LOU SMIT...........

pd112

Reaction score
Mr. Smit really delivered in this case digressing from the opinion that the folks did it......A doctor even agreed with him on this who examined the skull fracture and noticed there was little bleeding there............ Lou was a true veteran when it came to detective work and knew his stuff................Lou is adamant an intruder did this...........................many think Michael Helgoth was responsible......................

Mr. Smit really delivered in this case digressing from the opinion that the folks did it......A doctor even agreed with him on this who examined the skull fracture and noticed there was little bleeding there............ Lou was a true veteran when it came to detective work and knew his stuff................Lou is adamant an intruder did this...........................many think Michael Helgoth was responsible......................
Smit only worked on 2 stages crime scenes. He was a rookie at the Ramseys and got suckered in by them even praying with the family. His observations were completely thrown out by the grand jury.

pd112,
Have you made a financial donation to Lou Smit's sons project to dna test forensic samples for a match to find JonBenet's killer?

Lou Smit might be guilty of massaging the evidence in this case, saying he prayed with John Ramsey and this meant he thought John was a man who read and followed scripture therefore he must be innocent?

Lou Smit said in some of his previous cases he prayed for guidance and had received answers.

Did John Ramsey suggest to Lou Smit that they seek revelation with regard to an Intruder or was it Lou Smit's?

pd112,
Have you made a financial donation to Lou Smit's sons project to dna test forensic samples for a match to find JonBenet's killer?

Lou Smit might be guilty of massaging the evidence in this case, saying he prayed with John Ramsey and this meant he thought John was a man who read and followed scripture therefore he must be innocent?

Lou Smit said in some of his previous cases he prayed for guidance and had received answers.

Did John Ramsey suggest to Lou Smit that they seek revelation with regard to an Intruder or was it Lou Smit's?

I think the Ramsey’s Lawyers contacted the DA and they all worked out a deal to cover for Burke. Smit was hired by the DA to make up the intruder theory. The hacked phone records that show the Ramseys contacting their lawyers before the 911 call and all 4 DA’s inaction since the murder occurred prove a cover up.

I think the Ramsey’s Lawyers contacted the DA and they all worked out a deal to cover for Burke. Smit was hired by the DA to make up the intruder theory. The hacked phone records that show the Ramseys contacting their lawyers before the 911 call and all 4 DA’s inaction since the murder occurred prove a cover up.

David Rogers,
You could be right, after all if the case is BDI then legally something had to be done?

Alongside all 4 DA's alleged inaction is appointing Steve Thomas to investigate a homicide, curious as his main specialty was drug cases, he had never investigated a murder before?

Also it appears that the Grand Jury was used to process the case through the legal system with a minimum of public scrutiny?

JR phoned the Governor of Colorado State that morning, you have to wonder what he had to say?

Smit only worked on 2 stages crime scenes. He was a rookie at the Ramseys and got suckered in by them even praying with the family. His observations were completely thrown out by the grand jury.
In this case, Lou Smit was as useless as *advertiser censored* on a bull. sorry, may he rest in peace, i am sure he was excellent high achiever but.no way.no way intruder.

In this case, Lou Smit was as useless as *advertiser censored* on a bull. sorry, may he rest in peace, i am sure he was excellent high achiever but.no way.no way intruder.

mrspeele,
Sure no Intruder, nearly everyone agrees on that these days.

With Lou Smit publishing those photos and promoting entry via the basement window along with his detailed Intruder Theory, you have to wonder if age had caught up with him, or did he have his future pension in mind?

Funny how something as simple a spider's web could cause Lou Smit's theory to blow up!

mrspeele,
Sure no Intruder, nearly everyone agrees on that these days.

With Lou Smit publishing those photos and promoting entry via the basement window along with his detailed Intruder Theory, you have to wonder if age had caught up with him, or did he have his future pension in mind?

Funny how something as simple a spider's web could cause Lou Smit's theory to blow up!

I think he was brought in as part of the cover up. If you had access to tax records you could find out who paid him.

I think he was brought in as part of the cover up. If you had access to tax records you could find out who paid him.

David Rogers,
ITA. It's a no brainer, particularly once you review the forensic evidence.

Any payments would likely be funneled through third party companies based in Delaware or offshore and listed as Fees for Consultancy Services.

No cigar if you can guess who guaranteed the payments?

But Burke was a minor. What kind of a deal would have been needed to give him more protection than already provided by law? If it was to prevent awkward publicity, the cover-up was 1,000 times worse than letting procedure take its course.

But Burke was a minor. What kind of a deal would have been needed to give him more protection than already provided by law? If it was to prevent awkward publicity, the cover-up was 1,000 times worse than letting procedure take its course.
Since they can not even implicate a minor, they have to keep the case open and will “look” for an intruder and even hire someone to make up an intruder story. I would not be surprised that there are still people being paid to defend the Ramseys and promote the intruder theory if you follow other social media about this case.

He supposedly was unpaid.

887sMtreme,
Sure, but maybe it worked the way politicians work the system, e.g. another unrelated politician is hired by a private corporation as say a consultant, and on this basis he/she gets paid a monthly fee, this can be many thousands of dollars. So said consultant toddles off to the bank withdraws the cash and hands it to his political masters

This example I know as applying to a UK political party where the monthly fee was a kickback for awarding a building contract to a national construction company.

So in Smit's case, one of his relatives could be employed wherever and receive fees from the Ramsey camp?

All speculation of course, yet these things go on!

And of course since Smit's legacy has left his family all his forensic material, they are putting it to good use to generate some $$.

Lou Smit - Wikipedia

"Having tried various businesses and failed, Smit prayed for a solution and saw as an answer from God a call he received from a cousin who served on the Colorado Springs Police Department suggesting that he apply to serve.[2] Smit fell just short of the department's minimum height of five feet and nine inches, but was able to join the force in 1966 after he had his cousin hit him over the skull with a nightstick, allowing him to meet the height minimum when he was remeasured the following day with the bump on his head."

IMO Lou Smit was brain damaged... I mean that literally. The human body does not suffer head injuries without consequences and the loss of brain matter. Seems a tad dishonest as well, the last thing anyone wants in law enforcement. He was given accolades for solving the case of Heather Dawn Church when the reality is a fingerprint match was made by computer.

Lou Smit - Wikipedia

"Having tried various businesses and failed, Smit prayed for a solution and saw as an answer from God a call he received from a cousin who served on the Colorado Springs Police Department suggesting that he apply to serve.[2] Smit fell just short of the department's minimum height of five feet and nine inches, but was able to join the force in 1966 after he had his cousin hit him over the skull with a nightstick, allowing him to meet the height minimum when he was remeasured the following day with the bump on his head."

IMO Lou Smit was brain damaged... I mean that literally. The human body does not suffer head injuries without consequences and the loss of brain matter. Seems a tad dishonest as well, the last thing anyone wants in law enforcement. He was given accolades for solving the case of Heather Dawn Church when the reality is a fingerprint match was made by computer.

sgrump,
You gotta laugh at that anecdote. I've heard of being Bumped Off but not Bumped In

Was watching the news coverage of the shootings in Boulder and when the Police Chief was interviewed it never worked for me. It was like a comedy sketch, but far too serious a situation to characterise it as such.

Snipped for gentility ;)
So in Smit's case, one of his relatives could be employed wherever and receive fees from the Ramsey camp?

All speculation of course, yet these things go on!

And of course since Smit's legacy has left his family all his forensic material, they are putting it to good use to generate some $$.

I expect he was compensated in some way, though he was not put on salary and was therefore not under anyone’s command. All Wood did during his tenure with the BPD was shuffle papers, fiddle with evidence — sometimes inappropriately, it seems — and add his own speculations and religious spin to the pile of misery that was the Ramsey case. That his heirs are trying to make a buck off his notes is only par for the course.

Thinking prayerful thoughts for the good people of Boulder today. Just wanted to mention that.

Snipped for focus
Was watching the news coverage of the shootings in Boulder and when the Police Chief was interviewed it never worked for me. It was like a comedy sketch, but far too serious a situation to characterise it as such.

I know, right? It was painful, and utterly unnecessary. I’ve never seen a bigger PR s**t show and believe me, having been in television news in Washington DC, I’ve seen some winners.

Snipped for focus

I know, right? It was painful, and utterly unnecessary. I’ve never seen a bigger PR s**t show and believe me, having been in television news in Washington DC, I’ve seen some winners.

887sMtreme,
My thoughts are with all the families who have lost relatives and friends.

I guess Boulder was totally unprepared, the Police Chief looked as if the uniform had just been found prior to the interview, the cap was far too large.

The PR for Boulder is not looking good, they all likely thought, Well that's the JonBenet case behind us? Along comes a mass shooting, what next?

From over here, the response looks great, plenty armoured vehicles, tons of miltary garbed types roaming about sporting fabulous firearms, yet its all after the fact?

Anyone doing a mass shooting in the USofA is surely not expecting to walk away?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back