Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 13, 2014 - Trial Thread #2

Discussion in 'Luka Rocco Magnotta AKA Eric Newman' started by Salem, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 10m10 minutes ago
    "So this is the cutting of the right arm with a knife," Leclair points out. Was it #Magnotta who stopped camera and started again? he asks

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 10m10 minutes ago
    Well, I wasn't there, Sarganis replies. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 9m9 minutes ago
    We see a photo now of corpse with one severed arm. "That makes sense," Leclair says, "because we saw the arm being cut." #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 8m8 minutes ago
    Next photo taken a few seconds after the last. "I think it just looks like another angle," Leclair says, almost to himself #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 8m8 minutes ago
    Back to video of masturbation with severed arm. Hear #Magnotta sniffing. See him pull down his pants. Camera angle from above

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 7m7 minutes ago
    Hard to guess #Magnotta lawyer's goal as shows photos, plays videos, pauses tape for questions. Photos were taken in between video clips.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 7m7 minutes ago
    An hour and 11 minutes later, there's a video of trunk, with just one leg still partially attached. #Magnotta

Now we see a still of same sight, taken just a few minutes after the video. We see knife leaning against left thigh #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 5m5 minutes ago
    Going through the gruesome photos again in cross-exam, defence is setting out a timeline of #JunLin's dismemberment and beheading. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 3m3 minutes ago
    Still of head, foot, leg and arm in the bathtub with a black towel (that, you will recall, was found in the garbage) #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 3m3 minutes ago
    While #Magnotta was collecting footage for his snuff film, he switched between taking stills and videos, as evidenced by timestamps.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 3m3 minutes ago
    All were taken on May 25, 2012 though. #magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 2m2 minutes ago
    Sitting on a chair in the prisoner's box, #Magnotta is leaned very far over. His body is almost completely folded over his legs.

Robin Edgar ‏@RobinEdgar · 55s56 seconds ago  Montréal, Québec
    Luc Leclair is calmly and dispassionately cross-examining Panagiotis Sarganis about horrific & disgusting photos & videos taken by #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 33s34 seconds ago
    About five minutes after video of sexual act with torso, a still photo is taken of torso from the foot of the bed #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 1m1 minute ago
    Leclair comes to conclusion that videos and pics were shot in order. #Magnotta

2. Kamille

And the point of all this is? :waiting:

3. Kamille

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 52s52 seconds ago
    Leclair concludes the vids & pics were in sequence. Then see vid of #Magnotta violating torso w/ wine bottle & see the gold ring on his hand

Aha...the mysterious disappearing ring. On one minute, off the next. :waitasec:

4. Kamille

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 7m7 minutes ago
    Leclair: So the video and pictures were made in a 3 hour window? Sarganis: Looks like that, yes. #Magnotta

That's the end of this witness. Afternoon break #Magnotta

5. Kamille

I considered that he might have grown fond of the young man too. And then I considered that this might be a VERY young man (who is perhaps being protected by friends and family by keeping him anonymous?). Perhaps he did have some guilt over killing someone young? Which would show that he does feel emotion. I noticed that his next victim was older than him.

Maybe he realized that this victim would be missed quickly? Although he did have him in the apt overnight and it doesn't appear there were any alarm bells for anyone. But maybe he did have a cell that was going off a lot. Or he just chickened out the first time. And since he knew he had "promised" this film to his perceived followers, he was determined to do it again.

I hate to think that he may have looked at the face of this young man and thought that he might be recognized in the film quickly. And that he decided that the ridiculous notion that most Asians look alike is true and decided to choose an Asian man the next time.

It's so exhausting trying to get into this guy's head. :(

MOO

6. Little Jedi

Little Jedi "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equa

:floorlaugh:

FFS ~ Is he for real ??

7. Kamille

Back in #Magnotta. Next witness is Frank Massa, with Montreal Police tech crime unit

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 55s56 seconds ago
    Frank Massa is the next witness. Currently works for SPVM in technological crimes unit. Been a police officer for past 24 years. #Magnotta

Massa's job in this case was to analyze 2 computers #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 37s38 seconds ago
    He is now being sworn in to be deemed an expert witness. He's been an expert witness around 16-17 times already. #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 31s31 seconds ago
    No further questions from council about his expertise. He may now testify as an expert witness in forensic computer analyst. #Magnotta

8. maxfactor

maxfactor New Member

I wonder if Leclair actually knows who the mystery man is??I bet LM told him.

9. Kamille

Wow...that was fast. No long and drawn out cross by Leclair on this guy's credentials? He must be reading his own press. ;)

10. BorgQueen

BorgQueen Eradicated User

‏@amyminsky

Last time computer was "properly shut down" 19 February 2012. #Magnotta

@amyminsky

Using the Chrome browser installed on the computer, investigators found four separate email addresses. #magnotta

@amyminsky

Two are under #Magnotta's name, one is Joe Clark, third is a woman's name. #Magnotta

@amyminsky

Massa says two softwares of note installed on #Magnotta's computer: Track Eraser Pro and CyberGhostVPN.

‏@amyminsky

CyberGhostVPN tries to mask your IP address, TrackEraserPro deletes computer activity. #Magnotta

11. Little Jedi

GlobalNews

**Please read from Bottom Up**

amy minsky
    @amyminsky

.@malloryknox13 The court didn't draw a distinct line between the two. Timing matches up though.
    Oct. 23, 2014

amy minsky
    @amyminsky

Two are under #Magnotta 's name, one is Joe Clark, third is a woman's name. #Magnotta
    Oct. 23, 2014

amy minsky
    @amyminsky

Using the Chrome browser installed on the computer, investigators found four separate email addresses. #magnotta
    Oct. 23, 2014

amy minsky
    @amyminsky

After that, Massa says they note the last activity noted activity on the computer was in February 25, 2012.
    Oct. 23, 2014

amy minsky
    @amyminsky

Oct. 23, 2014

amy minsky
    @amyminsky

Investigation begins with basics: determining OS (Windows XP), registered under name (Dell), installed in (June, 29 2005). #Magnotta
    Oct. 23, 2014

http://globalnews.ca/news/1592694/live-coverage-luka-magnotta-trial/

amy minsky
    @amyminsky

Massa says he works on forensic copies of computers. He began his search for where #Magnotta might be using keywords from police.
    Oct. 23, 2014

12. Kamille

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 2m2 minutes ago
    Massa analyzed two computers involved in this case. One of which was found in the garbage outside of the #Magnotta apt. on Decarie.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 9m9 minutes ago
    Massa says he works on forensic copies of computers. He began his search for where #Magnotta might be using keywords from police.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 7m7 minutes ago
    Investigation begins with basics: determining OS (Windows XP), registered under name (Dell), installed in (June, 29 2005). #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 7m7 minutes ago

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 6m6 minutes ago
    Feb 25, 2012 was last date of activity on computer. No more activity after that. Meaning no new files created. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 6m6 minutes ago

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 5m5 minutes ago
    Two are under #Magnotta's name, one is Joe Clark, third is a woman's name. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 1m1 minute ago
    Massa says two softwares of note installed on #Magnotta's computer: Track Eraser Pro and CyberGhostVPN.

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 48s49 seconds ago
    CyberGhostVPN tries to mask your IP address, TrackEraserPro deletes computer activity. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 1m1 minute ago
    Massa: Investigators asked us to extract internet history. We extract it, but we don't analyze it. That's for the investigators. #Magnotta

13. Kamille

Joe Clark....Canadian PM 1979/80

And there's that VPN that someone predicted. :notgood:

14. No_Stone_Unturned

No_Stone_Unturned New Member

I'm wondering if the young man has been in touch with LRM recently? Yes, even after the murder! Birds of a feather............

About the ring - I tend to remove my wedding bands when I KNOW that I'll be working with yucky things - cooking oils, gardening stuff, etc. Did LRM remove the ring like I do.........with yucky substances? :thinking:

15. No_Stone_Unturned

No_Stone_Unturned New Member

Sorry, I'm out of it ....... VPN????????????????????

16. Kamille

Virtual Private Network...to mask your IP on the internet.

That's how he was able to get away with so much on the internet for so long. No one could trace his IP. I believe the account on Heaven666 was traced to Australia? We know he wasn't there.

MOO

17. maxfactor

maxfactor New Member

I'm actually wondering if with all this ring on, ring off stuff, they are going to try that LM has split personalities. Manny did it.

18. BorgQueen

BorgQueen Eradicated User

A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a service that one can use to hide their IP address (or get past 'geoblocked' content). Similar to a proxy, but more sophisticated, reliable, and easier to use when you want to be a turd and pretend to be numerous people at once (ahem...). One click and your ip is changed.

19. Little Jedi

VPN ~ A virtual private network extends a private network across a public network, such as the Internet. It enables a computer or Wi-Fi-enabled device to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if it were directly connected to the private network

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network

20. Little Jedi

Oh BorgQueen you beat me to it again :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.