GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *Appeal Filed*

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Greater Than, Jun 8, 2017.

1. MsJosie

MsJosie Well-Known Member

Hope this helps a bit. I looked around and found this info

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/...mmit-suicide-involuntary-manslaughter-prison/

MC will 'face' new judges.
    Convicted Aug 3, 2017
    Sentence was for 2 1/2 yrs prison but was set free until appeal process was finished. At that time her original sentence was to be "2.5 years in Bristol County House of Correction, with 15 months to be served and the balance to be spent with probation for 5 years from August 3, 2017 to August 1, 2022".

Aug 1, 2017 her lawyers were told that case would be heard Oct. 1, 2, 4, and 5, 2018

borndem and The Farm like this.
  2. MsJosie

sorry mrazda71.....I can not get anything else to load regarding this case. I keep getting a notice that WS is too big for my lap top? Strange...really strange. I hope what is above will help you out.

Other sites are reporting the same dates....I can read them I just can not relink them!

3. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

I doubt she is ever going to jail, but we can hope.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2018
    borndem, GarAndTeed and flourish like this.
  4. The Farm

The Farm Well-Known Member

I posted above the court date is October 4th.

I also doubt she will serve any time.

5. The Farm

Just a reminder if anyone wants to watch to movie they came out with it is on the Lifetime channel tonight.

borndem and Jewels53 like this.
  6. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

Massachusetts high court to hear suicide texting appeal

Jewels53, MsJosie and GarAndTeed like this.
  7. The Farm

Thank you yes I saw this earlier today,,,I believe it will be this Thursday October 4th.

MsJosie, GarAndTeed and iulia like this.
  8. The Farm

Ugh took me awhile to find the thread, had no idea it was moved!
    So tomorrow we will find out the end results. What does anyone who follows this case think is going to happen with this appeal?

flourish likes this.
  9. Jewels53

Jewels53 Forever in my Heart!

Law & Crime

They are going to cover today as soon as the trial comes up.

MsJosie and iulia like this.
  10. Jewels53

borndem, Indy Anna, MsJosie and 2 others like this.
  11. Jewels53

borndem, MsJosie and The Farm like this.
  12. The Farm

OMG thank you, I was just looking to see if there was one!!!!!!

MsJosie and Jewels53 like this.
  13. Jewels53

W
    What did you think?

I thought they asked the defense some interesting questions. Questioning why he thinks his ideas of the appeal are sufficient.

The prosecution didn't really have to provide a brief just answer questions. I guess because they aren't the ones appealing the case.

Sounded like we may have to wait up to 4 months before we have an answer. Darn I was hoping it would be pretty quick.

kimpage, borndem, Indy Anna and 3 others like this.
  14. The Farm

Well I have an electrician here and could not hear most of it over the drills and them yapping.

So we have to wait 4 months,,,,I came to a decision right away!!! lol
    I really thought this was going to be over after today, and where was Michelle?? I did not see her, did she not have to be present?

borndem, MsJosie and Jewels53 like this.
  15. Jewels53

I don't think I saw any family present. It seemed there were many media people there and I am not sure who else was in back, maybe that is where the familys were.

I am undecided which way it will go. By the questions that were asked to the defense, I would say it will go toward the prosecution though. imo

kimpage, borndem, MsJosie and 2 others like this.
  16. Jewels53

17. The Farm

The local news said Michelle's parents were present but not her. They did not say anything about Conrad's family.
    Every news station is showing it and I hope we hear sooner than later.

I am always undecided since the Casey Anthony trial and others. I know what I would decide most times but others there is no way of knowing. Don't think she is going to get much and the fact that she is out free during all this has always bothered me.
    So my expectations are low.

kimpage, borndem, Indy Anna and 3 others like this.
  18. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Unknown Member

I hadn't been on this thread in a while so have been catching up. I didn't see the movie but it really, really irks me that the movie was about MC, or so I presume from the title. Just the fact that her name is in the title of a movie seems to glorify her. Why couldn't Conrad Roy's name be in the title. I wouldn't mind a movie that focuses on CR's life (highs and lows) and then tragic death and the aftermath, portraying what MC did to end his life and benefit from his death.

When a person suffers from depression, there are days when everything seems hopeless, but they're followed by days when the person enjoys life again. Conrad just needed someone to remind him that "tomorrow will look brighter" when he was submersed in a depressive state. As has been mentioned here, CR was emerging from that phase and was cycling into the positive outlook phase when MC intervened and led him to his death. What she did was so evil and she knew what she was doing. IMO, she enjoyed the control she had over CR.

GarAndTeed, Cubby, Steleheart and 4 others like this.
  19. MsJosie

Indy Anna....very good points you brought up about the felon.

I will not be watching, maybe if others did not watch the movie would flop. Then the felon would not think she is so important.

It would have been better if Conrad’s name was in the title. His name is well known just as the felons is. That really makes me wonder if the family is getting any kind of money kick backs. Yes, I know felons are not to make money off of their crimes through books, movies, etc, but look at the felon now, out free until all appeals are completed and decided, a strange ruling. I do not think she even has to wear a tracking device. Parents have money, the Judges ruling is questionable to me as she is free and can do what she wants. Where there is a will there is a way....money talks.....Conrad will never be able to be free on earth.....yet the felon can, even after serving her time if she ever has to. Anyone connected to her in the future needs to be careful, very careful.

borndem and Indy Anna like this.
  20. The Farm

I am hoping we hear something soon on this as we are coming up on 4 months since this appeal.

La Louve, kimpage, Jewels53 and 4 others like this.