Lt. Greenwood responds to public records request 12-14-09

LT...LE does keep saying the physical evidence shows them misty was not home. Maybe the physical evidence was a poly taken by TC...

The other physical evidence would be cell phone pings or documentation on a computer that puts her out of the MH. It was mentioned very recently that Haleigh had a laptop computer. I wonder if they found it or have that.

Not sure if this is true or not, but the other physical evidence LE could have, may be that there was no detergent in the home, and maybe the bed was made... i know that the statement came from Ron, but take it for what it is worth..... (i thought that LE confirmed what Ron was saying, but could be wrong)

I can tell you what bothered me most about that letter.

First off that they say that it is an ongoing investigation when if go back far enough, Major Bowling had this to say,

Although not named a suspect, Putnam County Sheriff's Major Gary Bowling states the following about Croslin-Cummings: "we factually know that she is consistently inconsistent and we need some factual exactness about her activities the night before Haleigh disappeared until the morning when she was reported missing."

Since Misty Croslin-Cummings's account of Haleigh Cummings's last night is vague, authorities are left chasing empty leads. In fact, the Putnam County Sherriff's department has chased down over 4,000 leads in this missing person case.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...ummings_is_missing_stepmother_pg2.html?cat=25

There is also the statement on page two of the response where he states that they have only had this particular investigation for 4 and half months. Typo or not it says that they aren't paying attention to what they communicate, when they communicate anything at all, about this case.

I am still trying to process the fact that they didn't remove the door as part of the initial possible crime scene processing and I am truly disgusted with the way that the bed linens were handled for the same reason.

LT...LE does keep saying the physical evidence shows them misty was not home. Maybe the physical evidence was a poly taken by TC...

The other physical evidence would be cell phone pings or documentation on a computer that puts her out of the MH. It was mentioned very recently that Haleigh had a laptop computer. I wonder if they found it or have that.

I don't know if anyone else bothered to check out the whole cell phone ping thing with their cell phone provider but I did and I was told by my provider that every few minutes a cell phone will ping the three closest towers. It also will ping on both incoming and outgoing calls. The question is for how long do the towers keep the records of the pings. Some save them all and some only save them when a phone moves from one tower to the next.

I don't know if anyone else bothered to check out the whole cell phone ping thing with their cell phone provider but I did and I was told by my provider that every few minutes a cell phone will ping the three closest towers. It also will ping on both incoming and outgoing calls. The question is for how long do the towers keep the records of the pings. Some save them all and some only save them when a phone moves from one tower to the next.

Thanks missingmeds :)

BBM :)

so, i am wondering, and maybe you could answer, so the cell phones ping to the closest three towers every few minutes, does that mean even when you are not talking on it? (maybe just for the signal?) TIA!

And how long did TN take to give the phone records to LE? Did they have to subpoena them and if so, were the pings gone by that time? If they had the pings, this would be much easier for them. I have a feeling they don't because it took to long. I also wonder when she their cells disconnected after the crime. Once you disconnect, they could be lost forever, depending on the provider and their protocol. I can't remeber who the provider was at the time. I will check and HOPE I kept it.

Missing Meds.....as I understand it regarding the bed linens being taken outside on the ramp were done for good reason. The trainers had to isolate Haleigh's scent from all the other people's scent within the home. That makes sense.

They removed the linens and placed them outside the house for the dogs to sniff so the canines would not confuse her scent with any other.

Thanks missingmeds :)

BBM :)

so, i am wondering, and maybe you could answer, so the cell phones ping to the closest three towers every few minutes, does that mean even when you are not talking on it? (maybe just for the signal?) TIA!

That is exactly what my cell provider told me that you don't have to be talking on it for it to ping the closest towers. It is so that when there is an incoming or outgoing call it can chose the least busy tower to use.

Missing Meds.....as I understand it regarding the bed linens being taken outside on the ramp were done for good reason. The trainers had to isolate Haleigh's scent from all the other people's scent within the home. That makes sense.

They removed the linens and placed them outside the house for the dogs to sniff so the canines would not confuse her scent with any other.

Normally I would agree with you that it would make good sense to isolate the bed linens. But if I remember correctly the problem was that they flung them over the railing of the handicapped ramp. That allowed the scent to be blow everywhere. I believe that Sheriff Hardy himself stated that one. I don't have the link but I am sure that someone can find it.

We have RC distancing himself again from the mh. He has put out through his attorney that he did not tell tommy to check on misty or the children. This makes no sense whatsoever and it needs to be explored. If you make 20+ calls looking for your sitter and cannot make contact with your children, rc should have said, "hezz, yeah, I wanted him to check the home" but instead he clearly states he did not tell him to check it.

This is the point in the case where rc and his veracity MUST be challanged. There is not one good reason for him to want to distance himself from asking Tomnmy to check on their welfare.

To note RC has done this same thing concerning JO. LE has stated JO was at the trailer; once again RC denies that. RC has distanced himself from JO and Tommy and the MH for the late day and evening of Feb 9.

One has to admit that rc is looking pretty bad about now when you consider and explore what could possibly be his reasoning for denying either of them were there or even if he wanted either to go over and check on the children's and misty's welfare.

Instead we have him calling TN early and she sends a third party over to check. Why all this checking before 7:00 when he was still communicating with misty and NONE after there was no communication? Logic would say his concern should have been more prevalent when he lost contact....not before. Now why wouldn't he send his mother or GMA over to check once all communication stopped? Instead he does nothing and tells us he not only didn't have Tommy, GMA or mommy check but decides to work 3 hours overtime. He did not even want Tommy to go over and check out the situation after 8:30pm. But earlier he called TN and she sent GMA over to check. Why not later when it was really important to check on them?

Ron and misty's stories do not add up.

Note to myself. It was learned that RC worked 3 hours overtime. That means his shift must have started at 3:30 like locals have always told us. This puts his work hours at 3:30 to midnight. Makes perfect sense. LE has told us they guarded PDM after rc was fired. They told us there were two shifts. I am betting that the locals are correct and the TWO shifts are 7:00am to 3:30pm and 3:30pm to 12:00am.

Why did Shoemaker tell us his regular hours were at 5:00pm (he didn't tell ending time) and rc was at work early that day? In fact he told us that rc likes to go in early every day? Do attorneys lie?

Note to myself. It was learned that RC worked 3 hours overtime. That means his shift must have started at 3:30 like locals have always told us. This puts his work hours at 3:30 to midnight. Makes perfect sense. LE has told us they guarded PDM after rc was fired. They told us there were two shifts. I am betting that the locals are correct and the TWO shifts are 7:00am to 3:30pm and 3:30pm to 12:00am.

Why did Shoemaker tell us his regular hours were at 5:00pm (he didn't tell ending time) and rc was at work early that day? In fact he told us that rc likes to go in early every day? Do attorneys lie?

Attorneys will say what their client tells them, assuming it is the truth?......maybe Shoemaker didn't do his own investigating. I do know Shoemaker didn't last long after this announcement.

But he was adamant that Ronald was at work by 5. I wonder why. That does say he was nearly 2 hours late for his shift at 3:30, though.

Which brings us to the fact (one of very few) that LE wants the public off this case. Now we need to look at why that would be.

I for one would like an answer to your question, Debs. Not LE commenting that this is an "ongoing investigation"... it will be a YEAR soon...I am of the feeling (JMHO) that LE has wanted this (and us) to just go away from the very beginning. WHY???

Attorneys will say what their client tells them, assuming it is the truth?......maybe Shoemaker didn't do his own investigating. I do know Shoemaker didn't last long after this announcement.

But he was adamant that Ronald was at work by 5. I wonder why. That does say he was nearly 2 hours late for his shift at 3:30, though.

And since his job was at 3:30, we now know why misty always picked up the kids from the bus stop. Since misty did not do it that day, according to rc, then I bet she wasn't at the home on Green Lane. However, she could have been at her brother's house on Tyler.

She may have picked up her brother's kids at the stop. There is a possibility that they both were at the bus stop in different vehicles. Did Haleigh jump in the van with Misty and misty took off with rc chasing her? Was jr at home alone?

I for one would like an answer to your question, Debs. Not LE commenting that this is an "ongoing investigation"... it will be a YEAR soon...I am of the feeling (JMHO) that LE has wanted this (and us) to just go away from the very beginning. WHY???

You may be correct.

Maybe all the blogging that is done is tipping off the perp/s and they can adjust their alibis accordingly. They have to be reading (here) and our ideas give them a way to think ahead.

LE could be thinking it is not doing their case any good with all the ideas and information being bounced around on the net when they have considered and possibly know for sure that family is reading and relating what they read and adjusting their stories.

And how long did TN take to give the phone records to LE? Did they have to subpoena them and if so, were the pings gone by that time? If they had the pings, this would be much easier for them. I have a feeling they don't because it took to long. I also wonder when she their cells disconnected after the crime. Once you disconnect, they could be lost forever, depending on the provider and their protocol. I can't remeber who the provider was at the time. I will check and HOPE I kept it.

Whisperer, you continue to state this over and over. I have asked you a few times to post how you know when and who was asked to hand over phone records, you state that TN withheld them like you know for a fact and when you state on a public forum that a family member withheld something from Law Enforcement I feel that is definitely something that needs to be backed up with proof.

Law Enforcement has never stated that Teresa, or Ronald or even AS were with-holding information from them, at least not that I have seen. However, you state it with 100% certainty that Teresa held on to phone records. Law Enforcement doesn't need anyone's approval to get phone records, if they wanted them why didn't they just do what they do with every other case and subpoena the records?

Well, TN stated that she believes misty was home all night. You can find that on video. TN paid for the phones....all she had to do was go on line and she could see how many times her DS called misty and others that night. Don't you think she conferred with rc and asked how often he called and why? They both said that Misty was home all night.

As I recall LE said that RC was resisting coming in to talk. He did not make any effort to get Haleigh or himself out there after the wedding. They both resisted offers to come in to the station. After rc was arrested, he started to go on a campaign, sort of, for Haleigh, as he did not want to talk about his arrest.

So, I believe you are incorrect in assuming they have been cooperative the entire time.

As far as phone calls....FDLE wanted him in to talk about them. He showed up with his criminal defense attorney in hand.....in August.

Regarding the phone records, if they are not offered up by the owner, they must subpoena them. As far as I recall, they always subpoena the pings. R * M do not have the same number any more and it was changed soon after. The records may have gone down the tubes when the phone was disconnected. This happened with the Anthony case when cindy disconnected the phone.

Thank you. So you are stating that it is your opinion and not a fact that TN held onto phone records?

I wasn't aware that Teresa paid for the phones, or that she had a computer to go online and check for calls. No I don't think she conferred with RC on anything, I think they had other worries in those first few weeks, again that is my opinion.

I do not think for one second that Law Enforcement were waiting for TN to bring them phone records. They are in charge of the investigation and shame on them if they didn't get a a subpoena for the records on their own. In my opinion looking through cell phone records is an important investigative tool and one that is used very early on in missing person cases.

I am suggesting that TN could have seen that her DS called many many times to find out where misty was. She could have asked him. She should have and most likely did see the phone calls. Anyone can see their phone records on line. She kept this little tidbit to herself as she said she believed mc was home all night.

....and Yes, I believe she would be the type to investigate the records first. Tn appears to be the type to take total control...and that is my opinion. AND if she knew about the calls, why wouldn't she question her son? That would be a priority for finding Haleigh. That didn't happen, they both sat together and said misty was home all night, not once suggesting there was a problem and that she may not have been home. Furthermore they supported her throughout this whole drama, even knowing rc was looking for her that fateful night.

I make a third person that would like that question answered and I can only come up with two reasons that they would want this to go away.

One would be that someone in LE is involved somehow.

Two would be that they so bungled this case that it can't be solved and they now know that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back