MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Digitally reconstructed images of the leggings and blanket are depicted above. "

They reconstructed the images to make it look they way it would have to someone who remembers her. Why are we looking for stains?

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/ncmu/1250459

I apologize. I read on FB someone saying they talked to LE and that the pics were of the actual clothing. I had originally asked if anyone knew if that were true or not. Thank you for info, now I know for sure.

Just because the police haven't released any info on her panties doesn't mean she didn't have any on. I've never known a child to be identified by their panties before.

I understand that whether she had them on or not COULD be relevant to her cause of death. However, it is not really relevant to identifying her, which is the main focus at this time.

It's just sickening, to start searching on this sweet little one and bringing into perspective just how many little ones are missing (no matter the reason)! So sad, and of course that doesn't even speak for the ones who aren't reported etc.

I teach Kindergarten and I can say firsthand that while the vast majority of kids have differences that set them apart from one child to the next, there are those kids you look at and go are you so and so's sibling, most of the time they aren't and have no clue who I am referring to. This angel has that "familiar" face. Imo. I truly can't believe it's gone on this long, and the sad part is that we will most likely be waiting longer for her to get her name back.

Edited to add: working closely with the 5-6 year old kids, I can say she doesn't appear to be in that age bracket. I would think 3 perhaps just turning 4. MOO

It looks like someone said they were calling in a tip about Emili. Brazil speaks mostly Portuguese. It's similar enough to Spanish that i can tell her dad was involved with some really bad people and they seem to have taken the poor little girl after killing dad.

Some illegals will go from south America to Mexico and then into the US so it would not be overly surprising for baby doe to be south american.

People on Facebook are bringing up this missing little Brazilian girl named Emili

http://anoticia.clicrbs.com.br/sc/g...ilia-de-emili-em-desaparecimento-4740647.html

She does look similar. Unfortunately baby doe has a common face. I've mentioned previously that I have young girls (5 and under) so I'm always out and about at parks, play dates, dance classes, kid stores, tumbling, mommy and me class, reading time at the library, you name it! I've seen hundreds of young girls who could be baby doe, brown hair, brown eyes, chubby baby cheeks and a button nose is hardly "unique". I even own those polka dot leggings for my oldest.

I have loads of friends with girls that match the description and I'm sure everyone here reading does as well. Make note next time you (general you) go to the grocery store or park or out for dinner. You will see this face.

I think it will take a while for someone to notice this child is missing. Maybe a grandma or neighbor will think "hey, I haven't seen baby girl in a few weeks. Couldn't be the dead child though, no way." Eventually someone will report this child missing, no one wants to believe this could happen to someone they know and/or love.

I firmly believe this is similar to Casey Anthony. I believe the main care taker did something terrible and is making up stories about where the girl is. Eventually someone will say something to LE.

I don't think this was a child being held for years. I don't think this is a LISK victim. I don't think this is a child of an immigrant, scared to come forward who peacefully buried her baby at sea. I think a caretaker murdered or neglected this baby and is buying time until someone notices.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone here familiar with the foster system? If a child goes into a foster care family home how often is that child physically check up on?

Anyone here familiar with the foster system? If a child goes into a foster care family home how often is that child physically check up on?

I can only speak for Missouri, but when we have had a child in foster care (as a teacher) we see the social worker once or twice at the most. According to the foster parents they only see them on rare occasions, unless there are changes about to happen with the case. But overall it isn't a routine here. Like I said ideally they would check in monthly, but the case load is simply to much to do so.

I'm sitting here, rocking my youngest down for a nap and realizing how blessed I am. How lucky my girls are. How sheltered my family is. How bedtimes and dance classes are always on a schedule. How grandparents are super involved and how loved and nurtured my girls are.

It's hard for me, and maybe some of you, to understand this isn't typical life for so many children. Some are passed around from family member to friend to step parent to foster care due to addiction or jail or homelessness or mental illness or just a crappy life situation. Some children do not have a stable life, sometimes they are seen as a burden to those they are passed around to. Sometimes, though loved by a parent, they are left with sick or negligent individuals for extended periods of time.

Maybe baby doe had such a life? Maybe she was passed around due to circumstance and ended up in the wrong home.

I can only speak for Missouri, but when we have had a child in foster care (as a teacher) we see the social worker once or twice at the most. According to the foster parents they only see them on rare occasions, unless there are changes about to happen with the case. But overall it isn't a routine here. Like I said ideally they would check in monthly, but the case load is simply to much to do so.

Thank you! I wonder if this could be the situation.

She does look similar. Unfortunately baby doe has a common face. I've mentioned previously that I have young girls (5 and under) so I'm always out and about at parks, play dates, dance classes, kid stores, tumbling, mommy and me class, reading time at the library, you name it! I've seen hundreds of young girls who could be baby doe, brown hair, brown eyes, chubby baby cheeks and a button nose is hardly "unique". I even own those polka dot leggings for my oldest.

I have loads of friends with girls that match the description and I'm sure everyone here reading does as well. Make note next time you (general you) go to the grocery store or park or out for dinner. You will see this face.

I think it will take a while for someone to notice this child is missing. Maybe a grandma or neighbor will think "hey, I haven't seen baby girl in a few weeks. Couldn't be the dead child though, no way." Eventually someone will report this child missing, no one wants to believe this could happen to someone they know and/or love.

I firmly believe this is similar to Casey Anthony. I believe the main care taker did something terrible and is making up stories about where the girl is. Eventually someone will say something to LE.

I don't think this was a child being held for years. I don't think this is a LISK victim. I don't think this is a child of an immigrant, scared to come forward who peacefully buried her baby at sea. I think a caretaker murdered or neglected this baby and is buying time until someone notices.

MOO

BBM.

Completely agree with your thinking here... it's very unfortunate and hopefully this princess can be identified and put to rest properly.

Massachusetts has had issues with dcf (family services). A lot of you will remember Jeremiah Oliver, who was not checked on and was killed by mom. He was mot reported missing for months. Shortly after, a baby died after going home with parents who had lost custody of other children. Nobody checked on her, they came by multiple times but just moved on when nobody answered the door. The cops had been called multiple times because of long the baby was heard crying

So it's very possible she was a foster child or known to dcf. I hope they're digging through files. Foster parents who work are given vouchers for free daycare but some foster parents don't work, of course

I'm sitting here, rocking my youngest down for a nap and realizing how blessed I am. How lucky my girls are. How sheltered my family is. How bedtimes and dance classes are always on a schedule. How grandparents are super involved and how loved and nurtured my girls are.

It's hard for me, and maybe some of you, to understand this isn't typical life for so many children. Some are passed around from family member to friend to step parent to foster care due to addiction or jail or homelessness or mental illness or just a crappy life situation. Some children do not have a stable life, sometimes they are seen as a burden to those they are passed around to. Sometimes, though loved by a parent, they are left with sick or negligent individuals for extended periods of time.

Maybe baby doe had such a life? Maybe she was passed around due to circumstance and ended up in the wrong home.

Great post, Kaliste. A situation which is sadly relevant for many child cases on Websleuths :(

The blunt truth is a lot of people are not ready to be parents & their children suffer because of it.

I think the "mother committed suicide" theory could be probable. If she was having a mental breakdown preceding the suicide, she might have made it so her child would probably get a burial.

This case should remind us all to be kind to each other. Maybe if the right intervention had occurred, this poor kid wouldn't be on a poster...

The blunt truth is a lot of people are not ready to be parents & their children suffer because of it.

I think the "mother committed suicide" theory could be probable. If she was having a mental breakdown preceding the suicide, she might have made it so her child would probably get a burial.

This case should remind us all to be kind to each other. Maybe if the right intervention had occurred, this poor kid wouldn't be on a poster...

Excellent posts WSA and Kaliste. The truth is that the sad truth for many children may not be fathomable to a lot of us. It may be convenient to go to stranger abduction or an accident or a horrible but desperate act done by someone who cared (i.e. the blanket). Sadly, it is not always so cut and dried and there are children who are discarded and unloved and unwanted. I have a DD and nieces and nephews that I love dearly. It is very hard to think in those terms. But in my job and in a non-profit org that I have ties to, I see these types of things all the time.

Perhaps dad has never met Baby Doe? Wouldn't know her from Eve. That is my case. My DD's dad wouldn't know her. He last saw her at six months old (his choice). Neither would his family. If mom is estranged -- thankfully NOT my case -- from her own family, perhaps they wouldn't recognize her either.

All sorts of scenarios and it is very sad because it could be the story for a lot of children. I guess that is why I personally am so drawn to it. It devastates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks