Luka Rocco Magnotta: charged with first degree murder; worldwide red alert:INTERPOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks VERY fake to me. Very fake. Plus the "severed legs" are conveniently lying next to bunched up black satin sheets.

Interesting signature: Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius ... "Kill them all, let God sort them out"

Feedback Requested

As this thread seems to be moving at the speed of light and we all probably feel like jugglers with lots of different objects in the air and are all attempting to successfully juggle; I'd ask everyone these questions (and then highlight the results to the moderators):

A. Is one thread enough?
B. If not, would you like to see threads focused on the following topics:
1) THE ACTIVE SEARCH FOR Luka Rocco Magnotta: Specifically focused on the search and sightings (both real world and online)
2) INSIDE THE MIND OF LUKA MAGNOTTA: Specifically focused on Luka's past actions/crimes, writings, videos and discussion/building of a psychological profile of LRM.
3) THE MURDER OF JUN LIN: Discussion of evidence, details of the crime and the video
4) REMEMBERING JUN LIN: A place to "light a candle" for Jun Lin.

I just wanted to suggest ways we might make our efforts more manageable.
Thoughts?

I definitely think we need a separate thread for Jun Lin. We need to remember the victim, his family and his life without it all being buried under the inevitable mass of discussion about the deviant who murdered him in cold blood. This is a victim friendly forum, so hopefully we can do that here, even though the rest of the 'net is seemingly obsessed with the killer.

As a gay male in his early 30's, living in a major city (live in the gayborhood to be exact), one who has been online since junior high school (hello Prodigy, Compuserv...) and one who has been exposed to guys personal, professional and sexual interests cover the spectrum (ok, never has anyone mentioned their passion for murder, cannibalism, decapitation); there is not many scenarios that I could "connect the dots" and say "yeah, that could happen"... However the scenario of "hey if you murder an innocent victim, commit necrophilia & sodomy with the corpse, commit cannibalism on the innocent victim, decapitate the innocent victim and film it all and send it to me; then sure I'll be your sugar daddy, buy you a ticket and you can come live with me."
In no world, real or fictional does that scenario make sense to me and if that potential scenario becomes reality in this world then I am horrified beyond words.

This is most definitely NOT a 'gay thing'. As a straight female, I am getting extremely annoyed at all the attention his preferences are getting, as if it has anything to do with the crime. The "gay *advertiser censored* star..." headlines anger me. His sexual orientation is irrelevant, and he was never a star. I find it offensive. I have never known a gay man or woman to be this horrible. It has nothing to do with it. This is a 'sick, twisted, evil, piece of crap' thing. Unfortunately, there are more people out there like him. I never thought something like this would happen, it doesn't seem possible. But it is. It happened. I was naive to think things like "it can't get any worse than this"... it can always get worse.
Perhaps it is unlikely that there is some other monster out there willing to pay somebody to do something like this... but it is not impossible.

I can confirm SillyBilly's comment that social media is a KEY investigative tool of authorities both in the States and abroad.

I've seen instances in the US where investigators followed social media to block the release of information and to prevent an accused's family from being harassed. I've also seen a couple of instances where US lawyers are reading social media to get feedback on their legal arguments.

Regarding Canadian investigators turning to social media for assistance during investigations into murders ... I don't believe it happens except when they are investigating a specific person that is posting on the internet.

Interesting signature: Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius ... "Kill them all, let God sort them out"

Starting a thread which asks posters to rate their risk of being murdered is "interesting" too, IMO.

But consider you have a sick **** here who killed the cats and became known all over the web for it and he is also someone who has been SCHEMING all his life to become rich so he can live the life of some international man of mystery and intrigue, another sick **** with money contacts him and tells him there is big money waiting for a real snuff film.

He would do it, without hesitation. Is that a far fetched theory? Most likely, but not out of the question considering he is doing a pretty good job hiding and not getting caught and a lot of money would help with that.

I definitely appreciate your well thought out response and insights; thank you Paximus!

