Luka Magotta AKA Eric Newman Trial, Week beginning Oct 27, 2014 - Trial Thread #3

Discussion in 'Luka Rocco Magnotta AKA Eric Newman' started by Salem, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No_Stone_Unturned

No_Stone_Unturned New Member

TRIAL CONTINUES - 31 OCTOBER, 2014:

https://twitter.com/sleeCJAD

* I'll try to post some tweets but I'll be out a lot today *

:dracula:

2. No_Stone_Unturned

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 10m 10 minutes ago

#Magnotta trial reconvenes in an hour.
    0 replies 1 retweet 1 favorite
    Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 23m 23 minutes ago

#Magnotta trial begins a little earlier this morning for legal discussions before the jury is brought in.

3. italianWSfan

italianWSfan Member

From suemontgomery (@MontgomerySue):

#Magnotta's father is to testify. Longish hair, wearing wooden cross necklace and walks with a cane. Sitting on chair

#Magnotta is not looking at his father. He not looking at his son. Jury coming in now

Crown announces that his case is closed. But working on a series of admissions with the defence. #Magnotta

Father is 50 years old. Judge explaining to jury why the witness has a support person with him. But they shouldn't infer anything from it

Leclair explaining to witness that 14 people in front of him are jury. #Magnotta

Witness speaking loudly and clearly. "I understand that sir," he says. We cannot report his name #Magnotta

Leclair points to #Magnotta. That's my son sir, Eric Clinton Newman. Witness gives his address. Says he's here to help son #Magnotta

I think my mother is 74, sir, you don't ask a woman her name, witness says #Magnotta

#Magnotta's paternal grandfather had pet store, worked at Loblaws. Maternal grandmother worked at pet store. Love pets

#Magnotta loves pets. He loves my dog Duke, sir, German Shephard Huskey cross, sir, witness says

Witness talking about his two brothers. One lives with parents in Orillia. No sisters. Have daughter and another son#Magnotta

Went to Treadway, kindergarten to grade 6 but was very sick with asthma. Got beat up lot because short and skinny. Failed G 8 #Magnotta

Went to high school till grade 10 in Scarborough, the night school to finish, witness says #Magnotta

Witness says his best course was English, liked reading and the English language. Hard to put into words, he says #Magnotta

Finished school at about 19, 20 when already married. Worked in security and at hospital. We all lived with parents, he says #Magnotta

Father is 6ft 1, he says. At Scarborough Hospital did equipment repair. Got diploma from Seneca College #Magnotta

Talking about #Magnotta's mother, Anna Yourkin, who is part Russion. Met via blind date set up by brother #Magnotta

Said she was on birth control but wasn't. She was 16 and got pregnant with #magnotta. father was 17

4. italianWSfan

italianWSfan Member

From suemontgomery(@MontgomerySue):

I married her but had to have special permission, and lived with parents basement, witness said. She quit school #Magnotta

#Magnotta mom 5ft 5 in, skinny, natural blond hair. I named him Clinton Kirk after Clint Eastwood and Kirk Douglas #Magnotta

My wife at the time named him Eric, witness said. Early years were good, happy cause stayed with witness's parents #Magnotta

Once Anna went back with her family, there were a lot of problems. They didn't like me, thought I was terrible person for getting her preg

Anna's mom worked in nylon company, packaged them at home, witness says #Magnotta

Anna visited her parents and that's when all the trouble started, witness said. 2nd son was Conrad Carmen Shane Newman. I named him#Magnotta

Daughter Melissa came after Conrad, but don't remember date, witness says. A long time after, but don't remember #Magnotta

My mom got molested in her driveway so we had to move and Eric and Conrad came with us. And Melissa #Magnotta

#Magnotta didn't really go to school, witness says. He was home schooled. We lived northeast of Toronto in Bethany

Witness worked at Lever Bro in soap factory, made Dove soap bars, worked in warehouse. For about 10 years #Magnotta

Bought house in Bethany. Witness having trouble remembering daughter's name. Mom was very clingy #Magnotta

Witness says Anna didn't do a very good job at home schooling kids, but don't know what she taught them #Magnotta

Witness never actually saw Anna teaching their kids. Went on for 5 or six years. We lost the house, because of cc bills, he said #Magnotta

Eric, Conrad and Melissa went to school for first time after we lost the house, witness says #Magnotta

5. italianWSfan

italianWSfan Member

#Magnotta didn't have friends, no schooling, no kids his own age. Anna was a germophobe, he says. It was terrible.

Family moved back in with witness's parents, he says. Kids started going to school. Can't remember which school #Magnotta went to

Anna put kids in isolation, fanatic, using Lysol, wore gloves, wouldn't let kids use public washrooms, made kids hold it, he says #magnotta

Witness said he had a drinking problem that lasted a number of years. I realized I had psych prob, he says #Magnotta

Anna used mastercards, visa, spending money on toys and going back and forth to her mom's place, witness says #Magnotta

Anna also had a drinking problem - vodka. I would come home and she would be drunk, he says. Was against the home schooling #Magnotta

Never spoke to #Magnotta about not going to school, he says. But he didn't like the home schooling, none of them did

How do you know that? Because they told me, witness said. #Magnotta

#Magnotta and his bro Conrad had no contact with anyone. Melissa was younger and played on jungle gym. Boys v mixed up, still are#Magnotta

Boys were abused by maternal grandmother, witness said. She tied Conrad to a high chair with belts. #Magnotta wanted to be with g'ma

maternal g'ma wanted custody of all children. wanted to take them from Anna, witness says #Magnotta

G'ma tried to go to court, in my opinion, witness says. She smothered, babied #Magnotta. Favoured him. She clung to kids

#Magnotta not looking at his dad as he testifies. Looking at the floor

I had a lot of trouble with police officers in the family, in Phyllis's family (g'ma's) #magnotta

Witness can't remember when he and Anna divorced. I didn't love her any more, she made me feel miserable #Magnotta

Lost my job because of my drinking, went to AA, started drinking aagain and lost Lever Bro job, witness says #Magnotta

Anna's boyfriend Leo was mean to #Magnotta, says witness. He called him a ******

6. Rayemonde

Rayemonde Well-Known Member

PLEASE READ FROM BOTTOM UP :)

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 50s 50 seconds ago
    After separation, kids went to mom in law's. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1m 1 minute ago
    Went back to drinking again, lost job at Lever. #Magnotta

Ex's whole family drove me crazy. #Magnotta

Why divorce? Didn't love her anymore, didn't like way treated the kids. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 2m 2 minutes ago
    Mom in law go to live in Peterborough? Yes after our divorce. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 4m 4 minutes ago
    Police officers in family? Yes mom in law's side. #Magnotta

Had a sister and another brother. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 5m 5 minutes ago
    His ex had brother Gregory and got married and stayed with parents. #Magnotta

Mom in law had type of personality to cling to kids. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 6m 6 minutes ago
    She wanted mostly Eric, babied him, smothered him. #Magnotta

Mom in law went to court, tried to get custody. Don't think she did. #Magnotta

Mom in law wanted custody of kids for his ex. Kids were around 7 or 8, living in PepperTree. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 7m 7 minutes ago
    Conrad was tied with belts to a chair. Eric was mistreated too. There was custody battle. #Magnotta

Conrad was tied to a chair and mistreated by the mom and her mother. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 8m 8 minutes ago
    They were very mixed up kids. In many ways and still are. #Magnotta

Daughter was youngest so no feelings about that. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 9m 9 minutes ago
    Was he a normal child? No friends, home schooling, not learning anything, no interaction with anybody. Other son the same. #Magnotta

Eric told me, that he hated the country living. #Magnotta

Eric didn't like being in Betheny, he wanted to be in Scarborough with regular school and regular schools. #Magnotta

Did you ask kids how the home schooling was going? No, I was against it, never had conversations with Eric about it. #Magnotta

I was against the home schooling, wanted the kids to go to school. #Magnotta

I'd come home at midnight and his ex was drinking vodka and mom-in-law was on the sherry. I'd come home and they'd be all drunk. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 11m 11 minutes ago
    The mom had drinking problem too, vodka, in Betheny. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 11m 11 minutes ago
    I quit drinking and realized had psychiatric problem. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 12m 12 minutes ago
    How long prob last? Number of years. #Magnotta

You have drinking problem? Yes. Time when ex went back to parents and caused a lot of trouble for both of us. #Magnotta

Now around 1991. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 13m 13 minutes ago
    At this point,married ten years. Married in '81,'82.#Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 14m 14 minutes ago
    Eric went back to school, Gr 6 or 7. #Magnotta

Moved back with his parents. #Magnotta

How much debt? Ex racked up Mastercard, Visa, spending money on toys, going to her mom's place in Scarborough. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 15m 15 minutes ago
    Every kind of Lysol you could think of, when travelling to her parents, made the kids hold it in until they got there. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 16m 16 minutes ago
    Mom was germophobe. It was terrible. Put kids in isolation, would not let them use public washrooms, made them use Lysol. #Magnotta

Did he have friends? No he was isolated, no friends, no schooling. #Magnotta

Back to Betheny: Eric was mistreated in school. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 17m 17 minutes ago
    No matter how much money I made or work I did. SO then we moved to PepperTree. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 17m 17 minutes ago
    Lost the house. My ex ran up credit card bills and couldn't make payments, money going down the toilet. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 18m 18 minutes ago
    How long did home schooling last? 5 or 6 years. #Magnotta

Come home and ever see her teaching them? No. #Magnotta

Didn't teach them very well. not a very good job. No contact with children of their kids' age. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 19m 19 minutes ago
    The mom was very clingy and wanted total control over the kids. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 19m 19 minutes ago
    Mom's parents? In Scarborough. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 20m 20 minutes ago
    Witness drove back and forth to work at Lever Brothers. Worked there for 10 years, in soap factory. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 20m 20 minutes ago
    Moved there and #Magnotta home taught. The mom wanted to move to smaller town.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 21m 21 minutes ago
    Moved to Betheny. North east of Toronto. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 21m 21 minutes ago
    Eric/#Magnotta home schooled. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 22m 22 minutes ago
    Another child? Yes daughter Melissa. #Magnotta

Have another child? Yes, about 10 mos. later. Name? Conrad Carmen Shane. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 24m 24 minutes ago
    The mom's family lived in Scarborough. Not far from his family's house. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 24m 24 minutes ago
    Why falling out? Her family didn't like me, thought I was terrible person for getting her pregnant. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 25m 25 minutes ago
    Led a happy life up until the mom got together with family, they had a falling out. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 25m 25 minutes ago
    Name of baby? Eric Clint Kirk Newman. Clint for Eastwood, Kirk for Douglas, the actors. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 26m 26 minutes ago
    Physically? 5'5', skinny, blonde hair, dark roots. #Magnotta

She never went back to school. #Magnotta

Lived in his parents' basement. The mom left school. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 27m 27 minutes ago
    The mom's dad was furious, and they got married. #Magnotta

He was 17, she was 16. #Magnotta

Met #Magnotta mom in high school, through brother, blind date. Fell in love, she said was on birth control and got pregnant with #Magnotta.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 28m 28 minutes ago
    Graduated in such a course at Senecal College. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 29m 29 minutes ago
    At hospital, did medical equipment repair. #Magnotta

Did security for IBM. He's 6'1". Weighed about 180 at that time. #Magnotta

Worked for security company, at Scarborough General Hospital and went to night school. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 30m 30 minutes ago
    When finished school, while he was married with son Eric, witness was 19 or 20. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 30m 30 minutes ago
    Witness failed Gr. 8, went to night school. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 31m 31 minutes ago
    He missed a lot of school because of asthma. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 31m 31 minutes ago
    Then he went to Woodworth Junior High. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 32m 32 minutes ago
    I was a very sick child with asthma and I got beat up a lot, I was a little kid, short, skinny, with asthma. #Magnotta

You go to grade school? Treadway Junior Public in Scarborough. #Magnotta

Witness describing family. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 34m 34 minutes ago
    Witness says #Magnotta loves pets, loves his pet dog Duke.

