MA MA - Giovanni Colon-Gonzalez, 5, Lynn, 15 Aug 2008

Oh yes janiekay, I knew you were expressing the frustration so many of us feel. I tried to be very gentle in my reply so you wouldn't think I was getting on your case. It just sort of spilled out and became quite the post, yes?
I knew you were just expressing concerns, and I never took offense!! Yes, your post and mine--almost a book!!!:waitasec:

I have thought long and hard about this, it's like bouncing my head off a brick wall. So, for you :blowkiss: and much respect, you are a good soul who cares about innocent children, I can tell.
Thanks for the kisses, hehehe, and yes, I'm bouncing my head against the wall too. :bang: You also are a good soul.

I am also concerned about why there has been no sign of Giovanni. This case is aggravating like Caylee and Maddie with the child seemingly dropping off the face of the earth. Usually LE can find something that leads to the child, dead or alive. It is unusual to have the perp so thoroughly hide a child. But then here are 3 cases....

Maybe they all used dumpsters... a thought: we should put the sensors from the Body Farm into trash cans, and then if the detect the distinct smell of human decompsition, an alarm goes off! What do you think???

I pray that all of these cases come to an end, one way or another. There are many people suffering and hurting that should not be, including you janiekay.....

Special prayers for Daisy Colon, I can't imagine what she must be going through.

I so agree! My prayers have been changed to include all victims of abduction and abuse.

Police plot strategy in hunt for boy

"We are pursuing it that he is still alive," Lynn Police Captain Mark O'Toole said during a news conference yesterday about Giovanni Gonzalez, who was reported missing Aug. 17 by his mother two days after she dropped him off at the home of his father, Ernesto L. Gonzalez Jr., 36. "We have nothing at this time to suggest otherwise."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/08/29/police_plot_strategy_in_hunt_for_boy/

I so agree! My prayers have been changed to include all victims of abduction and abuse.

Maybe they all used dumpsters... a thought: we should put the sensors from the Body Farm into trash cans, and then if the detect the distinct smell of human decompsition, an alarm goes off! What do you think???

FABULOUS idea!!! They should be built in to avoid tampering. Also the businesses that use dumpsters should be required to keep them locked up and only opened by specifically authorized persons.

Keep thinking...

Me too....prayers for Giovanni :praying:

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=58380

AMW Missing

Giovanni Gonzalez

Incriminating Evidence Found In Father's Home
Police have discovered incriminating evidence against the father of missing 5-year-old Giovanni Gonzalez. Inside Ernesto Gonzalez' apartment, Massachusetts State Police say they found what appeared to be blood-stained objects -- including a mop that was apparently stained with blood and cleaned with bleach.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=58380

AMW Missing

Giovanni Gonzalez

Incriminating Evidence Found In Father's Home
Police have discovered incriminating evidence against the father of missing 5-year-old Giovanni Gonzalez. Inside Ernesto Gonzalez' apartment, Massachusetts State Police say they found what appeared to be blood-stained objects -- including a mop that was apparently stained with blood and cleaned with bleach.

OMG, yet another one - this is getting a little out of hand now!

OMG, yet another one - this is getting a little out of hand now!

Unfortunately, poco, this case has been going on for days and days and no one is paying attention because everyone is involved in Caylee's case. This is a beautiful little boy missing and his father is NOT talking. :(

JMHO
fran

Either produce a CHILD...a live child, a dead one, or go to jail...do not pass go...do not collect $200!!!

Agreed!!! If you can't keep track of your child, then your butt needs to be behind bars until the child is located......

Police plot strategy in hunt for boy

"We are pursuing it that he is still alive," Lynn Police Captain Mark O'Toole said during a news conference yesterday about Giovanni Gonzalez, who was reported missing Aug. 17 by his mother two days after she dropped him off at the home of his father, Ernesto L. Gonzalez Jr., 36. "We have nothing at this time to suggest otherwise."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/08/29/police_plot_strategy_in_hunt_for_boy/

This gives me hope that it was NOT Giovanni's blood, so I pray that this is actually the case and that Giovanni is alive and being hidden somewhere by someone.

Prayers to Giovanni and his mother and prays that the father will talk to investigators and tell them where this boy is.

Salem

This gives me hope that it was NOT Giovanni's blood, so I pray that this is actually the case and that Giovanni is alive and being hidden somewhere by someone.

Prayers to Giovanni and his mother and prays that the father will talk to investigators and tell them where this boy is.

Salem

That's what I was thinking, too, Salem; but they really aren't giving out much information. This one bothers me so much; what an adorable little boy.

I agree Sheromom, he is adorable. I am hoping against hope, based on what I can figure out about his past experiences with this little boy (which isn't much) and some other children, that he has not hurt the child and just squirreled him away somewhere to hurt the mom and get back at her for saying if he blew it, he wouldn't be allowed to see Giovanni anymore. (Was that a run on sentence or what :)).

They do seem to be keeping the information pretty quiet. I wish the guy would just talk. JUST TALK! Darn!

Salem

I live in MA, it has been excruciating to watch this poor child's mother on the news. She so very clearly loves her son and wants him home. Her pain is palpable. I am praying for a positive outcome, at very least some well deserved answers.

That's what I was thinking, too, Salem; but they really aren't giving out much information. This one bothers me so much; what an adorable little boy.

The picture of Maddie that you have is so beautiful.
That poor sweet girl.
Her story is so incredibly sad.

Do any of you know if there are any searches going on right now for this sweet little boy in or around Lynn or Boston?

Unfortunately, poco, this case has been going on for days and days and no one is paying attention because everyone is involved in Caylee's case. This is a beautiful little boy missing and his father is NOT talking. :(

JMHO
fran

I agree with you fran. Is there anything we can/should be doing here to help in the search for dear Giovanni? I haven't been involved in the Caylee case until yesterday, and only then because of TES. If you have any ideas on how we can help, please, either post it, or pm me. I would be more than happy to help.

I have kept an eye on this thread, praying and praying that he would be found alive. I continue to have hopes that will be the outcome here.

I have kept an eye on this thread, praying and praying that he would be found alive. I continue to have hopes that will be the outcome here.

Unfortunately, as time passes, I feel a positive outcome is less and less likely. The fact that the father refuses to talk, the blood stained objects, and the knives all point to foul play. IIRC, they were going to do swabs of the sinks. I wonder if Ernesto has a garbage disposal (I'm sorry for the graphic picture this paints), but I've heard of cases where they did this to the victims. All the knives they confiscated make me think about this as an option.

My heart also goes out to his mom. She knew that she could not trust this man...telling him something better not happen to her boy.

WHY<WHY<WHY do we have to have mandated visits with parents who are known abusers...either physical or by using drugs. IMHO, supervised visits are the only ones that should be allowed! Courts should always err on the side of caution.

HOW MANY MORE KIDS HAVE TO BE HURT OR DIE????????:furious:

FABULOUS idea!!! They should be built in to avoid tampering. Also the businesses that use dumpsters should be required to keep them locked up and only opened by specifically authorized persons.

Keep thinking...

Me too....prayers for Giovanni :praying:

I really don't think it would be that hard to give keys to each apt occupant. Actually, this really makes sense!

I know when I had my business, I used to lock my dumpster, because otherwise, all of the tenents in the downtown area would use my dumpster, because the landlords didn't provide enough for the amount of people in the apts.

Respectfully snipped ~
My heart also goes out to his mom. She knew that she could not trust this man...telling him something better not happen to her boy.

WHY<WHY<WHY do we have to have mandated visits with parents who are known abusers...either physical or by using drugs. IMHO, supervised visits are the only ones that should be allowed! Courts should always err on the side of caution. :furious:

Janiekay - I am going to respectfully disagree with you here. According to what little information we have, this was NOT a mandated visit. The parents were scheduled to go to Court on Sept. 15th I believe. The mom and dad worked this out between them, in the best interest of their son. If the mom thought this dad would hurt the boy, I am sure she would not have been agreeable to these visits. I think the warning (and I am assuming here) had more to do with the dad's probable drug use and the fear that he would get high and neglect Giovanni while Giovanni was in his care. I don't believe, based on what little we know, that the mom feared this dad would physically harm Giovanni.

Also, some of the forensics are back and while LE is not talking, they continue to insist this is a missing child case NOT a murdered child case. I am holding out hope here. I think (at this point anyway) dad loved the child enough to want visits and he has other children he has not harmed. I know I sound like a broken record, but I just don't want Giovanni to be gone forever.

I'm praying the man is not a monster, but just a selfish SOB. I know things don't look good, but until LE tells us it is a recovery mission as opposed to a rescue mission, I'm hanging on to the hope that this child will be found alive.

Salem

PS - we have mandated visits because parents don't play fair when they are mad at their ex.

I agree with you fran. Is there anything we can/should be doing here to help in the search for dear Giovanni? I haven't been involved in the Caylee case until yesterday, and only then because of TES. If you have any ideas on how we can help, please, either post it, or pm me. I would be more than happy to help.

Barb - I'm not Fran, but if there is anything we can do here, maybe it would be to get TES involved? Giovanni can't be far if the dad did harm him. The dad had no car so he couldn't have traveled far.

Also, if we could check with LE to see if they checked to see if Ernesto used a taxi? Maybe he and Giovanni went for a taxi ride and then Ernesto came home alone?

LE is not giving us much information at all. We have searched for myspace pages and found one for mom, none for dad. I don't think anyone has searced facebook, but I don't hold out a lot of hope there. It seems most folks have a myspace before a facebook page?

I don't know what else we can do except maybe contact LE and see if they want help in the searches? And if they do, try to rally some of our sleuthers? And maybe find a way to let mom know we are all supporting her.

Or how about a community activist or best friend of the dad to visit and get him to talk? They used that guy in TX and he managed to get that dad to talk. Maybe would could come up with a list of ideas and pass them on to LE for using creative ways to make the dad talk (besides Chinese torture).

Prayers for Giovanni - may he please come home soon! AND please Lord, help Ernesto find his voice to tell LE where Giovanni is!

Salem

I've scoured the news sites today and there isn't anything new. It seems that Giovanni's case is going to just 'disappear.'

I'm across the country and have no ties to that area. About the only thing I can think of is to contact Nancy Grace, Greta, etc., and try to get them to air this case as well. Perhaps with some pressure, local LE won't just let this fade to black.

There's a little boy missing and his father is the main suspect in his disappearance. Just like Casey Anthony, he's being held on $500K bail for child endangerment. But he won't talk, just like Casey.

LE says the test results are back yet they still believe Giovanni is alive. That's because they 'say' they don't have anything to show he's NOT alive. That MAY not be true. They may just be saying that in the hopes the father will still talk.

I guess we could, as WSer's, contact NG, Greta, and anyone else we can think of and hope if they receive enough emails, etc., they'll air info about the case. My recommendation is to also contact Hispanic community type media as someone there may know as well.

FWIW, I know I did contact a local Hispanic paper for one little boy's body found along side the road and the editor of the paper contacted me and did a write up about it. I know the case was eventually solved. I'm not saying that my emails or whatever had anything to do with solving the case, that was just an avenue I thought of.

Personally, I'm not going to be able to do much on this case in the near future as my time is going to be limited because I'm in the middle of moving. Hopefully other Websleuthers can take up here and carry the case as far as they can. I'll send out some emails, but for now, that's about all I can do.

Pray for Giovanni Gonzalez and, or, pray that his father comes to his senses and tells LE what he did with this precious little boy. This is one type of case you wish they could 'FORCE' them to talk. When they KNOW where the victim is and won't tell. That poor mom, she's beside herself. I don't blame her one bit. I would be too.:(

JMHO
fran

PS, Salem, from what I understand, in order for TES to get involved, I'm not sure, but I believe either local LE has to ask them, or the family. If there was some way to get hold of his mom for her to put it out there.....fran

PPS......How about a Spanish speaking priest to try to get him to talk? I know whatever he tells the priest is privileged, but perhaps a priest can get him to talk to LE.

Fran - great idea about the priest!

I know someone on this thread has a myspace page. The mom's is set to private. Would someone be willing to contact her and do a friend request so that we can get this information to her about TES and the priest?

Thanks in advance,

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288