and they will then have 2 patients per shift. Thankfully it's not like a regular floor where the nurses are to typically have 5 patients and end up with 8 on a regular basis.

The first thing the police will do is take the car into custody and check it out-- even if it is damaged I am sure they can check is for mechanical issues. I am 99% sure there was no vehicle malfunction. You seem willing to give this woman the benefit of the doubt, why, I am not sure. We will learn eventually the facts surrounding what occurred when she barreled through a red light at approx. 100 mph---I am not ready to assume she was trying to commit suicide-- I am more of the mind set that she was in a rage or something occurred that caused her to get into her car acting out her feelings- rage or whatever, that caused her to put her foot on the gas pedal to the floor, causing her vehicle to act like a missile going thru that intersection.

I do wonder how she held such a responsible job given her mental health history--- a political pawn? GMAB--- do you understand what she did???? she killed 6 people and a fetus (for which she will not be charged with murder), she seriously injured 8 others and she devastated all those families who may never recover from their losses!!!

Teleka Patrick was a physician. There are people with mental illness in all walks of life. I can't remember if she was on medication, or if her colleagues knew she had mental illness. I do know her ex-husband tried to get her to get help with it.

Teleka Patrick was a physician. There are people with mental illness in all walks of life. I can't remember if she was on medication, or if her colleagues knew she had mental illness. I do know her ex-husband tried to get her to get help with it.

I googled Teleka Patrick which brought back my memory of what happened to her - you are right there are people with mental illness in all walks of life- I guess some people can compartmentalize and wall off a certain part of their mental state and carry on with what appears to be a normal life. You do wonder though if there are signs that people around such a person tend to ignore. You would think with severe mental illness there are things a person just cannot continue to hide.

Nursys updated NL's California License. Couldn't find what the NPDB codes 99 and 1189 mean though...

MOO JMO

ETA: There's a link to a court order. NL is prohibited from engaging in any activity for which a nursing license is required.

Last edited:
Nursys updated NL's California License. Couldn't find what the NPDB codes 99 and 1189 mean though...

MOO JMO

ETA: There's a link to court order. NL is prohibited from engaging in any activity for which a nursing license is required.

Could you post the link, please? TIA! :)

I googled Teleka Patrick which brought back my memory of what happened to her - you are right there are people with mental illness in all walks of life- I guess some people can compartmentalize and wall off a certain part of their mental state and carry on with what appears to be a normal life. You do wonder though if there are signs that people around such a person tend to ignore. You would think with severe mental illness there are things a person just cannot continue to hide.
Interesting. Mental illness is a covered disability by the ADA. Termination of employment by someone due to mental illness would be a civil rights matter. However, employers can skirt this issue, by documentation of work deficiencies, not related to the disability. It takes hours of paperwork and documentation. Most employers don't do it.

Interesting. Mental illness is a covered disability by the ADA. Termination of employment by someone due to mental illness would be a civil rights matter. However, employers can skirt this issue, by documentation of work deficiencies, not related to the disability. It takes hours of paperwork and documentation. Most employers don't do it.

The court docs state that NL is prohibited to engage in any activity requiring a nursing license until there is a final disposition of her court case. It doesn't say anything about mental illness... it's because she has pending criminal proceedings. It's also not her employer making this decision, it' the CA board of registered nursing making the decision, and it seems like Nicole and her counsel also agreed since they signed the stipulation as well.

If your employer can show you cannot do the "essential functions" of your job due to your disability and there is no way to provide an accommodation that would allow you to do those functions, you can be terminated.

The unavoidable head-on collision was the other driver’s fault. But at the last moment, that BF turned the wheel sideways, and the other car hit, with all its mass, a passenger seat, where this young woman was sitting. I remember that the court found her BF not guilty

Quote snipped by me.
Why was the boyfriend in that case charged with a crime, for trying to avoid a collision a with another car? It's the opposite of this case we're discussing, since she was allegedly the one who caused all of the deaths and injuries. Two completely different situations psychologically.
JMO.

Quote snipped by me.
Why was the boyfriend in that case charged with a crime, for trying to avoid a collision a with another car? It's the opposite of this case we're discussing, since she was allegedly the one who caused all of the deaths and injuries. Two completely different situations psychologically.
JMO.

As I visualize the described accident, BF's action wasn't to turn the car away from the oncoming vehicle to avoid the impact -- but to put the passenger side directly into the path of the oncoming car.

The passenger side, with the young lady, now deceased.

jmho ymmv lrr

As I visualize the described accident, BF's action wasn't to turn the car away from the oncoming vehicle to avoid the impact -- but to put the passenger side directly into the path of the oncoming car.

The passenger side, with the young lady, now deceased.

jmho ymmv lrr
BBM

BF probably didn't intend to "put the passenger side directly into the path of the oncoming car"... it's most drivers' reaction to avoid a head-on collision, you instinctively steer to the left to protect yourself from the impact.
This is one of the many explanations why the shotgun seat is also called the "death seat".

MOO JMO

Quote snipped by me.
JMO.
There was a long story before. But my point is, often the driver’s actions are on a subconscious level. NL might have planned to kill herself, but self-preservation instinct worked otherwise. In this guy’s case, self-preservation made him sacrifice a woman he allegedly loved, and save himself. The steering wheel might be turned sharply left, or sharply right - he chose the way that, within the time given, surely saved himself, and killed her.

Sorry, my confusion was over the word "blamed". Blame the company for her crash? Why? They don't elaborate on what they mean by "blame" or why. Maybe I missed something.

Imo
IMO, they are lining up the roster for the lawsuit that is coming. A wide net will be cast in who is to blame.

We had an incident recently where a customer did something against our safety rules, clearly spelled out on a sign not 3 feet from him. He injured himself (not severely), proceeded to hire a injury attorney and is sueing us. Makes no sense, but it happens everyday when you're a national company.

IMO, they are lining up the roster for the lawsuit that is coming. A wide net will be cast in who is to blame.

We had an incident recently where a customer did something against our safety rules, clearly spelled out on a sign not 3 feet from him. He injured himself (not severely), proceeded to hire a injury attorney and is sueing us. Makes no sense, but it happens everyday when you're a national company.
I worked in defense law for many years. One of the most frustrating aspects of these types of suits was that more often than not, a company (our client) will pay a settlement to make the case go away. People have learned they can get a few thousand dollars even with a frivolous claim.

I worked in defense law for many years. One of the most frustrating aspects of these types of suits was that more often than not, a company (our client) will pay a settlement to make the case go away. People have learned they can get a few thousand dollars even with a frivolous claim.
Yes, thank you. I turned in the report on this claim, last I heard they were going to fight it.

Since you have legal experience ... will each of the families sue individually, IYO? Linton's auto insurance policy has a cap on pay out right? So do they sue and name multiple parties in the same suit? I'm curious how all that works.

There was a long story before. But my point is, often the driver’s actions are on a subconscious level. NL might have planned to kill herself, but self-preservation instinct worked otherwise. In this guy’s case, self-preservation made him sacrifice a woman he allegedly loved, and save himself. The steering wheel might be turned sharply left, or sharply right - he chose the way that, within the time given, surely saved himself, and killed her.
Where in the video do you see her “self-preservation instinct” working? She drove straight into the cars. She didn’t swerve or change directions, she drove straight into them.

Driver in deadly Windsor Hills crash has nursing license suspended

"The California Board of Registered Nursing has suspended the license of Nicole Linton, the traveling nurse accused of being behind the wheel during a fiery crash in Windsor Hills that killed six people.

Linton’s license was suspended by court order while she awaits trial for the deadly crash."

"As part of her license suspension, Linton is prohibited from “engaging, either directly or indirectly, in any activity for which a registered nursing license is required,” according to court documents. Her suspension will remain in place until the conclusion of her criminal trial or a court-order reinstates her."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back