GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, N E Patriots player, charged with homicides, commits suicide #8

I was just coming here to post this.

So what does this actually mean? That the DA does not want AH to rest in peace as a FREE man FREE of all criminal activity?

TIA!

I sure hope that's what the end result is!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Google Alert - sharing

Prosecutors ask to reinstate Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction
[video=cnn;us/2017/05/09/aaron-hernandez-conviction-vacated-odin-lloyd-mom-reax-sot-michaela.hln]http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/23/us/aaron-hernandez-appeal-conviction/index.html[/video]

(CNN) — Bristol County prosecutors officially asked to reinstate Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction on Friday, arguing in court documents that the former NFL player's suicide should not lead to dismissal of the guilty verdict.
[.....]
"This is an archaic rule not based on the Constitution, and it should be changed. A defendant who commits suicide should not be able to manipulate the outcome of his post-conviction proceedings to achieve in death what he would not be able to achieve in life," District Attorney Thomas Quinn said in a statement.

THANKS, Niner! I found this!

http://nep.247sports.com/Bolt/Prose...ation-of-Aaron-Hernandezs-conviction-53333141

Prosecutors appeal nullification of Aaron Hernandez's conviction

Prosecutors are appealing the court ruling to vacate former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction in the wake of his suicide.

Aaron Hernandez died an innocent man once the former New England Patriots tight end elected to take his own life inside his prison cell in mid-April.

Thanks to an old Massachusetts legal principle called abatement ab initio Hernandez's conviction in the murder of Odin Lloyd -- in which he was serving a life sentence for --

was vacated due to the fact that the former tight end did not exhaust all of his appeal process before his death.

Under the principle -- that was later upheld in court following his death -- the conviction reverts back to what it was at the start of the court proceedings and technically makes him innocent of the crime.

Now, prosecutors are arguing that vacating his conviction would reward Hernandez for killing himself and are appealing the judge's decision to throw it out.

Bristol District Attorney Thomas Quinn III filed the appeal last Friday calling the principle "archaic" and saying it "does not serve the public interest."

"A defendant who commits suicide should not be able to manipulate the outcome of his post-conviction proceedings to achieve in death what he would not be able to achieve in life," Quinn said, via The Associated Press.

Since Hernandez's murder conviction had been thrown out, a bill had been filed at the request of Odin Lloyd's mother to avoid nullified convictions like in this case with her son and the former NFL star.

Hernandez was found hanging in his single cell room in the early morning hours of April 19 just days after being acquitted by a jury of a double-murder charge which took place in Boston's South End in 2012.

THANKS, Niner! I found this!

http://nep.247sports.com/Bolt/Prose...ation-of-Aaron-Hernandezs-conviction-53333141

Prosecutors appeal nullification of Aaron Hernandez's conviction

Prosecutors are appealing the court ruling to vacate former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction in the wake of his suicide.

Aaron Hernandez died an innocent man once the former New England Patriots tight end elected to take his own life inside his prison cell in mid-April.

Thanks to an old Massachusetts legal principle called abatement ab initio Hernandez's conviction in the murder of Odin Lloyd -- in which he was serving a life sentence for --

was vacated due to the fact that the former tight end did not exhaust all of his appeal process before his death.

Under the principle -- that was later upheld in court following his death -- the conviction reverts back to what it was at the start of the court proceedings and technically makes him innocent of the crime.

Now, prosecutors are arguing that vacating his conviction would reward Hernandez for killing himself and are appealing the judge's decision to throw it out.

Bristol District Attorney Thomas Quinn III filed the appeal last Friday calling the principle "archaic" and saying it "does not serve the public interest."

"A defendant who commits suicide should not be able to manipulate the outcome of his post-conviction proceedings to achieve in death what he would not be able to achieve in life," Quinn said, via The Associated Press.

Since Hernandez's murder conviction had been thrown out, a bill had been filed at the request of Odin Lloyd's mother to avoid nullified convictions like in this case with her son and the former NFL star.

Hernandez was found hanging in his single cell room in the early morning hours of April 19 just days after being acquitted by a jury of a double-murder charge which took place in Boston's South End in 2012.

Ugh. "Innocent man" my azz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a Google Alert - sharing

Aaron Hernandez cases head back to court
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2017/07/aaron_hernandez_cases_head_back_to_court

Hearing to be held on wrongful-death lawsuit by families
A hearing to discuss the status of the civil actions filed on behalf of Daniel de Abreau and Safiro Furtado is scheduled for 2p.m. before Suffolk Superior Court Judge Douglas H. Wilkins.
[.....]
Attorney George J. Leontire, a member of Hernandez's defense team notified the court June 30 he will be counsel for the late tight end's fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins Hernandez.
[.....]
As of yesterday, however, the 15-room house in Westwood Estates remained for sale with Aaron Hernandez still isted as its owner of record.

Google Alert - sharing

Families in Aaron Hernandez case seek compensation from Patriots
http://nypost.com/2017/07/12/families-in-aaron-hernandez-case-seek-compensation-from-patriots/

BOSTON — Two families that filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the estate of former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez have asked the team to compensate them for the loss of their loved ones.
[.....]
Following a status hearing in Suffolk Superior Court on Tuesday lawyers for the families said they would “welcome” the Patriots compensating the families.
[.....]
An attorney for Lloyd’s mother previously called on the team to be “champions of justice” by paying $6 million to Lloyd’s estate.

Don't know if anyone is still interested in this.... had a Google Alert - sharing:

Judge: Lawsuits against Aaron Hernandez can be heard in Boston
https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...gainst-aaron-hernandez-can-be-heard-in-boston

BOSTON (AP) — A judge says two wrongful-death lawsuits pending against the estate of late NFL player late Aaron Hernandez will be heard in Boston, in Suffolk County.
An attorney for Hernandez’s estate asked that the lawsuits filed by the families of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado be heard in Bristol County, where the attorney’s office is and a third wrongful-death suit is being heard.
A judge in a decision released Wednesday said Boston is the proper venue because that’s where the families live and an impartial jury can be seated.

I am going to watch Will Smith movie-Concussion.

Aaron Hernandez 'family' are suing the NFL for brain damage caused while playing football, according to brain scan results. However, there are questions as to when did this brain injury actually start as Felon AH has been reported to have played football at the age of 12 and through high school plus. Here are some links to the info....there are many more links out there, just need to google them

IMO I would add, what fights was he in that could have also attributed to any brain injury....this is not an open and shut case....I see a family just wanting money and money and money

this link questions when felon AH so called brain injury started

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4908964/Did-Aaron-Hernandez-effects-CTE-NFL.html

these links are about family suing

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ily-sues-league-over-severe-cte-idUSKCN1BW2LN

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/21/sports/aaron-hernandez-cte-brain.html

Just looking at his wikipedia page about all his legal troubles and he had trouble with the law and behavior well before, involved in several violent acts and suspected in a few shootings even. I don't see how his family could go after the NFL or the Patriots for his behavior problems, even if they are linked to CTE.

Also, it just made me angry that the NFL welcomed him into the sport with such awful behavior problems in his background. What happened to code of conduct standards? SMH.

Aaron Hernandez's former mansion in North Attleborough, Massachusetts has been sold for $1 million to a real estate investor.

Arif Khan bought the home for about $300,000 lower than the asking price. The 5,647-square-foot residence includes 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a wet bar, a hot tub, a sauna, a finished basement, a theater room and an in-ground pool.

https://www.nbcboston.com/multimedi...be-Sold--for-1-Million-Dollars-425773664.html

If anyone is interested there will be a 2 night special on AH.

Saturday and Sunday on OXYGEN.

http://www.oxygen.com/aaron-hernandez-uncovered

http://www.oxygen.com/aaron-hernand...ies-aaron-hernandez-uncovered-premieres-march

“Aaron Hernandez Uncovered” Part I: Saturday, March 17 at 7PM ET/PT

A detailed look into the world of Aaron Hernandez, a multi-million dollar football player with a beautiful wife and new baby…and a murder conviction. Why would he risk it all? The Massachusetts State Police paint a very dark image of Aaron Hernandez through definitive interviews detailing their strong murder case against him for the murder of Odin Lloyd, as well as damning surveillance footage from Aaron’s home that sealed his fate. New information and never-before-seen interviews uncover the duality of Aaron’s life, including a secret he held onto until death, and a murky background that led to a life of crime.

