Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 13, 2014 - Trial Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not seeing that? I'm seeing that they had LM's DNA and JL's DNA. They were able to confirm whether certain "stains" and other items contained the DNA of either of them or neither of them. If it was neither of them, they called it an unidentified person. Some were too decomposed or contaminated to determine anything. I think it's likely that the ones that didn't contain DNA from either of them is either from the unknown guy or other people who may have been in his apt (although we've not seen or heard of any others who were in his apt) or from past tenants perhaps. I think Leclair is trying to suggest that there were reporters in there before LE got in to do their testing, therefore contaminating the scene anyway. Why...when his client has confessed...I don't know.

MOO

I might have been thinking that because of this tweet:

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 11m11 minutes ago
Number of items where she found combo of DNA profiles? Bathroom sink: 2 incl #JunLin. Poss #Magnotta or someone else.

Was confused by "someone else".

I'm confused about the fax... LM told a lawyer where to find JL's head, and the lawyer faxed the directions to the police? Is that what happened? When was this, how soon after LM was arrested?

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 27m27 minutes ago
Lunch break over. Judge is here. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 25m25 minutes ago
Jury now in the courtroom. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 24m24 minutes ago
Crown's 16th witness toxicologist Catherine Lavallee back on the stand. #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 19m19 minutes ago
Lavallee has been an expert witness for 12 cases since 2010. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 18m18 minutes ago
We're back at #Magnotta Toxicologist did report October, 2012

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 17m17 minutes ago
Lavallée says drinking and driving cases are becoming more common. More than a third of all her cases involve that #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 15m15 minutes ago
How many cases have you done involving Temazepam, Leclair asks. Not sure, she says #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 6m6 minutes ago
Defence still asking witness about her qualifications. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 43s43 seconds ago
Leclair, after a series of questions, says he has no objection to toxicologist Lavallée being qualified as an expert. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 1m1 minute ago
Toxicologist testimony starting as crown questions her #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 45s45 seconds ago
Two reports = 11 Oct 2012 and 14 March 2013, Submitted into evidence. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
June 8, 2012, asked by pathologist to analyze gastric substances of victim following autopsy of #JunLin
#Magnotta

The material came from pathologist Yann Dazé. She asked him for more samples and he sent them #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 1m1 minute ago
The substances she received were the contents of stomach and bile from Lin. #Magnotta

Found two substances in liver and stomach: Temazepam and Benedryl. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 41s41 seconds ago
Need prescription for Temazepamin Canada but can be easily ordered over the internet. Sleeping pill. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 4m4 minutes ago
Witness says temazepam used to treat insomnia. #Magnotta

Defence says witness not qualified as temazepam expert. Jury dismissed so issue can be debated. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 3m3 minutes ago
Leclair objects saying he wasn't aware this witness was being qualified as expert in Temazepam. Judge asks jury to leave #Magnotta

I'm confused about the fax... LM told a lawyer where to find JL's head, and the lawyer faxed the directions to the police? Is that what happened? When was this, how soon after LM was arrested?

It appears that LM at first had a Toronto law firm representing him and they sent the information? So he told this lawyer where to find it?

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/15/law-firm-fax-directed-cops-to-jun-lins-head-jury-told

Also from that article...

Magnotta, 32, has admitted to killing Lin, performing indignities to his body, and mailing his body parts.

The ex-*advertiser censored* actor from Toronto wants a jury to declare him not criminally responsible due to schizophrenia and other mental disorders.

Magnotta's lawyer has said his client heard voices, including from a man named "Manny" who "made him do things."

The Crown argues Magnotta meticulously planned the murder six months in advance.

There's surveillance of Magnotta with the unidentified man from the first 53 seconds of the video here:
http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/d...nnu-chez-lui-une-semaine-avant-le-meurtre.php

(it's in french but it doesn't matter just to watch the video)
View attachment 61346

Wow...thanks for that sinwonderland. How on earth can they not find this young man? However judging by the bag he was carrying, the shape and fullness of it, I'm guessing this is another university student carrying his books. Was LM trolling around the university looking for a foreign victim that would not be missed very quickly? Is this young man from out of the country and he has since returned to his home country? Would summer courses have started by May 19th?

MOO

Wow... So he's arguing that Manny made him do it! But in the CCTV videos he shows no signs that voices in his head are making him do horrific things.... He looked like he didn't have a care in the world.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 7m7 minutes ago
Debates over. Jury being summoned. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 5m5 minutes ago
Crown tells jury wants to set record straight about defence getting notes organized because wasn't advised. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 5m5 minutes ago
Bouthillier telling jury that Leclair was advised late last week re witnesses testifying today. Lavallée wasn't among them #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 5m5 minutes ago
Witness answering question about why temazepam is prescribed. For youths with trouble sleeping. #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 5m5 minutes ago
Normal dose is 30mg before going to bed, though 15mg may be enough for some #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 4m4 minutes ago
Temazepam is known to prolong your night of sleep, Lavallee explains #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 3m3 minutes ago
Decomposing body, affects intestinal substances? Yes, quantities can be less later on. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 3m3 minutes ago
Lavallée says she found only a couple of milligrams of the medicine in Lin's system. 2 mg in the sample she analyzed. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 2m2 minutes ago
No prescription needed for Benedryl which is used for sleeping or nausea too, Lavallée #Magnotta

Quantity of this med compared to temazepam found in liver, much less. #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 1m1 minute ago
Temazepam and Benadryl combined will further weaken the patient #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 1m1 minute ago
Two anti-depressants taken at same time, effects can multiply, synergize. Effects even more amplified. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 56s56 seconds ago
Encounter Temazepam often? Yes. Not most popular but find a lot in suspicious deaths, homicides, sex assaults, drunk driving.#Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 40s40 seconds ago
Temazepam isn't that popular, but it's still relatively easy to find. Benadryl is much more common, because it's non-prescripton #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 53s54 seconds ago
Temazepam can get it in capsules, but also oral solution made in UK. Also pill form. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 32s33 seconds ago
Too much Temazepam can cause dizziness, loss of motor coordination, confusion, sleepiness. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 36s36 seconds ago
Can feel effects between 1 and 3 hrs. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 51s52 seconds ago
With Temazepam can have amnesia. See it used in cases of sexual assault, witness says #Magnotta

In urine, detectable up to three days. Last place where can find traces of temazepam; for other med, more than three days. #Magnotta

Feb, 27, 2013: received empty wine bottle from police. Asked to analyze contents. #Magnotta

Powdery substance on bottle, used to take fingerprints. Top of bottle, fine white and black particles. #Magnotta

Took samples, put 5mm of solvent inside bottle. SO can take particle samples from inside. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 2m2 minutes ago
Evaporated the solvent (ethanol) Temazepam and Benedryl are soluble in it #Magnotta

Temazepam soluble in red wine? Yes. #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 2m2 minutes ago
When Lavallee asked is Temazepam was found in empty red wine bottle found in apt., she said impossible to know since it was empty. #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 3m3 minutes ago
However, Lavallee does confirms that she found traces of Temazepam in the wine bottle police found in the trash near apt. #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 4m4 minutes ago
She could not confirm the quantity of Temazepam found in the wine. #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 3m3 minutes ago
Temazepam soluble in red wine. Label says don't take with alcohol, or other sedatives, including antihistamine. Like Benadryl #Magnotta

If victim took cocaine,would have found it?In decomposing body,could find trace since metabolizes. Not found here. #Magnotta

Hashish? Could have found trace but not here. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 3m3 minutes ago
We're able to detect 800 substances, witness says. In urine, we have four or five days to find cocaine; hash, one month #Magnotta

Two susbstances found, used as sexual stimulant? Defence objects. Judge agrees, witness not qualified. #Magnotta

Steven Chmielash ‏@s_chmielash · 4m4 minutes ago
Prosecutor wants a break to review his notes. Back in 20 mins. #Magnotta

You aren't alone - the fax has me asking MANY questions.......

:what:

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 32m32 minutes ago
Break over. Judge here. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 29m29 minutes ago
Cross examination begins. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 24m24 minutes ago
Leclair now cross examining the toxicologist. She didn't receive any blood, urine or eye liquid #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 23m23 minutes ago
So why not urine or blood? Because none to be had from victim. If had it, could calculate concentration? Yes. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 23m23 minutes ago
Given samples I had and decomposing body, analysis of alcohol not possible. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 19m19 minutes ago
Impossible to say what the concentration was at time of death or shortly after, witness says #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 18m18 minutes ago
So can't say that if #JunLin took the medicinal substances voluntarily or not? No. Defence done. Adjourned until tomorrow. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 18m18 minutes ago
And that's it for this witness and today's testimony. Back tomorrow at 9:30 #magnotta

It appears that LM at first had a Toronto law firm representing him and they sent the information? So he told this lawyer where to find it?

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/15/law-firm-fax-directed-cops-to-jun-lins-head-jury-told

Also from that article...

Magnotta, 32, has admitted to killing Lin, performing indignities to his body, and mailing his body parts.

The ex-*advertiser censored* actor from Toronto wants a jury to declare him not criminally responsible due to schizophrenia and other mental disorders.

Magnotta's lawyer has said his client heard voices, including from a man named "Manny" who "made him do things."

The Crown argues Magnotta meticulously planned the murder six months in advance.

This "Manny" person/voice is absurd. The murder, video, get-away plan was obviously planned.

:shame:

This "Manny" person/voice is absurd. The murder, video, get-away plan was obviously planned.

:shame:

From the e-mail received by Alex West - December 2011

"Well, I have to say goodbye for now, but don't worry, in the near future you will be hearing from me again. This time, however, the victims won't be small animals," the December email wrote, in part.

"I will, however, send you a copy of the new video im (sic) going to be making…. One you kill, and taste blood, its (sic) impossible to stop."

The email was posted from the name John Kilbride, but Sun reporter Alex West said he was convinced it was from Magnotta.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/british-tabloid-warned-police-of-murder-suspect-1.834383

Interesting, a drug that is apparently 'uncommon' was in the victim's system. One that can be purchased off the internet. Sounds planned to me. If either victim or killer had a prescription for this specific drug, we will find out I am sure, but somehow I doubt it.

Also, I have a question, if anybody could provide some clarification I would appreciate it. The name 'Bordelais' was used on at least one of the packages containing Jun's body parts. A name allegedly associated with Homolka (I say allegedly because... see: Magnotta...). Anyway, was it specified if this name was used on ALL of the packages? Were any other names specified? Or was it just that one name given, while others used were not? If we were given just the one name, and that name was only used on one of the packages, there is obviously a reason it was mentioned (which is why I wish to clarify this).

Interesting, a drug that is apparently 'uncommon' was in the victim's system. One that can be purchased off the internet. Sounds planned to me. If either victim or killer had a prescription for this specific drug, we will find out I am sure, but somehow I doubt it.

Also, I have a question, if anybody could provide some clarification I would appreciate it. The name 'Bordelais' was used on at least one of the packages containing Jun's body parts. A name allegedly associated with Homolka (I say allegedly because... see: Magnotta...). Anyway, was it specified if this name was used on ALL of the packages? Were any other names specified? Or was it just that one name given, while others used were not? If we were given just the one name, and that name was only used on one of the packages, there is obviously a reason it was mentioned (which is why I wish to clarify this).

Not sure if the name was used on all four packages but Bordelais is Karla Homolka's married name I believe. In fact I believe she goes or has gone by the name of Leanne/Emily Bordelais. Her husband's name is Thierry Bordelais I believe.

He also used the name of Kirk Trammell from New York on his laptop bag. A name that's also been associated with him online. I think he also used Katherine Trammell.

I don't think he's ever used the name "Manny". You think he would if this person is "in his head". :rolleyes:

MOO

Not sure if the name was used on all four packages but Bordelais is Karla Homolka's married name I believe. In fact I believe she goes or has gone by the name of Leanne/Emily Bordelais. Her husband's name is Thierry Bordelais I believe.

He also used the name of Kirk Trammell from New York on his laptop bag. A name that's also been associated with him online. I think he also used Katherine Trammell.

I don't think he's ever used the name "Manny". You think he would if this person is "in his head". :rolleyes:

MOO

Indeed, I have read that about Karla and the name 'Bordelais'. Since posting that question (it turns out I have a bit of time to poke around), I have found that he used "L. Valentini" and "Hubert Chretien". I think Hubert is the former PMs son? And I have no idea why, but the name 'Valentini' seems familiar. Probably something Magnotta has used in the past, I guess.
I still can not find anything about the 4th box, though.

As for "Manny"... I recall once finding a website with a massive rant about how a "Manny" guy is setting Magnotta up and Magnotta is good and innocent. :facepalm:

Indeed, I have read that about Karla and the name 'Bordelais'. Since posting that question (it turns out I have a bit of time to poke around), I have found that he used "L. Valentini" and "Hubert Chretien". I think Hubert is the former PMs son? And I have no idea why, but the name 'Valentini' seems familiar. Probably something Magnotta has used in the past, I guess.
I still can not find anything about the 4th box, though.

As for "Manny"... I recall once finding a website with a massive rant about how a "Manny" guy is setting Magnotta up and Magnotta is good and innocent. :facepalm:

Looks like he first starting using "Manny" as a defense for his actions back during the time when he was being called out about the animal killings. He contacted a lawyer in New York back then it appears and told him all about "Manny".

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...buse-allegations-may-testify-at-murder-trial/

This SOB was so evil, and so freaky, that just seeing his name gives me the willies.

I truly don't have alot of interest in hearing about that freak and his activities.

The details seem to make my skin crawl.

Pure Evil

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics