MA MA - Granby, WhtFem 720UFMA, 19-26, shallow grave off Route 116, Nov'78

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by hmg, Apr 23, 2009.

1. rats

rats Justice for Sheridan Jane Doe.

So frustrating she hasn't been put in NamUs yet! I wish they would get on that. :( If I had more information I could talk to nearby colleges about it, as likely someone knew this poor girl.

Susan "Rhonda" Labbe is a long shot, but could honestly be a possibility, I think. This case is vague enough that anything is a possibility.

2. rats

Still not in NamUs... This is so frustrating.

3. LadyBadWolf

LadyBadWolf Well-Known Member

I can't believe she is still not in NamUS...I'm guessing there has been nothing from Lori Bruski; is it worth one more email? I'd enter it myself right now if I could :(

4. rats

I emailed her. Fingers crossed for a response.

carbuff likes this.
  5. LadyBadWolf

Oh, thank you so much! I am curious to see where it stands!

carbuff likes this.
  6. rats

Well, that was quick...

Ugh.

Any suggestions to throw at me for my response?

7. LadyBadWolf

That is...not what I expected. I'm at a loss. With a response like that, I'd fear getting shut down with every and any question.

By agency, are we assuming it is NamUS choosing to keep it private or is it at the request of the local/State PD? Not that it makes a difference, I guess.

I guess we could further inquire whether there will be any additional information made public in the future? :-/ :-/

8. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Argh. Not there and not visible are equally worthless.
    Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

9. LadyBadWolf

Also, is this fairly common practice? Nothing immediately screams that this would be a case requiring "above and beyond" levels of discretion. I'm really curious re: the rationale behind the decision.

carbuff likes this.
  10. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

Not surprised. I'm aware of several PA cases that are in NamUs but not publicly viewable. When I asked about one in particular, the answer was that they cannot comment on cases not viewable to the public.

Over time, much info has been restricted. Dentals, types of DNA, documents ... they were all viewable in the beginning but now we can't see them. Case Managers (if different from the RA) used to have emails visible. That didn't last long.

No, not surprised at all.

If I were you, Rats, I would simply thank Lori for her timely response and be done with it.

Then we can all all wait and see what happens when NamUs 2.0 rolls out. Will it be more public-user friendly? Time will tell.

Owutatangledweb likes this.
  11. LadyBadWolf

Bumping - New WS, new NamUS, new possibilities <3

carbuff and theshadow45 like this.
  12. carbuff

Cases like this always make me wonder whether there's an effort to protect somebody (important person's son, LE involved, fear of retribution, etc.) Nothing specific to this case, just a general concern.

13. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

I think it's a lack of urgency (in addition to lack of funds), at least in my neck of the woods. It's just not a priority.
    I've noticed a few unidentified remains cases from my state were recently added to NamUs, from years ago.
    I was like, what took you so long? SMH. We have a new cold case unit, but my understanding is that they're focusing on unsolved murders, not disappearances or UIDS, which is really upsetting the folks with missing loved ones. They also advocated for and supported the creation of this group and feel like they're being neglected. I don't blame them.

Coffee56, rats and carbuff like this.
  14. carbuff

Yeah, I'd be really pissed too.

It's hard to figure with this case because they've done all the work. They just want to keep it out of the public eye, apparently.

15. alrightyrichie

alrightyrichie RICH

Has there been any information about where this woman may have been from? Or where she may have grew up. Very few missing women in that area of time in Massachusetts. Large possibility she may have been hitchhiking from another area in New England or anywhere else in the United States. I would love to see a picture of the belt or whatever that was the suspect used to drag her.
    I apologize if this infomation was already shared and I missed it.

theshadow45 likes this.
  16. Alleykins

I sent an email to the Granby PD, since they are the Doe Network contact, asking them to put her file into NamUs. I forgot about Lori Bruski's reply. Oh, well, at least it will get someone thinking o_O

carbuff likes this.
  17. theshadow45

theshadow45 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Websleuths, alrightyrichie! As far as anyone knows, there's no publicly shared information about whether this Jane Doe is believed to be local to the area where she was found or not. With what is known about this particular case though, it's probably unlikely that she has had isotope tests done (for example) that would be a good indicator as to where she grew up, more recently resided, or if she was fairly local to the region or not.

18. alrightyrichie

alrightyrichie RICH

This makes me wish isotope tests were done. I know they can usually do this regardless of the state of decomposition. From searching NamUs and The Doe Network I haven’t come across anything similar to the discription in surrounding areas. Cases as old as this one make me even more interested in why after all these years there is nothing to help us figure it out. I hope she gets on NamUs soon and more media attention because in these 40 years a lot of people with infomation may have passed away.

theshadow45 likes this.
  19. carbuff

I hope they pay more attention to you than they did to the previous requests! Maybe the third or fifth or whatever it is will be the charm...

rats likes this.
  20. Alleykins

Yep, sometimes it's the squeaky wheel. Or the 4th one. Or 10th one.

carbuff likes this.