Los Angeles City Council Bans N-Word

Both of you to the corner now...LOL sorry cant we just agree to disagree with out getting mad....Just trying to make ya'll laugh seems you need it..
I'm not mad at all, Indy Gal ..... especially after seeing your new "cheese head" signature ..... :D success! You made me laugh!

I'm not mad at all, Indy Gal ..... especially after seeing your new "cheese head" signature ..... :D success! You made me laugh!
Funny you mention it, some are annoyed by it, so it stays...LOL I can be a troublemaker too..LOLOLOLOL

"that point"? which point exactly?

This is the post you called silly and simplistic, so this is the post I am defending.

I honestly want to know which sentence or combination of sentences you are calling “simplistic and silly.” You have never made that clear.

Yes, I have. I was talking about your assertion that all uses of the N-word are the same, and that therefore no one who uses that word may condemn anybody else's use of the word. I pointed out at some length that that isn't how language works. One may use the N-word in a non-racist context and still criticize the use of it in a racist context.

Doing so may be ill-advised (for reasons other posters have pointed out), but it isn't hypocritical.

Both of you to the corner now...LOL sorry cant we just agree to disagree with out getting mad....Just trying to make ya'll laugh seems you need it..

I'm not mad either. A little frustrated that Seven and I can't seem to communicate, maybe, but not mad.

Seven hasn't done anything to me. And I certainly didn't mean to do anything to her. :blowkiss:

I'm not mad either. A little frustrated that Seven and I can't seem to communicate, maybe, but not mad.

Seven hasn't done anything to me. And I certainly didn't mean to do anything to her. :blowkiss:
I know I kid I tell ya..:blowkiss:

Thanks for the shout out, Seven! I took no umbrage at your first impression of users of the C-word!! ;)
To tell you the truth, SCM, I already had a very good impression of you, and I still do. I’ve never found your posts to be anything but thought-provoking and enjoyable!
p.s. I enjoy Nova, too!
36_1_67.gif

To tell you the truth, SCM, I already had a very good impression of you, and I still do. I’ve never found your posts to be anything but thought-provoking and enjoyable!
p.s. I enjoy Nova, too!
36_1_67.gif

:blushing: The feeling is entirely mutual, seven.

I am so very tempted to make my siggy with that many but wont, but very tempted...LOL Sorry going OT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back