Mother also worked at the pet store, father owned it for 8-10 years. #Magnotta

Witness's father had a pet store, worked for Safeway and Loblaws. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 35m 35 minutes ago
    Witness is 50 years old. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 35m 35 minutes ago
    See that man sitting there? Yes I do , that's my son, Eric Newman. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 37m 37 minutes ago
    Defence lawyer Luc Leclair explains to witness there are 14 jurors. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 38m 38 minutes ago
    Judge says it has nothing to do with the evidence. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 38m 38 minutes ago
    Judge tells jury the witness is testifying with a "support person", to help him give evidence in more comfortable surroundings. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 39m 39 minutes ago
    The father of #Magnotta has longish hair, wearing a black coat, walks with a cane. Sitting in a wooden chair while testifying.

The defence's first witness: the father of Luka #Magnotta. His name is under a publication ban. #CJAD

The defence begins presenting its case. #Magnotta #CJAD

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 40m 40 minutes ago
    BREAKING: Crown rests its case in #Magnotta trial. #CJAD

7. italianWSfan

italianWSfan Member

#Magnotta lived in Toronto with Anna and her bf Leo. They had two children together, witness says

Phyllis moved to Peterborough and had some of the kids live with her, witness says. Relationship with Yourkin's was terrible, he said

Witness had gun collection when they lived in Bethany but sold them because G'ma Phyllis didn't want them in the house #Magnotta

When witness separated from Anna, began having psych probs. Heard voices, suicidal, angry. Went to hospital #magnotta

Witness has blue lunch bag of pills sitting on table in front of him. Quit drinking 8 years ago, quit drinking 15 years ago #Magnotta

anti-psychotic, anti-depressant. Witness's wife has schizophrenia, he says #Magnotta

Witness says he needs to take his noon medication #Magnotta So lunch break

I hope I could help a bit! I cant post tweets after the lunch break, as I will be on my phone only.
    Thanks to all of you who kept me up to date last week!
    :seeya:

8. Rayemonde

PLEASE READ FROM BOTTOM UP

Lunch break. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 3m 3 minutes ago
    Witness says they're empty pill bottles to keep blister packs. #Magnotta

Current wife's name on pill bottle. Judge tells defence they're straying. #Magnotta

Witness describes pills used to help while he's stopped drinking. Anti-depressants and anti-psychotic pills. #Magnotta

Witness points to blue bag in front of him. "Those are my pills." #Magnotta

Went to hospital because of that? Yes. First time happened? Yes. #Magnotta

I heard voices. I felt like suicide, felt angry. #Magnotta

Probs when separate from ex? Psychological probs. I had schizophrenia. #Magnotta

I went to live where grandparents live, then PepperTree, then divorce. #Magnotta

Witness had gun collection. Mom in law didn't want it in her house. Kicked him out. #Magnotta

Didn't get along with ex's family. #Magnotta

I was living in Scarborough at time. Never went to Peterborough. #Magnotta

Can't recollect time period, just know what I was told. #Magnotta

Talking about Eric living with mom in law and her hubby in Toronto. #Magnotta

Judge says jury will have to weigh it along with evidence. Did I do something wrong, witness asks. #Magnotta

People Eric went to stay with mistreated him, called him ******. Crown objects, says it's hearsay. Judge says it's contextual. #Magnotta

Me: since it's contextual, the word that the board automatically censored is f a g g o t

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue ·
    Anna's boyfriend Leo was mean to #Magnotta, says witness. He called him a ******

9. Rayemonde

Hmmm.... seems a bit theatrical for him to have his meds with him, then say he needs to take them whilst he's on the stand! I didn't think antipsychotics had to be take so regularly/ frequently? But maybe he has other health problems too.

ETA I was wrong, I just googled it and found this:
    "Antipsychotics are available as tablets or as a liquid medication. If antipsychotics are swallowed, they are taken once, twice or three times a day, depending on the drug and the dose."
    http://www.mentalhealthcare.org.uk/antipsychotic_medication

10. No_Stone_Unturned

Holy crap! What a day in court so far. Many thanks to those posting the tweets. :) I'll be gone again at 1:30 pm so kindly continue. :tyou:

This is a very extensive look into Magnotta's early years. I'm somewhat speechless.......

11. Rayemonde

http://answers.psychcentral.com/Depression/i-hate-my-mother-and-i-dont-care-enough-to-change-it-/

Some of what LM's dad is saying agrees with what LM posted about his family in the above thread, under the name of vladimir romanov.

LM's dad has confirmed that LM's mother was 16 when she had him, that she had a phobia about germs, that she would tie LM's younger brother to a chair with belts and abuse him, that the kids were homeschooled because the outside world is "dirty".

I'm sure LM will appreciate that his father is speaking out for him now. He calls his father "bipolar" rather than schizophrenic and LM himself claimed to have bipolar disorder. My guess is that he is ashamed about having schizophrenia, and says bipolar disorder because that has a slightly less of a stigma attached to it. He calls his father a pathalogical liar - hopefully LM's mother will also testify so we can hear her side of the story.

LM obviously didn't approve of his father taking medication for schizophrenia.

12. Rayemonde

Legal stuff before the jury returns. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 22m 22 minutes ago
    When jury is back, testimony of father of #Magnotta will resume.

Still legal issues. #Magnotta

13. Shimmers

Shimmers New Member

So if daddy Newman isn't lieing, then LM was talking the thruth about his upbringing! And if it is the thruth, wow, i feel for the child that LM once was ( and his siblings )! But whatever your upbringing may be it is never an excuse for the things he did!

14. Rayemonde

Now Read from Top to Bottom :)

Jury is back. Testimony of father of #Magnotta continues.

Jury instructing jury about personal knowledge of the facts and hearsay. #Magnotta

Personal knowledge is what witness saw or heard that is different from he learned from someone else. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 14s 15 seconds ago
    Witness may explain how he acquired such personal knowledge of the facts. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · now 7 seconds ago
    Can be difficult to assess witness' memory or perception of facts. #Magnotta

Example: Witness talked about ex's bf beating #Magnotta. But since he didn't personally witness it, it's not evidence before the jury.

Back to witness testimony: talking about witness's medication. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 1h 1 hour ago
    #Magnotta's father back on the stand and says he feels better, more relaxed. Going over what meds he takes

List of presciption labels shown on overhead projector. #Magnotta

Meds for pain, arthritis in left ankle. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 33s 33 seconds ago
    Next med, not sure for what. Med for pinched nerve in back. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 31s 31 seconds ago
    Med from psych Dr. Byers, Cnd Mental Health Assoc, saw him for five years. Now seeing Dr. Ferguson. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 15s 15 seconds ago
    Next med, not sure for what. Next med for jittery nerves. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 57s 57 seconds ago
    Next med, anti-psychotic. Three tablets at bedtime. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 46s 46 seconds ago
    Next med,anti-psychotic. #Magnotta

Next med, not sure for what. #Magnotta

Next med for manic depression. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 59s 59 seconds ago
    Next med for depression. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 13s 13 seconds ago
    List of ten meds. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 1h 1 hour ago
    . . . Some 29 pills a day. #Magnotta

15. Rayemonde

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 41s 41 seconds ago
    Separation from wife, now remarried? Yes. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 4s 4 seconds ago
    Hospitalized for psych probs? Yes. A lot, happened 6,7,10 years ago. Stable since on meds. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 40s 40 seconds ago
    Calms psychotic episodes. He says works as cleaner now. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 16s 16 seconds ago
    Works at CMHA. Did work as snack cart for offices, lost job due to lack of funds. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 26s 26 seconds ago
    HOw many times go to ER because of Psych probs? A lot before meds. #Magnotta

How old when started psych probs? Started drinking, didn't know how to handle it. Maybe about 35 or 40 yrs old. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 59s 59 seconds ago
    Medical records? Yes turned them over to you. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 11s 11 seconds ago
    Used to go to Centenary Hospital, now part of Rouge Valley. #Magnotta

Jury going to get copies of witness' medical record. #Magnotta

1700 pages. #Magnotta

ME: here we go, Leclair can read all 1700 pages out in a boring monotone now :p

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 39s 39 seconds ago
    Intro'd his psych to Eric/#Magnotta because noticed problems. Can't remember exactly.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 22s 22 seconds ago
    How old was Eric? Can't remember. 20 I think. Not sure. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 7s 7 seconds ago
    Seen psych before that? I don't think so. #Magnotta

16. Rayemonde

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 18s 18 seconds ago
    You noticed something about him, to take him to your psych? Yes, for interview. Was not present. Took him on for number of years. #Magnotta

Visited Eric in Centenary Hospital, he wasn't well. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 34s 34 seconds ago
    He was admitted on 6th fl I think. Used to keep his wallet in safe on the ground floor. He'd have to sign himself out. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 49s 50 seconds ago
    Bits and pieces will come back to me, can't remember over such a long period. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 18s 19 seconds ago
    #Magnotta leaning forward in his seat, head bowed.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 38s 38 seconds ago
    In 2003, March 7,acc to medical records:Aware son admitted to 10th floor, hearing voices,about to move.Witness acknowledges this. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 12s 12 seconds ago
    Witness says think his son told him he was hearing voices, got himself to the hospital. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 58s 59 seconds ago
    Defence reading from med record about #Magnotta hearing voices. Crown objects, hearsay. Judge said it's reliable info.

March 2003, did you hear voices to hurt others? Yes I did. #Magnotta

Voices tell you to act,not to act on anger, depression.Thoughts and emotions all jiggled together,voices command you what to do. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 4m 4 minutes ago
    In records says that on March 7, 2003 father was worried about son because he was hearing voices. "I think he told me," dad says #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 2m 2 minutes ago
    Father was in for mental assessment in 2003, heard voices telling him to hurt himself or others. Homicidal ideation #Magnotta

Voices that tell me to act or not to act on anger, depression, your thoughts, feelings emotions are all jiggled together, witness says

17. Rayemonde

It's male voice, witness says. #Magnotta

Father in law said to me once, why don't you go kill yourself? So that thought was inn my mind. Voices telling me what to do. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 40s 40 seconds ago
    Said 2,3 voices telling me. "Mobile crisis": help talk you down or tell you to go to hospital. Part of Rouge Valley, CMHA. #Magnotta

It was an older man's voice, father says. Father in law would say if you don't like it why don't you go kill yourself, he says #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 16s 16 seconds ago
    Also have Dr. Eisenberg? Yes, overprescribed meds,really did a number on me. #Magnotta

Dr. Cruz, psych? Yes saw her once or twice. #Magnotta

Father has a team at CAMH that takes care of him. Psychiatrist, job team workers, nurses, counsellors, social worker #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 1m 1 minute ago
    Dr Eisenberg over prescribed medicine till I was screwed up in the head, father says #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 32s 33 seconds ago
    Witness tends to go off on tangents and when stopped by defence, he says "ok, I'm sorry." Almost childlike #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 49s 49 seconds ago
    Going through a whole list of mental health workers witness may or may not have dealt with. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 21s 21 seconds ago
    #Magnotta's father had auditory hallucinations, feel like people are following me, looking over my shoulder. paranoid

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 23s 23 seconds ago

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 45s 45 seconds ago
    Studied karate, why? Someone kicked me in ankle and wanted to learn to defend myself. #Magnotta

Voices you heard, still hear them? Yes, but not as bad. Hear them today? No. Yesterday? No. #Magnotta
    Now in March 2013: Mohammad Jabar, talked about feelings witness had about people following him, trying to hurt him. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 35s 35 seconds ago
    When last heard? Last week. What say? Make sure no one touches me or hurt me and go on and not live anymore. #Magnotta

Called my counsellor, asked to speak with Dr. Ferguson. Got support, visits to my house. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 28s 28 seconds ago
    Still hears voices, but not as bad, witness says. Heard them about a week ago. 2 or 3 were saying to not live any more. #Magnotta
    suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 50s 50 seconds ago
    Gets support three times a week at his house, witness says. They come to my house #Magnotta

Called my counsellor, asked to speak with Dr. Ferguson. Got support, visits to my house. #Magnotta

Did voice tell you to kill someone? No, to defend myself. But if did, to kill someone? No. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 51s 51 seconds ago
    Pre-med, voices stronger? Yes. Med helps? Yes, makes sure live normal, productive healthy life. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 26s 26 seconds ago
    Get a lot of support, meds, still hear voices but not as bad and don't act on them. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 41s 41 seconds ago
    Para schizophrenic manic depressive is current diagnosis. #Magnotta

18. Rayemonde

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 7s 8 seconds ago
    I still hear voices. paranoid schizophrenic, manic depressive is his diagnosis, witness says #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 56s 56 seconds ago
    1996, Nov 19: Dr. Thomas Choi? Don't remember him. #Magnotta

Report talks about witness's auditory hallucinations, suicidal thoughts, loss of enjoyment of life. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 34s 34 seconds ago
    Witness can't recall diagnosis outlined in report, refers to dual personality disorder. Acknowledges date. #Magnotta

So took time to figure out what your illness? Yes, always diagnosed as manic depressive, turned out to be a lot more than that. #Magnotta

Another doctor's report refers to other personality and psych disorders. Witness says rings a bell. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 21s 21 seconds ago
    But can't remember if, when admitted for that. Maybe 10-15 times went to ER. #Magnotta

Leclair reading from med file from 1996. Increasing suicidal thoughts, writing bad cheques, the doc notes say. Witness doesn't remember
    Was around 1996 when he was diagnosed. at first they thought it was bipolar. manic depressive. It turned out to be a lot more, he says

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 36s 36 seconds ago
    In communication with Eric of late? Only in prison, up until 4 months ago, no family allowed to visit him. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 24s 24 seconds ago
    How many times visit him? 4x since arrest. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 42s 42 seconds ago
    How did it go? Went well, we connected, we understood each other. Defence is done. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 18s 18 seconds ago
    Crown asks about criminal record. UI fraud. Bad cheques. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 13s 13 seconds ago
    Doesn't like to travel by plane, afraid of them. Doesn't like groups, fear of being in crowds. #Magnotta

Cross by crown. Witness has record for UI fraud and bad cheques. In process of getting a pardon, he says #Magnotta
    Witness would like to become security guard. Afraid of airplanes. Anxious to take bus or train. Came to Mtl by megabus #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 38s 39 seconds ago
    If get pardoned, like to go see NY or Washington? I'd like to go to Vegas. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 20s 21 seconds ago
    Go without wife? Wouldn't enjoy it as much. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · now 5 seconds ago
    Would go by bus or train. Wouldn't enjoy going without wife. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 44s 45 seconds ago
    So schizophrenia makes it difficult to travel or go to places by yourself? Yes.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 18s 19 seconds ago
    Longest you went without talking to son? 5, 10 years. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 35s 35 seconds ago
    Son was connecting with ex and father in law and never liked those people and he did so he came in and out of my life. #Magnotta

Did it have to do with the fact he slept with your new wife? May have. #Magnotta [ME: shuyee deleted this tweet shortly after posting it]

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 44s 44 seconds ago
    Witness said got letter from a Diana who didn't like me or my wife and made up stuff. My wife never slept with him. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 17s 17 seconds ago
    It was a lie? Yes. Confronted Eric and wife? Yes. They said it never happened. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 25s 25 seconds ago
    Did it have to do with the fact he slept with your new wife? No. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 54s 54 seconds ago
    Witness says this Diana person made it up, was a lie. Crown is done. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 44s 44 seconds ago
    It was a lie? Yes. Confronted Eric and wife? Yes. They said it never happened. #Magnotta

Witness said got letter from a Diana who didn't like me or my wife and made up stuff. My wife never slept with him. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 15s 16 seconds ago
    Witness insists this Diana person made it up, it was a lie. Crown done.#Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 45s 46 seconds ago
    Legal issues now while jury and witness are gone for break. #Magnotta

19. Rayemonde

I didn't know you could be diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia AND bipolar disorder - I thought they diagnosed shizoaffective disorder when someone has symptoms of both.
    I wonder if this letter from "Diana" was actually written by LM? :p LM did write online posts saying that he slept with his stepmother.

20. LoyalSleuth

LoyalSleuth Member

All I can say is wow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.