MA MA - Abbie Flynn, 60, went for walk before Super Bowl party, Gloucester, 2 Feb 2020

From post #20
It is not a particularly isolated area, homes are close enough, although it is isolated in that it’s on a point out into the Atlantic Ocean. It’s a very wealthy neighborhood with year-round locals knowing each other well, but many houses are seasonally vacant.

The terrain can be very rocky and dangerous in some places, and there is ocean on three sides plus a pond (which was mostly frozen when I was there a couple of weeks ago).

It wouldn’t be impossible for someone to fall off the rocks at Eastern Point or into the pond (Niles Pond) if they went out on the ice. There are also some other inhospitable, rocky areas. The roads in and out are narrow and one-way in some places.

I guess it might matter what kind of walker the missing person might have been. SB Sunday was a nice clear day and I wonder if she wanted to just stick to flat ground for a good ramble in advance of her party/get together with friends? Was she the kind of person to just walk or did she like to start and stop and poke around? We know she didn't take her phone or camera from what the Chief said, so it seems like she was walking and most likely not investigating or taking pictures? If the Niles Pond were frozen I wonder why she would have been there at all? The winter has been pretty mild and I'm not sure how stable shoreline ice might be but I don't know Niles Pond at all so that might be a question locals could answer.

The idea of being hit by a car or truck might be possible but I wonder how much traffic would be in that area off season? Again, locals might know. It was also SB Sunday and so even if there might have been weekend joy riders it seems like because of the game that people were off the roads and at home. I wondered though about off season crime in the area as along the shoreline area that could be an issue. Could she have been on her walk and seen something happening and got caught up that way? IDK.

MOO

NBC News Video. Didn't know that Abby was a registered nurse as well as an accomplished photographer.

Woman preparing to host Super Bowl party at Massachusetts home disappears after going out for a walk

Abbie’s brother Brian Flynn, who lives in Bermuda, told Dateline he was visiting his son in California on Super Bowl Sunday, when he got the call from Abbie’s husband, Rich, that she was missing.

“As soon as I got the call, my son drove me straight to the airport and I was at her house by 10 a.m. the next morning,” Brian said. “We’re all in shock. This is just heartbreaking for all of us.”

Brian and Abbie grew up in Gloucester, just two miles from where Abbie lives now. Abbie, a retired nurse, met her husband, Rich, at Boston Children’s Hospital, and together, they had three children. Rich is a radiologist in Houston, Texas, and he and Abbie go back and forth between their two homes. Brian added that Abbie’s husband, who was in Houston at the time, flew home to Gloucester immediately when he learned Abbie was missing.

“They have a wonderful life and are just really happy,” Brian said. “It doesn’t make sense that she would just walk away.”

Brian told Dateline that Abbie is an “incredibly dedicated mother” who spoke to her three adult children every day. Two of her children are away at college and one lives in New York, Brian added.

“She spoke to them that afternoon. The day she went missing,” Brian said. “She is the most caring and selfless mother, friend and sister. She’d do anything for any of us.”

Brian told Dateline Abbie has many close friends in both Gloucester and Houston, and that all of them have been coming together to find their friend.

Thank you for the link afitzy. This is a great article and Abbie seems like such a lovely woman. My heart goes out to her family. MOO

Some excerpts:

[...]

"The people of Gloucester and Abbie's neighbors on Eastern Point have thrown a blanket over us," Brian said. "That also includes Chief (Ed) Conley and Detective (Thomas) Quinn because the family believes that Gloucester has an extraordinary police department."

He said that the family is not going to speculate on what has happened.

[...]

"They are doing everything they could as if they were family members," Brian said, adding that he considers the city's Police Department his friends.

[...]

Abbie Flynn "is a very normal person," her brother said Friday.

Normal, as described by Brian and Leslie, encapsulates weaving baskets, knitting and dyeing wool, photographing wildlife, and cooking and baking.

[...]

