Still Missing MA - Ana Walshe, 39, allegedly left home, may have been dismembered, Cohasset, Jan 2023 *husband indicted* #4

RSBM

I agree with you. I wanted that red book to be a Serbian passport but it doesn't look the right size and color.

If BW was under home confinement pre-sentencing I think it is likely he had to give up his passport back in 2021 when he pled guilty on the fraud charges in federal court. A seemingly affluent person who stole the Warhols in Korea and sold some forgeries in France (after he sold the forgeries to the dealer in California) with a wife and maybe a mother with dual citizenship is surely a flight risk.

You more rational people have convinced me the passports on the table are almost certainly meaningless. The picture of the passports is taken after at least 2 searches of the house so as likely as anything else the crime scene team found them, photographed them for evidence, and simply left them out.
LOL, you make me laugh @Seattle1 … hahaha - “You more rational people have convinced me that the passports on the table are almost certainly meaningless.” I’m laughing because I totally relate… I’m always looking for the deeper meaning, and when I was reading the first portion of your post, which was your original thinking, I’m sitting here nodding my head going, “yep, yep!” … hahaha. To lend credence to your final conclusion in this post, that sometimes things really are as simple as they seem… it’s true… BUT, don’t ever stop thinking those other thoughts of yours also, because sometimes things are NOT as simple as they seem and the world needs brains like yours, too! :)

LOL, you make me laugh @Seattle1 … hahaha - “You more rational people have convinced me that the passports on the table are almost certainly meaningless.” I’m laughing because I totally relate… I’m always looking for the deeper meaning, and when I was reading the first portion of your post, which was your original thinking, I’m sitting here nodding my head going, “yep, yep!” … hahaha. To lend credence to your final conclusion in this post, that sometimes things really are as simple as they seem… it’s true… BUT, don’t ever stop thinking those other thoughts of yours also, because sometimes things are NOT as simple as they seem and the world needs brains like yours, too! :)

1674353329242.png

HOW MUCH MURDER TRIAL EXPERIENCE?

@mynoyb Yes, the website's "Practice Areas" tab shows many facets of "Federal and State Criminal Defense" work, particularly white collar and health care fraud, and specifically includes "homicide."

But I don't get a firm sense of how many homicide cases the firm has actually taken thru TRIAL.

"Representative Matters" shows "favorable plea agreement made for "client charged with RICO conspiracy with a first degree murder predicate." *
In this tab, I don't see other references to murder or homicide charges but may be overlooking them.

"Attorneys" tab w Tracy Miner shows: "She has obtained acquittals or a defense verdict in ten of her last thirteen trials." So that includes civil trials too.

ETA: I'm not commenting or making judgments about whether the law firm or a particular atty would/would not rep. BW successfully at trial. Imo looks like extensive history of crim def work in areas other than dom-vio homicides.
imo
Honestly, you never know. I think it depends. I have an awesome attorney who represented me in a pretty huge civil matter, but someone referred me to him… and from the perspective of perusing his firm’s website, and his bio specifically, where it elaborates upon his specialties and specific (typical) areas of practice, you would never think he would be the guy for the job, but I trusted my friend and my attorney turned out to be wildly effective. Beyond impressive honestly… so much so that ever since, I have had several friends hire him for various issues of their own and he hasn’t lost a single one of their cases, either. I have had other friends contact him though, and he has just been completely honest with them and said I’ll take your case if you really want me, but I know another attorney that would be even better… and he referred them to colleagues at other firms he knew and trusted… and none of those attorneys have ever lost any of my friends’ cases, either. He works for a pretty prestigious law firm, and what I learned was that partners at prestigious law firms have lots of colleagues who are partners at OTHER prestigious law firms that they can refer you to, if that’s what’s in your best interest. (and let me clarify real quick when I say “prestigious”, that doesn’t necessarily equate to “expensive”, it means EFFECTIVE… as in, firms that are well-respected, employ adept attorneys, and rarely lose their cases). I think the key is finding an attorney who is honest enough to tell you that while sure, they can help you, you would be even BETTER served by a specific colleague they know, who may have the potential to achieve an even more favorable outcome… even if that colleague is with a different firm, which means the referring firm doesn’t get the business… But then again… and I’m truly thinking out loud as I’m writing this… I guess the whole thing sort of works out quid pro quo in the end, assuming those other firms do the same. All I know about BW’s defense attorney is that she is highly regarded and is said to be a pretty darn competent lawyer… If she chooses to stay on the case, I would think that it is because she is competent enough to do so, or perhaps they hire another attorney to assist her who has the experience that she lacks in the homicide department. Just guessing… BW seems pretty attached to her, and judging by the statements she’s made about the case thus far, it doesn’t sound like she’s going anywhere.

Last edited:

1/21/23

COHASSET, Mass. — Brian Walshe, the husband of Ana Walshe, has been charged with dismembering his wife with a hacksaw and disposing of her remains after using his son’s iPad to Google the best ways to get rid of a body, according to prosecutors.

Ana Walshe, a 39-year-old mother from Cohasset, vanished on New Year’s Day. In the days after her disappearance, Brian allegedly went online and made a slew of incriminating internet searches, including “10 ways to dispose of a dead body if you really need to.”

One day before Brian faced a judge on a charge of murder, Norfolk County District Attorney Michael Morrissey announced that investigators had obtained an arrest warrant for him for the murder of Ana. He was previously charged with misleading an investigation into her disappearance and has been held in jail since then.

Items linked to Ana’s disappearance were said to be found during a search of a transfer station in Peabody, including towels, rags, slippers, tape, a Tyvek suit, gloves, cleaning agents, carpets, rugs, Hunter boots, a Prada purse, a COVID 19 vaccine card in the name of Ana Walshe, a hacksaw, a hatchet and some cutting shears, according to prosecutors.

Brian Walshe told police Ana was supposed to take a rideshare to Logan Airport on New Year’s Day to fly to Washington, D.C., where she owns a home. Police said there is no evidence Ana got into a rideshare or that she boarded any flights.

A Cohasset Police log indicates that Ana’s employer, Tishman Speyer, contacted the police before Brian Walshe.
I wonder how long of a prison sentence this charge comes with an addition to all the other charges… MOO, the only satisfactory outcome for me is that this guy goes to jail for the rest of his natural life.

This is what it looks like when someone is in the first stage of grief: denial.

Next in the five stages of grief should be anger. Poor woman.
Yep, but the five stages don’t always happen in the same order though, and sometimes you go through one and think its over, only to regress and have to go through it again after processing a different stage. Sadly, nothing about grief is guaranteed to make sense or be linear… which makes it even worse, IMO.

Last edited:
Do we know more about the incident, that occurred before AW married BW, in which AW told Washington DC police that he threatened to kill her and her friends?

That situation really sticks out in my mind for fairly obvious reasons. I would like to know about the context in which he is said to have made the threat. I would also like to know how she decided not to pursue charges against him.

After all of that occurred, did she tell herself that she misunderstood the event somehow? Or that she had misunderstood him?

Do we know more about the incident, that occurred before AW married BW, in which AW told Washington DC police that he threatened to kill her and her friends?

That situation really sticks out in my mind for fairly obvious reasons. I would like to know about the context in which he is said to have made the threat. I would also like to know how she decided not to pursue charges against him.

After all of that occurred, did she tell herself that she misunderstood the event somehow? Or that she had misunderstood him?
I haven’t been able to uncover any further details about this either… I don’t know if we’ll ever find out anything more being that Ana chose not to pursue any charges. At that point, I don’t think there’s a lot police can do in terms of obtaining follow-up details.

I just had another thought though… Wasn’t this report initially made via Ana calling 911? If so, maybe the actual recording could lend further details into the incident?

I haven’t been able to uncover any further details about this either… I don’t know if we’ll ever find out anything more being that Ana chose not to pursue any charges. At that point, I don’t think there’s a lot police can do in terms of obtaining follow-up details.

I just had another thought though… Wasn’t this report initially made via Ana calling 911? If so, maybe the actual recording could lend further details into the incident?
I have probably been reading too much true crime but it seems likely to me BW did not just threaten to kill AW and her friend out of the blue and then she got over it. I think it is more likely he was pushing boundaries to "groom" her into the long con.

"What is Adult Grooming?

It’s a gradual process. The abuser picks their target, build up trust, and the actual abuse, which is usually sexual or financial, doesn’t come until much later."

I have probably been reading too much true crime but it seems likely to me BW did not just threaten to kill AW and her friend out of the blue and then she got over it. I think it is more likely he was pushing boundaries to "groom" her into the long con.

"What is Adult Grooming?

It’s a gradual process. The abuser picks their target, build up trust, and the actual abuse, which is usually sexual or financial, doesn’t come until much later."
Good point on this. I see no reason why this couldn’t be plausible… it goes with the whole narcissist/sociopath/straight-up disturbed human being thing…

Your post made me think of something else though… He threatened to kill Ana AND her friend… perhaps the friend will speak up at some point and we may learn more that way.

Interesting. Wouldn't that be a twist! :eek:

Noting:

Walshe was on house arrest and pre-sentencing probation for selling fake Andy Warhol paintings, and was being investigated for allegedly destroying his father's will and stealing from it.

"I don't think the feds have dropped this and are watching this case closely," Amendola told Fox News Digital Wednesday night. "It all depends on what his motive was. If he killed her, assuming he did kill her, because she knew something about the art scam or his father's will and he wanted to keep her from talking, that becomes a federal matter."

There are no federal murder charges; it has to be a killing in connection with another federal crime, such as a racketeering, or in this hypothetical situation, witness tampering, which is punishable by life in prison and eligible for the death penalty.

Noting:

Walshe was on house arrest and pre-sentencing probation for selling fake Andy Warhol paintings, and was being investigated for allegedly destroying his father's will and stealing from it.

"I don't think the feds have dropped this and are watching this case closely," Amendola told Fox News Digital Wednesday night. "It all depends on what his motive was. If he killed her, assuming he did kill her, because she knew something about the art scam or his father's will and he wanted to keep her from talking, that becomes a federal matter."

There are no federal murder charges; it has to be a killing in connection with another federal crime, such as a racketeering, or in this hypothetical situation, witness tampering, which is punishable by life in prison and eligible for the death penalty.
This most certainly is promising

I wonder how long of a prison sentence this charge comes with an addition to all the other charges… MOO, the only satisfactory outcome for me is that this guy goes to jail for the rest of his natural life.
Is it up to the judge to say what evidence past or present is allowed in trial? I know we are supposed to say innocent until proven guilty, but it looks like that only he and the boys were in the house after 1:30 am with Ana, and we know she didn't hurt herself. He's on video buying supplies, going to the dumpsters, in one , 10 bags of evidence was found, including the items Ana owned, mixed with the items he bought at Home Depot. Strong circumstantial case. Does anyone think he kept the rock? I'm shocked he let a high end purse go.

Is it up to the judge to say what evidence past or present is allowed in trial? I know we are supposed to say innocent until proven guilty, but it looks like that only he and the boys were in the house after 1:30 am with Ana, and we know she didn't hurt herself. He's on video buying supplies, going to the dumpsters, in one , 10 bags of evidence was found, including the items Ana owned, mixed with the items he bought at Home Depot. Strong circumstantial case. Does anyone think he kept the rock? I'm shocked he let a high end purse go.
Yes, the defense will file motions to prevent certain evidence from being used at trial and a judge will rule on those motions to either allow or suppress the evidence. MOO

This isn't Massachusetts but here's a recent example from a case I'm following:

Noting:

BW was on home confinement, a condition of his bail release, pending imposition or execution of his federal sentence for art theft/wire fraud when he allegedly committed murder!

Additionally, also while on bail release, BW was under investigation for committing perjury when he omitted assets from his financial statement submitted to the court for the purpose of calculating restitution, and under investigation for committing another felony theft against his father's estate, each subject to future indictments and new criminal charges.

Generally, the consequences of committing another crime while on bail release in both federal and state courts, seriously impact the offender's sentence. IMO, I had little doubt that BW would escape prison after being charged with the new offenses and expected him to be indicted any day now when he killed Ana.

I think Ana was expecting BW about to be indicted too (and his bail revoked). MOO

The purse was probably too risky. Had her DNA all over it, and at best it’s only worth a couple of grand, if that, depending on its condition. As for the ring, I’m not entirely convinced that the rock was an authentic diamond… BW is a real shyster… so I wouldn’t put giving his fiancé a faux diamond past him… Heck, I really can’t think of anything I wouldn’t put past this guy… all just MOO, of course.

Last edited:

"What is Adult Grooming?

Interesting. I don't perceive Ana to be this kind of victim. She doesn't appear to me to fit the profile of this kind of victim (although he seems like this kind of con would be an MO of his).

I think a domestic violence profile is more likely. Someone here suggested he was a "love bomber." She put up with A LOT for a LONG TIME. She had kids with him - a bond that ties even people who divorce & otherwise lead separate lives.

This isn't spot on but gives some insight IMO:

I think Ana was going to leave him. I'm sorry he took that choice away from her. Does he care? No. He never did.

Just my 2 cents

Is there some recent news in this case that suggests BW has been involved with another woman? Ugh. This case, especially the text messages read at yesterday’s hearing, conjures up enough sickening images. Another one isn’t needed.
I would think that if BW was/is involved with another woman, emails and texts between them would have been found. He's not smart enough to have covered his tracks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back