Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

Discussion in 'Luka Rocco Magnotta AKA Eric Newman' started by Salem, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BorgQueen

BorgQueen Eradicated User

2. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

I believe they just said "bank cards". Could have been debit or credit cards.

3. Kamille

These are forensic assessments he's talking about. And he just got his forensic license in 2013. So likely he was doing them under the guidance of someone else to get that license? Either way I still maintain that Dr. Watts is a career assessor. He is not a hands on psychiatrist with a lot of experience in long term monitoring of his own patients. I don't think he has a lot of experience dealing with various types of mental disorders in individual patients for any long term. He just does court ordered and private assessments.

MOO

4. BorgQueen

BorgQueen Eradicated User

Still seems more qualified than the previous witness. ("I don't know!" "I didn't ask!" "He didn't say!" "He told me so it is true!" "PSYCHOSIS!!" :facepalm:)
    I do agree, he seems like a 'career assessor' with high ambition, but little long-term, hands-on experience. There is only so much one can learn from books before one needs to get out and learn from life experience.

5. Kamille

Oh yes, I agree that as far as assessments go he was more thorough and seems to have tried to remain neutral, which will help the prosecution somewhat. But again, I'm not seeing how he can say LM was suffering from psychosis at the time he murdered JL. I don't see how he can make a determination like that when they have nothing to go on other than surveillance video that actually shows him acting the same before and after the murder of JL as he was acting before and after the evening with the Columbian mystery man the week before. The only other thing they have to go on is LM's word. And his story seems to be ever changing. Pretty sure a 10yr diagnosed schizophrenic who is supposedly constantly in and out of psychosis can give them a little more than "I don't know what happened. I had a "weird feeling".

MOO

6. Kamille

They left off with LeClair asking Dr. Watts how reliable the sister's testimony was. The Crown objected. The defense wanted to argue the objection I guess and since it was almost the end of the day the jury was dismissed. So I'm not sure what it's all about. Other than I don't think Dr. Watts is qualified to give an opinion on how reliable the sister is, either way. Not sure if that's what the discussion was about but I'm not sure why the defense would want him to give an opinion on the sister?

MOO

7. Kamille

I'd really like clarification of that too. I'm not sure if they meant the "still photos" of JL were when he was alive. That was confusing. I don't recall any testimony about pictures of JL alive when they were going over the camera picture and video testimony with the LE analyst.

Here's the quote from the news article...

The jury also heard that personal photos of Lin, alive, were found in the trash bin of Magnotta's computer after it was seized in Berlin.

Read more: http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/crown-sa...m-basic-instinct-film-1.2100764#ixzz3JCh3mHE0

What does that mean personal photos? Did LM download photos of JL off the internet during the news of his murder? And then delete them? Are we talking about JL's personal photos that were being used in all the news stories?

8. Kamille

I think if he had been successful in eluding LE and was still hiding out in Europe under an alias he'd be ecstatic about his notoriety and wouldn't be miserable at all. The only reason he's miserable now is because he didn't get away with it and wasn't able to get the full effect of his "shock and awe" film and the aftermath because he got caught. No "catch me if you can" taunting on the internet. So really it was all for naught.

It was those devastatingly handsome looks and cheekbones that were his downfall. ;) :floorlaugh:

MOO

9. Rayemonde

Rayemonde Well-Known Member

:rolling:

10. No_Stone_Unturned

No_Stone_Unturned New Member

No disrespect for your opinion but I do think he did it for BOTH pleasure (first) and then for shock and awe as a sideline. IMHO.

:)

11. No_Stone_Unturned

Quoted from Kamille:

What does that mean personal photos? Did LM download photos of JL off the internet during the news of his murder? And then delete them? Are we talking about JL's personal photos that were being used in all the news stories?

Great question! My question as well.....................:thinking:

12. No_Stone_Unturned

13. Little Jedi

Little Jedi "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equa

And...... ????

Is that it ??
    No more difficult questions which might upset 'poor little f*** king Luka' ??

This is an absolute farce !!

*But 'Thanks Everyone' for Tweets & Updates* :lol:

~ :wave: I'm miles behind again but just had to reply to that ^^ whilst catching-up ~

14. Little Jedi

Don't forget his Aunt & *his SISTER* :rolleyes:

Luka Magnotta : Incest With his Sister.

Monday, August 25, 2008

" Magnotta has been in numerous high profile relationships over the years, but noone seems to know where his two year old child came from? His family members are baffled and they all believe his sister is the true mother of Magnotta's only child."

http://unbelievablenews20.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

15. Little Jedi

I think that is correct about his brother.

No idea how I stumbled on this but kinda relevant ........:dunno:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/leo-b...reaking-criminal-peterborough-Ontario-1170096

16. Little Jedi

Colin Ireland (The Gay Slayer)

http://murderpedia.org/male.I/i/ireland-colin.htm

ETA :doh: Oops........ I see I really am 'behind' lol

17. Little Jedi

Here's an example of one:
    (still on-line - in actual thread)

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/18/t1734430-1-lunatic-1-ice-pick-video/

* I have no idea what kind of 'Forum' it is ? *

Also.......

The briankinney556 post on May 15, 2012 “1 Lunatic 1 Ice Pick” – is actually Luka Magnotta posting about people “who film their crimes”

http://lukatrial.com/tag/briankinney556/

^^ From Luka Trial Blog about the post ^^

18. Little Jedi

[video=youtube;vzDc6Qz3AKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzDc6Qz3AKo&app=desktop[/video]

19. Little Jedi

20. Rayemonde

Rayemonde Well-Known Member

And he told the psychiatrist he saw before the murder that his cousin had sexually abused him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.