The couple reflected on the variety of treats Abbie would create in the kitchen, listing homemade macaroons, croissants, bagels, and ice cream as just a few.

"She brought all of her friends together through her love of food and just really did it for her kids," Leslie said. "It was love being poured out of her through her food."

[...]

"We have been attached to Gloucester since 1963," Brian said. "We both passionately love Gloucester."

Brian remembers he and Abbie spending many days at the Eastern Point Yacht Club and Brace Cove.

"It is no accident that Abbie bought a house overlooking Brace Cove," he smiled.

[...]

I knew her many years ago and, unless she has changed (which from everything I've read she has not), she is still a lovely person. When I knew her she got great pleasure out of cooking, being outdoors and enjoying time with friends- and she got huge pleasure out of cooking and sharing incredible meals. Quiet and kind until you got her going, when I knew her she had a wonderful laugh and sense of humor, was dedicated to her nursing career and wanted a good husband, children and adored her dog. From what I've seen she got the life she wanted and deserved and I can't see her walking away from it, either by suicide or running. She had a very nice and engaging personality - I just have this crazy feeling that someone known to her took advantage of that.

Last edited:
Yes, but the Chief in the podcast was quite clear I thought that LE was looking at every possible angle. At the time of the podcast, they had already done a good bit of searching and I think the Chief might have been surprised to have not turned up any clues. I do think its strange that LE seemed to be holding back info on the house and so perhaps she had home security or other clues there that might lead LE in a different direction. But, I was impressed with the Chief as he seemed IMO more open minded to alternative theories than many in LE that I've heard speak publicly about in a case.
MOO
Yes, IMO, the Chief was earnest in his update.
Let’s not forget that there is so much more going on behind the scenes that LE can’t share.
And it’s what’s missing that makes some of us a bit unnerved; especially those who live in the area.
I check a few times a day for more information on the search and keep hoping there will be a break in the case and that this sweet lady is found.

Here are a few more things to think about. They're not in any particular order. I'm sorry for the length, but maybe they will lead someone else to think of other possibilities.

I hope LE spoke with the full-time residents at the Eastern Point Retreat House (a private Jesuit retreat), and had a look inside and out, and all around the grounds. It is a big place on 30 acres, and the terrain around it is very rocky in some places, and there are dense woodsy areas on one side. I don't believe a retreat was taking place on 2/2/20, but there may have been people making food deliveries, or doing renovations, etc., who might have seen Abbie walking on a road, path, or on the rocky shore. I would want a list of anyone who was there for any reason on that day. Maybe someone made a delivery, happened to pass her on one of the roads, doesn't know a woman is missing from the area, and is now out of town or out of state. I would also want to check in and around all the occupied and unoccupied homes on Eastern Point. Search garages, out buildings, covered pools, under porches, etc.

Eastern Point is a very private area, and very safe. To get to Eastern Point there is only one way in. The main road in and out is Eastern Point Boulevard. In order to get to St. Louis Avenue, where Abbie lives, you have to enter Eastern Point via Eastern Point Boulevard and take a left onto Bemo Avenue which turns into St. Louis Avenue. St. Louis Avenue is one way, and it exits onto Farrington Avenue. It would be the only other way to exit (not enter) Eastern Point other than Eastern Point Boulevard. I think the Bemo Ave. to St. Louis Ave. road wouldn't be one most people would take unless you lived on one of those roads, or you were visiting someone who lives there, or knew that you could get back onto Farrington from St. Louis Ave., or were lost. Everyone takes Eastern Point Boulevard in and out. Many of the inner roads are narrow and go through woodsy and low growth areas. Some, that you think are roads, are actually roads into driveways. Some are marked dead ends, some are not, and some are one way. The fastest speed limit on any of the roads is probably 20 mph or less. (For a better map than Google Earth or Google Maps, I like the Shark Tracker app. It has an excellent map). There are also very few places for people to park on Eastern Point. There is a small parking lot across from the Beauport Museum. The museum is closed during the winter months. There is a small area to park by Eastern Point Light and the Breakwater. There is no public parking at Brace Cove Beach or around Niles Pond. Niles Pond is fresh water, and is said to have a maximum depth of 7 feet, but I don't think anyone actually knows. It's classified as a lake although it's called a pond. It's shallow enough to support dense growth over the entire surface. Around the time Abbie went missing it had a thin layer of mushy ice and some spots of open water. People skate on it if it is really frozen. There is a causeway (narrow strip of land) between Niles Pond and Brace Cove where you can walk. Brace Cove is mostly a small beach. It is filled with boulders that are just covered at high tide. It has a depth of 2-15 feet. Just outside the entrance to the cove, surrounded by roughly 35 feet of water, is a big boulder that rises up 18 feet. All along the south side there are big rocks and boulders just where Nile Pond begins. On the Bemo Ledge side of the cove the boulders are impressive at low tide.

