MA - Essie L. Billingslea, 46, Convicted Rape after 20 Yrs in Prison for Rape

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by PastTense, Jan 16, 2016.

1. PastTense

PastTense Member

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...rous-person/vbGzewQ5gf7pvZFLRomKJI/story.html

http://www.boston.com/news/2016/01/...e-arlington/I44QdBVMoo9i7unFIq3m7N/story.html
    BookingImage.jpg

2. Loading...

3. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

What kind of jury determined he no longer posed a threat? They should be locked up in the same cell as him, one by one.

4. gia2

gia2 New Member

This turns my stomach. The system just doesn't protect society from rapists!

After how many rapes is it concluded that a person just can not be rehabilitated? How many people become victims and have their lives destroyed unnecessarily?!

5. gia2

gia2 New Member

6. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Well they decided he was no longer dangerous, but he raped another woman after his release. It doesn't seem like he did anything to prove he wasn't dangerous either. He briefly participated in sex offender registry but was terminated for poor attendance. A board of five psychologists decided he was likely to re-offend (and we know he did soon after release). So what in the world made these people on the jury to decide he wasn't dangerous anymore? And victims don't have any recourse for bad jury decisions.