MA MA - Ana Walshe, 39, Cohasset, 1 Jan 2023 *MEDIA, MAPS, & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION*

Ana Walshe amassed $3M property portfolio husband was eager to inherit (nypost.com)

Ana Walshe had amassed a property portfolio worth $2.8 million at the time of her disappearance, which her husband’s internet search history showed he was looking forward to getting his hands on.

[...]

Ana, 39, had been associated with eight properties in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Massachusetts since 2018 — four she had sold and four she owned at the time she disappeared, with a current market value totaling $2.8m.

In addition, Ana — who had three sons with Brian, all aged under six — was the family’s breadwinner, splitting her time between Washington D.C. where she was a property manager for real estate giant Tishman Speyer.

[...]

Ana’s property deals were going on right up until she went missing. Less than a week before she was reported missing by her employer, Ana closed a deal on Dec. 29 and sold an apartment in Revere, MA, outside Boston. The place sold for 220,000, over 50% more than the $137,000 she bought it for in 2020.

[...]

In March, the budding real estate tycoon sold a million-dollar house she owned in Massachusetts and bought a house in DC worth about the same.

The house she owned in Cohasset, Mass., the town where she lived with her husband and children, sold for $1.385 million in less than two months on the market. It boasts five bedrooms and four bathrooms and had been purchased in 2020 for $800,000, records show.

The mom then seemed to use her new cash flow to buy a DC mansion in the heart of the Chevy Chase neighborhood for $1.3 million. The house has four bedrooms, two full bathrooms, two half bathrooms, and a newly renovated kitchen. Records show she co-owns the house with an investor other than her husband.

[...]

Walshe also purchased a Baltimore row house in September for $191,500.

In 2020, she turned a profit when she sold a house in Marblehead, Mass, north of Boston for $840,100, which she had bought it in 2018 for $510,000. That $800,000 seemed to go into the Cohasset home she purchased for the same price in 2020 and sold last year.

She also owned two investment properties in Lynn, Massachusetts, which she bought in 2018 for $135,000 and $139,900, respectively.

[...]

[...]

It was more than 20 years ago when Joseph Romano was convicted in the murder of Katherine Leonard Romano in Quincy, whose body was never recovered. And now the mysterious case of Ana Walshe has Leonard’s family feeling like they’re reliving it again.

[...]

In September 1998, Katherine Leonard Romano’s husband, Eugene Leonard, called police to report that she had disappeared. And though they found signs of a violent attack, they never found a body.

Despite the lack of a body, the case made history in Massachusetts when Romano was found guilty of second degree murder. A hand-held saw was found with tissue and skin on it that tested positive for Katherine’s DNA.

The Leonards say it’s “wonderful” to think the groundwork of that case could lead to a conviction against Brian Walshe.

[...]

JAN 18, 2023
[...]

“Thank you for being a great friend, leader, boss, mentor, and supporter of women’s success,” said one post. “The opportunity you gave me changed my career trajectory and helped me become the woman I am today.”

The memories being shared about Ana depict a strong woman who inspired others.

“I’ll never forget the first day meeting you, full of energy, assertiveness, and unwavering level of customer service. I knew you had high expectations of me, and it was a struggle to even try to keep up with you,” said another post.

Several friends told Boston 25 News on Wednesday that they’re still left with many questions about why Brian Walshe would allegedly murder his wife, knowing they have three young boys together.

“I think nobody saw it coming. That’s the horrifying part about all of it right?,” said PB, who met Ana about a year and a half ago.

[...]

• The DA became involved in the case on day two - Jan 5.
  • Luminol was used all throughout the house and was not only visible in the basement but on the banister leading to the second floor.
  • The luminol revealed the blood evidence. There was no visible blood.
  • The children are in foster care, "they are friendly faces," the children are together, and relatives are involved.
  • Hans is also in foster care with a retired police officer.
  • BW took his 6-year-old to Home Depot, although he was not seen on cameras and probably in the car.
  • Bleach and hydrogen peroxide were used to clean the home.
  • Photos of luminol on the basement door leading outside.

Last edited:
JAN 19, 2023

Ana Walshe's mother says she 'just cannot believe' the disturbing internet searches allegedly made by her son-in-law

Ana Walshe's mother is holding out hope that her daughter is still alive and "just cannot believe" that her son-in-law Brian Walshe made the disturbing internet searches related to murder and dismemberment that prosecutors unveiled in court Wednesday, she told NBC News.

"I think that she just left somewhere, to get away, maybe she was tired of everything ... It is only my assumption. I still don’t know the truth about what happened," Milanka Ljubicic, 69, said from her home in Belgrade, Serbia, on Thursday.

"I just hope that she is alive. Anywhere, but alive. That is my only hope," she added of her daughter.

[...]

“After the first text, when she asked me to come promptly, I asked her why the urgency. She replied that Brian and her are not getting along about the kids, where the kids would spend time, whether in Boston, Cohasset or Washington, D.C., where they own a house,” Ljubicic added.”

[...]

JAN 19, 2023
www.boston25news.com

‘The world has lost a great person’: Ana Walshe remembered in celebration of life

A celebration of life was held to remember mother, friend and businesswoman Ana Walshe less than 24 hours after her husband appeared in court for her murder.

Boston 25 News has learned that the private virtual meeting, attended by about 100 people, happened on Wednesday night.

A friend of Ana Walshe, who was invited to attend, said the celebration united people from different stages of her life.

He said everyone shared similar stories of a dynamic and remarkable woman who made an impact on those she came into contact with.

“It’s astounding. Most people go through life, and we all want to make an impact. She truly did,” said friend PR. “The world has lost a great person.”

[...]

JAN 19, 2023
www.dailymail.co.uk

Photos show Ana Walshe with ex-boss who was last to see her alive

EXCLUSIVE: Unearthed photos show happy and playful Ana Walshe posing with her former real estate boss and friend - the last person to see her alive after spending New Year's Eve together with accused killer husband​

• Missing mom Ana Walshe is seen posing for corporate photographs with her colleagues and former boss Gem Mutlu in October 2021
  • At the time, the high-powered realtor had been working as the director of operations for his namesake real estate firm The Mutlu Group in Boston
  • Turkish-born Mutlu was the last person besides her husband Brian Walshe to see Ana alive after spending New Year's Eve with the couple at their Cohasset home
  • In the wake of her disappearance, Mutlu - who met Ana through Brian - told local media that there hadn't been any indication that something was amiss
[...]

1674184056909.png

[...]

Police are actively searching for the remains of Ana Walshe. Kaplan adds that if left without a body at the time of Brian Walshe’s trial, prosecutors will have to build up their case around the physical evidence and internet searches while also eliminating any other possibilities that could explain what may have happened to Ana Walshe.

“When you have a case where you are missing what is referred to as the corpus delicti, or the body of the crime, it does sometimes make it a little harder for a jury to come back and understand, ‘wait a minute, what was the cause of death?’” Kaplan said.

“But again, as long as the prosecution team comes in with an overwhelming amount of circumstantial evidence and they're able to eliminate any possibility that Ana Walshe may have faked her own death or maybe she's hiding or maybe she fell off the grid," Kaplan said. "If it does rise to the level of being able to prove each and every point without a reasonable doubt, they're going to come back with a pre-meditated murder of his wife.”

[...]

1/11/23

CNN —
Brian Walshe, the husband of the missing Massachusetts mother Ana Walshe, was described as a “sociopath” and “not a trustworthy person” in affidavits filed during a legal dispute over his father’s estate, according to court documents.

Dr. Thomas Walshe, who headed the neurology division at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston for over a decade, died in 2018 in India, according to the documents, filed in Plymouth Probate and Family Court in Massachusetts.

“My Uncle’s Last Will and Testament confirms what he had told many people over the years that he did not want his son, Brian, to inherit anything from his Estate,” wrote Andrew Walshe, the estate’s executor and one of Dr. Walshe’s nephews, in a petition to the court.

“Brian is not only a sociopath but also a very angry and physically violent person,” Dr. Fred Pescatore, who said he was a longtime friend of Dr. Walshe, wrote in another affidavit.

[..]

In a will drafted in 2016, Dr. Walshe noted that he was not in contact with Brian, to whom he bequeathed only his “best wishes” and “nothing else” from his estate, according to photographs of the document attached to court documents. Instead, the doctor listed several of his nieces and nephews and his sister as beneficiaries.

However, Brian Walshe unsuccessfully contested the will and filed an affidavit of objections In November 2019, arguing that he was “one of only two legal heirs” to his father’s estate. He said his father’s health had been “very poor” when he signed what Brian described as a “suspect” will, and he suggested his father’s signature on the document was a “possible forgery.”

Three affidavits filed by family and friends in response suggest the relationship between father and son had been strained in the years preceding Dr. Walshe’s death and detail years of alleged swindling and manipulation.

An affidavit filed by Jeffrey Ornstein said he had been a close friend of Dr. Walshe for more than 35 years and noted that he and Brian had once lived together in an apartment in Manhattan.

“Brian is not a trustworthy person and his Affidavit is based on lies and misrepresentations,” Ornstein wrote.

“Brian had been a long term patient at Austen Riggs Center – Psychiatric hospital,” he wrote, and had been “diagnosed as a sociopath.”

JAN 20, 2023
[...]

Law&Crime legal analysts say there’s wiggle room in these kinds of cases. They said that while the state’s case for hiding the body appears strong, the defense has wiggle room to argue that Ana’s death was not murder as charged.

An autopsy is used to establish intent, said Julie Rendelman, a New York-based criminal defense lawyer and Law&Crime Network analyst without a connection to the Walshe case. In homicide cases, one of the most important witnesses is the medical examiner, she said.

“So you’re not going to have that here,” she said.

Brian Buckmire, a Brooklyn public defender and Law&Crime Network analyst without a connection to the Walshe case, had a similar take.

“The evidence is bad for Walshe,” he wrote us in an email. “It clearly looks like he disposed of his wife’s body. But maybe, maybe he could get up on the stand and give a reasonable explanation as to why he came across her, and instead of doing the reasonable thing we would all do — call the police — he instead decided to dispose of the body.”

[...]

JAN 20, 2023
[...]

Landry's traumatic experience occurred 23 years ago, when he heard two loud thuds during the night and woke up the next morning without his mom. His father told him, "Mommy took a little vacation."

"I know how this movie ends. I've seen this before," Landry told Fox News Digital. "It's a little different, but the plot is still the same. The protagonist, the antagonist are still the same. The hero is still the same with the kids. And I know what that journey is going to be."

It could be lifelong trauma and grieving that comes "in waves" as they get older, he said. It might hit them differently as adolescents than as teenagers and that could be different from when they're in their 20s and 30s, he said.

"As you're growing up, you start to think, if my father did this, am I capable of such things?" Landry said. "Not only do you think that internally, but the rest of the world looking at you thinks the same thing … Like I get you love this guy, daughter, but be careful because his father murdered his mom, and I get it, but that's a hard pill to swallow."

[...]

1/21/23

COHASSET, Mass. — Brian Walshe, the husband of Ana Walshe, has been charged with dismembering his wife with a hacksaw and disposing of her remains after using his son’s iPad to Google the best ways to get rid of a body, according to prosecutors.

Ana Walshe, a 39-year-old mother from Cohasset, vanished on New Year’s Day. In the days after her disappearance, Brian allegedly went online and made a slew of incriminating internet searches, including “10 ways to dispose of a dead body if you really need to.”

One day before Brian faced a judge on a charge of murder, Norfolk County District Attorney Michael Morrissey announced that investigators had obtained an arrest warrant for him for the murder of Ana. He was previously charged with misleading an investigation into her disappearance and has been held in jail since then.

Items linked to Ana’s disappearance were said to be found during a search of a transfer station in Peabody, including towels, rags, slippers, tape, a Tyvek suit, gloves, cleaning agents, carpets, rugs, Hunter boots, a Prada purse, a COVID 19 vaccine card in the name of Ana Walshe, a hacksaw, a hatchet and some cutting shears, according to prosecutors.

Brian Walshe told police Ana was supposed to take a rideshare to Logan Airport on New Year’s Day to fly to Washington, D.C., where she owns a home. Police said there is no evidence Ana got into a rideshare or that she boarded any flights.

A Cohasset Police log indicates that Ana’s employer, Tishman Speyer, contacted the police before Brian Walshe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back