I don't find it particularly strange that Abbie left her cell phone in the house, or that the house was unlocked (if that is confirmed). It is a very safe neighborhood, neighbors know one another, and her house is on a one way road which is somewhat secluded with very little traffic. The homes are within sight of one another. She was only going for a quick walk in an area that was totally familiar to her. She wasn't planning to be gone too long. Maybe she just wanted to get a little fresh air after cooking for her guests and before their arrival. A short walk in a familiar area to perhaps see a sunset (sunset was at 5:00 p.m.) before heading home. One of Abbie's interests was photography. If you're a photographer your eyes work as a camera even if you don't have a camera with you (Abbie left her camera at home). In photography the "magic hour" (sometimes called golden hour), is the time of day shortly after sunrise or before sunset. Most photographers think this is the best time of day to photograph. If I were Abbie, and if I had a short period of time to go for a walk, I would walk in a direction where I might see the sunset. I think it would instinctively be in the mentality of a photographer to do that even if they didn't have a camera. From her home she might have headed towards the end of Eastern Point, not towards Farrington Avenue.

From all accounts Abbie has a happy, wonderful life. She is a happy, normal person who has many interests, and is loved by family and friends. She loves the area where she lives, and has been familiar with the area for a long time. I don't think she would just decide she wanted another life, leave and disappear, or commit self harm in any way. I think the chances are slim.

As far as abduction goes, I think the chances are slim, not impossible, but slim. It would be very difficult to pull it off. I think it would be hard to abduct a woman of her age, stature and wits, who undoubtedly would be kicking and screaming, into a car, van or truck. Reports have stated she is 5' 5" and 190-200 lbs. For example, if an abduction were to take place at the end of her driveway, or in her house, someone surely would hear. If out on a path by the ocean, or in the woods, there might be a possibility. Maybe she was grabbed by someone on the rocks, fought, toppled in, or was thrown in. Maybe she was attacked on a path in the woods, was knocked on the head, killed, then hidden, buried, or put in the trunk of a car. It was just before the Super Bowl, not many people were out and about because they were at home cooking and watching the pre-game show. No one around to hear or see anything. Crazy, but if it did happen the abductor might even be a person who lives on Eastern Point, maybe someone she knew, instead of someone just passing through the area. Did she have a car, and if so where was it? I've heard no mention of her car. Maybe she decided to drive somewhere instead of walk. Maybe a friend came by to drive her somewhere to show her something. Maybe someone got lost on the confusing roads and stopped at the end of her driveway to ask for directions, and grabbed her. You can really get carried away with different TV scenarios, but they all seem far-fetched. And, really, what are the chances? I think very slim. This is a very safe place. Many homes have cameras. Anything could be seen. I wouldn't call it an isolated area as homes are in proximity to one another. Some houses are vacant in the winter. The main exit off Eastern Point is via Eastern Point Boulevard. You could also exit by taking a right onto Bemo Avenue which would bring you onto St. Louis Avenue, and then onto Farrington Ave., but as I mentioned earlier it is one way, and few people leaving Eastern Point take that route. I think someone would be taking a big risk abducting someone and then driving away. And, for what purpose? Why come to Eastern Point to abduct someone? So far there is absolutely no evidence of foul play, or reason for alarm, according to LE. Zero chance of foul play based on evidence.

The LE search was thorough and unprecedented. In the beginning the only thing that worried me was that, at the time, it was difficult for boats to get close to the shore to search because seas were 3-5 feet, winds were 15-20 kts., high tide was at 5:23 p.m., and it was dark. Now, however, LE has searched all along the coastline, Brace Cove, Niles Pond, and the Breakwater in boats with sonar, dive teams have searched for two days, and still they've found nothing. There is still the possibility that Abbie may have fallen in the ocean and eventually will be found somewhere. Initially, I also found it unlikely for a woman who was around the ocean for a good part of her life, was an avid outdoor/nature person, someone who would be aware of the dangers of the rocks, tides, weather conditions, etc., would have succumbed in that way. But, sometimes things can go tragically wrong in an instant no matter how careful you are, and some things can be out of your control. She may have tripped on some high rocks, hit her head and just couldn't stop slipping. She may have had a medical incident, become dizzy and disoriented, lost her balance, had a heart attack, or an aneurysm, etc., passed out, become unconscious. Any of these things could also have happened in the woods. Even though LE searched all over land with helicopters and thermal imaging, and by foot, maybe something was missed. She could have wandered off a path and further into the woods, and collapsed in a hole or a pile of brush. A tragic accident or a medical event which rendered her incapacitated is perhaps the most likely.

It's not easy to speculate about these possibilities or outcomes. What are the chances of any of these things happening? This mystery keeps us up at night, but we keep thinking and analyzing, and we keep searching for answers. We keep searching for Abbie.

Here are a few more things to think about. They're not in any particular order. I'm sorry for the length, but maybe they will lead someone else to think of other possibilities.

I hope LE spoke with the full-time residents at the Eastern Point Retreat House (a private Jesuit retreat), and had a look inside and out, and all around the grounds. It is a big place on 30 acres, and the terrain around it is very rocky in some places, and there are dense woodsy areas on one side. I don't believe a retreat was taking place on 2/2/20, but there may have been people making food deliveries, or doing renovations, etc., who might have seen Abbie walking on a road, path, or on the rocky shore. I would want a list of anyone who was there for any reason on that day. Maybe someone made a delivery, happened to pass her on one of the roads, doesn't know a woman is missing from the area, and is now out of town or out of state. I would also want to check in and around all the occupied and unoccupied homes on Eastern Point. Search garages, out buildings, covered pools, under porches, etc.

Eastern Point is a very private area, and very safe. To get to Eastern Point there is only one way in. The main road in and out is Eastern Point Boulevard. In order to get to St. Louis Avenue, where Abbie lives, you have to enter Eastern Point via Eastern Point Boulevard and take a left onto Bemo Avenue which turns into St. Louis Avenue. St. Louis Avenue is one way, and it exits onto Farrington Avenue. It would be the only other way to exit (not enter) Eastern Point other than Eastern Point Boulevard. I think the Bemo Ave. to St. Louis Ave. road wouldn't be one most people would take unless you lived on one of those roads, or you were visiting someone who lives there, or knew that you could get back onto Farrington from St. Louis Ave., or were lost. Everyone takes Eastern Point Boulevard in and out. Many of the inner roads are narrow and go through woodsy and low growth areas. Some, that you think are roads, are actually roads into driveways. Some are marked dead ends, some are not, and some are one way. The fastest speed limit on any of the roads is probably 20 mph or less. (For a better map than Google Earth or Google Maps, I like the Shark Tracker app. It has an excellent map). There are also very few places for people to park on Eastern Point. There is a small parking lot across from the Beauport Museum. The museum is closed during the winter months. There is a small area to park by Eastern Point Light and the Breakwater. There is no public parking at Brace Cove Beach or around Niles Pond. Niles Pond is fresh water, and is said to have a maximum depth of 7 feet, but I don't think anyone actually knows. It's classified as a lake although it's called a pond. It's shallow enough to support dense growth over the entire surface. Around the time Abbie went missing it had a thin layer of mushy ice and some spots of open water. People skate on it if it is really frozen. There is a causeway (narrow strip of land) between Niles Pond and Brace Cove where you can walk. Brace Cove is mostly a small beach. It is filled with boulders that are just covered at high tide. It has a depth of 2-15 feet. Just outside the entrance to the cove, surrounded by roughly 35 feet of water, is a big boulder that rises up 18 feet. All along the south side there are big rocks and boulders just where Nile Pond begins. On the Bemo Ledge side of the cove the boulders are impressive at low tide.

I don't find it particularly strange that Abbie left her cell phone in the house, or that the house was unlocked (if that is confirmed). It is a very safe neighborhood, neighbors know one another, and her house is on a one way road which is somewhat secluded with very little traffic. The homes are within sight of one another. She was only going for a quick walk in an area that was totally familiar to her. She wasn't planning to be gone too long. Maybe she just wanted to get a little fresh air after cooking for her guests and before their arrival. A short walk in a familiar area to perhaps see a sunset (sunset was at 5:00 p.m.) before heading home. One of Abbie's interests was photography. If you're a photographer your eyes work as a camera even if you don't have a camera with you (Abbie left her camera at home). In photography the "magic hour" (sometimes called golden hour), is the time of day shortly after sunrise or before sunset. Most photographers think this is the best time of day to photograph. If I were Abbie, and if I had a short period of time to go for a walk, I would walk in a direction where I might see the sunset. I think it would instinctively be in the mentality of a photographer to do that even if they didn't have a camera. From her home she might have headed towards the end of Eastern Point, not towards Farrington Avenue.

From all accounts Abbie has a happy, wonderful life. She is a happy, normal person who has many interests, and is loved by family and friends. She loves the area where she lives, and has been familiar with the area for a long time. I don't think she would just decide she wanted another life, leave and disappear, or commit self harm in any way. I think the chances are slim.

As far as abduction goes, I think the chances are slim, not impossible, but slim. It would be very difficult to pull it off. I think it would be hard to abduct a woman of her age, stature and wits, who undoubtedly would be kicking and screaming, into a car, van or truck. Reports have stated she is 5' 5" and 190-200 lbs. For example, if an abduction were to take place at the end of her driveway, or in her house, someone surely would hear. If out on a path by the ocean, or in the woods, there might be a possibility. Maybe she was grabbed by someone on the rocks, fought, toppled in, or was thrown in. Maybe she was attacked on a path in the woods, was knocked on the head, killed, then hidden, buried, or put in the trunk of a car. It was just before the Super Bowl, not many people were out and about because they were at home cooking and watching the pre-game show. No one around to hear or see anything. Crazy, but if it did happen the abductor might even be a person who lives on Eastern Point, maybe someone she knew, instead of someone just passing through the area. Did she have a car, and if so where was it? I've heard no mention of her car. Maybe she decided to drive somewhere instead of walk. Maybe a friend came by to drive her somewhere to show her something. Maybe someone got lost on the confusing roads and stopped at the end of her driveway to ask for directions, and grabbed her. You can really get carried away with different TV scenarios, but they all seem far-fetched. And, really, what are the chances? I think very slim. This is a very safe place. Many homes have cameras. Anything could be seen. I wouldn't call it an isolated area as homes are in proximity to one another. Some houses are vacant in the winter. The main exit off Eastern Point is via Eastern Point Boulevard. You could also exit by taking a right onto Bemo Avenue which would bring you onto St. Louis Avenue, and then onto Farrington Ave., but as I mentioned earlier it is one way, and few people leaving Eastern Point take that route. I think someone would be taking a big risk abducting someone and then driving away. And, for what purpose? Why come to Eastern Point to abduct someone? So far there is absolutely no evidence of foul play, or reason for alarm, according to LE. Zero chance of foul play based on evidence.

