MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and discussions. If you don't like the post, Scroll and Roll or alert the post.

:tyou:

Personally, I don't feel that was a small detail. It's an important one that may rule out many of little girls without piercings. IMO it may or may have not reduced the number of tips.

The way they talk about it being confirmed, it sounds like it wasn't obvious.

I hate to be gross, but "some decomposition" would probably include earlobes.

Can you link me to the actual article? I'm at work and can't seem to locate it. Thanks carbuff!!

"The tiny earrings were added after new information from the medical examiner and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children." http://www.wcvb.com/news/new-image-of-girl-found-dead-on-deer-island-released/34070880

eta: article seems to have changed slightly since I first read it. "confirmed" is no longer in there.

Thank you.

I noticed they reworded this part or maybe it's just the media. The initial reports were that they didn't know. Now "they will not say".

They will not say whether the trash bag containing her body washed up on shore or was left on the beach by someone.

Good afternoon all,

I really need to take time this evening to go back through this thread and see what has been discussed so far. Just a quick question: Has anybody looked for any matches to missing children from Canada (Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia or PEI) as these would be the closest provinces to Boston.

Heartbreaking that this little one has not been identified.

Pierced ears. That helps and now I'm wondering if she was found with earrings or not?

If she was, and they release a photo of them, it could help jog someone's memory. My daughter was older, but when she first got her ears pierced all she talked about was her earrings. Grandmas, teachers, friends mothers, neighbors all got an earful about which pair she chose that morning.

Hi,

It is good that authorities are following up to see if there is a match between 'Baby Kate' and 'Baby Doe'. I am reading that Baby Kate has blue eyes whereas Baby Doe has brown eyes. Can baby's eye color change over a few years as Baby Kate went missing in 2011.

eleph

Hi,

It is good that authorities are following up to see if there is a match between 'Baby Kate' and 'Baby Doe'. I am reading that Baby Kate has blue eyes whereas Baby Doe has brown eyes. Can baby's eye color change over a few years as Baby Kate went missing in 2011.

eleph

I'm fairly certain they can. I'm half Pacific Islander and half Caucasian, and I have dark brown eyes that were dark blue when I was born. I believe my brother and sister had the same.

Hi,

eleph

Mason Co. investigators ‘looking into’ possible connection between ‘Baby Kate’ case and ‘Baby Doe’ found in Boston

http://fox17online.com/2015/07/09/m...-baby-kate-case-and-baby-doe-found-in-boston/

It seems to me that she may have been asleep when she passed. The news reported that she just had on polka dotted leggings and had a blanket with her, and the first thing that comes to mind is she was napping. She was obviously cared for, with her ears pierced. I wonder if she loved the beach, and that is why she was placed there or in the water? It's so shocking that not one person has come forward still.

Hi,

eleph

Absolutely. Most Caucasian babies are born with blue eyes due to lack of melanin at birth. It can take years for eye color to change.

Hi,

eleph

Yes, it's possible, since she was just a few months old. My oldest son was born with the brightest blue eyes you'd ever seen. They stayed blue until he was 5, then turned into a deep green. Though, it would be more likely possible if the girl found has light brown eyes as opposed to dark brown eyes.

If she was, and they release a photo of them, it could help jog someone's memory. My daughter was older, but when she first got her ears pierced all she talked about was her earrings. Grandmas, teachers, friends mothers, neighbors all got an earful about which pair she chose that morning.

I think if she had been wearing them, they would have mentioned it from the beginning. This sounds like something that was only noticed later.

It seems to me that she may have been asleep when she passed. The news reported that she just had on polka dotted leggings and had a blanket with her, and the first thing that comes to mind is she was napping. She was obviously cared for, with her ears pierced. I wonder if she loved the beach, and that is why she was placed there or in the water? It's so shocking that not one person has come forward still.

My initial thinking is that she was placed there and probably by a female. This is based on past studies that females will tend to place deceased offspring by or near water (sorry I don't have a link to the study at the moment).

This is what I was thinking as well. Maybe she didn't have earrings in but they were finally able to determine she had holes. It's possible they just added the simple studs since that's typically what is used in little girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am glad people are saying that eyes can change over a period of years because this happened with three of my kids and everyone thinks I'm crazy, and that they are set within 6 months to a year. My four each have different colors: blue, light brown, dark brown, and hazel. All started blue, and the three that changed took from 1-4 years to get to final color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni