GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #11

there will be an appeal. and im strongly thinking this verdict will be set aside. so many procedural errors. not a fair trial AT ALL.

From the judge's remarks, she would have found him guilty if MM had decided on a bench trial. :(

I am betting that salvation army denied her as a security risk.

I agree, I'm glad I don't live in Boston where you can be convicted for life in prison with no evidence except testimony from a lying drug addict witness who got called out on numerous lies.

The real truth is CW don't want to let her walk out of jail is because so many people hate her and thought she was responsible for Bella's death or just as guilty. She's probably had death threats. That's really bad when a drug rehab doesn't want you. That's very telling.

Her attorney says she just wants to stay clean the alms she's concerned about right now. Well I got a good idea hey RB get a JOB!! where you have something other to do then sit around doing drugs all day long. She's a crackhead *advertiser censored* who helped drag and throw her baby in dirty water like a piece of TRASH.

Just watch book deal will be coming and a TV movie. She will be famous.

yep. lemmings.

I guess I misunderstood the godmothers reaction when the verdict was read. I can't believe she thinks MM is guilty. I really thought all along she thought RB was guilty.
An interesting thing I have been noticing from today's sentencing and the comments on the local news facebook pages....a majority now thinks he is guilty where as before most of the people commenting thought she was. They still think she was involved. I'm just stumped, do people now think because a jury found him guilty he must be? Ugh!

After reading comments most think Rochelle did it and MM was an accessory after the fact. She changed her story to LE about MM punching her and what she saw, didnt even remember the day her child killed. She was so drugged up and high when Bella was killed she was probably hallucinating that he did it but was probably her. How can you trust a heroin addicts story. DA knew it would be easier to get a conviction with the BF then the Mother. Travesty of justice. Shapiro really feels his client is innocent. Ive never seen a defense attorney fight so hard for his client's innocence and being wrongly convicted.

https://youtu.be/4GacLPJfu10

After reading comments most think Rochelle did it and MM was an accessory after the fact. She changed her story to LE about MM punching her and what she saw, didnt even remember the day her child killed. She was so drugged up and high when Bella was killed she was probably hallucinating that he did it but was probably her. How can you trust a heroin addicts story. DA knew it would be easier to get a conviction with the BF then the Mother. Travesty of justice. Shapiro really feels his client is innocent. Ive never seen a defense attorney fight so hard for his client's innocence and being wrongly convicted.

It is a travesty.

Many of those comments were about Joey's impact statement...which I happen to agree with. He had almost three years to be a father to Bella and chose not to...how did he even know what she was like, he never even met her. His mother should have given the impact statement...at least she 'knew' Bella for a short time. He let Bella down just like the CW and ultimately that horrid person who gave birth to her.

I'm so disgusted over this whole thing.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...gets_life_for_2nd_degree_murder_of_bella_bond

Bella Bond's father, Joseph Amoroso, gave a victim impact statement before McCarthy was sentenced, describing Bella as "a happy and innocent child full of life."

"I was robbed of my chance to be a father to Bella," he said.

after spending the last ten minutes trying to read that article, I have realized that the boston herald makes my work net slower than 90's dial up so to save my screen from getting my fist through it I will try again when I go home. lol

when I listen to shaprio I so believe him..

Me too. If any watched the trial, he had a lot to believed on. No matter what some may have thought about him, he is a very effective cross-examiner who does his research. He was/is passionate about this case. The judge treated him horribly.

It is a travesty.

Many of those comments were about Joey's impact statement...which I happen to agree with. He had almost three years to be a father to Bella and chose not to...how did he even know what she was like, he never even met her. His mother should have given the impact statement...at least she 'knew' Bella for a short time. He let Bella down just like the CW and ultimately that horrid person who gave birth to her.

I'm so disgusted over this whole thing.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...gets_life_for_2nd_degree_murder_of_bella_bond

Bella Bond's father, Joseph Amoroso, gave a victim impact statement before McCarthy was sentenced, describing Bella as "a happy and innocent child full of life."

"I was robbed of my chance to be a father to Bella," he said.

I know he needs to crawl back in his hole. I can't stand listening to him. He never was involved with her life. Never hugged her, took her to the park, out to get ice cream. and all those things a father does. If he was in the picture in the beginning he could have saved her.

I completely agree, going after MM was the easy option, but I remain unconvinced it was the right thing. Justice can't be served by throwing 'someone', 'anyone' in jail just to say that someone is in jail for a crime, it has to be the right person.

I am going to bed each night and trying to play it all out in my head. RB's story doesn't make any sense, whichever version of it you listen to. People hear the word "heroin" or "on drugs" and rush to judgment. I think in 9/10 cases similar to this it would be the male responsible, but it would also normally be a far more violent death with shouting, thumping, beating, throwing.

Maybe the heroin is the reason for the lack of violence? To my knowledge it's not a "get up and beat someone up" drug, it's the opposite. But someone who hadn't recently had a fix I suppose could be in any state, and not so relaxed, so maybe that wipes out that argument as well. Someone had a clear head to plan out how to dispose of the body. My thinking says that RB is more likely the more clear-headed of the two at that time. The crime is a female crime, the disposal is a female/mother disposal.

There have to be clues in the story we've been given, from the evidence and from RB's stories. The weights, for example. Someone here said it would be a lot easier for a woman to do the disposal if they put the weights in only when they reached the disposal point. RB said the weights were in the back of the car separate from the body...that's how she could see them in order to tie them to the plumbing shop and MM. If those weights had already been in the outer bag, ready for dumping in the sea, then RB would not have been able to see them, and they might never have been tied to MM as the police might not have been able to get a warrant for the basement of the plumbing shop.

Sprinsky's testimony has caused a lot of prejudice against MM. But if we break down a lot of the things said...what did MM do to protect RB's apartment from 'demons' or 'bad energies' ... he did something with herbs? And to help RB's body he did Reiki on her? So that thing about MM claiming he could exorcise demons, maybe that isn't something out of the Exorcist but instead walking around a house with smoking herbs while chanting nonsensical words?

We heard from RB's own mouth that MM's concerns about Bella were things like Bella needing more stability in her bedtime routine...not that Bella needed killing for being a demon.

None of this adds up to MM being the murderer, and I'm not even fully convinced he helped in the cover-up/disposal. The weights point to him, but it's still a circumstantial link. Surely RB could have got a lift with a friend and said she had something to dispose of into the harbor...and if most of Sprinsky's friends are now dead from heroin, this person could also be deceased by now and unable to come forward.

Unlike Bassil and her assertions that RB's a battered woman in fear for her life from a man in absolute control of her, I do get the feeling that Shapiro genuinely believes in his client's innocence. Yes, he's playing the lawyer's game in his techniques to get MM off, but he also seems to believe he's representing an innocent man. The DA's lot seem like they just want to rack up a 'win' for their side. The judge seems to me to be very distant from the whole thing. As she kept reiterating, it's for the jury to decide, not her.

I completely agree, going after MM was the easy option, but I remain unconvinced it was the right thing. Justice can't be served by throwing 'someone', 'anyone' in jail just to say that someone is in jail for a crime, it has to be the right person.

I am going to bed each night and trying to play it all out in my head. RB's story doesn't make any sense, whichever version of it you listen to. People hear the word "heroin" or "on drugs" and rush to judgment. I think in 9/10 cases similar to this it would be the male responsible, but it would also normally be a far more violent death with shouting, thumping, beating, throwing.

Maybe the heroin is the reason for the lack of violence? To my knowledge it's not a "get up and beat someone up" drug, it's the opposite. But someone who hadn't recently had a fix I suppose could be in any state, and not so relaxed, so maybe that wipes out that argument as well. Someone had a clear head to plan out how to dispose of the body. My thinking says that RB is more likely the more clear-headed of the two at that time. The crime is a female crime, the disposal is a female/mother disposal.

There have to be clues in the story we've been given, from the evidence and from RB's stories. The weights, for example. Someone here said it would be a lot easier for a woman to do the disposal if they put the weights in only when they reached the disposal point. RB said the weights were in the back of the car separate from the body...that's how she could see them in order to tie them to the plumbing shop and MM. If those weights had already been in the outer bag, ready for dumping in the sea, then RB would not have been able to see them, and they might never have been tied to MM as the police might not have been able to get a warrant for the basement of the plumbing shop.

Sprinsky's testimony has caused a lot of prejudice against MM. But if we break down a lot of the things said...what did MM do to protect RB's apartment from 'demons' or 'bad energies' ... he did something with herbs? And to help RB's body he did Reiki on her? So that thing about MM claiming he could exorcise demons, maybe that isn't something out of the Exorcist but instead walking around a house with smoking herbs while chanting nonsensical words?

We heard from RB's own mouth that MM's concerns about Bella were things like Bella needing more stability in her bedtime routine...not that Bella needed killing for being a demon.

None of this adds up to MM being the murderer, and I'm not even fully convinced he helped in the cover-up/disposal. The weights point to him, but it's still a circumstantial link. Surely RB could have got a lift with a friend and said she had something to dispose of into the harbor...and if most of Sprinsky's friends are now dead from heroin, this person could also be deceased by now and unable to come forward.

Unlike Bassil and her assertions that RB's a battered woman in fear for her life from a man in absolute control of her, I do get the feeling that Shapiro genuinely believes in his client's innocence. Yes, he's playing the lawyer's game in his techniques to get MM off, but he also seems to believe he's representing an innocent man. The DA's lot seem like they just want to rack up a 'win' for their side. The judge seems to me to be very distant from the whole thing. As she kept reiterating, it's for the jury to decide, not her.

Amonet, I honestly can't remember the testimony about those weights. Check out what was said about them in the DA's press release. Is this wrong?

http://www.suffolkdistrictattorney.com/jury-returns-murder-verdict-in-homicide-of-bella-bond/

Amonet, I honestly can't remember the testimony about those weights. Check out what was said about them in the DA's press release. Is this wrong?

http://www.suffolkdistrictattorney.com/jury-returns-murder-verdict-in-homicide-of-bella-bond/

The version on that page is almost the same as what Deakin said at the bail hearing for RB not long after her arrest.

That is not what was said by RB in trial testimony, though. She just said that MM put her in the car and she looked around at the back seat and saw Bella's body in the duffel bag and the weights were also in the back of the car. She did not describe going to the plumbing shop with MM at the time the body was disposed. She said she'd not been into the basement of the plumbing shop until after the disposal (I don't know how long after) and she said that when she saw the weights down there she assumed that's where MM had got the weights to weigh down the body.

I don't recall the testimony of Joseph McCarthy jr in detail, but a poster on here said that he said in testimony that he remembered moving some weights to the apartment on Maxwell St when he was helping MM move some of his stuff from the plumbing store to the apartment.

The version on that page is almost the same as what Deakin said at the bail hearing for RB not long after her arrest.

That is not what was said by RB in trial testimony, though. She just said that MM put her in the car and she looked around at the back seat and saw Bella's body in the duffel bag and the weights were also in the back of the car. She did not describe going to the plumbing shop with MM at the time the body was disposed. She said she'd not been into the basement of the plumbing shop until after the disposal (I don't know how long after) and she said that when she saw the weights down there she assumed that's where MM had got the weights to weigh down the body.

I don't recall the testimony of Joseph McCarthy jr in detail, but a poster on here said that he remembered moving some weights to the apartment on Maxwell St when he was helping MM move some of his stuff from the plumbing store to the apartment.

Thank you!

But, technically, even if you can tie him to the weights, that would count as circumstantial evidence for after-the-fact, but doesn't tie MM to the actual murder.

The only way it can sort of tie him to the murder is that MM denies all knowledge of Bella's death, during and after, therefore if he got the weights, he certainly knew at some point, so if he's lying about that he's more likely to be lying about being the one who killed Bella.

I wouldn't consider that a strong conviction from a legal perspective. And they couldn't tie MM to the body dump location at the time, they could only tie him to the very loose area on the day after the body washed up, which I didn't find very convincing considering what Deakin said about phone records in his opening statement.

Very good post. Great observations. [emoji1303]

Is this a knot bruise on MM face or is it the lighting?

ce6896806cf72600f7519f1bbb97bdb6.jpg

...and don't forget the 'months' of investigation/billboards, etc. trying to identify 'her' child that washed up on shore after being thrown out like garbage. So sorry Bella...

I'm starting to think that RB said she didn't know when Bella died as LE would be able to investigate if given a date and implicate her.

Shapiro brought this up during the trial. Said RB wouldn't stick to a timeline and kept changing it, because if she gave a specific date, the details would prove her wrong. Like saying saying they drove to the dumping place on a day when it could be proven MM's car was in the shop, or a witness could place MM elsewhere, etc. So it was "safer" for her to just "not know" when she died.

I don't recall the testimony of Joseph McCarthy jr in detail, but a poster on here said that he said in testimony that he remembered moving some weights to the apartment on Maxwell St when he was helping MM move some of his stuff from the plumbing store to the apartment.

Yes that was me, and I found him to be a credible witness. That would put the weights in the apartment before Bella's death, meaning RB had access to them. But the DA in their press conference after the trial still pointed to them as "proof" that corroborated RB's (ever changing) story. Enough proof to put a man away for life, apparently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back