Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 13, 2014 - Trial Thread #2

Discussion in 'Luka Rocco Magnotta AKA Eric Newman' started by Salem, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Jedi

Little Jedi "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equa

:yeahthat: That's the feeling I get too.
    I have no doubt he has some form of 'mental illness' but he knew exactly what he was doing/planning for a LONG time.

2. Little Jedi

This is what's disturbing ~ it does seem he has a history of 'illness' & does have a record.

So why did the many red flags raised by his behaviour to 'authorities' not ring any alarm bells anywhere ?

3. Little Jedi

Trivia Question:

When legally changing ones name does 'birth name' still show on eg. Police/Health Records also ?

4. Little Jedi

For all those affected by the tragic events in Ottawa

937154bdca.gif

5. No_Stone_Unturned

No_Stone_Unturned New Member

6. matou

matou #los2188

ALL TWEETS BY @MontgomerySue https://twitter.com/MontgomerySue

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 1h 1 hour ago
    We're back in #Magnotta with lawyers and judge discussing things without the jury. As you know, I can't report any of that.

The jury has arrived in #Magnotta and back on the stand is Sarganis, the tech cop. Judge telling jury Crown will finish evidence Tuesday.

Trial will sit tomorrow too, at least for the morning. Today we are to see original videos from which online vid was made.

Defence will begin next Friday

Remember Sarganis is the cop who retrieved 15 videos and 505 photos from #Magnotta's camera

Three videos found on camera and on laptop.

Brace yourselves, we are now going to see photos that were on camera

First photos of #Magnotta wearing a ring. May 19, 2012 of two people in bed

Next photo also #Magnotta in a field with ring. Another of him in a park, wearing ring. Cop looking for better format of pics

First pic is #Magnotta in bed with another man. Third pic, #Magnotta crouching in front of what looks like a bonfire pit

The pointer function on computer doesn't seem to be working. "Of course," judge says.

See hand with ring on middle finger resting on shoulder of man lying in bed with #Magnotta

Ring on right hand of middle finger. Next two photos, ring is on same finger - taken on same day.

Now being shown 20 photos of crime scene

Head of Lin Jun, throat slit, lots of blood. Next is side view of severed head

A picture was taken, then a video, then a photo. We're seeing neck now, at point of decapitation

I don't think I need to describe all this. We are seeing the various body parts and a lot of blood. Need I say more?

Body parts in the fridge. Limb in the freezer

Now 20 photos "of interest". #Magnotta on a couch, in black T-shirt and purple sweat pants.

#Magnotta dressed in red and pink posing on a foot stool - several of these

Guidebook on London

Selfie of #Magnotta appearing to be sleeping next to another young man

Photo of same puppy that appears in the online video

Three videos shot on May 19, 2012; other 12 on May 25, 2012, the day Lin Jun was killed. We are being shown them now

See man tied to bed, blindfolded, snoring

2nd vid: Same as first, except someone leaning over the tied man. See Casablanca poster on wall

The man on the bed is naked, gagged, tied at ankles and wrists. #Magnotta standing next to him, now placing material over man's eyes

We hear the man snoring, see close up of his genitals and tied ankles

I don't understand why members of the public want to be in this room right now, watching

See #Magnotta standing over the man, now he's kneeling on the bed beside him, now straddling him. "You ok? You ok?" we hear M say calmly

Snoring man moves his legs slightly, lifts his head. End of first three vids, so this was man who got away

Next vid shows dimly lit room, man on bed with head covered with what looks like sheet

We hear and see #Magnotta walking around the room. Stab wounds on victim's stomach, neck slit

Seeing #Magnotta stabbing body several times. (One woman from public just left the room) There is no music in these videos.

#Magnotta is wearing a hoodie so we don't see his face. Now his has the knife and is slicing. Very close up shots

We hear water running but hard to see - maybe in the bathtub? Dismemberment happening now. I will spare you details

Now there's a sexual act with a limb

While these videos play in court, #Magnotta is bent over so low in prisoner's box, he's barely visible

Another sexual act, this time with the torso

And now he has a knife and fork. Buttocks. I'll leave it at that

We hear a puppy whining as the left buttock is cut. Puppy is place at the severed thighs. It is licking

The puppy is still there. The sound is sickening

Just two more to go..Another sexual act, this time with an empty wine bottle; followed by a knife

Last video shows Casablanca poster on wall, we hear a lot of banging around the apt.

#Magnotta lies on back on bed and performs sexual act with severed arm. Places it on the bed and gets up

Judge announces morning break #Magnotta

#Magnotta resumes at 11:15

7. matou

matou #los2188

That's all for me today. I'll read up later tonight. xo

I hate that sick ***. JMO

8. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

The jury has arrived in #Magnotta and back on the stand is Sarganis, the tech cop. Judge telling jury Crown will finish evidence Tuesday.

Trial will sit tomorrow too, at least for the morning. Today we are to see original videos from which online vid was made. #Magnotta

Defence will begin next Friday #Magnotta

Remember Sarganis is the cop who retrieved 15 videos and 505 photos from #Magnotta's camera

Three videos found on camera and on laptop. #Magnotta

Brace yourselves, we are now going to see photos that were on camera #magnotta

First photos of #Magnotta wearing a ring. May 19, 2012 of two people in bed

Next photo also #Magnotta in a field with ring. Another of him in a park, wearing ring. Cop looking for better format of pics

First pic is #Magnotta in bed with another man. Third pic, #Magnotta crouching in front of what looks like a bonfire pit

The pointer function on computer doesn't seem to be working. "Of course," judge says. #Magnotta

See hand with ring on middle finger resting on shoulder of man lying in bed with #Magnotta

Ring on right hand of middle finger. Next two photos, ring is on same finger - taken on same day. #Magnotta

Now being shown 20 photos of crime scene #Magnotta

***WARNING...graphic testimony****

Head of Lin Jun, throat slit, lots of blood. Next is side view of severed head #Magnotta

A picture was taken, then a video, then a photo. We're seeing neck now, at point of decapitation #Magnotta

I don't think I need to describe all this. We are seeing the various body parts and a lot of blood. Need I say more? #Magnotta

Body parts in the fridge. Limb in the freezer #Magnotta

Now 20 photos "of interest". #Magnotta on a couch, in black T-shirt and purple sweat pants.

#Magnotta dressed in red and pink posing on a foot stool - several of these

Guidebook on London #Magnotta

Selfie of #Magnotta appearing to be sleeping next to another young man

Photo of same puppy that appears in the online video #Magnotta

Three videos shot on May 19, 2012; other 12 on May 25, 2012, the day Lin Jun was killed. We are being shown them now #Magnotta

See man tied to bed, blindfolded, snoring #Magnotta

2nd vid: Same as first, except someone leaning over the tied man. See Casablanca poster on wall. #Magnotta

The man on the bed is naked, gagged, tied at ankles and wrists. #Magnotta standing next to him, now placing material over man's eyes

We hear the man snoring, see close up of his genitals and tied ankles #Magnotta

I don't understand why members of the public want to be in this room right now, watching #Magnotta

See #Magnotta standing over the man, now he's kneeling on the bed beside him, now straddling him. "You ok? You ok?" we hear M say calmly

Snoring man moves his legs slightly, lifts his head. End of first three vids, so this was man who got away #Magnotta

Next vid shows dimly lit room, man on bed with head covered with what looks like sheet #Magnotta

We hear and see #Magnotta walking around the room. Stab wounds on victim's stomach, neck slit

Seeing #Magnotta stabbing body several times. (One woman from public just left the room) There is no music in these videos.

#Magnotta is wearing a hoodie so we don't see his face. Now his has the knife and is slicing. Very close up shots

We hear water running but hard to see - maybe in the bathtub? Dismemberment happening now. I will spare you details #Magnotta

Now there's a sexual act with a limb #Magnotta

While these videos play in court, #Magnotta is bent over so low in prisoner's box, he's barely visible

Another sexual act, this time with the torso #Magnotta

And now he has a knife and fork. Buttocks. I'll leave it at that #Magnotta

We hear a puppy whining as the left buttock is cut. Puppy is place at the severed thighs. It is licking #Magnotta

The puppy is still there. The sound is sickening #Magnotta

Just two more to go..Another sexual act, this time with an empty wine bottle; followed by a knife #Magnotta

Last video shows Casablanca poster on wall, we hear a lot of banging around the apt. #Magnotta

#Magnotta lies on back on bed and performs sexual act with severed arm. Places it on the bed and gets up

Judge announces morning break #Magnotta

#Magnotta resumes at 11:15

https://twitter.com/MontgomerySue?lang=en

9. Kamille

Looks like we both had the same idea matou. LOL

10. Kamille

So the point of the ring seems to be that you can see him with the ring on in the JL "film" and there are other pictures of him on the camera with the ring on. Just proving that it is, in fact, him in the JL video although at this point it's not really necessary I suppose. Although as another poster put it, he could try to do an about face and retract his "confession" I suppose on appeal? So it's best to continue with the presentation of evidence as the prosecution had already established before his lawyer's last minute claims of admission to the physical part of all charges.

MOO

11. Kamille

Since the "raw" video footage had no music, I suppose we can assume that he edited his "soundtrack" in later. Quite the filmmaker isn't he? :notgood:

12. Kamille

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 6m6 minutes ago
    Court is now back in session. #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 5m5 minutes ago
    After asking witness to take out the camera and show it to the jury, prosecution is done questioning the witness. Cross coming. #Magnotta

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 5m5 minutes ago
    #Magnotta Crown files dvd containing photos/video as evidence, also the actual camera used and memory card. Defence now cross-examining.

Domenic Fazioli ‏@DomenicFazioli · 3m3 minutes ago
    In one out-take of murder video shown to the court today, Luka #Magnotta's face is clearly visible.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 2m2 minutes ago
    Sarganis is on cross-examination now. #Magnotta attorney Luc Leclair asking the officer about the photos of defendant with ring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Kamille

Not sure what is happening right now as no one is tweeting about this trial at the moment. :waitasec:

14. Kamille

Okay this tweet explains it...

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 36s37 seconds ago
    Leclair is cross examining Sarganis. So we're having to look at some of the videos again #Magnotta

I guess the reporters are getting tired of tweeting about the same thing twice every time. :rolleyes:

15. Kamille

Michaël Nguyen ‏@MNguyenJDM · 4m4 minutes ago
    Une autre photo de #Magnotta saisie dans sa caméra jetée aux ordures avant sa fuite en France puis en Allemagne.

[​IMG]

16. Kamille

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 2m2 minutes ago
    In cross-examination, #Magnotta defence lawyer focusing on the sequence - at what time videos and photos were taken.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 2m2 minutes ago
    We're watching the video again of the unknown man in #Magnotta's apartment

Seven minutes between first video of unknown man and second video, Leclair points out #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 59s60 seconds ago
    Saturday, May 19, 2012 is date of this video #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 52s52 seconds ago
    Why the time gap? Leclair asks. Did he start and stop the video? Could it have been continuous then erased? #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 5m 5 minutes ago
    Sarganis says all he can say is what he found on memory card. Two videos taken one after another. Don't know what happened in mins between

17. Kamille

Isabelle Richer ‏@IsabelleRicher · 7m7 minutes ago
    Troublante photo de #Magnotta avec l'inconnu endormi, une semaine avant le meurtre de Lin Jun

[​IMG]

18. Kamille

I wonder if releasing all these pictures of the mystery man is going to prompt someone to identify him?

19. Kamille

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 37s37 seconds ago
    Now we're looking at photo of man in early 20s with #Magnotta, both on bed, clothed and appear to be sleeping. View from above

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 36s36 seconds ago
    Sarganis says you can't see #Magnotta's left hand so may be taking the picture

Now looking at photo of two men on bed - angle is from side of bed. Camera could have been set up with a timer, Sarganis says #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 1m1 minute ago
    Photo was taken 46 seconds before the photo taken from above the two men #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 1m1 minute ago
    Leclair asking Saraganis who could have taken the pic of Magnotta & unknown male in bed.S: couldn't have been #Magnotta as he was in bed.

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 1m1 minute ago
    Sarganis agrees but also adds that digital cameras have timers on them and could have been set to go off afterwards. #Magnotta

#Magnotta lunch break till 2:15

20. Kamille

Not sure if there are many reporters actually at the trial today due to yesterday's events. In any case, none of them seem to be too interested in Leclair's cross examination. Can't blame them. Once again it's completely unnecessary and makes no sense. Trying to throw doubt that there may have been a third person photographing the week before? It's like he's going with his original defence before his client decided to admit to everything?

MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.