MA - Elisabeth Hasselbeck accused of Plagiarism

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by believe09, Jun 23, 2009.

1. believe09

believe09 Active Member

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/entertainment/19835345/detail.html

Not good-the author who is accusing her sent her a copy of her own cookbook last year when Hasselbeck mentioned suffering from the disease. The author now claims that Hasselback lifted passages verbatim into her own book.

No doubt it is all a left wing conspiracy.

2. Loading...

3. YellowDog

YellowDog New Member

I hope the author nails her good. I can't stand the woman.

4. elle1919

elle1919 New Member

I saw the show that she did and saw when she introduced the book. I will refrain from making any other comment until we hear more about this. Too bad if it's true, Elizabeth really seemed to care about the cause.

5. kittenish

kittenish New Member

I can't stand Elizabeth Hasselbeck (that's beside the point).

She's a dummy if she plagiarized the book. I mean, really? Did she not think, being successful and having money, that she wouldn't be pursued legally?

Again, beside the point, she reminds me of a cartoon character.

6. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

Hoping this takes her DOWN!!!

7. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

Of course she cares about the cause - it affects her personally. But I'm willing to bet she cares more about the $$$. Pathetic.

8. mysterygirl

mysterygirl A Nancy Drew Wannabe

Oh I hope this is not true. I like her.

I cannot stand Joy the bully Behar.

9. Truthful Lies

Truthful Lies "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's c

I'm not surprised...she doesn't seem to be the brightest crayon in the box...

10. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

hmm I'll have to see how this plays out. I don't have a personal opinion one way or another about her public persona, I know she's on that one show but I don't watch it. Frankly, they all get on my nerves on that show :) JMHO.

11. TaylorJ4

TaylorJ4 Member

I have been dealing with a child with celiac since 2002. Elizabeth's book is misleading and has multiple incorrect statements about celiac and eating gluten-free.

She has self-diagnosed herself with celiac.

Her book is dangerous and misleading.

12. grace60

grace60 New Member

It's pretty easy to figure out. She didn't even use spell check. Isles are a group of islands....lol. Should be aisles. Wonder if the author did that on purpose. Susan's tips: "Shop in the outer isles of the supermarket." Hasselbeck's tips: "Food in the outer isles of the supermarket." http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/23/hasselbeck-accused-of-no-original-thoughts/

13. PattyCake

PattyCake Gypsy By Heart

TY Grace, going throught the letter, it seems Mrs Hasselbeck has a serious problem on her hands. A 'slight' variation of the wording still equals plagiarism Hasselbeck. The general key points & phrases are there clear as day. I hope they nail her on this but good.

14. believe09

believe09 Active Member

comment 21 on TMZ encompasses my thought- The book that was sent to her was a rough draft...which makes this situation even more hilarious if this is true. If you are going to rip someone off, have the decency to use spell check.:chicken:

15. MomofBoys

MomofBoys Future Bucs QB

That's too bad. I like her. At least in terms of her bringing a little balance to the show. Everyone else is a raging liberal.

But yeah, plagiarism is a serious allegation and I hope it's not true, although it seems as though it might be. I was once accused of plagiarizing after turning in a paper and was horrified. I didn't. I'm still wounded and it's been almost 10 years.

16. Straitfan

Straitfan Former Member

Lol, to funny the different opinions.. She is the ONLY one on THAT show I like... Don't/wouldnt watch cause rest of the "group"...

17. Fairy1

Fairy1 Divided We Fall

I rarely watch the show because I'm working when it's on. However, I have read many times that Elizabeth is the ONLY one who needs to be "prepped" by the producers as to what position she will take day to day. I am a "liberal" for sure, but I could respect a conservative's POV so much more if I knew they were knowledgable about the position they are taking on national TV.

I LOVED her on Survivor, but it's something else, altogether, on The View. And I really cannot abide anyone who cannot even be bothered to use spell check while knowingly PLAGERIZING!!! If that's what she's done.

18. YellowDog

YellowDog New Member

Plagarism is thievery of the worst kind and it happens far too often. This one should be easy to prove. I doubt that any attorney would take a case like this unless he thought he could win it.