MA MA - Angelo 'Andy' Puglisi, 10, Lawrence, 21 Aug 1976

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by smile22, May 16, 2004.

1. ihadcabinfever

ihadcabinfever New Member

I watched this with my sister today. It's heartbreaking .
    The interview with Chapman is very disturbing . This guy is probably one of the most evil people you will ever hear .

I think he's the bad guy here.

2. LisainWV

LisainWV New Member

I've looked at this site before.

Where is this documentary being aired?

There is no info about that on the site...

3. ihadcabinfever

ihadcabinfever New Member

It's on Cinemax. I asked my sister to save it on her TiVo thing.

We were watching this while her kids were packing for vacation and I didn't think my nephew was listening . He says at the end "So Did they ever find the dog?" OMG!!!! I don't know what was more disturbing. My sister and I just looked at eachother.:slap:

4. rpipergirl

rpipergirl proud owner Kidmissing

My friend recorded it for me as I don't have MAX either. It was very well done. It left a lot of questions? Ithink that was the idea.

5. anthrobones

anthrobones New Member

Who are these other children?

6. Rle7

Rle7 Active Member

It took Faith Puglisi of Fountain, Colorado, 30 years to come to the conclusion that her missing son most likely was murdered. Ten-year-old Angelo "Andy" Puglisi disappeared August 21, 1976, from Higgins Memorial Pool in Lawrence, about 100 yards from his front door. Several investigators and family members interviewed for last year's Cinemax documentary Have You Seen Andy? by Medford filmmaker Melanie Perkins are convinced he was stalked and abducted by a sexual predator or predators working in concert. (The case remains unsolved.) "Every now and then, I go into that room that is Andy's room in my heart, where I keep all the information and all the emotions about him," says Puglisi, a 58-year-old pediatric nurse who says she copes by compartmentalizing. "When that door pops open - and I'm starting to connect with all this emotion - there's always that risk I'm going to lose it. A lot of times, I have to slam that door shut."

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/magazine/articles/2008/02/03/return_to_me/?page=5

7. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

Angelo Gene Puglisi
    Missing since August 21, 1976 from Lawrence, Essex County, Massachusetts.
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: September 2, 1965
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 10 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0; 65 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Puglisi has three scars along his spine; he also has a skin discoloration on his chest.
    Nickname: Andy
    Medical Conditions: Puglisi is mildly epileptic.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Puglisi was last seen swimming in a public swimming pool, approximately 100 yards from his family's Lawrence, Massachusetts home on August 21, 1976.

A suspect confessed to two abductions in the New England area during the 1970's; one was the disappearance of Janice Pockett, who was apparently abducted from Tolland, Connecticut in 1973. The other abduction was that of an unidentified boy from Lawrence, Massachusetts -- whom many believe to be Puglisi.

The suspect claimed that he buried the unidentified boy in a grave near Pockett's supposed grave; these graves have never been discovered. The suspect told police that he abducted the boy believed to be Puglisi under the guise of taking him fishing.

Puglisi's mother informed authorities that her son called home at approximately 3:30 PM on the day he disappeared. She said that one of his brothers spoke to him and the conversation gave no indication that anything was amiss at that time. A lifeguard claimed he saw Puglisi wandering around the pool area at 5:45 PM; the child then disappeared.

Two excavations took place in two areas near Lawrence in 1999, both of them with the intention of searching for Puglisi's body. He was never located. Puglisi's childhood friend, Melanie Perkins, is now a filmmaker and is producing a documentary on the search for Puglisi.

Investigators
    If you have information concerning Puglisi's case, please contact:

Lawrence Police Department
    978-794-5925
    OR
    978-794-5900
    All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

NCIC Number: M-098921891
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
    The Boston Globe On-Line
    Have You Seen Andy?
    CBS 4 11/3/06
    The Doe Network: Case File 69DMMA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/69dmma.html

8. watermelonlady

watermelonlady New Member

bumping for Andy

9. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.wcvb.com/news/new-search-for-missing-lawrence-boy-after-38-years/28107544

10. STANDREID

STANDREID A slacker when slacker wasn't cool

Did he go to the pool dressed to swim or did he change when he got there? If he did the latter then I can imagine him being attacked in the change/shower room when he was getting ready to leave. Even if he did not change there, he could have also been attacked if he went to use the restroom. I wonder if those places were thoroughly checked for evidence.

Xzylnz likes this.
  11. missacorah

missacorah New Member

A mention of Andy here with more at the link

Chapman's sex offenses against children stretch back to the 1960's, and according to previous testimony in other cases, the actual number of victims could reach up to a hundred.
    Chapman has long been suspected in the disappearance of 10-year-old Andy Puglisi from a Lawrence swimming pool in 1976. Andy's body has never been found.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/convicted-rapist-to-remain-locked-up-/29338224

12. TedMac

TedMac Well-Known Member

http://www.lex18.com/story/32801093/lee-co-man-remembers-missing-boy

''Johnny Range says he was living on a military base back in 1976 when 10-year-old Andy Puglisi went missing from a public swimming pool in Lawrence, Massachusettes.
    Range told LEX 18 that something about the case struck a nerve with him, which is why he devoted several days to helping with the search.

“I just don't like to see kids hurt. To me you can't sink any lower than to hurt a kid,” said Range.
    In the past 40 years, not much has turned up.
    Investigators say that Pugsli was possibly spotted walking with a man into the nearby woods."

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=disappearance of andy puglisi

13. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

http://www.eagletribune.com/news/mi...cle_8fda5ecf-6e10-568f-bd93-a98a952d7d1e.html

14. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member

https://www.facebook.com/MassStatePolice/posts/1086786451405337

15. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

16. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

Bumping for Andy,

I suspect that WC is guilty of murdering him.

Satch

17. DAnthrplgst

DAnthrplgst Active Member

I agree. I haven't seen the docu in ages, in fact I might still have it saved on my computer, need to check. But anyway, I came away from the docu thinking the same thing "that creep killed that beautiful child and left him in the woods." I remember at the end of the docu they did a search using ground penetrating radar and they found some anomalies in the scan that indicated a possible burial, the scans were sent to MA State Police for possible digs and the MA State Police said they didn't have any money to dig in the spots. I was absolutely disgusted, how could you not dig and check if he's there. They seemed very nonchalant and disinterested in actually finding that boy. Made me very suspicious, why would the state police want to keep this child missing?

18. BattlestarGeek

BattlestarGeek New Member

Bumping for Andy

19. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Bumping for Andy, here is a recent article about Wayne Chapman, who was set to be released. From the article:

"Chapman was also considered a suspect in the disappearance of a 10-year-old Lawrence boy. Angelo "Andy" Puglisi vanished from a public swimming pool in 1976. Chapman was never charged"

Convicted child rapist accused of lewd acts in prison, DOC says

20. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola Miami-Dade Jane Doe - 1979

JerseyGirl and Steleheart like this.