Lou the mule credited with saving woman from fire

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by Dark Knight, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

McMINNVILLE, Tenn. – Jolene Solomon is beginning the new year with her life, her mule named Lou and little else. The Southern Standard in McMinnville reported Solomon had just finished eating supper on New Year's Day when Lou's braying and acting up got her attention.

Solomon, 63, who lived alone, stepped outside, she saw her house was on fire. She called 911 and as she waited for firefighters, her home and everything in it burned to the ground.

She said her father bought Lou years ago to help her and her late sister, Blue, around the farm. It took Lou months to get over the loss of her sister.

Solomon said she has 'lost it all', but credits Lou with saving her life.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090106/ap_on_fe_st/odd_mule_alarm;_ylt=AkCwXWdpWnwfdODVoAwgaNSs0NUE

Information from: Southern Standard, http://www.southernstandard.net

2. Loading...

3. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

That is such a cute story! I've heard of a lot of different types of animals who have saved their owners from fires. They are godsends!

4. Thinaire

Thinaire New Member

Poor Lou ought to be rewarded with a good worming, his teeth floated and a good meal!

5. lizzybeth

lizzybeth New Member

I noticed how thin Lou was too. For saving her life she should give him a nice big meal (at least once a day).

Sorry. Maybe he's just old and that's why he looks so thin.

6. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

I also noticed he was very thin. I hope he gets some good meals, if she can afford it.