GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #3

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Harmony 2, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Crown Winner by Default ~ Don't Judge :D

another thing i disliked was her telling them it wasn't a good idea to take a straw vote...

how dare she interfere with what goes on behind those doors! :cursing:

good lord she has butted in continuously.......i wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't drag up a chair in that jury room and tell them how to do things.......:mad:

2. SStarr33

SStarr33 Inactive

I'm wondering if Sultan putting in that AH was at the scene was a decision made while he was giving his closing? Maybe he wasn't getting a warm and fuzzy feeling from the jury?

3. Chelly

Chelly Well-Known Member

Agree with all your points, my friend. AH is a worthless **** and deserves to go down. Too bad for his devoted baby-mama and his child. I suppose the estate will be liquidated for legal expenses and nothing will be left of it. Bottom line: the bad-boys are fun and exciting but...one way or another... will leave you in the end. Now, aren't I philosophical today...LOL

4. Chelly

Chelly Well-Known Member

Right, Sultan seemed to pull that one out of thin air. Leaves doubt with the jury, giving them opportunity to blame Ortiz or Wallace.

5. Chelly

Chelly Well-Known Member

double post....

6. pjmale

pjmale New Member

Brian Crandall @nbc10_brian
    ยท 2m 2 minutes ago
    Judge says she'll now bring in jurors to excuse them for the day. #AaronHernandez

7. Chelly

Chelly Well-Known Member

Re straw vote...I think that's another Massachusetts thing. When I served jury duty there, we were instructed not to take one too. It was weird cuz we all went back to the jury room and just sat there and looked at each other for awhile.

8. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

I thought that Sultan a.) defied the judge's statement indicating that no evidence which hasnt been discussed during the trial is permissable, and that b.) Sultan pretty effectively conceded major portions of the state's case.

He basically told the jury that the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that AH was present at the crime scene during the murder. So much for their contamination ramble yesterday. It isnt too big a leap for the jury to determine that since the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that AH was there, the rest of the case has a high likelihood of being true as well. I thought the prosecutor raised a very salient point when he asked the PCP expert whether or not you would turn your back on a violent person on PCP.

The thing is, Aaron wasnt scared when he came back into the house.

9. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

Awkward.

10. Queen Bee

oh i think it was a big no-no....just puts him a step closer to joint venture......now let's explain why he was so cozy with those wild crazy killers........big mistake sultan :no:

11. SStarr33

SStarr33 Inactive

Bob McGovern ‏@BobMcGovernJr 9m9 minutes ago

Judge Garsh is here. She is mulling one of the instructions she gave regarding unlawful possession of a firearm. #AaronHernandez

12. geevee

geevee Well-Known Stickie

BBM

Well, they never overturn a not guilty verdict so maybe that's been her goal. :facepalm:

I read the MassLive live blogs during trials where 3 men were accused of killing 3 other men (does the guy with horns implanted in his forehead ring a bell?), the judge selected the foreperson in those trials and they were also being tried under the joint venture law and all three were convicted, even though the last (horn man, Veiovis) had very little evidence against him and even those in the legal community who commented on the blog couldn't foresee a conviction, he still was. Wouldn't mind knowing AH was in prison with one or more of those guys.

13. Queen Bee

welcome back believe :seeya:

hope you saw my :tyou: earlier in the thread.........appreciated you posting tweets earlier........

i was gone first thing this morning........speaking of such......going to go look for croakerqueen's video of sultan........see you all in the morning :seeya:

14. SStarr33

SStarr33 Inactive

Does anyone know of a way to get notified of a verdict without staying attached to twitter?

15. Softail

Softail Active Member

Thanks for the updates everyone. :seeya: Gonna try to catch up. Mr. St had surgery today, so been pretty busy. I caught a few tidbits about the closings, and the judge.

If I don't catch up tonight, hopefully before the verdict.

Are we officially on verdict watch? :waitasec:

16. Queen Bee

hope all is well with the mister :seeya: give him our best :)

yes, we are on verdict watch........they were sent out at 3:04 today and dismissed around 4:25.........will deliberate tomorrow 9-4......(but they didn't have evidence sent back yet, so probably just settling in, etc. )

take care of the hubby and yourself too :seeya:

:getwell: (that's for hubby) :cupcake: (that's for you :D)

17. Queen Bee

18. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I am trying to understand why Sultan did that. I'm trying to imagine a scenario where AH was there at the killing and yet was NOT GUILTY of any involvement. The only way would be the 'wild PCP rogue Killer' scenario. But that obviously did not happen because we see the videos of them all returning home TOGETHER, friendly and in good spirits. AH hands Ortiz the baby and later they stand around and talk at the pool together. Buddy/Buddy like. And when they arrive home we see AH entering the home with the gun and with 'crazed killers' walking behind him. Would he do that if he was afraid of them?

Give me a scenario where the jury can say that AH was there during the murder, came right back home and hung out with these 2 killers, and AH was not involved.

AH is so arrogant and cocky it is almost shocking. He has no worries about being found Guilty, imo. I hope the jury is not enamored by his BS celebrity status.

19. aa9511

aa9511 New Member

Yes, there's almost no scenario that would work for AH, because of the videos. Maybe that's why defense took only 1 day. If there were no videos, AH would have made up all sorts of stuff for the jury. But he got cornered with those videos, thank God. Let's see what happens, though, we never know what the jury will give.

20. Softail

Softail Active Member

:tyou: :bow: I appreciate this! Hubby is doing great! I'm tired.... he set the alarm this morning for 2:00 AM! :eek: He had to be there by 6 but couldn't sleep and was anxious. So, I'm beat and not sure I'll catch up tonight! Thanks for the well wishes! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.