I guess it is easier for me to believe a sick and twisted fella would anonymously pay for the vile drivel that Luka filmed from afar than it is for me to believe that the same sick and twisted fella would both pay for the video AND put out ye olde Welcome Mat and open his/her home to the thing who committed homicide on film.

see that link.... he may have left Paris, but it seems he was seen there 2 days ago

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Luk...aris+hotel+manager+reports/6720481/story.html

I read that article, I do suspect it's possible that the owner, the guy who originally told the cops he hadnt seen anyone matching Lukas description, might have thought an article in the newspaper might attract some new customers, thats we he called them back and said someone else did see Luka.
Seems a bit sketchy to me, I mean maybe, but... I'd at least like to see security video stills. It just really doesn't sound credible enough. I can't actually find anything confirming he did get on that flight, I'm thinking he did buy the tickets, but never made the flight. And to be 100% honest I'm sure they have high end surveillance setups in every major intl airport. Notice how a few days ago they cops say 'he may be back in Canada', although the police knew he was not on that France to Canada flight? I think they know he's here and never left, they just don't want to admit this nutjob had them on a wild goose chase for the past week and has been outsmarting them.... so far. (Although I'm sure his days are numbered now..)

They were both gay ... no connection at this time about how they met ... probably doesn't matter.

It may not matter to you but it matters to me. If you don't know, why bother replying? I think it's important to know how he lures his victims. If it's on the internet or if he meets them at bars or other ways.

agrees, he is living a drifters life of poverty imo; just not so in HIS mind. Luka should contact his family and take the help they are offering him. MOO

He hates his family. It's probably the last place he'll go to, imo

This is most definitely NOT a 'gay thing'. As a straight female, I am getting extremely annoyed at all the attention his preferences are getting, as if it has anything to do with the crime. The "gay *advertiser censored* star..." headlines anger me. His sexual orientation is irrelevant, and he was never a star. I find it offensive. I have never known a gay man or woman to be this horrible. It has nothing to do with it. This is a 'sick, twisted, evil, piece of crap' thing. Unfortunately, there are more people out there like him. I never thought something like this would happen, it doesn't seem possible. But it is. It happened. I was naive to think things like "it can't get any worse than this"... it can always get worse.
Perhaps it is unlikely that there is some other monster out there willing to pay somebody to do something like this... but it is not impossible.

Never was trying to insinuate it was a "Gay Thing"; my apologies if it came across that way.

I was trying to do two things with that post:
1. Share some insights about myself with a great group of sleuths (male, female, gay, lesbian, hetrosexual, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and all races, creeds, etc) who are working together to help bring a monster to justice.
2. Through relating my experiences and background, trying to myself make a poor attempt of getting "inside the mind" of Luka and juxtapose my thoughts with his potential thoughts.

I cannot tell you how impressed and overwhelmed I am at everyone here at WS being so awesome, dedicated and compassionately coming together to help capture a monster and in doing so save the lives of his potential victims.

Why would investigators take the fridge?

The question I have is why did the landlord think the fridge should be cleaned and used for food ... tells us what kind of dive the place is.

I thought they'd take the fridge because usually (here in the U.S.) the fridge is taken if a body or body parts are found in it. I can remember several cases where I've seen fridges wheeled out and loaded up. I don't think it's an odd thing to wonder why they didn't take the fridge. I guess they think they have all the evidence they need, but to me (non-LE) just seems strange they didn't take it.

It may not matter to you but it matters to me. If you don't know, why bother replying? I think it's important to know how he lures his victims. If it's on the internet or if he meets them at bars or other ways.

Spot-on ~n/t~ , you're the best :)

I posted an article earlier from the Toronto Star (and added Jun/Justin Lin's photo to my post highlighting it); here is what the article mentioned regarding the Lin / Magnotta relationship:
None of Lin’s close friends say they know how Lin met Magnotta, though police said the two men had a relationship.

“If he was dating someone,” Shan commented, “it was just because he wanted to find someone with something in common.​

I knew it! He made a **** ton of money off that. Knew it. That is why he edited out the kill shot, his buyer wanted that all to him or herself.

respectfully, the article linked is an opinion piece, not IMO an MSM source

Per the conversation about Luka's finances, I find it highly irrelevant to his whereabouts. He had an opportunity to sell many of his belongings. Perhaps he even sold a car. He murdered a foreign exchange student whose family may have given him access to a large bank balance. He had been planning this for months and might have stashed away some money. He has a history of fraud and might have used that to acquire funds. He also may have killed another person and could have taken that person's bank funds. More importantly, his motive is notoriety. He wants to be remembered as the world's most diabolical, most demented psycho. He didn't make the film to get rich. So why would he bother to make money from it? I don't see it as likely. But I could be wrong. Hopefully, they'll snag his little *advertiser censored*, and we'll find out.

Feedback Requested

As this thread seems to be moving at the speed of light and we all probably feel like jugglers with lots of different objects in the air and are all attempting to successfully juggle; I'd ask everyone these questions (and then highlight the results to the moderators):

A. Is one thread enough?
B. If not, would you like to see threads focused on the following topics:
1) THE ACTIVE SEARCH FOR Luka Rocco Magnotta: Specifically focused on the search and sightings (both real world and online)
2) INSIDE THE MIND OF LUKA MAGNOTTA: Specifically focused on Luka's past actions/crimes, writings, videos and discussion/building of a psychological profile of LRM.
3) THE MURDER OF JUN LIN: Discussion of evidence, details of the crime and the video
4) REMEMBERING JUN LIN: A place to "light a candle" for Jun Lin.

I just wanted to suggest ways we might make our efforts more manageable.
Thoughts?

There should be a Media Articles only folder.

I would suggest an additional subfolder for his usernames and associated websites. That type of information seems to be updated by the hour.

Given the fact that he loves to drop clues - a central listing/folder of his favorite serial killers, characters, songs, movies might prove useful. Another thought I had related to his obsession with serial killers - wonder if he might travel to their crime scenes or cities?

Alright, plenty of these posts are going off the rails and there will be consequences for that.

But if I see ONE more post where a WS member accuses another WS member of being, or being associated with, Eric Newman a.k.a. "LM," this thread WILL CLOSE.

Review the Rules, and post responsibly.

There exists a seedy underbelly in this world we live in where things like child sex trafficking and snuff films are a reaity unfortunately and it is frequented by some of the most wealthy and powerful people in the world, in my opinion and according to my research. But hey, maybe that is all a myth and the stuff of conspiracy theory.

Evil things do exist, and evil people do evil things. But there are also myths and conspiracy theories in existence. And its my humble opinion that connecting this low level sociopath to "some of the most wealthy and powerful people in the world" is a conspiracy theory.

Any wealthy and powerful person who was sick enough to want a snuff movie wouldn't risk their skin with this low flying big mouth who posts his killings on You Tube, and advertises himself all over the net. They would have access to far more discreet and professional resources. Common sense tells me that.

I definitely appreciate your well thought out response and insights; thank you Paximus!

I guess it is easier for me to believe a sick and twisted fella would anonymously pay for the vile drivel that Luka filmed from afar than it is for me to believe that the same sick and twisted fella would both pay for the video AND put out ye olde Welcome Mat and open his/her home to the thing who committed homicide on film.

sadly, these people have an affinity for each other, a strange internal radar that seems to help them find each other:moo:

the state of mental health access in Canada is terrible. These people have to be identified early in their disease and treated but those services are few and far between with little to no follow up. They need to be monitored regularly and given their meds by injection to ensure they are taking them. Instead, these individuals are likely identified by their families but can not force them into help. This needs to change and these meds should be covered free by the provinces and follow up mandatory to PREVENT these horrendous results. We as a society seem willing to put up with the rareness of these incidents and the aftermath instead of addressing and putting some money into preventing in a real way these incidents. Society seems to prefer to deal with them after the crime through the penal system; long after the barn has been opened.:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth