MA - Dylan Francisco, 15, mistaken for intruder, fatally shot, Chicopee, 16 July 2016

bluesneakers

not today satan
Reaction score
Police: 15-year-old boy shot, killed after being mistaken for intruder

Authorities say 15-year-old Dylan Francisco was drinking alcohol with a friend on Saturday afternoon when they decided to walk to another friend’s home.

They knocked on the wrong door, then:

Francisco broke a pane of glass in the door when he knocked on it.

At that point, Lovell fired his gun, shooting Francisco in the chest.

The shooter is charged with murder and being held without bail.

It's weird to me the shooting occurred during daylight. Also - when someone knocks on my door I usually at least peek through a window even if I have no intention of answering.

It's weird to me the shooting occurred during daylight. Also - when someone knocks on my door I usually at least peek through a window even if I have no intention of answering.

There was a case where a homeowner fired a shotgun at close range on a drunk female that was previously in a car accident a hour prior to knocking on his door.

I think they are charging him with murder as well.

But she didn't break his window or anything.

Rest in peace Dylan.

dylan-francisco-facebook-picture.jpg

https://lintvwwlp.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/dylan-francisco-facebook-picture.jpg?w=300&h=300

There was a case where a homeowner fired a shotgun at close range on a drunk female that was previously in a car accident a hour prior to knocking on his door.

I think they are charging him with murder as well.

But she didn't break his window or anything.

That sounds familiar - was it in Michigan?

How sad. That guy sure was trigger-happy. Was he expecting someone dangerous? Was he protecting a stash of drugs? Who shoots through a door? Mmmmmm....someone inside who's up to no good.

his wife woke him up and said she thought someone was trying to break in, sounds like the kid knocked on multiple doors loudly and was very intoxicated, while they were having a "conversation" thru the storm door the kid kept knocking and broke a pane of glass, the owner immediately shot after the pane of glass broke.

he will be going to jail, the laws in mass are different from most states - the man admitted that at no point was the kid inside the house, the kid was not armed, and it is not claimed that the kid made any threats, the door was locked and there was an inner door. this also happened in the middle of the day.

***the other case people are referring to is the renisha mcbride case

How sad. That guy sure was trigger-happy. Was he expecting someone dangerous? Was he protecting a stash of drugs? Who shoots through a door? Mmmmmm....someone inside who's up to no good.

I think you're on to something Lilibet. There's more to his story.

his wife woke him up and said she thought someone was trying to break in, sounds like the kid knocked on multiple doors loudly and was very intoxicated, while they were having a "conversation" thru the storm door the kid kept knocking and broke a pane of glass, the owner immediately shot after the pane of glass broke.

he will be going to jail, the laws in mass are different from most states - the man admitted that at no point was the kid inside the house, the kid was not armed, and it is not claimed that the kid made any threats, the door was locked and there was an inner door. this also happened in the middle of the day.

***the other case people are referring to is the renisha mcbride case

Thank you. That was her name.

Now back to business. Breaking down a window or door isn't harmless to a owner that is caught off guard. Jmo.

Now back to business. Breaking down a window or door isn't harmless to a owner that is caught off guard. Jmo.

He didn't break down the door. You're right about breaking the glass - that's kind of scary - but it doesn't sound like there was any danger of the kid getting inside the house. Why would you shoot someone in that situation? I would yell GTFO and call 911.

I'm curious about what the other kids will say. I haven't seen any statements from them yet.

Okay. I thought the owner was a older guy or something. But here is Jeffrey Lovell, 42,

2016-07-19-21-30-46-1110635276.jpeg

2016-07-19-21-30-50--448629046.jpeg

breaking the window doesnt matter in massachusetts.

It does say the teen went around to the back of the house and then to the side of the house while I think the others were still banging on the door in front the house.

So idk.

But I truly think that if this scenario happened in Compton or Southside Chicago or something. Then the homeowner wouldn't be held without bail.

Didnt a homeowner not face charges in Florida when 2 teens were circling the neighborhood on bikes and one jumped over the fence and into the guys backyard and the guy shot and killed the teen while the kid was trying to exit the premises.

I think they chalked it up to saying the kids was casing the neighborhood and looking for some home to invade but ran into the wrong homeowner?

I think that homeowner in that case wasn't charged. Idk.

i havent read anything about either of the others banging on anything.

massachusetts "castle doctrime" doesnt cover anything other than the interior of the house, it doesnt even include the porch

i havent read anything about either of the others banging on anything.

massachusetts "castle doctrime" doesnt cover anything other than the interior of the house, it doesnt even include the porch

Thanks. But I'm simply looking at it to see if it was a plausible enough situation for him to shoot the one time.

Now of course MA law is clear. But jurors are not clear and they put themselves in the defendants shoes all of the time.

Now if this was a trial by judge then it's open and shut. But if 1 juror says Hold Up, this could be me 1 day.

Then it would be a hung jury and then the D.A will come in with the sweetest plea deal. Jmo.

From July 18 article: http://www.westernmassnews.com/stor...sed-of-shooting-killing-teen-appears-in-court
"The D.A.'s office said that they believe it was confusion on both parts that ultimately lead to the teen's death." bbm
Agreeing ^, a lot of confusion. If someone had broken glass in my outer door, I would fear for my life & that of anyone else in home.

RIP Dylan Francisco. Thoughts & prayers to his family, friends, & community.

---------------------------------------------------------
^ Headline wording at first link seems a bit puzzling imo.
As if homeowner shot afam member/resident, because he thought it was a criminal trying to enter.
Nothing in article suggests teen had right to enter, had been invited.
"Mistaken for intruder" Seems the teen was an intruder or would-be intruder, not someone entitled to enter the home.
Enough splitting hairs about media's choice of words

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back