GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, N E Patriots player, charged with homicides, commits suicide #8

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by liltexans, May 19, 2017.

1. carnival

carnival Former Member

The Globe series is well-reported and telling. Avoid the Daily Mail account.

Seattle1, Zella and Trinitee like this.
  2. Only4Justice

Only4Justice Well-Known Member

I am seeing way tooooo many articles lately about Aaron Hernandez.

It is my belief we should leave him be - he is gone and not here to refute anything. Not to mention he is a convicted killer.

IMO.

Gardenista likes this.
  3. Zella

Zella Well-Known Member

Yes, it was good! I temporarily purchased a Boston Globe subscription to finish out the series and found it well worth reading. I'd like to listen to the podcast when I get a chance.

Gardenista likes this.
  4. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

Report: Aaron Hernandez was using dangerous drug prior to suicide

Oct 30, 2018

"Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots tight end who committed suicide in prison after being found guilty of first-degree murder, used dangerous prison drugs in the days prior to his suicide. That information was concealed from the public as well as Hernandez’s family and investigators, according to a new report by the Boston Globe.

‘He wasn’t in the right frame of mind’

The Globe series, crafted by the paper’s “Spotlight” team, uncovered redacted information in a 132-page report on Hernandez’s death. An inmate interviewed in the days after Hernandez’s suicide said, “He’s spent the last two days smoking K2 (a prison drug) in his cell and he wasn’t in the right frame of mind.” As the Globe notes, it’s a significant statement because it could bring a new focus to Hernandez’s state of mind as well as the overall state of the prison...."

Report: Aaron Hernandez was using dangerous drug prior to suicide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Seattle1

Seattle1 Well-Known Member

Just finished reading Jonathan Hernandez (brother) new book with several accounts of AH's fast progressing mental demise. Here was an athletically gifted man with fame, fortune, and resources to get himself help, yet doing so would have ended all of that. No better reminder that NFL is a billion dollar business. Innocent lives violently taken, and anther child left without a father. Not a winning team.....

Trinitee, Charlot123 and Zella like this.
  6. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Interestingly, somewhere on genetic forum, it was mentioned that Hernandez had ApoE4/ApoE4, the markers for Alzheimer's.
    It was not discussed as the official diagnosis is CTE, but even in this article stating that he had CTE and not Alzheimer's, the marker has been mentioned.
    I wonder if Hernandez had combination of both conditions, or rather, that his traumas initiated the dementia to which he was prone anyhow due to APOE4.
    Aaron Hernandez’s CTE Worst Seen in a Young Person
    "She also said that while Hernandez had a genetic marker that makes people vulnerable to brain disease, it wasn’t certain that it contributed to his condition."

Trinitee likes this.
  7. tezi

tezi Member of Websleuths since 2000.

I guess I have been under a rock, I missed most of this. I knew about the CTE, but not the other stuff. Just wow!

Seattle1 and oceanblueeyes like this.
  8. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

9. TDoc72

TDoc72 Well-Known Member

kimpage, weepingangel and Gardenista like this.
  10. Seattle1

Aaron Hernandez's attorneys say the court was wrong to restore his murder conviction | Daily Mail Online

The state's highest court in 2016 refused to change the legal rule in connection with another case, but the Hernandez prosecutors took up the cause.

The court said convictions in such cases will now stand. It applied the new rule to Hernandez's case, but no other prior cases.

Hernandez's lawyers say the new rule should impact only future cases, not Hernandez's.

However, the court has applied the new rule only to Hernandez's case, and not to other prior cases.

Hernandez's lawyer says the new rule should impact only future cases and not be applied retroactively.

MassGuy, Only4Justice and Trinitee like this.
  11. Trinitee

Trinitee aka "BullyBuster"

I tend to agree with his lawyer.

Seattle1 likes this.
  12. jkly

jkly Well-Known Member

I tend to disagree with his lawyer.

13. Seattle1

14. Seattle1

Aaron Hernandez Attorney Demands Full Court Fix Decision to Reinstate Murder Conviction

An attorney for late New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez filed with the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and demanded that the full court consider his motion. He argued that they should either withdraw a ruling to reinstate the defendant’s murder conviction in the death of Odin Lloyd and reschedule an oral argument, or revise the judgement so that it only affects case from here on out, not retroactively.

Trinitee and MassGuy like this.