LYONS AUDIO TAPES and BS VIDEO GONE? Discussion with R HORNSBY here

Status
Not open for further replies.
While reading an online copy of an article from Chicago Daily Law Bulletin from Friday, August 19, 2005..... discussing AL directing the Clarence Darrow Death Penalty Defense College...

Here...http://www.law.depaul.edu/centers_institutes/cjcc/pdf/lyon_article.pdf

I noted a few quotes of interest....please read at link as I don't want to violate any copyright issues.

"No prosecutors are allowed and no judges are allowed. Everyone has to promise me they aren't one."
and

".....and the reason I talk to snotty prosecutors."

"We are not focusing on guilt or innocence issues."

Take a look at the article before that goes poof too. Interesting reading.

While reading an online copy of an article from Chicago Daily Law Bulletin from Friday, August 19, 2005.....

Here...http://www.law.depaul.edu/centers_institutes/cjcc/pdf/lyon_article.pdf

I noted a few quotes of interest....please read at link as I don't want to violate any copyright issues.

"No prosecutors are allowed and no judges are allowed. Everyone has to promise me they aren't one."
and

".....and the reason I talk to snotty prosecutors."

Take a look at the article before that goes poof too. Interesting reading.

Here's what I want to know: Are these seminars paid for somewhat by the State? Are they using Public Money? If so, how do they have the right to be prejudice & keep opponents out? I mean, even West Point allows girls now...but we all know it used to be an all male academy...until the US deemed that philosophy discriminatory.

Richard Hornsby is a bad boy according to the Orange Co Clerk.
Driving with open containers, reckless driving, speeding.
http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx
click on "Criminal and Traffic Case Records".
Search Richard E Hornsby

LOL - Really, if you want to know anything about me, just send me an email. I am your average joe, just with a law degree.

But you should know, everything on the Clerk's computer is nothing more than civil infractions. I would point out that my driver license says I am a safe driver though!!!

Now for the juicy stuff - I was arrested when I was 18, plead no contest, and completed 1 month of probation. Case was expunged. Shhhh.

Also, in Alachua County (while in law school no less) I was arrested for Open Container and Disorderly Conduct after the Florida Gators beat up on the Tennessee Volunteers. Charges were dismissed.

Since then I have had a few run-ins, but never arrested again.

Cheers!

p.s. You should look Roy M. Kronk on Monroe County, Florida Clerk of the Court website. Looks like he was writing bad checks about the same time his ex-wife was... Go figure.

From Twitter - Tweeted by Hornsby
Bill Sheaffer is given option of resigning from the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers or being expelled. http://bit.ly/4zx3FN
I just went to the site and read that..also left a comment for Hornsby.

I am disgusted. Mr. Sheaffer wrote in a blog concerning his opinions on the case, Mr. Hornsby took it to another level by calling the FACDL and tattling on Scheaffer. The following was from Hornsby's site...

Richard Hornsby wrote:
@Question
"Only one problem with that theory – CBS is the one news station I have NEVER given provided commentary for."

"Now as a sidenote, I have given commentary for WFTV-ABC; but interestingly, once they put Mr. Sheaffer on their payroll, they never called me again"

I can see why they never called you back, well guess what, your future calls for commentary may be non existant. You have dealt a low blow to one of Orlando's most respected attorneys and whatever repercussions you receive, will be well deserved.

Oh, I would love to be in there now, wonder what is more important to Bill - the story or his reputation with other criminal defense lawyers who he threw under the bus for Kathi.

Don't forget, at the end of the day. Bill still has to stand in line right next to every other criminal defense attorney to speak to a judge.
I guess just as much as the next attorney who pimps himself out to the highest bidder.

Here's what I want to know: ... Are they using Public Money?

Not one penny of public money is used. But think about it, defense lawyers are prohibited from attending seminars put on by the Florida Prosecutors Association.

Plus, the last time I check, a prosecutor was not a protected class (i.e. gender, race, or age group). So those laws would not apply - even if public money was used.

I just went to the site and read that..also left a comment for Hornsby.

I am disgusted. Mr. Sheaffer wrote in a blog concerning his opinions on the case, Mr. Hornsby took it to another level by calling the FACDL and tattling on Scheaffer. The following was from Hornsby's site...

Richard Hornsby wrote:
@Question
"Only one problem with that theory – CBS is the one news station I have NEVER given provided commentary for."

"Now as a sidenote, I have given commentary for WFTV-ABC; but interestingly, once they put Mr. Sheaffer on their payroll, they never called me again"

I can see why they never called you back, well guess what, your future calls for commentary may be non existant. You have dealt a low blow to one of Orlando's most respected attorneys and whatever repercussions you receive, will be well deserved.
Sounds as if he's whining. Why would they need to look for another attorney if they had their own legal analyst on staff?

I guess just as much as the next attorney who pimps himself out to the highest bidder.
Interesting you make that point. Mr. Sheaffer specifically advertised in the Orlando Magazine (if I remember the magazine correctly) that he only takes on something like 10 cases a year.

So how much do you think he charges charges those 10 clients.... Must be a pretty penny, that is for sure.

Sounds as if he's whining. Why would they need to look for another attorney if they had their own legal analyst on staff?
Exactly, why look for an attorney who will misstate the law, when you can just pay one to.

Not a bad gig - if you are willing to sell out. Sorry, but my reputation among my colleagues is not for sale.

Not one penny of public money is used. But think about it, defense lawyers are prohibited from attending seminars put on by the Florida Prosecutors Association.

Plus, the last time I check, a prosecutor was not a protected class (i.e. gender, race, or age group). So those laws would not apply - even if public money was used.

Thank you Mr. Hornsby. The reason I was asking is b/c I saw this cache: http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache...+attorney+can+attend&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
This was in Texas, I believe, but didn't know if it was the same kind of scenario. While I believe everyone is entitled to a fair & just trial, I think it's despicable to throw an innocent person under the bus for the sake of saving somebody's life that is suspected of bringing harm to her child. I do think Defense Attorneys should fight for their client, no doubt, but to take it to this extreme is deplorable. Now, would you have done the same thing if you were them? Would you have done the same thing to Roy Kronk? If so, why? If not, why wouldn't you?

I believe that prosecutors AND defense attorneys alike are entitled to hold seminars for the purpose of "training, skill development, and brainstorming". Given that each side is entitled to their own process and practice....why the rushed "take down" of seminar videos that were published on YouTube for everyone to see? In fact...a better question would be......if this was so secret to begin with.....why publish on a public forum at all?

LOL - Really, if you want to know anything about me, just send me an email. I am your average joe, just with a law degree.

But you should know, everything on the Clerk's computer is nothing more than civil infractions. I would point out that my driver license says I am a safe driver though!!!

Now for the juicy stuff - I was arrested when I was 18, plead no contest, and completed 1 month of probation. Case was expunged. Shhhh.

Also, in Alachua County (while in law school no less) I was arrested for Open Container and Disorderly Conduct after the Florida Gators beat up on the Tennessee Volunteers. Charges were dismissed.

Since then I have had a few run-ins, but never arrested again.

Cheers!

p.s. You should look Roy M. Kronk on Monroe County, Florida Clerk of the Court website. Looks like he was writing bad checks about the same time his ex-wife was... Go figure.
So are you saying that it was RK who taught Casey how to write fraudulent checks?

I don't know either Mr. Sheaffer or Mr. Hornsby personally, but I do have an opinion about this recent blog war.

As a retired educator with many years of working with many other professionals, one thing I have always done is speak in a respectful manner of my colleagues, regardless of my personal opinion. All of my colleagues share my level of education and deserve my respect due to a sense of professionalism.

What bothers me most is that Mr. Hornsby went after Mr. Sheaffer like a pit-bull. Mr. Sheaffer had his opinions and I would expect a lawyerly disagreement from Hornsby. In his first diatribe against Sheaffer, Hornsby lowered himself to the level of a name-calling bully.

Tattling is another example of immature behavior and Hornsby went as far as to toot his own Twitter-horn.

Kudos to Mr. Sheaffer for maintaining his professional attitude, even when voicing his own opinion in rather strong language.

Exactly, why look for an attorney who will misstate the law, when you can just pay one to.

Not a bad gig - if you are willing to sell out. Sorry, but my reputation among my colleagues is not for sale.
Tattling and "one upmanship" doesn't become anyone.

I don't know either Mr. Sheaffer or Mr. Hornsby personally, but I do have an opinion about this recent blog war.

As a retired educator with many years of working with many other professionals, one thing I have always done is speak in a respectful manner of my colleagues, regardless of my personal opinion. All of my colleagues share my level of education and deserve my respect due to a sense of professionalism.

What bothers me most is that Mr. Hornsby went after Mr. Sheaffer like a pit-bull. Mr. Sheaffer had his opinions and I would expect a lawyerly disagreement from Hornsby. In his first diatribe against Sheaffer, Hornsby lowered himself to the level of a name-calling bully.

Tattling is another example of immature behavior and Hornsby went as far as to toot his own Twitter-horn.

Kudos to Mr. Sheaffer for maintaining his professional attitude, even when voicing his own opinion in rather strong language.
CM-like minds and all that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member