Found Deceased MA - Aidan Blanchard, 11, Chicopee, 5 Feb 2021

Police, firefighters search Connecticut River in Agawam after witness reports seeing body in water
more at link
AGAWAM – The Massachusetts State Police and Agawam Fire Department searched the Connecticut River for about two hours Wednesday night after a witness reported seeing a body in the water.

The report was made around 6:30 p.m. and firefighters searched the river by boat while the State Police Air Wing searched above by helicopter, according to a state police spokesman.

Police and firefighters did not find anything in the water and called off the search at about 8:30 p.m. They plan to resume the search on Thursday, he said.

I'm from a small town in Michigan and I know four people who have fallen through the ice and died, two of them being my cousins. The others were guys I went to high school with, separate incidents. One of them has a case on here. He was missing for quite a while, but they had a pretty good idea he'd tried to walk across the ice and fallen through.

Last week (?) a father and daughter fell through the ice on a snowmobile.

At this point in time it seems like that is really where LE are focusing their attention and it breaks my heart. Falling through the ice is definitely not unheard of.

Sincere condolences for your loss of your cousins, Dulcinea.

Police, firefighters search Connecticut River in Agawam after witness reports seeing body in water
more at link
AGAWAM – The Massachusetts State Police and Agawam Fire Department searched the Connecticut River for about two hours Wednesday night after a witness reported seeing a body in the water.

The report was made around 6:30 p.m. and firefighters searched the river by boat while the State Police Air Wing searched above by helicopter, according to a state police spokesman.

Police and firefighters did not find anything in the water and called off the search at about 8:30 p.m. They plan to resume the search on Thursday, he said.
I hope they find Aidan soon, the families rollercoaster of suffering needs to end :(

Checking in, hoping for an update. This case crushes me. I don’t know what’s worse, having a child go missing and knowing nothing about what could have happened or believing he is in a frozen river somewhere and waiting for his body to be found. I can’t process the horror of that.

Heck, my dog got out once on a summer night and I cried for three hours straight until we found her, thinking she was all alone out there. It’s probably a good thing I never had children because I don’t have that kind of strength.
Praying today is the day Aidan is recovered.

Police are looking to speak with anyone who was traveling towards the boat ramp area on February 5th from 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM. To summarize the new video posted. Also, his mother his asking people to pray with her or think of Aiden's return home at 11:45 AM each day until he is found.

New information on search for missing Chicopee boy

Police are looking to speak with anyone who was traveling towards the boat ramp area on February 5th from 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM. To summarize the new video posted. Also, his mother his asking people to pray with her or think of Aiden's return home at 11:45 AM each day until he is found.

New information on search for missing Chicopee boy

Hi, what does the article say? It won't let me read it. Hope Aiden is found soon.

I literally can’t handle this case. To think of a child’s body most likely lost in a frozen river. I check constantly they’ll find him so his mother at least can lay her son to rest. I keep thinking every time I refresh this thread there will be news. Praying at 11:45 am, and throughout the day Aidan will be brought home.

Checking in ... so sad Aidan has not been found. It’s been more than a week now...so difficult for his mom and family. I wonder if it’s at all possible that someone has him ... I so want him to be alive and not in that frozen river! Moo

@Limecat , I join you in prayer, everyday
Just stop to check in on the search. This is awfully sad and terrifying for the family and friends.
Praying for the SARs and first responders. Please be safe out there. MOO
Thank you for including the SARS and first responders. I’ll add them to my prayers as well. This has to be a very dangerous SAR on and in that river.

Hi, what does the article say? It won't let me read it. Hope Aiden is found soon.

CHICOPEE, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -- Friday marks one week since 11-year-old Aiden Blanchard went missing.

The Chicopee Police Department said Aiden was last seen walking in the Willamansett area of Chicopee, near Old Field Road, and was believed to be heading in the direction of Medina Street boat ramp.

Police announced today that they are looking to speak with anyone who was walking in the direction leading up to the boat ramp on Friday, February 5 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Search efforts by Chicopee Police, as well as Mass. State Police and their marine unit, continued all week along the Connecticut River.

Divers, boats, and drones were also utilized during the search, but still there is no word on Aiden’s whereabouts.

Aiden’s mom also told us today that she is asking for the public’s help in putting up posters outside of Hampden County and especially alongside the Chicopee and Connecticut Rivers and is calling on the community to join together and say a prayer or just simply to have Blanchard in your thoughts for his return home.

She would like to continue this each day until he is found and is identifying 11:45 a.m. as time for those thoughts and prayers since that was most likely time he was near the boat ramp.

Aiden is 5’ tall, has brown hair, blue eyes, and was last seen wearing a red ski jacket and black ski pants.

Aiden’s mom thanks the community for all their search efforts and, once again, is asking for the public to help post these flyers across our area.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Chicopee Police Department.

And then they have Aiden's picture and missing poster on there as well but it's the same one that's been shown already.

This was from yesterday. I'm posting because this tweet provides a good aerial view and shows what the river looks like in terms of the ice-water ratio. Click them for the full zoom.

"The search for missing 11-year-old Aiden Blanchard continues. Today our Air Wing flew the Connecticut River from the Pike down to the state line ... "

Et-W90pXMAUwzhb

Et-W67KXcAEOzcH

Et-W67HXIAcKlCA

https://twitter.com/NEFireChiefs/status/1360150452575367172

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads