MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerry Kavanaugh ‏@KerryKavanaugh
#Breaking: Source: grand jury has indicted Rachelle Bond & Michael McCarthy in case of #BabyBella, Bond faces new larceny charge. #FOX25

Kerry Kavanaugh ‏@KerryKavanaugh
Source: Rachelle Bond allegedly continued collecting benefits for #BabyBella after her death, hence the larceny charge. #FOX25

The indictments charge Michael Patrick McCarthy, 35, of Quincy with first-degree murder in the child’s homicide at 115 Maxwell St. in Dorchester and Rachelle Dee Bond, 40, of Dorchester with being an accessory after the fact to that murder and with larceny over $250 by false purposes for allegedly continuing to accept public assistance from the Department of Transitional Assistance after she knew of Bella’s death in late May or early June.

First-degree murder carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole, accessory after the fact to murder carries a maximum of seven years in state prison and larceny over $250 carries a maximum of up to five years.

The indictments move the case against McCarthy and Bond from Dorchester Municipal Court to Suffolk Superior Court, where it will be adjudicated. The two are tentatively expected to face arraignment there on Jan. 6.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...a_bonds_mom_cashed_welfare_checks_after_babys

Just throwing this out there, the money collected by parents who harm their children and the money spent for prosecuting these individuals could help pay for more social workers. If she was so innocent in all this how could she dare use that money knowing her sweet baby was unidentified in a morgue?

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/peter_gelzinis/2015/12/gelzinis_welfare_of_bella_bond

Rachelle’s welfare checks arrived like clockwork in the mail. And apparently, this 40-year-old mother from hell was not too distraught over her child’s gruesome demise to stop cashing them.

But then, what else was she going to do? Send them back? Tell the DCF that her child was gone and she didn’t need the money anymore? Hardly.

More at link, interesting read...

She could get up to seven years as an accessory and five for stealing money?

Shows where priorities seem to be. Don't steal. Life is pretty cheap.

defense doesn't see a need for the statement of the case. May poison jury pool.

Prosecutor proceeds to summarize the statement of the case for the court.

Describing the events as told by Bond. Seeing McCarthy over the baby. Describing Bella's appearance. Describing McCarthy bagging up the body. Describing McCarthy placing Bella into the fridge.

Went to McCarthy's father's autobody shop to retrieve weights from the basement there. McCarthy knew they could be found there because he had been staying there prior to living with Bond.

Bond told LE that McCarthy had complete control of her and virtually held her prisoner. LE says evidence shows she was able to come and go freely and continued her intimate relationship with McCarthy as if nothing had happened.

She says that Bella's birth father showed up on September 9 wanting to meet Bella (he had never done so before)

He returned on September 15. She put him off both times with excuses about Bella visiting family elsewhere.

The next day she told the mutual friend of hers and McCarthy that Bella was Baby Doe.

Cadaver dog alerted on the fridge in the residence.

Based on where Bond told them teh body was dumped divers were able to locate the duffle bag and two weights. The weights matched one retrieved under search warrant to one that remained in McCarthy's father's basement of his auto shop.

Bond continued to collect benefits even after Bella was dead.

basically has defaulted on every case she could possibly have defaulted on in the past. Therefore the high bond is appropriate per prosecutor. Discussing the substance abuse and her prolific petty crime record.

Makes me so mad that she is getting off with these light charges.

Defense does not contest the bail and complains that the prosecutions long statement regarding the case and the bail being appropriate is poisoning the jury pool and trying the case by press.

Complains about the prosecution of going on and on and on. No need to poison the public against her client.

$10M with charity or $1M cash bond for Ms. Bond -
She's not going anywhere anytime soon (I hope!)

I'm not sure what to make of the defense attorney saying that the State is contaminating the potential jury pool. IANAL, so I'm wondering if that's just SOP, or if she's actually got a point? :dunno:

Everything about this case just hurts my heart and makes me :sick:

All I know is Bella never stood a chance. :cow:

#JusticeForBella!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sickening. Her excuses about being under his control - please, I can't even go there. She makes me sick. He makes me sick. Bio-dad makes me sick. Poor Bella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong