Lyle's Find A Grave

Roselvr

Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I got an email from Find A Grave saying a duplicate memorial was merged into my "unknown unknown" Lyle Stevik memorial.

A few years ago, Find A Grave removed all of the Doe names from the Doe memorials that I run, with it now saying Unknown Unknown as their name. I don't think it was done to other Does that I didn't run. Personally, I think someone was ticked about the Doe memorials I run.

I clicked on the email, am shocked to see that someone apparently made a memorial with his real name which got merged with mine.

I was able to add Lyle Stevik in the nick name field.

Unfortunately I'm not able to edit the "biography" section to make it known that I'm not the one who went against his family's wishes and released his name because I'm sure I'll be getting some nasty comments in the flowers section.

I just wanted to let everyone know that it was not me and if you speak to anyone about it, please pass on that it was not me.

I knew his name would eventually get out. It really sucks that I can't edit the bio section to let everyone know it was not me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210630-024352_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210630-024352_Gmail.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20210630-024410_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210630-024410_Gmail.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 142
I got an email from Find A Grave saying a duplicate memorial was merged into my "unknown unknown" Lyle Stevik memorial.

A few years ago, Find A Grave removed all of the Doe names from the Doe memorials that I run, with it now saying Unknown Unknown as their name. I don't think it was done to other Does that I didn't run. Personally, I think someone was ticked about the Doe memorials I run.

I clicked on the email, am shocked to see that someone apparently made a memorial with his real name which got merged with mine.

I was able to add Lyle Stevik in the nick name field.

Unfortunately I'm not able to edit the "biography" section to make it known that I'm not the one who went against his family's wishes and released his name because I'm sure I'll be getting some nasty comments in the flowers section.

I just wanted to let everyone know that it was not me and if you speak to anyone about it, please pass on that it was not me.

I knew his name would eventually get out. It really sucks that I can't edit the bio section to let everyone know it was not me.

Thank you Roselvr for all that you do.

I hope, perhaps, that the change was made by family and that he is truly at peace now.

I thought his family had moved him?

If they did and since there is no official obituary for him (I think), maybe you can ask to have his identifying information removed until they can be verified.

I mean it should be removed anyway, it literally says right there on his page:

As a matter of practice, the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office does not provide the names of individuals who have committed suicide. And the family of "Lyle" has also requested that his name not be released.

I'd go with my first suggestion though, I doubt the people at findagrave have any morals. jmo

BTW, there are other "Unknown Unknown"'s there not managed by you, I noticed this a few years back. I think they are changing them as some people are actually called Jane and John Doe.

I wonder how someone was able to get ahold of his real name. If CL is in fact Lyle’s real name I think it should still be removed. I thought Lyle’s name was withheld as per his family’s wishes. He should be able to rest in peace.

I wonder how someone was able to get ahold of his real name.
IIRC his name was leaked shortly after his official identification. His real name was all over the internet - Facebook, Youtube, various forums, you name it. I'm pretty sure many of us knew it too, but nobody on Websleuths uses his birth name out of respect.

I was in a private subreddit for Lyle where members later moved on to Discord, and some people I think must have spent 24/7 going through yearbooks from the area it was said he was from.
If I remember right it was someone who went to school with him who eventually posted his yearbook photo with his name.
It was kind of unpleasant seeing people being so obsessed with finding out his name, and then when they did started digging into his family members and making family trees and stuff.
Different today when so many UIDs are being identified on almost a weekly basis.
imo.

I was in a private subreddit for Lyle where members later moved on to Discord, and some people I think must have spent 24/7 going through yearbooks from the area it was said he was from.
If I remember right it was someone who went to school with him who eventually posted his yearbook photo with his name.
It was kind of unpleasant seeing people being so obsessed with finding out his name, and then when they did started digging into his family members and making family trees and stuff.
Different today when so many UIDs are being identified on almost a weekly basis.
imo.
Some stuff was leaked to 4chan as well. Based on what I could gather, someone who was a classmate of his shared color yearbook photos that were not available on the Internet. Other people mentioned finding his name on some academic projects.

I'll admit that when I saw the name, I searched it. He seemed like a very intelligent man. That said, I can't wrap my head around the whole "looking for his family" thing. From where I'm standing, he wanted to be known to the world as Lyle, and so that's what I'll call him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back