MA MA - Granby, WhtFem 720UFMA, 19-26, shallow grave off Route 116, Nov'78

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by hmg, Apr 23, 2009.

1. rats

rats Justice for Sheridan Jane Doe.

Something I read said it was a mans belt but it could be wrong?

Pretty sad, this case is somewhat close to where I go to college... I wish they'd do a reconstruction sometime (if they haven't already. Didn't see one though.) I could probably get it sent through the newsletter for my school, along with the picture of the shirt. And she's still not in NamUs?

madamx likes this.

2. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

In the 70s, my mother used to use Stretch and Sew patterns, for knit garments

madamx likes this.
  3. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Singer made an attachment that would adapt a straight-stitch machine for knit stitching. It grabbed the material and moved it back and forth under the needle and produced pretty good results.

People used tricks like iron-on interfacing, bias tape for the seams, etc. Also, many knit fabrics had factory backings, often foam, to stabilize the material.

It still wasn't easy, but if you were experienced and patient, like my mother, you could turn out some very nice results.

madamx likes this.
  4. Owutatangledweb

Owutatangledweb Well-Known Member

5. rats

Does anyone have a contact with the MA state police? I'd like to email someone about Granby Girl but can't find an email address. When I emailed the Granby PD, they told me that MA state police had handled the case...

6. rats

Okay, long shot, but:

Iris Leslie Brown?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20111
    http://vsp.vermont.gov/unsolved/missing/a/brown

If he was actually telling the truth the first time, Springfield isn't that far off from Granby, and Granby is closer to VT. (Springfield is a city, so he probably just gave a general area). She would've died a little before they assumed, and she didn't have a "heavier build", but she would've been just a year outside the age range at 27 (Actually, she's inside the age range according to one article. Literally the tail end of it, but still) . She's also 5'4, which is what Granby Girl is stated to be in a Mass live article. http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/08/in_search_of_granby_girl_sprin.html The general description of Brown hair also matches the dirty blonde/light brown description.

This is all banking on the assumption that he was actually telling the truth the first time, and that he did go toward Springfield. I can't wait til Granby Girl is in NamUs, honestly.

7. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

I wonder how set in stone Selinda Winegar's LKA of 03/21/1979 is? She was last known to be wearing a green and white striped shirt, which could possibly fit the description of the shirt this Jane Doe was wearing. It would all depend who reported her missing.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2050dfvt.html

8. Owutatangledweb

Do we know the name of the boyfriend? Where he was in prison at? Is he presently accounted for?

9. Owutatangledweb

I'm asking these questions because I'm actually thinking of the Allentown/Bear Creek case. I wonder if she DID connect with the boyfriend and later had kids with him.

10. rats

I doubt it. I don't think this guy would confess to murdering her if he didn't -- you would think that for someone who only killed one person you would try and AVOID prosecution for it.

11. rats

Bumping for Granby Girl. It's been so long... I can only hope that she can be identified soon.

12. Alleykins

Is this case not in NamUs? I couldn't find it.

13. rats

No, it's not. I've emailed Lori Bruski several times about getting it in and apparently there's a profile in the works (July 11 she emailed me saying "Granby Doe is a pending entry as the police and medical examiner are still populating it.") But I wish they could get it done soon...

14. Alleykins

Hopefully it will be put in soon. S

15. rats

I'm kind of sad that she is still not in NamUs, even though it's been almost a year since Lori Bruski told me that. Clock is definitely ticking on this poor girl...

16. carbuff

I've requested it, too, through LE, and got kind of a runaround...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

17. Irish_Eyes

Irish_Eyes Well-Known Member

Sometimes they are there and are just not publicly viewable

18. Owutatangledweb

I mentioned this in August before that Allentown news broke open. What does anyone think about a relation to that case?

19. carbuff

Unlikely, but possible I suppose.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

20. theshadow45

theshadow45 Well-Known Member

Granby Jane Doe is still not in NamUs yet. Probably a long shot as she's outside of all the ranges, but Susan "Rhonda" Labbe http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/labbe_susan.html? She was last seen on August 8, 1974 about 100 miles away. I think there's a very good chance that whoever she is, GJD was never reported missing.