“Aaron Hernandez Uncovered” Part II: Sunday, March 18 at 7PM ET/PT

Aaron's fiancée and friends discuss their struggles with accepting Aaron's new reality in prison. We then follow Aaron Hernandez’s second murder trial, this time for a double homicide. Through courtroom footage and interviews with journalists who covered the trial extensively, we watch as one of the country's best defense lawyers, Jose Baez, successfully gets Aaron acquitted of all charges. Just when things are looking hopeful for Aaron, his darkest secret is revealed and his shocking suicide leaves us to wonder why.

Watching this on Oxygen now. Just wondering when he took his life did he leave a suicide note? If so what was its contents?

If anyone is interested there will be a 2 night special on AH.

Saturday and Sunday on OXYGEN.

http://www.oxygen.com/aaron-hernandez-uncovered

http://www.oxygen.com/aaron-hernand...ies-aaron-hernandez-uncovered-premieres-march

“Aaron Hernandez Uncovered” Part I: Saturday, March 17 at 7PM ET/PT

A detailed look into the world of Aaron Hernandez, a multi-million dollar football player with a beautiful wife and new baby…and a murder conviction. Why would he risk it all? The Massachusetts State Police paint a very dark image of Aaron Hernandez through definitive interviews detailing their strong murder case against him for the murder of Odin Lloyd, as well as damning surveillance footage from Aaron’s home that sealed his fate. New information and never-before-seen interviews uncover the duality of Aaron’s life, including a secret he held onto until death, and a murky background that led to a life of crime.

“Aaron Hernandez Uncovered” Part II: Sunday, March 18 at 7PM ET/PT

Aaron's fiancée and friends discuss their struggles with accepting Aaron's new reality in prison. We then follow Aaron Hernandez’s second murder trial, this time for a double homicide. Through courtroom footage and interviews with journalists who covered the trial extensively, we watch as one of the country's best defense lawyers, Jose Baez, successfully gets Aaron acquitted of all charges. Just when things are looking hopeful for Aaron, his darkest secret is revealed and his shocking suicide leaves us to wonder why.

I wasn’t able to watch but I hope I can find on YouTube or something. I’m not necessarily buying everything they have stated or portrayed though

I saw the 2 parter Oxygen show and thought it was very well done. Much better than James Patterson’s book, which really only skimmed the surface. I feel bad for the families that didn’t get justice as he skated out of trouble again, albeit by suicide and a weird law.
It pains me to agree w/Baez about the woman reporter and talk show guys. It is never cool to out someone; that is for them to do when/if they’re ready.
I still don’t like Shayanna. I’m not sure why it is but I feel no sympathy for her. I hope she is a good mother as I do feel for Avielle.
I was kind of surprised that they just put the gay thing out there. His 1 lawyer said it out right—he told me he was gay. I will always wonder if that was the motive of Odin’s murder.
I also really liked the college girlfriend. She flat out told him that she wasn’t going to be a NFL wife. I guess like Shay was—willing to look the other way no matter what he was up to as long as she was maintained.

I just can’t take anything Baez says as gospel. Seen too much of what some n he’s capable of. That being said it was interesting to watch, but some things I take with a grain of salt

I saw the 2 parter Oxygen show and thought it was very well done. Much better than James Patterson’s book, which really only skimmed the surface. I feel bad for the families that didn’t get justice as he skated out of trouble again, albeit by suicide and a weird law.
It pains me to agree w/Baez about the woman reporter and talk show guys. It is never cool to out someone; that is for them to do when/if they’re ready.
I still don’t like Shayanna. I’m not sure why it is but I feel no sympathy for her. I hope she is a good mother as I do feel for Avielle.
I was kind of surprised that they just put the gay thing out there. His 1 lawyer said it out right—he told me he was gay. I will always wonder if that was the motive of Odin’s murder.
I also really liked the college girlfriend. She flat out told him that she wasn’t going to be a NFL wife. I guess like Shay was—willing to look the other way no matter what he was up to as long as she was maintained.

I agree with what you say about Shay.....imo she knows way more than she’s telling and I’m not buying what she tried to sell in the episodes. The whole thing tried to be sympathetic towards him but there is so much that ties him to what he was accused of, even if it wasn’t enough to get him convicted in a few cases. Baez just makes me sick no matter what he tries to spin....I’m not totally convinced of secret sexuality on Hernandez’s part but it’s not a vital part of the case IMO either way. The CTE I suspect played a huge part, the death of his father didn’t help a mind that was already getting damaged by football (at this time few thought that football could do the damage we have since learned about). He still knew right from wrong and made his own choices though...he literally could have had it all and chose other things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back