GUILTY MA - Abigail Hanna for kidnap, assault of 2yo girl, Hamilton, 2015

Such a strange case. I wonder if this babysitter was mad about being fired and took this child to scare the parents. She shaved her head, burned her and caused a head injury to make it look like she was taken by a legitimate child abductor.

I just can't see this young woman who had her life seemingly on track with school and a recent engagement go out and hurt a baby. I don't see the reason for that UNLESS......ooooo....I just got this thought. I wonder if her fiancé is into weird kiddy things and she's trying to win him over in some sick way. Is there info. on the fiancé' whereabouts?

I'm so curious as to how they would connect a former sitter to this case. I wonder if she made threats to them...so out of character for what I'm seeing on all her pictures. She looked like she was part of a tight knit family....nice home...family hikes to a waterfall and BBQ's....lots of friends. It makes no sense for her to throw her whole future away for such heinous and serious charges.

Such a strange case. I wonder if this babysitter was mad about being fired and took this child to scare the parents. She shaved her head, burned her and caused a head injury to make it look like she was taken by a legitimate child abductor.

I just can't see this young woman who had her life seemingly on track with school and a recent engagement go out and hurt a baby. I don't see the reason for that UNLESS......ooooo....I just got this thought. I wonder if her fiancé is into weird kiddy things and she's trying to win him over in some sick way. Is there info. on the fiancé' whereabouts?

Why in the world shave her head?? And where would she have done that in the middle of the night?

:bump: BBM and adding

reports have varied. Initial reports said police questioned college administrator about a woman who had recently dropped from the college. The previously linked articles about that have since been altered/updated. Newer reports since the arrest have stated she was a counselor at the college and do not mention if she was still employed in that capacity at the time of her arrest.

Her own FB pages says she was a counselor there, but 21 is pretty young for that. She might not even have a degree yet. Maybe she was a peer counselor or R.A. or something.

This case really has me confused, none of this seems to make any sense. Well heck a lot of them don't, but this one less than others. I can see that would be considered motive. I'll have to wait for some evidence before I even start to figure this out. There's not enough info for me to make a guess, let alone an educated one.

Why in the world shave her head?? And where would she have done that in the middle of the night?
Either completely off her rocker, or trying to make her look like a boy to disguise her (which is still whacko but makes more sense)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm so curious as to how they would connect a former sitter to this case. I wonder if she made threats to them...so out of character for what I'm seeing on all her pictures. She looked like she was part of a tight knit family....nice home...family hikes to a waterfall and BBQ's....lots of friends. It makes no sense for her to throw her whole future away for such heinous and serious charges.
I think it says somewhere in MSM that she was making threats. I could just be thinking of an earlier post though.
Wonder if there was surveillance video from a neighbors house.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TTF14, I thought 21 seemed young too. But much of what the press has written about her comes, as you say, from her own Facebook and people are not exactly always honest about their life, education and work positions on such mediums.

The parents were probably proud of their little girl's pretty blonde hair, so she shaved it off to upset them. Moo.

I'm guessing that when Abigail was sacked, there was an argument and Abi shouted some threats. Then the police asked "Can you think of anyone that might have taken your daughter?", and the parents said Well, we did have that big row with the babysitter recently... That would explain how the police knew it was Abi so quickly. MOO.

Her own FB pages says she was a counselor there, but 21 is pretty young for that. She might not even have a degree yet. Maybe she was a peer counselor or R.A. or something.

My first thought she was a counselor with Upward Bound. She could have been doing that while a student. Would working with Outward Bound be similar to being a camp counselor? It looks like La Vida is similar to OB.

http://www.gordon.edu/lavida

along with whatever other evidence they have its also entirely possible that they asked the girl "who did you see last night?" and she said whatever named she used for abigail while she was babysitting her.
i wonder if the girl is just 2 or almost 3.

I don't know exactly what is going on with this girl, but people around her must have seen some signs that she was mentally unstable. This just couldn't be the biggest surprise in the world to people who are closest to her.

Retaliation against mom and/or dad for something? That's the only thing I can think of.

It is rare to hear a woman kidnapping a child that is not their own. When it happens, it is a child they know.

I know there have been woman who have kidnapped a child they did not know. It is usually babies.

In this case with Abigail Hanna, I wonder if she had behavior problems. The only criminal records are alcohol related.

I suspect she has a lot of unaddressed anger issues. I wonder what people thought of Abigail Hanna. Did they thing something was off about her.

I was thinking she may have a personality disorder rather than a mental illness. Borderline Personality Disorder or psychopathy perhaps. I feel like taking the child was to punish her parents, rather than any actual wish to possess the child. The child was just used as a means to an end, with no thought to her wellbeing or feelings at all. That's why I wondered if Abi might be a psychopath.

And it's not like Abi was at the house arguing with the parents and flew into a rage, grabbed the baby impulsively and ran off with her. This was planned out in advance. Abi sneaked into the house without waking anyone, and dumped the baby 8 miles away, hoping that no one would suspect her.

I wonder if the babysitter kept accidentally waking the baby up while she was trying to take her, causing the parents to have to keep checking on her throughout the wee hours. Babysitter hides while parents come in the room. Finally conks the poor child in the head to knock her out so she can get her out of the house. What an awful person! It's really hard to believe, looking at her FB, that the babysitter did this. I wonder if a "friend" did the deed for her, and got violent with the poor child? Maybe a jilted ex who was trying to show her how much he cared for her by getting revenge on the parents. Sorry, theories swirling in my head. I guess they wouldn't arrest her if they didn't have a confession or evidence.

They prob mentioned they didn't know whether she was a boy or girl initially before she stood up or was picked up and they could see hmwhat her gender was, because of the shaved hair.

This seems like such an odd, odd case. I know seemingly "normal" people do atrocious things and we can never seem to make any sense out of them. But this has to be one for the books IMO. I know it's not mandatory to be able to make sense of it, but it just seems like something major is missing from this story. Let's just say she wanted to get back at the parents for, in her mind, having done her wrong. So, in retaliation, she kidnaps this tiny little girl, takes her to who knows where, shaves her head, burns her with a cigarette, causes an injury to her head, removes all her clothing, and then decides to leave her outside some eight miles away from her home. What is missing here?

Also, the people who found her (thank God!) said she was naked yet they didn't know if she was a boy or a girl? I'm thinking perhaps she was naked except for a diaper?

This is one of the strangest cases I've ever seen. There definitely must be some mental issues going on here.
I'm so happy the baby is okay.

The boyfriend's page got taken down in a hurry. In fact, I wonder if he used the new app from FB that removes all traces of your name from your ex's page?

I have a question? One of the articles I read said Lyndon lived there with her mother. That got me to wondering if maybe the parents were separated which led me to other thoughts...but now, I cannot find the article that said she lived there with her mother. (the house she was taken from) Does anyone else remember reading that?

I fear that beautiful child was not meant to be found alive.

Mental illnesses seem to become more apparent in early 20's, and maybe AH is seriously ill. AH just got engaged on 11/5/15 and now kidnaps a toddler after being fired from the baby sitting job? OMG. No normal person would do that IMO. Right? This is awful on so many levels.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back