Still Missing MA - Ana Walshe, 39, allegedly left home, may have been dismembered, Cohasset, Jan 2023 *husband indicted* #4

But surely she could have got just as good a job in Boston as in Washington?
I've asked myself the same question, and am guessing that perhaps as she had lived in that area previously and was familiar with it, and assuming she liked it, it was a great way for her to get their children away<modsnip - not victim friendly>, assuming she felt Brian would be doing jail time soon. But surely Brian would have suspected that when she purchased the DC house (was it Feb 2022?)? I wonder if they began arguing back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her existing employer does business in Boston, so conceivably, if the opportunity presented itself and she wanted to, she could probably work from Boston… But that’s the thing, I don’t think she wanted to stay there, DC was her first love, it’s where she moved to when she moved to the United States and she has tons of super sentimental Instagram posts about loving it there, saying DC was “where it all started”, referring to The Inn at Little Washington… but beyond that, beyond the fact that she seemed to love DC, if I were her I would certainly welcome a few states distance between BW and myself and kids. That would be my main motivation, but that’s JMO.

Right here on the main page of Tishman Speyer’s website it says they do business all over the world, and actually specifies Boston. Tishman Speyer | Real Estate

Here’s a screenshot:
81D99D6D-F1AB-429B-AE4E-04136705F456.jpeg

Last edited:
JAN 21 updated JAN 22, 2023

How the Brian Walshe murder trial could play out

There’s one piece of evidence that prosecutors can’t use in their case against Brian Walshe for the murder of his wife, Ana Walshe: her body.

But trying a murder case without a body has been a high-profile highlight of three successive Norfolk County District Attorneys. The previous cases resulted in, first, a plea deal admitting manslaughter and, second, a murder conviction.

[...]

Those cases are from an earlier age, and “forensics has evolved so much” in the intervening years that DNA sourced from materials, “maybe it comes from an internal organ or some tissue” that couldn’t have been present on items from some external cut, “could become a strong proxy for not having an actual body,” said Christopher Dearborn, a clinical law professor at Suffolk University Law School.

[...]

Readers were captivated by the story of Robin Benedict, the “Missing Beauty” who worked Boston’s Combat Zone red-light district under the name “Nadine,” who vanished from professor Douglas’ home on March 5, 1983. Her body was never found.

[...]

... Douglas, then 41, lured her to his Sharon home and bludgeoned her to death with a sledgehammer and then stashed her body in a dumpster at a Providence mall. She was only 21 years old.

Douglas pled down to manslaughter on April 27, 1984.

[...]

Katherine Romano vanished after leaving her work on Boston’s Big Dig on Sept. 27, 1998, under the tenure of Norfolk DA William Keating.

Her murder at the hands of her husband, Joseph Romano, who would then dismember her body with a borrowed saw would be the first murder conviction in Massachusetts without a body.

The jury didn’t buy Joseph Romano’s defense, that his wife was killed by drug dealers to whom she owed money, especially after the powerful evidence that bits of his wife’s bone, muscle and other tissue were found on the saw he borrowed from a neighbor and the blood found in the couple’s home.

(Romano was convicted of second-degree murder.)

I can't pretend to be in Ana's head, to know whether she'd been physically abused by her husband, to know whether she was scared. I can only say what my own experience tells me: as the daughter of a white collar criminal, who was charming and manipulative, and a mother who only started to realize the reality of our lives, perhaps Ana's instincts as a mother kicked in and she knew one thing, protecting her children was the priority.

My mom knew my dad was going to prison for fraud and she knew she needed to move where we were far away from my dad and where she had a support system. In our case, we moved back near family, in Ana's case, she got a job in a city she loved and planned to live there with her children after her husband was in prison. BW was going to prison for a long time for the various fraud cases, and Ana knew it. We were lucky, my dad was never an angry, violent man, we weren't in danger when Mom moved us half way across the country. Did Ana realize near the end that she was in danger from her husband? Maybe, maybe not. But I think she was determined to protect her children, to give them as normal of a life as possible when your dad's in prison, so she risked it...for her boys.

Possibly. But she had a life in DC before meeting/marrying BW, and I think she had more opportunities there. And I also think she was trying to build a future for herself and her children without BW -- whether because he'd be incarcerated or because she wanted out of the marriage. MOO

Wondering if I have this detail correct. BW and AW's DNA was found on a Tyvek suit during the search of dumpsters in Swampscott and Peabody, MA where BW was seen on Jan 1. On Jan 2 he buys another Tyvek suit at Home Depot. The second Tyvek suit was not the one found on the North Shore in Peabody with the DNA on it.

So BW had a Tyvek suit in his rental house before January 1. Why? What are the circumstances that a guy who specializes in art fraud who is under house arrest taking care of his children in a house he doesn't own so has no reason to be working on has a Tyvek suit in his possession? I hope this is premeditation.

Wondering if I have this detail correct. BW and AW's DNA was found on a Tyvek suit during the search of dumpsters in Swampscott and Peabody, MA where BW was seen on Jan 1. On Jan 2 he buys another Tyvek suit at Home Depot. The second Tyvek suit was not the one found on the North Shore in Peabody with the DNA on it.

So BW had a Tyvek suit in his rental house before January 1. Why? What are the circumstances that a guy who specializes in art fraud who is under house arrest taking care of his children in a house he doesn't own so has no reason to be working on has a Tyvek suit in his possession? I hope this is premeditation.
My understanding is that he bought the Tyvek suit on the 2nd and it was found in one the 10 bags he disposed of on the 5th. MOO

January 2, 2023

12:45 p.m. - 1:14 p.m.: Brian Walshe searches whether a hacksaw is the "best tool to dismember" and whether someone can be charged with murder if there's no body. He also searches "Can you identify a body with broken teeth?"

Following the Google searches, Brian Walshe was seen on surveillance at the Home Depot in Rockland, where he proceeded to buy $450 worth of cleaning supplies with cash. Items in his cart, which he pushed while wearing gloves and wearing a face mask, included mops, brushes, tape, a Tyvek suit with boot covers, buckets, goggles, baking soda, and a hatchet.

January 5, 2023

8 a.m.: Brian Walshe travels to daycare and then to Scampscott, where his mom lives.

9:30 a.m.: Cellphone data shows Brian Walshe circling his mother's apartment complex and stopping at the southeast corner, where there's a dumpster. The dumpster was later searched and investigators found 10 bags containing many bloodied items and some of the clothing items Ana Walshe was last seen wearing. Some of the items also had both Ana and Brian Walshe's DNA on them.

I've been afraid to ask this, but here goes...

What is meant by "plastic grinders from Home Depot?" I have googled and get all sorts of possibilities. :oops::(

Prosecutors said that a bloody knife was also found in the Walshe's basement, along with a second knife. They also said that a heavy duty large tarp and plastic grinders from Home Depot were found.

I've been afraid to ask this, but here goes...

What is meant by "plastic grinders from Home Depot?" I have googled and get all sorts of possibilities. :oops::(

Prosecutors said that a bloody knife was also found in the Walshe's basement, along with a second knife. They also said that a heavy duty large tarp and plastic grinders from Home Depot were found.
Oh my... :oops:

I get both a shredder/grinder for plastic bottles (for recycling), and also a small power tool --grinders are capable of cutting through stone and concrete. They can also be used for cutting paving slabs down to size before they are laid. Take your pick.

Last edited:
Admissibility of Evidence. Up to the Judge?
Is it up to the judge to say what evidence past or present is allowed in trial....
Snipped to focus on your general question. @blackbeary
Well, largely determined by MA. rules of evidence, which may be further interpreted by the trial court as to what is admissible in court.
Both the atty for the Commonwealth of MA. and the criminal defendant's atty may make a motion to object to the other side offering certain evidence. Some of these issues may arise at pre-trial hearings, others during trial.

FYI, FILE under FUN FACTS.
The 2022 edition of "MASSACHUSETTS GUIDE TO EVIDENCE" runs 573 pages, so a hard copy is heavy reading. (Where is the groan emoji for puns?)

Following the Google searches, Brian Walshe was seen on surveillance at the Home Depot in Rockland, where he proceeded to buy $450 worth of cleaning supplies with cash. Items in his cart, which he pushed while wearing gloves and wearing a face mask, included mops, brushes, tape, a Tyvek suit with boot covers, buckets, goggles, baking soda, and a hatchet.
I presume that $450 was put on Ana's account? She certainly did pay twice.:(

Grinders? Dismemberment?
@Seattle1 @PommyMommy
If not for described as a "plastic" grinder, I'd say this is most likely.
Even w "plastic" in description, still possible?
I've seen a couple of this type ^ used to cut two inch thick flagstones, iron plumbing pipe, very dense woods pieces. Often called angle grinder, but I don't see angle.

Angle grinder - Wikipedia. Like many in the Home Depot link.
Doubtful the rented house had a workbench in basement, and this type does not need to be bolted onto a workbench, a plus for BW.

One of these could easily have been $100 or more of the $400 plus purchase at Home Depot.

D a m n, this is horrific. Not just imo.

Did you see the video of him being taken into custody?? It felt like a red carpet to him
This turns my stomach. All of it. The searches. Ugh. Ana dedicated and gave her life to him. She used her body to do the most high thing, she had his children. How can he just discard her literally like garbage. Ana, you deserved so much better than this. The arrogance of him. He decided his life his wants were more important than their kids, her family, and everyone else's needs. It was only about him. He is pathetic. The worst. If I was Ana's friends I'd be kicking holes in walls. I'm guessing they are. This is all so tragic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back