Still Missing MA - Ana Walshe, 39, allegedly left home, may have been dismembered, Cohasset, Jan 2023 *husband indicted* #4

maybe he could get up on the stand and give a reasonable explanation as to why he came across her, and instead of doing the reasonable thing we would all do — call the police — he instead decided to dispose of the body.”
I have a rather vivid imagination, and I struggle to see how anyone could have a reasonable explanation for that. "Your Honor, she bludgeoned herself to death, and naturally, as one does when confronted with that situation, I dismembered her and hid her remains in the trash." MOO

I know things like this happen with ODs and other similar deaths, but I think he's going to have a hard time explaining away those google searches, especially the sequence that went from divorce to dismemberment. That was clearly not his small children looking that up.

I have a rather vivid imagination, and I struggle to see how anyone could have a reasonable explanation for that. "Your Honor, she bludgeoned herself to death, and naturally, as one does when confronted with that situation, I dismembered her and hid her remains in the trash." MOO

I know things like this happen with ODs and other similar deaths, but I think he's going to have a hard time explaining away those google searches, especially the sequence that went from divorce to dismemberment. That was clearly not his small children looking that up.
I agree, it's really a stretch. I think most reasonable people can put the puzzle pieces together. Assuming the case makes it to trial, let's hope that reasonable people are seated on the jury. MOO

I agree, it's really a stretch. I think most reasonable people can put the puzzle pieces together. Assuming the case makes it to trial, let's hope that reasonable people are seated on the jury. MOO
My biggest fear is that the prosecution won’t be able to convince the jury that there’s enough evidence to convict him of first-degree murder, and he’ll get murder in the second degree… Maximum 15 year sentence… And then out… Does that sound OK to anybody here? What about the 2nd charge? I can’t remember the exact name of it, but the one that has to do with him illegally relocating a body? If the worst case scenario happens and he only gets Murder 2, how much more prison time could that 2nd charge for improperly moving a body potentially add to his total sentence? Also, is it possible that there could be additional charges forthcoming, that could also add years to his overall sentence? Please explain to me - in what world should this man ever be allowed out of prison for these heinous actions if found guilty? Or God-forbid, in plenty of time to reclaim custody of those children? I understand that the law in Massachusetts is what it is, I understand that in the eyes of Massachusetts, a conviction of murder 2 only deserves a maximum 15 sentence… I get that that’s what’s established and on the books there… but does that mean it’s right, or that it provides sufficient justice for Ana and her children? Or perhaps, does MA need to reevaluate the established legislation that states a 15 year sentence provides satisfactory justice? Just thinking out loud and all MOO…

Last edited:
JAN 20, 2023

Ana Walshe’s kids can hopefully ‘find peace,’ says Collier Landry, whose mom was murdered by dad

[...]

Landry's traumatic experience occurred 23 years ago, when he heard two loud thuds during the night and woke up the next morning without his mom. His father told him, "Mommy took a little vacation."

"I know how this movie ends. I've seen this before," Landry told Fox News Digital. "It's a little different, but the plot is still the same. The protagonist, the antagonist are still the same. The hero is still the same with the kids. And I know what that journey is going to be."

It could be lifelong trauma and grieving that comes "in waves" as they get older, he said. It might hit them differently as adolescents than as teenagers and that could be different from when they're in their 20s and 30s, he said.

"As you're growing up, you start to think, if my father did this, am I capable of such things?" Landry said. "Not only do you think that internally, but the rest of the world looking at you thinks the same thing … Like I get you love this guy, daughter, but be careful because his father murdered his mom, and I get it, but that's a hard pill to swallow."

[...]

JAN 20, 2023

Ana Walshe’s kids can hopefully ‘find peace,’ says Collier Landry, whose mom was murdered by dad

[...]

Landry's traumatic experience occurred 23 years ago, when he heard two loud thuds during the night and woke up the next morning without his mom. His father told him, "Mommy took a little vacation."

"I know how this movie ends. I've seen this before," Landry told Fox News Digital. "It's a little different, but the plot is still the same. The protagonist, the antagonist are still the same. The hero is still the same with the kids. And I know what that journey is going to be."

It could be lifelong trauma and grieving that comes "in waves" as they get older, he said. It might hit them differently as adolescents than as teenagers and that could be different from when they're in their 20s and 30s, he said.

"As you're growing up, you start to think, if my father did this, am I capable of such things?" Landry said. "Not only do you think that internally, but the rest of the world looking at you thinks the same thing … Like I get you love this guy, daughter, but be careful because his father murdered his mom, and I get it, but that's a hard pill to swallow."

[...]
When I was growing up, a little girl who went to my school and my church, one of my friends actually… whose home I had been over to play at several times… had a father who, for reasons incomprehensible to us (we were in first grade when this happened) shot and killed her mother one night. It was pretty crazy, everything seemed normal about their family, my parents were very protective of me and never let me go to play at someone else’s home without getting to know their parents first, and this was just completely shocking. Long story short, her dad went to jail (I’m 39 years old now and her dad is still in jail, thank goodness), but my friend was never the same. Her aunt ended up moving into their house to take care of her and her brother, and she was a mean and verbally and psychologically abusive lady frankly. While I can’t say for sure, the impression that I got was that she resented the fact that she was now forced to change her life and take care of these kids… again, I certainly can’t say for sure, but that’s how it seemed really. Her aunt wasn’t just mean to my friend and my friend’s little brother, but was also mean and abusive to any of the kids that came over to their house to play… so much so, that eventually, nobody’s parents let their kids go play there anymore. And the aunt refused the let my friend ever go to anyone else’s house to play. I could tell she had become quite lonely and quite depressed, regardless of how much I tried to include her while we were at school and church. I knew her all throughout elementary school, middle school and high school, and she became completely reclusive and it was extremely sad. I think about Ana’s boys, and I think about my childhood friend, and I pray to God that they will be given a guardian, and hopefully adoptive parents, who will keep them all together, and help them get through this trauma and tragedy so that, even though this is horrible, it doesn’t have to destroy their lives forever. Prayers for these little kiddos. They are truly, wholly dependent upon the professionals from child protective services to ensure they are able to have a chance at a normal life someday. God be with and guide them all.

My biggest fear is that the prosecution won’t be able to convince the jury that there’s enough evidence to convict him of first-degree murder, and he’ll get murder in the second degree… Maximum 15 year sentence… And then out… Does that sound OK to anybody here? What about the 2nd charge? I can’t remember the exact name of it, but the one that has to do with him illegally relocating a body? If the worst case scenario happens and he only gets Murder 2, how much more prison time could that 2nd charge for improperly moving a body potentially add to his total sentence? Also, is it possible that there could be additional charges forthcoming, that could also add years to his overall sentence? Please explain to me - in what world should this man ever be allowed out of prison for these heinous actions if found guilty? Or God-forbid, in plenty of time to reclaim custody of those children? I understand that the law in Massachusetts is what it is, I understand that in the eyes of Massachusetts, a conviction of murder 2 only deserves a maximum 15 sentence… I get that that’s what’s established and on the books there… but does that mean it’s right, or that it provides sufficient justice for Ana and her children? Or perhaps, does MA need to reevaluate the established legislation that states a 15 year sentence provides satisfactory justice? Just thinking out loud and all MOO…
Where is stated that in Massachusetts the maximum sentence for murder in second degree is 15 years? This states it is life: “c) Any person who is found guilty of murder in the second degree shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for life and shall be eligible for parole after the term of years fixed by the court pursuant to section 24 of chapter 279.“ https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter265/Section2

Where is stated that in Massachusetts the maximum sentence for murder in second degree is 15 years? This states it is life: “c) Any person who is found guilty of murder in the second degree shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for life and shall be eligible for parole after the term of years fixed by the court pursuant to section 24 of chapter 279.“ https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter265/Section2
MSM all week… hold on a few moments, I will find some clips and post a follow-up with links to various videos of the coverage.

I really hate to say this, but I worry that even if Ana's mom did make it to DC that both ladies would have been killed. I truly think that is a possibility. IMO - types like Brian will never stop or relent from their mission to get what they want, what they think they are owed. They think they are entitled to inflict violence on the women in their lives. Based on the text messages to mom, I truly feel that Ana knew things were going in a bad direction and was terrified. I'm sure her mom will always be haunted by the what-ifs. I am just glad she is alive and here to fight for Ana hopefully.

I’m still looking for more clips, but unfortunately I record this stuff on my DVR and delete it when I’m finished watching it… so CNN, NN and FOX may or may NOT post clips from those episodes to their YouTube pages, but in the meantime, here is one clip I did find from Banfeild.

I also watched a conversation with Mark Geragos on Cuomo with regard to the same, this was also mentioned on Anderson Cooper’a special about Ana Wednesday evening, and there was another conversation that occurred on Fox. Apparently all of it comes down to pre-meditation, and whether or not the prosecution can prove that or not. If they can’t it’s murder in the second degree. Or less. In the commentary, several different investigative experts and attorneys have weighed in, arguing both sides, that the prosecution could definitely argue it was premeditated, and other criminal defense attorneys arguing that would be a tall order. Like I said, this has been all over the news this week so I thought that this was pretty common knowledge so I apologize for not linking sources. Here is one for now and I will keep looking for more. I will say that I have searched high and low for the Anderson Cooper special because that one was really good, and I can’t find any clips from it, maybe someone has it recorded and they can chime in and share the clip. In the meantime, I’ll keep looking for the others and post those when I find them. Like I said in my post — hearing about this this week has had me very concerned. I don’t think that this monster should be able to get out of jail… there’s even been conversation about the potential for a skilled defense attorney to get the charges reduced to manslaughter… just blows my mind…

Here you go from Banfield:

Last edited:
You don’t have to provide more clips. I believe you that that is what has been said, and parroted, by the professional chatterers in the media. I don’t watch much TV and when I do, it is very rarely any of the shows or networks you mentioned, so I was unaware of what was being reported. It’s noteworthy that Banfield said he wouldn’t “necessarily” get life for murder in second degree and “could” be out in 15 years. The life sentence for Murder-2 in MA includes an eligibility for parole, but it isn‘t a certainy that one will get parole nor that the court, when sentencing, will make it a possibility in 15 years, which, I believe, may be the minimum, not maximum, amount of time that the court could consider making him eligible for parole.

1/21/23

COHASSET, Mass. — Brian Walshe, the husband of Ana Walshe, has been charged with dismembering his wife with a hacksaw and disposing of her remains after using his son’s iPad to Google the best ways to get rid of a body, according to prosecutors.

Ana Walshe, a 39-year-old mother from Cohasset, vanished on New Year’s Day. In the days after her disappearance, Brian allegedly went online and made a slew of incriminating internet searches, including “10 ways to dispose of a dead body if you really need to.”

One day before Brian faced a judge on a charge of murder, Norfolk County District Attorney Michael Morrissey announced that investigators had obtained an arrest warrant for him for the murder of Ana. He was previously charged with misleading an investigation into her disappearance and has been held in jail since then.

Items linked to Ana’s disappearance were said to be found during a search of a transfer station in Peabody, including towels, rags, slippers, tape, a Tyvek suit, gloves, cleaning agents, carpets, rugs, Hunter boots, a Prada purse, a COVID 19 vaccine card in the name of Ana Walshe, a hacksaw, a hatchet and some cutting shears, according to prosecutors.

Brian Walshe told police Ana was supposed to take a rideshare to Logan Airport on New Year’s Day to fly to Washington, D.C., where she owns a home. Police said there is no evidence Ana got into a rideshare or that she boarded any flights.

A Cohasset Police log indicates that Ana’s employer, Tishman Speyer, contacted the police before Brian Walshe.

1/21/23

COHASSET, Mass. — Brian Walshe, the husband of Ana Walshe, has been charged with dismembering his wife with a hacksaw and disposing of her remains after using his son’s iPad to Google the best ways to get rid of a body, according to prosecutors.

Ana Walshe, a 39-year-old mother from Cohasset, vanished on New Year’s Day. In the days after her disappearance, Brian allegedly went online and made a slew of incriminating internet searches, including “10 ways to dispose of a dead body if you really need to.”

One day before Brian faced a judge on a charge of murder, Norfolk County District Attorney Michael Morrissey announced that investigators had obtained an arrest warrant for him for the murder of Ana. He was previously charged with misleading an investigation into her disappearance and has been held in jail since then.

Items linked to Ana’s disappearance were said to be found during a search of a transfer station in Peabody, including towels, rags, slippers, tape, a Tyvek suit, gloves, cleaning agents, carpets, rugs, Hunter boots, a Prada purse, a COVID 19 vaccine card in the name of Ana Walshe, a hacksaw, a hatchet and some cutting shears, according to prosecutors.

Brian Walshe told police Ana was supposed to take a rideshare to Logan Airport on New Year’s Day to fly to Washington, D.C., where she owns a home. Police said there is no evidence Ana got into a rideshare or that she boarded any flights.

A Cohasset Police log indicates that Ana’s employer, Tishman Speyer, contacted the police before Brian Walshe.
This sounds absolutely gruesome!
I don't know how he actually murdered her or how long it took to dismember and distribute her but it seems it would not be quickly done.
Where were the children during this time?

BBM
IANAL
In section 24 of chapter 279 it says 15 years is the minimum a person can serve when they get a life sentence, except for first degree murder. In the case of first degree murder the minimum is 25 years.

I think the news is reporting on BW being eligible for parole in 15 years if he gets a life sentence but not first degree murder. Being eligible for parole doesn't mean he would necessarily serve only 15 years, particularly for such a gruesome and high profile case. The sentencing in that chapter also says it applies "except as an habitual criminal" which the prosecution might argue, so this 15 year minimum might not apply. I hope.

I hope Ana’s Mom comes to realize that Ana is deceased and that her son-in-law murdered her. Ana needs all the advocates she can get, even in death. I’d hate to see Ana’s Mom become a witness for the defense. JMO
This is what it looks like when someone is in the first stage of grief: denial.

Next in the five stages of grief should be anger. Poor woman.

This sounds absolutely gruesome!
I don't know how he actually murdered her or how long it took to dismember and distribute her but it seems it would not be quickly done.
Where were the children during this time?
Presumably, the boys were all in the home when Ana was murdered. We know at least one of them was there on New Year's Eve according to their guest that evening.

Per the article below, which is paywalled, GM said that at one point, one of the boys ventured out of bed and joined them.

Last edited:
[

And if you harm or injure a narcissist, you don't necessarily know what to expect. In other words, Ana really had no idea how much danger she was in. MOO
[/QUOTE]

He also has federal charges for his scam, and ought to get charges for violation of his house arrest, as all these places where he left pieces of the body are 30-40 min to 1 hour from Cohasset and are not nearby. Some are to the South of Boston, one to the North. So even if he was allowed to visit his mother in Swampscott, I doubt his house arrest terms stipulated driving all over MA with dismembered body in his car.

Plus, lying to LE and not getting in touch with his PO, i assume.

So, there are several different cases, and terms. People might be allowed to serve their terms consecutively, or simultaneously. So if not simultaneously, it might amount to quite a time. I think his crime was partially his anger as he was going to prison, and Ana was moving on with her life. Well, now she is not ((... and his prison will be much longer.

JAN 21, 2023
The Serbian mother of a Massachusetts woman who has been missing since New Year’s Day and whose husband is charged with murder, will ask the United States for official information about her daughter’s disappearance, Serbia’s Foreign Ministry said Saturday.

Milanka Ljubicic, the mother of Ana Walshe, signed a formal request to receive documentation about the case as next of kin, the ministry said in a statement. The request has been sent to Serbia’s Consulate in New York and will be submitted to relevant U.S. authorities, the ministry added.

[...]

Walshe’s disappearance has been followed closely in her native Serbia where her mother still lives. Ms. Ljubicic has told local media she could not believe that her son-in-law would harm her daughter.

Last edited:
Here is a communication between Ana and her Mom on December 25, 2022:

Ana: "Hi mom, could you come to Washington tomorrow?"
Milanka: "What do you mean and why are you telling me this now? You should have informed me a few days earlier."
Ana: "Brian and I don't see eye to eye."
Milanka: "About what?"
Ana: "Children."
Milanka: "Maybe I can come in seven days. I also have to take (prescribed) medicine. I don't know how long I would stay..."
Ana: "Tomorrow. Please. For two months."
Milanka: "What time is the flight tomorrow?"
Ana: "7 a.m. or 1:30 p.m...."

Source: "MAMA, DOĐI SUTRA, PLIZ!" Poslednje poruke Ane Volš majci 6 dana pred nestanak: "Ne slažem se sa Brajanom oko dece"
^^bbm

In my experience, given both the age of the grandmother and the grandchildren, a Serbian mother/grandmother visiting her US family for 2 months is actually very much the norm. Boston 25 news special aired on Friday night quoted the grandmother saying she last spent 16 months with the family and saw no cracks or concerns about the relationship between Ana and BW.

I'm so sad for the days, weeks, and years to come for this woman. She's indeed another victim of the charming, likable, con-man. It's bad enough to lose your daughter to intimate partner violence but the betrayal adds both insult and guilt to the injury. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back