MA - Baby left in car seat on strangers steps, Springfield, Mar 2023

wow, what a strong little one to have survived. Hoping baby makes full recovery. Safe Havens only work if people make use of such opportunities. There was no reason this baby had to suffer as it did. I hope they find who is responsible.

rbbm.
1679590787204.png
''A newborn baby was found abandoned on a doorstep on Entrybrook Drive in Springfield, Massachusetts, police said. It had been left in the cold for two days. View Image from Oct. 2015 © 2023 Google''

“I looked at the baby’s eyes. All you could see was they were swollen from crying so much,” Juliannys Aviles told the outlet. “It was just so devastating. It just broke my heart into pieces.”

“The newborn had significant medical issues when he was located, but thus far the recovery has been positive, although it will likely be a long road ahead,” Walsh said. The family who found him intends to foster the newborn, according to WBZ. “We saved his life he was meant for us...He was meant to be with us,” Aviles told the outlet. Police say they are searching for the infant’s mother, who may also need medical attention. The Safe Haven Act of Massachusetts, passed in 2004, permits parents to leave newborns at police stations, fire stations or hospitals up to a week after the child’s birth without facing repercussions, so long as there are no signs of abuse or neglect.''

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article273450010.html#storylink=cpy

Wonder how long this family has lived in the house.

Did the mother know this family, or a family who lived there previously, and thought the baby was in a safe place?

iirc, the article states there are children -- did the mother baby-sit for them? Know them in another capacity?

Nice to think that the birth mom left the baby with a caring family.

Entrybrook Drive is right up against the East Longmeadow town line at the edge of a less dense part of Springfield. I wonder if the birth-mother labored in Forest Park and left baby on a quiet-seeming street.

WS has threads and threads of precious babies murdered by (one of) their parents. Even if mom didn't go to a Safe Haven and little one has a tough road ahead, I'm thankful mom placed baby where he would be found. And in a car seat even. Prayers for mom and babe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back