The LE search was thorough and unprecedented. In the beginning the only thing that worried me was that, at the time, it was difficult for boats to get close to the shore to search because seas were 3-5 feet, winds were 15-20 kts., high tide was at 5:23 p.m., and it was dark. Now, however, LE has searched all along the coastline, Brace Cove, Niles Pond, and the Breakwater in boats with sonar, dive teams have searched for two days, and still they've found nothing. There is still the possibility that Abbie may have fallen in the ocean and eventually will be found somewhere. Initially, I also found it unlikely for a woman who was around the ocean for a good part of her life, was an avid outdoor/nature person, someone who would be aware of the dangers of the rocks, tides, weather conditions, etc., would have succumbed in that way. But, sometimes things can go tragically wrong in an instant no matter how careful you are, and some things can be out of your control. She may have tripped on some high rocks, hit her head and just couldn't stop slipping. She may have had a medical incident, become dizzy and disoriented, lost her balance, had a heart attack, or an aneurysm, etc., passed out, become unconscious. Any of these things could also have happened in the woods. Even though LE searched all over land with helicopters and thermal imaging, and by foot, maybe something was missed. She could have wandered off a path and further into the woods, and collapsed in a hole or a pile of brush. A tragic accident or a medical event which rendered her incapacitated is perhaps the most likely.

It's not easy to speculate about these possibilities or outcomes. What are the chances of any of these things happening? This mystery keeps us up at night, but we keep thinking and analyzing, and we keep searching for answers. We keep searching for Abbie.
Superb information, thank you. Is the Eastern Point Retreat part of the St. Anthony Chapel or are those two distinct properties?
Do we know if Annie was religious and sometimes visited the Chapel?
Lastly, is Abbie known to wear expensive jewelry? That could provide motive.

Please, if you haven't already, listen to the Chief's interview in the audio file at this link.

GloucesterCast 383 Chief Ed Conley Search Update For Missing Gloucester Resident Abbie Flynn 2/6/20

19:00 Joey Ciaramitaro: Did the canines pick up any scents...was there any feedback from the canine units at all?

19:00 Chief Ed Conley: No, uh, we had two incidents during the search on Monday where we found blood. Blood splatter, blood splattered on a trail, blood splatter on a tree ... those two things the canines did hit on but it was totally confirmed animal blood.

20:29 Chief Ed Conley: I should point out that she left her phone at home ... which was not unusual for her to do.

26:44 Chief Ed Conley: There's no sign of a break [-in], now, maybe she had her doors unlocked, there's no sign of break, no disturbance, there's nothing been reported missing from the home. Other than Abbie herself.

40:12 Joey Ciaramitaro: She was not seen on any video surveillance between the time that she had spoken with someone on the phone and the time that the people had come to, uh, for the party.

40:37 Chief Ed Conley: Correct. She was, there was one camera, uh, of a female walking - detectives took a look at that - and it's so grainy it's difficult to say - they don't think it matched her description. Uh, but it was also in the area that we were already looking so whether it was her or not, we saturated that area. But, there was really no indication that it was her.

41:52 Joey Ciaramitaro: And, was her door unlocked, and was that a normal thing?

41:57 Chief Ed Conley: Uh, I don't want to comment on the specifics of that right now.

Please, if you haven't already, listen to the Chief's interview in the audio file at this link.

GloucesterCast 383 Chief Ed Conley Search Update For Missing Gloucester Resident Abbie Flynn 2/6/20

19:00 Joey Ciaramitaro: Did the canines pick up any scents...was there any feedback from the canine units at all?

19:00 Chief Ed Conley: No, uh, we had two incidents during the search on Monday where we found blood. Blood splatter, blood splattered on a trail, blood splatter on a tree ... those two things the canines did hit on but it was totally confirmed animal blood.

20:29 Chief Ed Conley: I should point out that she left her phone at home ... which was not unusual for her to do.

26:44 Chief Ed Conley: There's no sign of a break [-in], now, maybe she had her doors unlocked, there's no sign of break, no disturbance, there's nothing been reported missing from the home. Other than Abbie herself.

40:12 Joey Ciaramitaro: She was not seen on any video surveillance between the time that she had spoken with someone on the phone and the time that the people had come to, uh, for the party.

40:37 Chief Ed Conley: Correct. She was, there was one camera, uh, of a female walking - detectives took a look at that - and it's so grainy it's difficult to say - they don't think it matched her description. Uh, but it was also in the area that we were already looking so whether it was her or not, we saturated that area. But, there was really no indication that it was her.

41:52 Joey Ciaramitaro: And, was her door unlocked, and was that a normal thing?

41:57 Chief Ed Conley: Uh, I don't want to comment on the specifics of that right now.
Well...not wanting to comment on whether or not the doors were unlocked and if that was a usual thing...I’m wondering now if there has been any mention of her keys being in the house still or gone...anyone know?

Superb information, thank you. Is the Eastern Point Retreat part of the St. Anthony Chapel or are those two distinct properties?
Do we know if Annie was religious and sometimes visited the Chapel?
Lastly, is Abbie known to wear expensive jewelry? That could provide motive.
They are two distinct properties. I don't know about Abbie's jewelry, but she was wearing a strand of pearls in one photo. I don't know if she was religious. St. Anthony Chapel is a lovely, small stone chapel, and living so close to it I'm sure she went in at some point.

At 64 years of age, I had a mini stroke that came out of nowhere! No warning symptoms whatsoever and I struggled to keep myself from passing out. I was slightly stressed that day packing for a trip. This could have happened to her. She had people coming over and she ran two homes.

At 64 years of age, I had a mini stroke that came out of nowhere! No warning symptoms whatsoever and I struggled to keep myself from passing out. I was slightly stressed that day packing for a trip. This could have happened to her. She had people coming over and she ran two homes.

Of course there could have been a medical problem, but don't you think she would have been found by now? It sounds like she went for a very short walk - just to get some air and exercise before her guests arrived.

I just don't know about this case. I am so torn. Half of me thinks accident or medical incident on a walk and the other half thinks foul play. My only thing with a medical incident--she would have had to be standing right on the cusp of a cliff or rock or something, had a medical incident and then fallen into the water. Otherwise, if she was walking on any street or trail around there, she would have probably just dropped right where she was walking and would have been found that very night, I'd imagine. With an accident--same thing. She'd need to be very close to a drop off, which is not impossible, but just the only way I'd see that happening and her not being found by now.

As far as foul play. I am curious if they have tried to trace her movements earlier that day and even the couple days leading up to this. Where was she that morning? Was she getting groceries for this party? At a gas station? Shopping? What about the day before? Although rare, it has happened that someone spies somebody out in public and starts following them. Someone could have possibly even followed her home the day before or earlier that morning and waited for an opportunity to take her. Why? I have no idea. Why does any criminal abduct people? You know what I mean? Not everything is logical to us because we are logical people who aren't criminals. Either way, I am curious where she went, what she did, and who she interacted with earlier that Sunday and the day before.

Thanks for deleting my triplicate post...I had connectivity issues all morning with the site.

Of course there could have been a medical problem, but don't you think she would have been found by now? It sounds like she went for a very short walk - just to get some air and exercise before her guests arrived.
I don't ask this in an argumentative fashion, but do we KNOW that she even went for a walk and if she did that it was short? I think her son reported that around 3:30 she said she might take a walk.
And do we know if she had a car? Could she have ordered out for a last minute delivery of salsa, appetizers or condiments? She is reported to be a detailed oriented hostess.

I don't ask this in an argumentative fashion, but do we KNOW that she even went for a walk and if she did that it was short? I think her son reported that around 3:30 she said she might take a walk.
And do we know if she had a car? Could she have ordered out for a last minute delivery of salsa, appetizers or condiments? She is reported to be a detailed oriented hostess.
Good point!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back