GUILTY MA - Doctors Richard Field, 49, & Lina Bolanos, 38, slain, Boston, 5 May 2017 *Arrest*

Why didn't the doctor text 911??

The police may have gotten there faster and they would still be alive.
As stated in an earlier post, the reason may have been where as there are so many apartments in that complex, dialing 911 would have not given LE the exact location.
Makes sense to me that he texted his friend instead.

Why would he have left the backpack full of jewelry in the apartment?

It would be hard to imagine they had any sort of personal connection to this guy, easier to for me to believe affluent Dr's targeted for robbery, but the text the killer sent to his girlfriend suggests he wouldn't be needing money or drugs...
So that leaves revenge...but for what?

I think he premeditated this hit and most likely robbery was the motive.

Often murderers like this have inner rage and instead of being accountable for their own miserable failures in life they blame any and everyone else they can. They are perhaps injustice collectors and they perceive that everything in their life that goes wrong is the fault of someone else and it can send them into a murderous rage. Or this may have been fully to commit a robbery of a wealthy couple and he silenced them to leave no living witnesses behind to tell who had done this to them. Maybe they walked in on him when the robbery was in progress.

Our society has become filled with way too many violent people who will kill at the drop of a hat and have no remorse in doing so either. They conjure up in their twisted mind that the victims deserved it even if they didnt even know them. Seeking revenge was long there before he murdered these two doctors imo. Imo, he was already a blamer and whiner that nothing he did was really ever his fault and society is totally to blame.

The seething rage/hatred/revenge is already in their mindset before this type of murderer ever steps foot in the door, and commits gruesome overkill like murders on people they had never even met.

There is no other way to logically explain it because we have seen such heinous overkills in recent years by strangers against totally innocent victims including small vulnerable children who have also been tortured, raped, and murdered along with their family members. Imo, the inner rage and revenge had been festering for years before they acted on it.

IMO

Thanks guys.
I don't know why, but my minds eye was playing the shoot out at the entrance to the BUILDING, not the entrance of their apartment.
*slaps head*

The seething rage/hatred/revenge is already in their mindset before this type of murderer ever steps foot in the door, and commits gruesome overkill like murders on people they had never even met.

IMO

The most recent up-to-the-minute reports say that Teixeira once worked at the doctors' apartment building as a security guard. Something must have happened that inspired him to want revenge. I'm sure he was fired from that job, and must have had an animus for his former employer and possibly for the residents. That would explain the "retribution" aspect and the motivation to murder.

Aside from that, yes...I'm convinced that Teixeira sought to burglarize the apartment, knowing that he could score big on valuables like jewelry. He must have planned a combined burglary and murder-revenge scene. Total psycho.

Thanks guys.
I don't know why, but my minds eye was playing the shoot out at the entrance to the BUILDING, not the entrance of their apartment.
*slaps head*

When the cops arrived, they got up to the 11th floor penthouse. Bizarrely, Teixeira had left the keys in the door, even though the door was shut. The cops knocked, received no answer, and then entered the apartment. Teixeira began firing at them from inside.

After being gunned down, Teixeira told cops that another "armed man" was in the apartment. That's when the cops did a SWAT style room-by-room search, with guns drawn. They found no other armed man, but did discover the bodies of the doctors.

From the Boston Globe -- interesting ~

Bolaños, a pediatric anesthesiologist at Massachusetts Eye and Ear, had invited a surgeon for dinner Friday night, Dr. Sunil Eappen, her boss at Massachusetts Eye and Ear, told the Globe. But Eappen said she canceled because Field, a doctor at North Shore Pain Management, was not feeling well.

• Also on Friday night, a friend of the doctors received two text messages reporting that an armed man was in their condo and asked that 911 be called, prosecutors have said. The friend called police.

]

The perp mutilated and inflected the most brutal horrific pain and suffering on his two victims.The swat team who discovered the scene were traumatized by the horrific nature of crime.

I am sickened by the utter depravity of the perpetrator.

But my biggest question is why did not Dr. Field contact 911 instead of texting his friend? Precious time was lost getting help.

:cow:

Perhaps he had to rely on texting because it is silent. (I've heard that some areas are instituting a way to text 911, but I don't know if that was available to them.)

JMO

The "authorities" said that Teixeira was a former guard at the luxury building where the doctors lived. That's reported in this article by the Boston Globe:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...efore-judge/cCSqIJK5XQPJKqfjToi9kL/story.html

"Boston police discovered a black backpack full of jewelry when they searched the penthouse condo where two doctors were slain Friday, a killing that authorities allege was committed by a man who once worked for a security firm at the South Boston complex."

But Teixeira must have been working there at least one to two years ago, based on the fact that he was in jail during most of 2016. This raises a very perplexing question: did Teixeira retain building keys and security data for that long?

If so, wouldn't that be remarkable?

The female victim (last name of Bolanos) might have known the perpetrator from an event in the large Portuguese community in the area. Bolanos is also a Spanish name, but many Portuguese and Spanish names can be very similar and some transfer directly.

This community includes not only people from Portugal directly, but other countries with large doses of Portuguese cultural / language influences including Cape Verde and Guinea Bissau.

Though I cant imagine the doctor would knowingly associate with a street criminal, people have reported that the perpetrator could be charming and is a GQ type dresser.

Maybe the met at a community function, became casual friends, and the perpetrator became obsessed with the victim?

From the Boston Globe -- interesting ~

Bolaños, a pediatric anesthesiologist at Massachusetts Eye and Ear, had invited a surgeon for dinner Friday night, Dr. Sunil Eappen, her boss at Massachusetts Eye and Ear, told the Globe. But Eappen said she canceled because Field, a doctor at North Shore Pain Management, was not feeling well.

• Also on Friday night, a friend of the doctors received two text messages reporting that an armed man was in their condo and asked that 911 be called, prosecutors have said. The friend called police.

Is is possible he "kidnapped" them and held them hostage for a while? When did Balanos cancel the dinner? Maybe she was forced to cancel bc they were being held against their will.

Oceanblueeyes, your perspective is something I needed to hear. It's hard for me to believe that there are people out there that are seething with resentment and hate and want to punish innocent people for it, but it sure does exist and it's a good reminder for me, especially because I can sometimes be too friendly and welcoming.

The "authorities" said that Teixeira was a former guard at the luxury building where the doctors lived. That's reported in this article by the Boston Globe:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...efore-judge/cCSqIJK5XQPJKqfjToi9kL/story.html

"Boston police discovered a black backpack full of jewelry when they searched the penthouse condo where two doctors were slain Friday, a killing that authorities allege was committed by a man who once worked for a security firm at the South Boston complex."

But Teixeira must have been working there at least one to two years ago, based on the fact that he was in jail during most of 2016. This raises a very perplexing question: did Teixeira retain building keys and security data for that long?

If so, wouldn't that be remarkable?

That video reminds me of the Boston bomber hospital visit :mad:

They weren’t killed quickly. They were brutalized.

The prosecutor did not detail how the two were killed, but court documents on the two murder charges state that the suspect "assault and beat" the two doctors with intent to kill them and that "by such assault and beating" did take their lives.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/boston-doctors-slay-suspect-may-have-known-couple-murder-charges-n756221

It’s very sad they didn’t have a weapon on them to stop this .

Get a concealed carry permit. Get a 9mm. Take a safety course. Practice. Learn to wear it ON you (not keep it in your purse).

Is is possible he "kidnapped" them and held them hostage for a while? When did Balanos cancel the dinner? Maybe she was forced to cancel bc they were being held against their will.

He may have put a gun to one of the doctors' ribs outside the condo and walked into the "secure" condos beside the doctor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back