Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

Discussion in 'Luka Rocco Magnotta AKA Eric Newman' started by Salem, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

Exactly. How can you do a proper assessment on someone who is constantly lying and you can't back up anything they are saying with truth?

LM is the most unusual person they've all dealt with. Why is that? Because he's got a whole host of things going on that contradict with each other? But all done in a manipulative way and something he's been doing his whole life?

MOO

2. Rayemonde

Rayemonde Well-Known Member

This is Dr Joel Watts, if anyone's interested in putting a face to the name
    WATTS900(1).jpg

3. No_Stone_Unturned

No_Stone_Unturned New Member

Did the jury see the 1 Lunatic, 1 Ice Pick film?

Resonse: "THEY DID".

NOTE: I'LL EVEN GO BACK AND QUOTE HOW I SENT THE QUESTION! :)

ETA: Here's my question:

"Did the jury see the film uploaded on May 15th? Was called 1 Lunatic, 1 Ice Pick. 10 days before the actual murder took place.TY"

4. Rayemonde

Do you mean the TRAILER?

5. Kamille

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 6m6 minutes ago
    19 pages of notes. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 7m7 minutes ago
    Defence wants witness to zero in on parts jury should know. #Magnotta

Witness says before met #Magnotta, gave him warning about confidentiality,because of nature of case.

Witness says eventually very good chance his records could be subpoenaed. #Magnotta

Witness says told #Magnotta he'd be observing him, giving him meds, then when returned to Mtl his treatment would end.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 6m6 minutes ago
    Witness says #Magnotta provided release to allow him to share his notes when he was solicited by defence to testify as expert.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 5m5 minutes ago
    Witness given info on plane by detectives: overview of investigation. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 5m5 minutes ago
    Witness said police told him there may have been staging of events by #Magnotta and seemed to seek attention.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 4m4 minutes ago
    Witness reads from notes: "want to extradite asap, because concerned if waited longer, other diplomatic problems." #Magnotta

Witness' notes: he says for diplomatic reasons, maintain good relations with Germany, agree to bring psych to accompany #Magnotta.

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 5m5 minutes ago
    Watts wrote notes during extradition. Notes say police told him there was much staging in crime, that #Magnotta could be seeking attention.

Notes: witness said had impression Berlin psych made that request. #Magnotta

Notes: witness said police told him during flight from Mtl to Paris, #Magnotta was sick, going to bathroom despite frequent air travel.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 3m3 minutes ago
    Notes: witness says police told him concerned #Magnotta would fake mental illness symptoms because liked to put on a show.

That police believed #Magnotta was happy with the plane ride, had narcissistic need for attention.

Witness says it was military plane with personnel in military fatigues. #Magnotta

Witness was only psych, med personnel. Others were police and military team of plane. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
    Other independent info about #Magnotta charges?

salimah shivji ‏@salimah_shivji · 2m2 minutes ago
    Notes: Police worried #Magnotta would fake sickness on flight & that he would be happy w/military plane, large delegation sent to get him.

No, witness says. #Magnotta

Notes on #Magnotta acting, faking: info came from police officer, witness says. Casual discussion on plane.

Make you wary of certain aspects of #Magnotta?

Witness says took it in as with any info, to him it was info that may or may not be pertinent. #Magnotta

Had no involvement in case and only other info was from media and public knowledge. #Magnotta

Witness says it was early stages of case and had no info about #Magnotta whatsoever.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 1m1 minute ago
    Notes: witness said detective told him fed justice ministry confirmed was first time such flight/extradition happened. #Magnotta

Informed #Magnotta consented to extradition?

To my recollection, may be ruled as hearsay, think had been informed #Magnotta had consented.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 46s47 seconds ago
    You were told that? At some point don't remember who and when. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 31s31 seconds ago
    Witness wrote he should meet with Berlin psych for more info, and get medical record and pharmaceutical record. #Magnotta

Witness wrote on June 17, that for several hours, they had stayed on plane. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 44s44 seconds ago
    Lunch break. Back at 2. #Magnotta

6. No_Stone_Unturned

Yes.......that's what Kamille told me to ask about!!!! :blushing: Isn't that the trailer????????????????

7. No_Stone_Unturned

Quoted from Rayemonde:

Originally Posted by No_Stone_Unturned View Post
    Did the jury see the 1 Ice Pick 1 Lunatic film:

Response from a journalist inside the courtroom:

" THEY DID"

--------------------------------------

NOTE: I'LL EVEN GO BACK AND QUOTE HOW I SENT THE QUESTION!

****NOTE - I KNOW I got the title incorrect because I was in such a hurry to post this. RAYEMONDE, kindly see my corrected version. :tyou: :blushing:

8. No_Stone_Unturned

Now I'm quoting myself!! Is this what you wanted to know????????????????? :bang:

9. No_Stone_Unturned

:lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Fairy

Fairy New Member

Thanks so much for double checking.

It raises so many questions about why this isn't being reported though. I've heard more about coffee enemas and how LM can't play tennis anymore than about the trailer. The trailer is KEY to proving premeditation but seems to have been skipped over.

11. No_Stone_Unturned

12. No_Stone_Unturned

Ohhhh, you're more than welcome. :)

13. Kamille

Okay so we've got two psychiatrists hired by the defense to say that he was in a psychotic state. One of them was tattling on LE investigators about what they were talking about on the plane ride. I know they are only human but when will LE officers ever learn to keep their thoughts and opinions to themselves when in the presence of non LE investigators in the middle of a murder investigation? It always comes back to bite them in the a$$.

And based on that pic of a rather young Dr. Joel Watts, and his extensive list of credentials, and his obvious dedication to fitness, I'm going with my original theory that Dr. Watts is a bit of an overachiever and has very little hands on practical experience in dealing with patients, malingering ones and otherwise. ;)

MOO

14. Kamille

Now there has to be some psychiatrist for the Crown who declared LM fit to stand trial. Otherwise, what would be the point of the trial in the first place? If every doctor felt the same way, there would not have been a trial.

So I guess we wait to see what the other's have to say. And as we said from the beginning, this is just going to be a battle of the "experts" as to whether LM is NCR or whether his is.

MOO

15. Kamille

Just as an interesting note...Dr. Watts met with LM between Sept 2012 - Sept 2013. He did not officially become licensed as a forensic psychiatrist until Sept 2013.

He has also met with LM once during the course of this trial, in October 2014. Why would he need to do that?

He had been working at the Pinel Institute for 3 years before volunteering to be the psychiatrist to go over to Berlin to pick up LM, at the request of Dr. Barth in Berlin. Apparently Dr. Barth had a problem releasing LM unless another psychiatrist was there to pick him up. And we all remember his testimony about the 5 star psychiatric resort. :rolleyes:

He also made sure to tell LM upon first meeting that anything he said to him would be documented and could be used in the trial. So LM had ample warning that his behaviour was being monitored.

Dr. Watts also spent some time in the beginning glorifying his "teacher" in the US's esteemed cases, Bundy, Yates, Unabomber. So not only did this overachiever volunteer to get involved in this "high profile" case, he also somehow agreed to work with the defense to analyse their client. I suppose he'll chalk this case up on his extensive resume for the next time he testifies as an "expert".

Not bad if he's only been working in the field 5 years and is already being used as an "expert" in high profile criminal trials.

MOO

16. Kamille

This is interesting...

One month before he killed and dismembered Lin Jun, Luka Magnotta went to the Jewish General Hospital where he told a psychiatrist he couldn’t sleep, and was feeling impulsive and irritable.

He told the psychiatrist he had a history of paranoid schizophrenia, that he often heard voices, and he feared he was being followed.

Magnotta told Dr. Joel Paris and the resident on duty that day that he had been repeatedly sexually assaulted by a male cousin when he was 14. He had fears of abandonment, being cheated on, and chronic feelings of emptiness.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...report-chronicles-the-making-of-luka-magnotta

So he DID tell them he couldn't sleep and that he was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia?

Looks like a possible combination of both, going for Temazepam and that paperwork for disability being signed off on by a new psychiatrist in his new province?

ETA: We don't even have to bother with Dr. Watts testimony this afternoon. The whole report is described in that link!! And it's a doozy.

17. DaveNP

DaveNP New Member

2 pages to catch up on but,,,,just read a comment and remembered,theres loads of posts under different alias's on various froums + youtube that Maggotta was asking what type of person would do this!!All before the actual murder,quite relevant id have thought,has it been mentioned yet??

18. Kamille

Regarding the phone calls...

Later that month, and just before the killing, he mailed his mother a Mother’s Day card with $20 tucked inside. In the hours around Lin’s killing, he sent several text messages to his grandmother’s phone, which she shared with his sister, Melissa. At 7:22 a.m. on May 25, after killing Lin, Magnotta made a call that lasted almost four minutes to that number. Neither woman remembers the call.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...report-chronicles-the-making-of-luka-magnotta

Texts to his grandmother and a four minute call that no one remembers? What? :gaah:

None of that boo hoo, poor me report reflects anything that he actually did in those years, especially the internet taunting and upping his game.

Seriously, I'm not buying it and neither is anyone else who has researched him but I'm seeing a jury full of people without a clue and a really big sob story about a bullied, gay young man who was confused, ridiculed and raised by some strange people and may have inherited a mental illness from one of them. All true, and all very sad and unfortunate. But he was not the gentle soul that he has tried to portray himself as. He is a manipulative man who had a macabre fascination with death and gore and acted on it, for shock and awe. And premeditated it for weeks at least. Because he was going to show that London reporter who refused to do a story about him that he meant business right?

You can come up with all kinds of varying scenarios for LM, what he thinks, who he is, but one thing is certain. A solitary jail cell for life is where he belongs. No rehabilitation, no coddling. Give him his meds to keep him stable and put him in prison. And keep him there.

MOO

19. Kamille

Exactly...and none of this is being brought into the trial because he was smart enough to use a VPN and/or his internet history, if there was any, has not been allowed in as evidence.

The story of LM is so long and unbelievable that it appears the Crown is just going to go with the events around the murder and the psychiatrist's "expert" opinions. Which is probably all they can legally do unfortunately.

MOO

20. Rayemonde

Excellent sleuthing!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.