GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;878342078874472453]https://twitter.com/susanzalkind/status/878342078874472453[/video]

[video=twitter;878342316456501249]https://twitter.com/Byron_Barnett/status/878342316456501249[/video]

[video=twitter;878342315462586368]https://twitter.com/Laurel_Sweet/status/878342315462586368[/video]

That's it for the day....

:eek:fftobed: for this one!!

See you all Monday! :wave:

[video=twitter;878340488268464129]https://twitter.com/AlyshaNBCBoston/status/878340488268464129[/video]

[video=twitter;878340766866837504]https://twitter.com/AlyshaNBCBoston/status/878340766866837504[/video]

sorry posted the tweet first then went back and read and saw it was a duplicate Niner had already posted.

me three. but I think if they aren't actually following it closely like we are that might be why. I posted a "verdict watch #bellabond" on my fb page and my sister who lives in boston commented that she thought he was guilty. but she has not followed closely.

I am surprised so many voted for 1st degree. Shocked really.

Yep.

Pretty clear to the jury that RB was involved in this somehow. There is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, as in she knew where the body was dumped and about the duffel bag and weights. Whether or not she killed Bella, there is no clear evidence.

As for MM, the only evidence against him is RB's word and the fact that he lived with RB and Bella. I have to wonder if the Commonwealth would have handled the charges and plea deal differently if MM was RB's husband and/or Bella's father. The DCF story would be much different if MM was the father, because as a parent, he should have been notified.

It's a lot easier to spin the DCF story on a boyfriend, especially if that boyfriend isn't really much more than someone crashing at your house. It's easy for such a boyfriend to feel that the mother should be telling him the truth and that he should go along with her on the matter, and that he doesn't have a position to call DCF or 'interfere' in any way.

I didn't know a father should be notified if a child was taken into DCF custody. But if someone was a father, then they 'ought' to feel a lot more connection to the child and that it was absolutely their right to phone DCF and demand to know what was going on. If innocent, MM really had no reason or position to do anything like that.

I am still torn. I think MM was telling the truth in the police interview he did from his hospital bed. But I don't understand how RB could have got the weights or transported Bella's body. I do think she could have moved the body when MM wasn't around. I can even imagine that she could get the body into the fridge and convince him to not open the door to check the fridge.

I've even tried to imagine if it was a cot death/SIDS...and maybe MM was the last one to see Bella on that particular evening, then RB finds Bella in the morning and is convinced MM did something to hurt Bella, and her story is one of imagining in her mind what he must have done to Bella. But that doesn't make any sense, because if a mother found her child dead in the morning, the first thing to do would be to call an ambulance, not perform a cover-up? It's convoluted, but remotely possible. And human thoughts *can* get convoluted. RB's a known druggie, there are drugs in the apartment, she could fear that if there's no obvious cause of death that she'd be blamed by default, so then her only option is to figure out how to convince everyone that it *must* have been MM, because she knows she didn't cause it.

I'm trying to play Devil's Advocate while listening to what RB says as well. I think there are some things she's telling the truth on, a lot of places where she's smoothing over the truth to make herself sound better, and places where she's forging a story of what happened for the purpose of blaming MM. It's very difficult to make sense of it.

[video=twitter;878342078874472453]https://twitter.com/susanzalkind/status/878342078874472453[/video]

[video=twitter;878342316456501249]https://twitter.com/Byron_Barnett/status/878342316456501249[/video]

[video=twitter;878342315462586368]https://twitter.com/Laurel_Sweet/status/878342315462586368[/video]

Sorry I'm picking things apart, but, look at that poor babys chair, held to the back with that SHARP metal they use in construction and then the ROPE? to hold her in it. Couldnt come up with something safer ? I wonder how many times she got in trouble for going near the metal and how long she was kept in that chair, OH, RB , you make my blood boil,
I just thought of something, I wonder if the mark across her body /on her abdomen was from that rope?

The only thing that's making me think MM knew about Bella was when RB was at the housing hearing after Bella was dead. MM was texting RB as this is not a direct quote but it was something along the lines of not saying something to housing people that might get DCF involved because they RB & MM loved Bella too much and DCF were vampires. Well if he thought Bella was with DCF why would he text her that? Deakin brought it up too he said MM was texting in code. Hmmm

The only thing that's making me think MM knew about Bella was when RB was at the housing hearing after Bella was dead. MM was texting RB as this is not a direct quote but it was something along the lines of not saying something to housing people that might get DCF involved because they RB & MM loved Bella too much and DCF were vampires. Well if he thought Bella was with DCF why would he text her that? Deakin brought it up too he said MM was texting in code. Hmmm

Playing devils advocate: maybe if he thought Bella was with family/friends then he was instructing RB-well, because place to stay and drugs. Then I question that line of thinking because in the police interview he says she was with DSS. Chasing my tail.

The only thing that's making me think MM knew about Bella was when RB was at the housing hearing after Bella was dead. MM was texting RB as this is not a direct quote but it was something along the lines of not lsaying something to housing people that might get DCF involved because they RB & MM loved Bella too much and DCF were vampires. Well if he thought Bella was with DCF why would he text her that? Deakin brought it up too he said MM was texting in code. Hmmm

Agreed! But again, if MM thought DCF had ordered Bella to go to stay with a relative, such as RB's sister, then might he still have concerns over DCF getting involved over the rental arrears and possible eviction, which might in his mind lead to complete termination of parental responsibility as opposed to just making Bella live with a relative for a while and then maybe a chance at getting her back at some point?

Another thing I'd want to look at is those texts from RB to MM, I think on June 1st, where RB tells MM "Bella sends her love to daddy" or similar words.

Where was MM at that point? How long had he been out of the house? Is this usual language for RB to send such a note when MM's out of the house?

I find that text to be possible 'code' with RB trying to convince MM that Bella's fine, she sends her love, and make sure you buy her favorite snacks while you're in the store....

I would at least put this one alongside the housing court texts to say that maybe it was actually RB speaking in code to convince MM that Bella was fine on that date. And this date was after the original date that RB gave for Bella's death. So I think it's a reasonable question to ask.

For me, that wording potentially goes with the wording Amoroso reported RB as using when she told him that Bella was on the cape 'with angels looking after her". The latter definitely sounds like code, however subconscious, but the former could also be meant to convince MM that even if he hasn't seen Bella that day, she's fine, nothing to worry about here.

Playing devils advocate: maybe if he thought Bella was with family/friends then he was instructing RB-well, because place to stay and drugs. Then I question that line of thinking because in the police interview he says she was with DSS. Chasing my tail.

But again, MM has some fuzzy turns of phrase in that interview. Could he have simply meant "She's in a place DSS ordered her to go to/DSS know where she is/DSS took her [somewhere]"

But again, MM has some fuzzy turns of phrase in that interview. Could he have simply meant "She's in a place DSS ordered her to go to/DSS know where she is/DSS took her [somewhere]"

I wonder if this is one of the discussions the jury is stuck on. So much of the evidence is swayable. I like to hear your takes, always food for thought.

Thinking of the fridge. It might also be interesting to know if RB requested MM to buy anything that has to go into the fridge that day....or if her EBT card shows any gaps in buying things like milk that normally last more than 1 day but only if refrigerated?

And, the pooling of blood in the body. Did the ME mention anything about that? When was MM alleged to have put Bella into the fridge, how long after the time of death? The body laying on the bed vs the body put straight into the fridge would leave totally different patterns of blood pooling. If not placed in the fridge soon after death, then there's likely to be some element of rigor mortis that could make it awkward to place the body in the fridge without making it obvious that the body has been rearranged forcibly.

We didn't see the images (thank God) but what was the position of the body when discovered in the bag? Were the arms, neck, back, and legs straight out, or was Bella in a more fetal-like position as if the body had been scrunched up somewhere?

Even with the answers to these questions, I don't know what difference it would make. Because RB could be lying about the fridge, and either RB or MM could have done that part if it did happen. But it might be interesting to know if the ME's findings in that regard are consistent with the original story that RB told the police.

Thinking of the fridge. It might also be interesting to know if RB requested MM to buy anything that has to go into the fridge that day....or if her EBT card shows any gaps in buying things like milk that normally last more than 1 day but only if refrigerated?

And, the pooling of blood in the body. Did the ME mention anything about that? When was MM alleged to have put Bella into the fridge, how long after the time of death? The body laying on the bed vs the body put straight into the fridge would leave totally different patterns of blood pooling. If not placed in the fridge soon after death, then there's likely to be some element of rigor mortis that could make it awkward to place the body in the fridge without making it obvious that the body has been rearranged forcibly.

We didn't see the images (thank God) but what was the position of the body when discovered in the bag? Were the arms, neck, back, and legs straight out, or was Bella in a more fetal-like position as if the body had been scrunched up somewhere?

Even with the answers to these questions, I don't know what difference it would make. Because RB could be lying about the fridge, and either RB or MM could have done that part if it did happen. But it might be interesting to know if the ME's findings in that regard are consistent with the original story that RB told the police.

The fridge was a red herring. Not brought up by RB under direct examination.

ME did not go into any real detail. So far, to the best of my knowledge, his report has not been released. Decomp may have made it hard to determine details like pooling, but I'm not an expert in this. I do know that attorneys for both RB and MM did ask for a second autopsy and were granted that. But Shapiro did not bring his own forensic pathologist to testify.

He said MM was texting in code but RB was on the stand, why not have her testify as to what it was code for???? Or did I miss it?

Such good points:) I have also wondered why the dog didn't hit on the mattress? Maybe there was a plastic mattress protector that got thrown away but, considering RB financial state and her desire for drugs I doubt she would spend the money on it.

honestly as evil as I think RB is, I don't think she meant to kill her. I think she burked her but it went too far.

I still don't know what rt believe that he punched her in the stomach and said she was a demon and it was her time to go. I think he might have helped dispose of her body. but he also sounded astonished in the interview so idk.

It's a lot easier to spin the DCF story on a boyfriend, especially if that boyfriend isn't really much more than someone crashing at your house. It's easy for such a boyfriend to feel that the mother should be telling him the truth and that he should go along with her on the matter, and that he doesn't have a position to call DCF or 'interfere' in any way.

I didn't know a father should be notified if a child was taken into DCF custody. But if someone was a father, then they 'ought' to feel a lot more connection to the child and that it was absolutely their right to phone DCF and demand to know what was going on. If innocent, MM really had no reason or position to do anything like that.

I am still torn. I think MM was telling the truth in the police interview he did from his hospital bed. But I don't understand how RB could have got the weights or transported Bella's body. I do think she could have moved the body when MM wasn't around. I can even imagine that she could get the body into the fridge and convince him to not open the door to check the fridge.

I've even tried to imagine if it was a cot death/SIDS...and maybe MM was the last one to see Bella on that particular evening, then RB finds Bella in the morning and is convinced MM did something to hurt Bella, and her story is one of imagining in her mind what he must have done to Bella. But that doesn't make any sense, because if a mother found her child dead in the morning, the first thing to do would be to call an ambulance, not perform a cover-up? It's convoluted, but remotely possible. And human thoughts *can* get convoluted. RB's a known druggie, there are drugs in the apartment, she could fear that if there's no obvious cause of death that she'd be blamed by default, so then her only option is to figure out how to convince everyone that it *must* have been MM, because she knows she didn't cause it.

I'm trying to play Devil's Advocate while listening to what RB says as well. I think there are some things she's telling the truth on, a lot of places where she's smoothing over the truth to make herself sound better, and places where she's forging a story of what happened for the purpose of blaming MM. It's very difficult to make sense of it.

sorry to quote myself I cant edit at all on this computer.

honestly as evil as I think RB is, I don't think she meant to kill her. I think she burked her but it went too far.

I still don't know what involvement MM had but I dont believe that he punched her in the stomach and said she was a demon and it was her time to go. I think he might have helped dispose of her body. but he also sounded astonished in the interview so idk.

I've even tried to imagine if it was a cot death/SIDS...and maybe MM was the last one to see Bella on that particular evening, then RB finds Bella in the morning and is convinced MM did something to hurt Bella, and her story is one of imagining in her mind what he must have done to Bella. But that doesn't make any sense, because if a mother found her child dead in the morning, the first thing to do would be to call an ambulance, not perform a cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam