CATCH THE LATEST WEBSLEUTHS RADIO AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

Lou Smit's Wife Passes Away

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Barbara, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Barbara

Barbara New Member

Thanks to Watching You on FFJ

Barbara Smit passed away on Feb. 29.

Regardless of what anyone feels about Lou Smit and his theory on the JBR case, it was always evident that he adored his wife and cared for her with love and devotion.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Smit family during this sad time

2. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Active Member

How very sad, indeed. My prayers go out to them.

IMO

3. Blazeboy3

Blazeboy3 Inactive

Sorry/Sad that I'm just now finding out...Yes, of course, my thoughts/ prayers are with him/ his family for the highest good for all involved. FWIW, my only sibling's (TWIN SISTER) name is BARBARA. I do pray Lou's wife is at peace forever. I also wonder what it means to have passed(crossed over) on 2/29 when that DATE only comes every 4 years ... open-mindedly of course ... no negative intent intended. Any thoughts? I just got back from Hawaii and saw in person Sylvia Browne & John Edward on 2/22 in Honolulu...what fun/a site!

4. SisterSocks

SisterSocks What a wild and crazy trip its been

Peace and Love for Lou---- I know he is happy his wife is not in anymore pain...
    Socks

5. sissi

sissi Former Member

I have missed a lot these last "computer crashing weeks",and am sorry I didn't comment before.
    My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this time of loss.
    Lou is a GOOD man,I'm sure he was a great support to her throughout her illness,and hope he finds comfort now through his faith that she is in the "better" place.

6. LovelyPigeon

LovelyPigeon Former Member

The Smits were in love with each other for a great many years. I think each was prepared for her death by the time it came and I hope that preparation softened the blow somewhat.

Lou has my deepest sympathy for his now painful loss. He has been a wonderful husband and caretaker for his beloved.

I know his faith sustains his hope that he will be reunited with his wife in the hereafter.

7. blueclouds

blueclouds Former member

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending Lou my deepest sympathies & prayers.

8. Blazeboy3

Blazeboy3 Inactive

Sorry/Sad that I'm just now finding out...Yes, of course, my thoughts/ prayers are with him/ his family for the highest good for all involved. FWIW, my only sibling's (TWIN SISTER) name is BARBARA. I do pray Lou's wife is at peace forever. I also wonder what it means to have passed(crossed over) on 2/29 when that DATE only comes every 4 years ... open-mindedly of course ... no negative intent intended. Any thoughts? I just got back from Hawaii and saw in person Sylvia Browne & John Edward on 2/22 in Honolulu...what fun/a site!

9. Blazeboy3

Blazeboy3 Inactive

http://www.acandyrose.com/07112001-ukdocumentary.htm
    LOU SMIT :- I remember telling my wife. I said, “Honey if you don't want me to do this I won't. then” because I was retired. I was taking it easy but sometimes in life you have challenges and you just have to rise to meet them.

...no where can I find an answer to Lou's question/statement to his wife... help? :behindbar

10. Nedthan Johns

Nedthan Johns New Member

I am just reading this for the first time. Lou my deepest symapthy goes out to you and your children.

Respectfully-
    Ned Johnston

11. Blazeboy3

Blazeboy3 Inactive

Hi Ned; did Lou/FOX have children?;just curious...didn't read anywhere that he had any...??? LOL I thought I was "slow"...only in a GOOD way of course!
    ...blame it on the "storm chasers" that were here yesterday expecting the "predictible/unexpectible"LOL...what a hoot/toot!

12. Nedthan Johns

Nedthan Johns New Member

I believe he had 2, one boy, one girl, but the daughter I know of for certain

13. BrotherMoon

BrotherMoon Former Member

The Reaper comes closer Lou. Whack! Better find that intruder before it gets you!

14. BeeBee

BeeBee Retired WS Staff

Very disrespectful. :loser:

15. BrotherMoon

Ah yup, yeppers, ya, uh hu.

16. Blazeboy3

Blazeboy3 Inactive

Any URL on his kids and what they do these days? Thanks(x)! :eek:

17. Blazeboy3

Blazeboy3 Inactive

Any info on Lou's kids? Thanks!

18. Blazeboy3

Blazeboy3 Inactive

I take this info/post in a positive way and I agree...Lou needs to come back to himself (within him is the answer) IMHO this is the CHOICE I decide to take in regards to this info LOL :blushing:

LOU/FOX (imho) should have gone w/his first opinion/insite/feeling/ thought...his major mistake was "questioning himself" IMHO!

http://www.karisable.com/jbr.htm

After 6 years of questions and no answers, Ramsey's attorney, Lin Wood, shares never before seen video of the Ramseys' police interviews and depositions.

100 miles away from the murder, in Colorado Springs, Lou Smit, 67, works every day, alone, trying to find her killer. He is a veteran detective who was hired by the Boulder District attorney to work on the Ramsey Murder case. At first, he thought the Ramseys killed their daughter. But as Smit followed the evidence and questioned the Ramseys, he became convinced Boulder police were focusing on the wrong suspects. Smit is convinced a pedophile came into the Ramsey home. “I’ve probably got 25 good leads. And I probably have another 50 pages of other leads to follow,” he says.

19. BrotherMoon

There's nothing like death to remind one of The Truth that Nature is.

Thinking that he knew what God is, Lou Smit held hands with the Devil and prayed. That's a pretty good definition of "Fool".

I mock him even at the passing of his soul mate just as he mocks The Truth.

BeeBee's cartoon self image gets my rose, btw, yum!

20. Nedthan Johns

Nedthan Johns New Member

I don't know what Lou's childeren do.