Found Deceased MA - Harry, 3, gone from home, Lowell, 14 Jun 2022

OldCop

Verified Law Enforcement (retired)
Reaction score
Now the news is reporting he was found “near a pond”:
Search crews located Harry Kkonde’s body near a pond in the area of Rollie’s Farm on Varnum Avenue
If true, that makes me very eager to see the COD.

JurassicParker

Verified Nosy Rosey
Reaction score
So they searched that area but didn't find him? Could there be a valid reason for that? Like did he sink to the bottom and they couldn't see him? Something is not right about this. Hoping they do a thorough autopsy to find out what happened to this little guy.

Limecat

Lime + Cat = Limecat
Reaction score
@scooperon7
Officials in Lowell confirm the body of little 3 year old Harry was found in a pond around 1 this afternoon.. the pond was searched 14 hours earlier but he was not located at that time

@BethWBZ

Harry Kkonde found in a pond 650 feet from the home where he wandered from in five feet of water

Investigators don’t know his movements to get to that point. Firefighters had searched pond yesterday morning
Thank you for that info!

Addicted2Crime

Reaction score
I live about 10 minutes from where he was found. It’s so unbelievably sad. I was watching the news a little while ago and they said they were re-searching areas again because they felt that he had been on the move. I was wondering why they thought that, anyone know? Is it more common for a child in this situation to keep moving vs hiding in one general area?

Spider92

Reaction score
I live about 10 minutes from where he was found. It’s so unbelievably sad. I was watching the news a little while ago and they said they were re-searching areas again because they felt that he had been on the move. I was wondering why they thought that, anyone know? Is it more common for a child in this situation to keep moving vs hiding in one general area?
Same here. This is very local for me. I can't imagine that he was "on the move" so much but nobody saw him. Wouldn't any 3-year old, by himself, draw the attention of any passerby? What a tragedy. That's the second local drowning of a child in the past week :( In fact, I believe the other child was also from Lowell.

LaborDayRN

In a world where you can be anything, be kind
Reaction score
From the D.A.
"This morning, the multi-agency search resumed covering approximately 4.7 square miles around where the boy was last seen. At approximately 1:10 p.m. a member of the Massachusetts State Police Underwater Recovery Unit located Harry in approximately 5 feet of water in a pond a short distance from where he was reported missing. There was no obvious trauma to the body."
I think this wee little one wandered the short distance and was somehow drawn to the water.

Last edited:

LLC

Reaction score
Same here. This is very local for me. I can't imagine that he was "on the move" so much but nobody saw him. Wouldn't any 3-year old, by himself, draw the attention of any passerby? What a tragedy. That's the second local drowning of a child in the past week :( In fact, I believe the other child was also from Lowell.

me too. And the stopped the search at 10pm for A 3 YEAR OLD?????? Whattheeee

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Many who gathered at the Waltham middle school Saturday to share condolences and prayers for the boy's family were involved in the search for Harry Kkonde after he went missing on June 14.

During Saturday's service, Harry's dad and a representative from the Uganda Boston Community Association spoke about how the community is hurting from this devastating loss.