MA MA - Ana Walshe, 39, regional general manager of a real estate company, Cohasset, 1 Jan 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested in reviewing her home's surveillance footage. I wonder if they've asked the husband for that. I'm sure he'd be eager to review it with them to look for anything unusual or at least determine when she actually left.

And why would the husband state that Ana "potentially" took rideshare to the airport if he was the last person to see her? Are we to assume she slipped out of the house without telling him, according to him?
She was going to the airport at 430a so it doesn't seem unreasonable that she would leave without waking him up, IMO.

"She's a loving and loyal wife and mother of three beautiful boys," said Alissa Kirby, a friend. "She loves her family, and I know in my heart, that of her choice, she would not go a day without speaking to her like husband and her kids."

... Happy New Year messages were never returned.

"That was the last text that went through. Everything else has not been delivered," said friend Abdulla Almutairi. "I found it a little funny because Ana is very active on Instagram. On her posts and stories. I didn't see a picture from her trip."

"Officially we realized yesterday (Wednesday) that she was missing. We suspected maybe something Tuesday," Kirby said.

According to Walshe's Facebook page, she speaks English, Spanish, Serbian, and French.

Cohasset is an affluent seaside town. There should be no shortage of camera surveillance. It will be interesting to hear if there is a large life insurance policy on Ana and who the benificiary(ies) might be. It will also be interesting to hear if any of Ana's friends say she expressed any fear <modsnip> Hopefully she just needed a mental health break and will be home with her children soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting that they have already had k-9's at the house and adjacent property but are going to revisit again with k-9"s
I believe he said later today. My hope is that her firends and family are at the house keeping an eye on the situation and those kids JIMO

Last edited:
Well, personally, I am not that hopeful about the potential outcome here. We've seen similar stories play out over and over again with the same result. I truly hope I am wrong.
@Kittybunny given the info we have so far I think your are right on the money unfortunately. Terrible situation fo those beautiful children -

Notes from the Press Conference:

She's been missing since early morning hours of the first of the year. She hasn't been heard from.

This point it's a missing person's investigation. Nothing to support any suspicious or criminal.

She was last seen at her house on the first of the year, approx. 4-5am. She was reported missing Wednesday from her employer as well as her husband.

Reported that she took a rideshare from her home to Logan airport. They are in contact with the rideshare companies, but they haven't been able to confirm that she actually got in one. But sometimes they go offline, and drive privately.

They have confirmed with ALL airlines that she didn't get on a plane.

They are looking everywhere for her (when asked if she is being looked for in other states)

Her husband and her family are being cooperative. Her friends and company have also been cooperative.

It's reported that she had her bags with her. The cell phone has been off since about the first of the year.

They have information that she left around 4am, but no video.

She does have a vehicle that she leaves in DC. Washington Metro PD have searched the townhouse in DC and she isn't there.

Her husband was sleeping when she left the house. But there was a family member who saw her leave.

They aren't sure why they took so long to report her. But it's not unusual for her to work long hours and not contact home right away.

There were some questions about the husband's legal history but they didn't want to address that.

Her three kids range in age from 2 to 6.

They are still looking at digital evidence (ring cams), but as of right now that has turned up nothing.

They have conducted a K9 search at the house and in the adjacent area.

She had a ticket booked on the third, but there was a problem with a property that she manages so she was trying to get there earlier.

So apparently there was someone in the home who saw her leave - one of the kids?

That points away from the husband if true.
That was my first thought as well, until I considered the time she supposedly left (4-5am), and the ages of the kids (2-6 years old).

She went missing in the early morning hours of Sunday 01.01 but was not reported missing until Tuesday, 01.03.
No record of an uber/etc., and no record of her boarding a flight.
Also, her phone has been off since the 1st.

I'm looking closer to home.

jmo

I suspect with their income and her work schedule they probably have a live-in nanny. Of course, that could open up a whole new can of worms, <modsnip - off limits>Anyone who works for them could be intimidated not to speak up when they see something wrong. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
When the authorities said they are checking rideshares but haven't been able to confirm anything yet, it reminded me of something I knew from one of my family members who drove as a rideshare operator for awhile - sometimes the drivers turn off the app and provide the ride "privately" so they can be paid in cash on the spot. And, sometimes passengers ask the driver to provide a ride outside of the app - if, say, they changed their mind about exactly where they needed to be dropped off, or if they wanted to pay a different rate than what the app was giving. It is also common among the rideshare drivers to "drive"for multiple providers at one time. Taking rides from both Lyft and Uber at the same time, choosing the most favorable fares.

I agree that it is likely she would want to expense the ride, so this may not apply to her situation. But some different rideshare practices are definitely in place among people who provide rides or take rides frequently, and this may be impacting how easily LE can track down her movements. All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee