GUILTY MA - Doctors Richard Field, 49, & Lina Bolanos, 38, slain, Boston, 5 May 2017 *Arrest*

Marking my spot.

Was the killer thinking they had meds in the apartment and they refused to hand some pills over ?
And how secure was the building ? Did they let him in , thinking they could help him ?
Sorry just catching up... will reread back posts.

What exactly did the message he left say ? also, is it known that the two victims definitely knew the killer ? in the first article in this thread, it seemed LE was wondering if they knew him, because they could not understand how he got into the building ? He had worked as a security guard ? Where, I wonder ? Did he have many friends who were also security guards ? Did any of them know the access codes for that building ?

]

From Gardenista's link:

"........photos of the two doctors in the apartment had been cut up...."

From your link Davania:

. "On Friday night, in an act of desperation and fear, Dr. Field sent a text message to a friend, pleading for help."
The killer allegedly wrote “a message of retribution” on the wall.

Oh my god.

The perp mutilated and inflected the most brutal horrific pain and suffering on his two victims.The swat team who discovered the scene were traumatized by the horrific nature of crime.

I am sickened by the utter depravity of the perpetrator.

But my biggest question is why did not Dr. Field contact 911 instead of texting his friend? Precious time was lost getting help.

:cow:

]
But my biggest question is why did not Dr. Field contact 911 instead of texting his friend? Precious time was lost getting help.

RSBM. Maybe the scenario required that he not do anything audible without risking their lives. for example the perp is in the room but not facing them. he faces away or walks into a neighboring room for 30 seconds. you could slip out a phone and text someone "911 send help". but if you call 911 and don't respond audibly to the operator you wouldn't know that they would necessarily send someone, or make it a priority. JMO.

Right, but he either disabled one or both of them before tying them up, or they acquiesced willingly to being bound. It's not easy to hold a gun on someone while tying their hands. Speculating here, of course.

And then we read that the male victim sent a text to a friend for help. Some mysteries here.

Some perps will force one victim to tie up another victim.Usually at gun or knife point. Then turn their attention to the other victim(s).

Sounds very personable to me.

"........photos of the two doctors in the apartment had been cut up...."

Lots of photos here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4481184/Two-engaged-Boston-doctors-throats-slit.html

and if you put the perps name in FB search, you'll see some interesting comments.
SABBM

I admit I'm afraid to look up the perp's FB. Not sure why.
Just that this crime feels so evil that I don't want to see the per 'living a supposedly ordinary life' , plus comments from his friends and buddies.

Of course it's a sure bet he didn't post his plans on FB.
Disgusting monster.

I WAS curious about a possible connection between to respectable looking professionals , and this .....crackpot.
Out of respect I hesitate to voice an opinion.
:moo:

]

The perp mutilated and inflected the most brutal horrific pain and suffering on his two victims.The swat team who discovered the scene were traumatized by the horrific nature of crime.

I am sickened by the utter depravity of the perpetrator.

:cow:

From a cell phone they'd have to trace it to find them, then narrow down the apartment.

A friend who would take the text seriously and knew the address was the fastest option. Unfortunately not fast enough.

Wondering if this guy was on drugs that gave him enough strength to overpower them.

Or he got one tied up before another entered. We've had the same questions in other cases, they manage somehow.

Yes, lots! People don't get murdered for "retribution" for no reason, so I wonder which one of them was mixed up in something. I'm going with pain management doctor. JMO.
There is a rash of bank robberies in my state by people addicted to pain pills who need cash for their addiction. This killer may have blamed the pain doctor for treating his pain with pain pills (the retribution).

The killer might have previously been a patient at the pain clinic and was denied further medical care (got cut off from narcotics).

Right, but he either disabled one or both of them before tying them up, or they acquiesced willingly to being bound. It's not easy to hold a gun on someone while tying their hands. Speculating here, of course.

And then we read that the male victim sent a text to a friend for help. Some mysteries here.

Hold a gun on both and have one of the victims tie up the other one. He could have had plastic zip ties too if he came prepared. Fairly quick and easy.

Robbed two banks and only got 9 months in prison?

That's just nuts. They'd have thrown me under the jail! I've a feeling this dude may have had a bad "habit". One was a pain doc, the assailant robbed banks, and rapidly escalated to murder. I've heard of folks murdering their granny for pills.

Somehow the female doctor fits into all of this.

If she didn't, why cut up the pictures of the two of them together?

My bet is that he worked at one of the classes nice/hospitals she worked at and developed an unhealthy obsession with her.

Retribution in the killers mind could be killing her fiancé for being rebuffed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somehow the female doctor fits into all of this.

If she didn't, why cut up the pictures of the two of them together?

My bet is that he worked at one of the clinics/hospitals she worked at and developed an unhealthy obsession with her.

"Retribution" in the killer's mind could be killing her fiancé for having been rebuffed by her.

Sorry! Was trying to edit my post but ended up quoting myself?!?

It is really terrible that the perp has taken such extreme violent action out on these two for what-ever reason. Such an extreme measure for something that is probably quite minor. They don't seem to have any perspective as to what is an appropriate measure to go to. This is horrific beyond belief.

I think Narmetca post has a lot of good points and fits best with what is known now

WOW I wonder if we are talking about a person that was delusional and thought the male had taken his woman from him

It seems like it would be crazy to think that docs have drugs IN their home

DId someone they treated die and he is blaming them

I keep feeling from what we know now there has to be some |"love" angle here

An affair

Flat our obsessive

How long had he been out of prison

He looks small so it does seem he was high (Aaron) on something cause of the struggle to cuff him

I wish we knew about the security system

It almost seems as if text for help was like the minute they knew he was in there he knew they were in danger as opposed to after the violence started

Like see him for millisecond text instant

I though RX pads?

The tearing the pics tho takes me back to something about love tho

I don't think a drug-related murder would include separating them from each in pictures

Feels like the answer in pretty much totally in the ripped pics as the biggest clue to motivation

They were engaged correct

Their worlds were total opposite (educated/dumb bank robber who gets caught twice_so it seems like there has to be some delusion that she loved him, maybe stalking. rebutted recently smashing his delusion that she loved him

Seems like there would be a profound feeling of betrayal mixed in here somehow no?

It also could be that we are assuming the text was after he was in there I kinda lean towards the text might have been before anything started

I would assume the friend he texted was the one that got in contact with LE?

That person would also know where they lived.
But almost as if they did not know the exact unit

more like I just got a text from my friend who lives at XXXXXXXf
and there was an armed person in their building

The way it is being reported makes it sound almost as if they stumbled on the murder scene

When I first read it I thought either they knew something else had already ha happed in the building

I suppose tho he was probably bloody - so that is how they knew they needed to search

We all know slitting throats is personal so I don't think this could really be drugs tho

And although superficial there is a lot of Aaron H in here

The killer might have previously been a patient at the pain clinic and was denied further medical care (got cut off from narcotics).
This was my initial thought. The perp went there seeking narcotics; was a patient of Dr Field. When the docs told him they didn't have any pills there, he must have gone ballistic.

Personally, I don't understand addiction. I have major problems with my spine and am prescribed narcotics. But, I only take them when absolutely necessary, otherwise I sleep all day. I take just enough medication (mostly OTC) to bring my pain to a tolerable level so I can function throughout the day. To have such an obsession with narcotics to kill someone over them is just unthinkable.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back