SOLVED MA - Jane Britton, 22, Harvard student, Cambridge, 7 Jan 1969

I've followed this case for awhile (several years) and remembered the following post (from 2013). I wonder how closely the suspect described below matched Sumpter?

"''Three witnesses have described the murder suspect as a man of light brown complexion, 24-26 years old, 5'10"-5'11", and 150-160 pounds. Police experts have sketched drawings to approximate the three descriptions''

This is what the caption reads below the blocked out, all black, photofit.

Makes you think the news blackout stretched to Ada too. Ada, who's murder was or wasn't connected to Jane's, the former being the most likely.
Now, if somebody can explain why a photofit that's meant to help catch a murderer is hidden from the public eye I would be extremely grateful.
Maybe, just maybe, it was too accurate.

A huge thank you to the person who supplied me the details of the article."

SOLVED - MA - Jane Britton, 22, Harvard student, Cambridge, 7 Jan 1969

DNA Links Man To 1969 Murder Of Harvard Graduate Student
rbbm.
“There are a group of individuals who for over 50 years have lived under some cloud of suspicion because there were some individuals that may have believed they were responsible for Jane’s murder,” Ryan said.

That cloud is now cleared thanks to vastly improved forensic technology"

" As for the red substance, investigators believed it was a result of a struggle."

"A half a century later, that man, Boyd Britton thanked the DA’s office for never giving up on his sister.

Boyd Britton released this statement:

“A half century of mystery and speculation has clouded the brutal crime that shattered Jane’s promising young life and our family. As the surviving Britton, I wish to thank all those — friends, public officials and press — who persevered in keeping this investigation active, most especially State police Sergeant Peter Sennott. The DNA evidence match may be all we ever have as a conclusion. Learning to understand and forgive remains a challenge.”

According to the DA’s office, this marks the oldest case ever to be solved.

Ryan hopes this gives other victims’ families hope that investigators will never give up on a case."

Lengthy article.
Nov 26 2018
For nearly 50 years, Harvard was haunted by an unsolved murder. DNA now points to a serial rapist.
"In her release last week, Ryan noted the investigation stalled over the years because of several “red herrings.” Each led investigators astray.

Police had few hard pieces of evidence following the discovery of Britton’s body on Jan. 7, 1969. A neighbor reported hearing someone on the fire escape outside the victim’s apartment on the night of her murder, documents state. A second witness spotted a man running near the building in the early hours of the next day.

Almost immediately investigators began to hunt for a link between the murder and the counterculture percolating around Harvard. “Beginning in 1968 the Common was transformed every warm Sunday afternoon into a bohemian free-for-all, with drum circles, bead-sellers, tranced-out dancers, and a ton of pot,” author Mo Lotman wrote in his book, “Harvard Square: An Illustrated History Since 1950.”

Although some of Britton’s friends said she was a straitlaced student glued to her studies, others told reporters she had a different side.

“She knew a lot of odd people in Cambridge — the hangers-on and acid heads who you would not call young wholesome Harvard and Radcliffe types,” an unnamed friend was quoted as saying in a New York Times article from Jan. 19, 1969. “She went to a lot of their parties and was very kind to them.”

Another possible investigative route was presented by a ghastly coincidence.

In May 1963, Beverly Samans had been found stabbed to death in her apartment. Like Britton, she had been a 23-year-old graduate student. She also lived in the same apartment complex where Britton was killed.

A year later, Albert DeSalvo was arrested and confessed to being the Boston Strangler, the serial killer responsible for 13 murders in a two-year spree. Samans was one of his victims, DeSalvo claimed, according to the Boston Globe. But since Britton was murdered in the same building, the new killing fueled rumors the actual Boston Strangler — or a copycat — could still be at large.

The most fantastic theory of the crime sprang from the crime scene. According to police documents, Britton’s body was found sprinkled with a reddish-brown powder, an act consistent with an ancient Persian burial rite. Some speculated the murder then was tied to her school work in anthropology.

“Very few people at the time thought it was somebody random who came in and killed her,” a former colleague and neighbor told the Globe last week. “Everyone thought it was connected to the anthropology department.”

The truth turned out to be less complicated but more brutal.

According to the statement from the Middlesex County District Attorney, interest in the case from outside law enforcement helped nudge the investigation along. In 2017, the office received a number of requests to open Britton’s file to the public. A group of investigators sat down with the file to see what might be available for release. As part of the review, detectives decided to rerun physical evidence collected from the crime scene."
"The Massachusetts State Police Crime Laboratory determined new forensic techniques could pull a Y-STR, or male-specific profile, from the DNA still in evidence. By July of this year, that profile was run through a database of known sex offenders. A match returned to Michael Sumpter."

I'm going to paste in something I posted on Facebook, rather than retype everything.
==========

Here why I was looking for a maile lei last Friday.

Early in the morning on January 7th, 1969, my friend Jane Britton – a fellow graduate student in Harvard’s anthropology department – was murdered in the apartment next to mine. Her boyfriend and I found her body the next morning. Her skull had been beaten in, probably by a Lower Paleolithic stone tool that happened to be in her apartment.
Several of us were grilled by the police, given lie detector tests, and had our pictures splashed across the pages of the Boston papers, and even the New York Times. We testified before a Grand Jury.

It was clear to me that, at least for a time, I was a suspect. But I was not the only one. An archaeologist connected with the Peabody Museum (which housed the Anthropology Department) was also a candidate. There was no evidence; no one was arrested, although over many years those us of close to the case continued to believe that he was the killer. In the 1990s, he died.

So far as any of us knew, the case – though never closed by the Massachusetts State Police – had become inactive. My last contact with Lt. Frank Joyce, the lead MSP investigator, was in the late 1970s.

In 2017 a young woman named Becky Cooper, a New Yorker writer and Harvard graduate, located me in Hilo, and told me she was writing a non-fiction book about Jane. I agreed to help her with her book in any way that I could. Becky came to Hilo and spent several days interviewing me.

Around the same time, Becky and three other people had begun filing Freedom of Information Act requests to examine the case records. One, Alyssa Bertetto, a private investigator in Colorado, put me in touch with another, a reporter for the Boston Globe named Todd Wallack, who was writing an article about the case. Todd interviewed me for his article, which can still be found on the Globe’s website. Becky was in contact with a man named Michael Widmer, who had been in the higher levels of Massachusetts politics and was interested in the case in part because Jane’s murder had been his first story as a cub reporter.

All of their FOIA requests and appeals were denied, on the grounds that the case was still active. And yet the case did not appear to be active.

I think it’s fair to say that those four effectively put pressure on the Middlesex County DA and the Massachusetts State Police to work again on the case.

One of the results of their pressure was that Detective Sergeant Peter Sennott came to Hilo to talk to me and to collect a sample of my DNA, so that I could be “excluded.” He never said what the source of the DNA that mine would be tested against was, and I didn’t expect him to. He was professional and personable and we got along well. We had a semi-formal interview and then a couple of days later we knocked around on Mauna Kea in my 4Runner.

But after Sgt Sennott left and I heard nothing, I was discouraged. I began to think that it was what in Hawai’i we sometimes call “shibai,” a sham, a front, pretense, putting on an act.

I had suspected that the investigation restarted because the law holds that if an investigation is active, then no FOIA requests need be granted.

But I was wrong about shibai. In fact, Sgt Sennott was doing some amazing detective work, though of course that’s not something he would have revealed to me; I only learned about his investigations recently.

During the next year I thought a lot about Jane and I stayed in close contact with Becky, while trying to work on my own fictional treatment of the murder.

So I decided to plant a tree in Jane’s memory. I chose a yellow ‘ōhi’a; Ruth and I had already planted an ‘ōhi’a for Becky, who had become a good friend and was so closely linked to Jane, to me, and to Ruth.

And then I waited. Recently, there were rumblings that the killer had been found and that at some point there would be an announcement.

Last Friday I heard that on Tuesday, there would be a press conference at which the killer would be named.

Jane’s ‘ōhi’a was already in the ground. It came to me that – just as I had wreathed the calabash containing my father’s ashes with a maile lei, and later did the same with my mother’s – that placing a maile lei around Jane’s ‘ōhi’a would be a fitting tribute.

I also decided to place one on Becky’s ‘ōhi’a, to signify her link to Jane, and her importance in helping bring about the solution to the crime.

And that’s why I started looking for maile here on Facebook.

This is what happened: a man named Michael Sumpter raped and murdered Jane Britton. He was not connected with Harvard or Jane’s circle of friends in any way. An evil man, he had killed before Jane and may have killed after her. He died in 2001.

Here are some things I need to process:

For almost half a century I suspected that certain man killed my friend, but now I know he was innocent. I owe him an apology that I can’t give to him because he is no longer alive. Having a strongly-held belief like that turned upside down is humbling.

For almost half a century I believed that Jane had somehow gotten herself into a situation that unexpectedly and lethally turned bad. Mainly this was because most of us only looked for suspects within our own crowd, the anthropologists and archaeologists, and none of us seemed to be violent killers. So we thought Jane must have died because something unexpectedly escalated into lethal violence.

For all those years, though, I never could come up with a possible situation that didn’t seem strained or flawed. And when, working on the novel, I tried to imagine a fictional situation, nothing seemed to work.

I don’t think that any of us who knew Jane ever thought that her death was a random act of violence. I know I didn’t.

But it was, and so that’s another thing I have to process. Don’t cling to a hypothesis that doesn’t seem quite right just because it’s the only one you can think of. But that’s what I did and it’s a sobering thought.

People talk about closure, and I guess that’s what I have now. I know how Jane Britton died which means I now know something I deeply wanted to know for half a century. And, to tell the truth, I always wondered whether I was still considered a suspect, particularly when Sgt. Sennott came to collect DNA from me. Over the years, I’ve wondered how many people out there thought I might have been the killer; now, if they’re paying attention to the news, they know I’m not.

Jane’s story needs to be told – and not just the story of the crime, although that’s the nexus. The Anthropology Department, all of us, the Cambridge community and how it was in the late sixties and the ways that Jane’s story has endured and has been passed from student to student all these years. And more subtly, the ways Jane and her story have influenced our lives over the years – well, I should only speak for myself. I don’t think two months have ever gone by that I didn’t think of her. And the ways those of us who never forgot her, who, like me, never completely abandoned hope that the case could be solved, helped keep her memory alive.

That is the story that Becky Cooper is writing, and I know in my bones that it’s going to be a great one.

“We Keep the Dead Close” by Becky Cooper will be published in 2020, by Grand Central Books, a division of Hachette.

Todd Wallack of the Boston Globe will publish an article tomorrow morning.

https://www.middlesexda.com/…/dna-used-identify-man-respons…

Thanks so much for this great letter, Don. I haven't commented much but followed this thread closely over the years. I'm so glad there is finally a resolution for Jane, her family and friends. It's a difficult burden all of you have lived with these last 50 yrs. You, Becky and the others deserve a monumental amount of credit for getting this case reopened. Reopening cold cases shouldn't be this difficult, but it often is. Thanks for sharing with us and please keep writing.

Thanks so much for this great letter, Don. I haven't commented much but followed this thread closely over the years. I'm so glad there is finally a resolution for Jane, her family and friends. It's a difficult burden all of you have lived with these last 50 yrs. You, Becky and the others deserve a monumental amount of credit for getting this case reopened. Reopening cold cases shouldn't be this difficult, but it often is. Thanks for sharing with us and please keep writing.
Thank you Betty P, but I didn't have anything to do with putting pressure on the DA's office to reopen. All the credit goes to Becky, Alyssa, Todd, and Michael. They did it.

Hello everyone!
Thanks for the accepting me in your wonderful site. I'm really sorry for my English, it's not my native language, please forgive me for the error of grammar. I'm new here but maybe almost five years i'm looking the entries, it's a great site. About Jane Britton: My real interest was (and still) is Boston Strangler Case. When I'm searching murder of Beverly Samans, I discover Jane and time to time checked about her. I was really hopeful for the solve of her murder, because with new DNA technology they find the link inbetween Albert Desalvo with last Boston Strangler murder victim Mary Sullivan. After to learn of Britton's murderer, as an amateur searcher I can't say anything new, of course I'm glad the mystery solved. But I searched her killer Michael Sumpter; he was known as rapist and killer of at least two other women. It seems Jane Britton his first victim, at least in these 3 killings, the other comes in 1972 ( Ellen Rutchick) and 1973 (Mary McClain)Of course there is a large possibility he may killed more. Even with 3 killings we may say he's a serial-killer. Because when I search the other of his victims in Google, I found their photos and I feel awkward. They're more or less similar each other. All brunettes, long hair with really nice faces. So as a many serial killers, he looks a certain type for his vicious attackings. I want to share these articles about other two women, whom also Michael Sumpter's victims. You can see the similarity. Police sources says Britton and other victims can't know him in their daily life. That's logical for sure, but if the victims all similar to each other, maybe he could see them in the street and follow to search where they live, looking the details if have they got roommates etc. Just thinking, maybe I'm completely wrong. Anyway here are the links-Michael Sumpter's other victims.
Family of former St. Paul woman killed in Boston in 1972 finally has some answers – Twin Cities
DNA Links Dead Man to Second Cold-Case Murder « Suffolk County District Attorney's Office

Hello everyone!
Thanks for the accepting me in your wonderful site. I'm really sorry for my English, it's not my native language, please forgive me for the error of grammar. I'm new here but maybe almost five years i'm looking the entries, it's a great site. About Jane Britton: My real interest was (and still) is Boston Strangler Case. When I'm searching murder of Beverly Samans, I discover Jane and time to time checked about her. I was really hopeful for the solve of her murder, because with new DNA technology they find the link inbetween Albert Desalvo with last Boston Strangler murder victim Mary Sullivan. After to learn of Britton's murderer, as an amateur searcher I can't say anything new, of course I'm glad the mystery solved. But I searched her killer Michael Sumpter; he was known as rapist and killer of at least two other women. It seems Jane Britton his first victim, at least in these 3 killings, the other comes in 1972 ( Ellen Rutchick) and 1973 (Mary McClain)Of course there is a large possibility he may killed more. Even with 3 killings we may say he's a serial-killer. Because when I search the other of his victims in Google, I found their photos and I feel awkward. They're more or less similar each other. All brunettes, long hair with really nice faces. So as a many serial killers, he looks a certain type for his vicious attackings. I want to share these articles about other two women, whom also Michael Sumpter's victims. You can see the similarity. Police sources says Britton and other victims can't know him in their daily life. That's logical for sure, but if the victims all similar to each other, maybe he could see them in the street and follow to search where they live, looking the details if have they got roommates etc. Just thinking, maybe I'm completely wrong. Anyway here are the links-Michael Sumpter's other victims.
Family of former St. Paul woman killed in Boston in 1972 finally has some answers – Twin Cities
DNA Links Dead Man to Second Cold-Case Murder « Suffolk County District Attorney's Office
Welcome to Ws Pickwick, delighted you joined here!
Ws thread..
MA - MA - Ellen Rutchick, 23, & Mary McLain, 24, Boston, 1972 & 1973

OMG.

I haven't been on WS in a very long time -- and log in to find yet another of the very cold cases I've followed for years SOLVED! :faint:

There's been so many this past five years or so-- it's really incredible, to log in and find this case among that number.

Wow, I'm a bit emotional, to be honest. Bless you, dear Jane, and rest in peace. I hope her family has some small comfort in her killer being found and named, at last.

Just a quick shout out to Justice4Jane, who pegged the fire escape entry point very early in this thread:

I don't think that the killer had to walk the halls to get to her room. Some of the early news accounts mention the fire escape as one of the ways the killer could have gotten into the room. Also, one of the reports mentions that a child/teenager heard someone on the fire escape a few hours before the murder.

I'm sure I'll find more to say, but right now am just too relieved at this news.

Wow. I haven't been on in a very long time and was absolutely floored when I checked in on this thread! I'm thrilled that Jane's case has finally been solved! Like others, I was shocked that she was killed by someone that she most likely didn't know. Don - Thanks for sharing your letter. I feel your sense of shock at the randomness of her murder as I too was convinced that someone close to her had killed her. Congratulations to everyone involved in solving this murder and bringing closure to family and friends.

I'm going to paste in something I posted on Facebook, rather than retype everything.
==========

Here why I was looking for a maile lei last Friday.

Early in the morning on January 7th, 1969, my friend Jane Britton – a fellow graduate student in Harvard’s anthropology department – was murdered in the apartment next to mine. Her boyfriend and I found her body the next morning. Her skull had been beaten in, probably by a Lower Paleolithic stone tool that happened to be in her apartment.
Several of us were grilled by the police, given lie detector tests, and had our pictures splashed across the pages of the Boston papers, and even the New York Times. We testified before a Grand Jury.

It was clear to me that, at least for a time, I was a suspect. But I was not the only one. An archaeologist connected with the Peabody Museum (which housed the Anthropology Department) was also a candidate. There was no evidence; no one was arrested, although over many years those us of close to the case continued to believe that he was the killer. In the 1990s, he died.

So far as any of us knew, the case – though never closed by the Massachusetts State Police – had become inactive. My last contact with Lt. Frank Joyce, the lead MSP investigator, was in the late 1970s.

In 2017 a young woman named Becky Cooper, a New Yorker writer and Harvard graduate, located me in Hilo, and told me she was writing a non-fiction book about Jane. I agreed to help her with her book in any way that I could. Becky came to Hilo and spent several days interviewing me.

Around the same time, Becky and three other people had begun filing Freedom of Information Act requests to examine the case records. One, Alyssa Bertetto, a private investigator in Colorado, put me in touch with another, a reporter for the Boston Globe named Todd Wallack, who was writing an article about the case. Todd interviewed me for his article, which can still be found on the Globe’s website. Becky was in contact with a man named Michael Widmer, who had been in the higher levels of Massachusetts politics and was interested in the case in part because Jane’s murder had been his first story as a cub reporter.

All of their FOIA requests and appeals were denied, on the grounds that the case was still active. And yet the case did not appear to be active.

I think it’s fair to say that those four effectively put pressure on the Middlesex County DA and the Massachusetts State Police to work again on the case.

One of the results of their pressure was that Detective Sergeant Peter Sennott came to Hilo to talk to me and to collect a sample of my DNA, so that I could be “excluded.” He never said what the source of the DNA that mine would be tested against was, and I didn’t expect him to. He was professional and personable and we got along well. We had a semi-formal interview and then a couple of days later we knocked around on Mauna Kea in my 4Runner.

But after Sgt Sennott left and I heard nothing, I was discouraged. I began to think that it was what in Hawai’i we sometimes call “shibai,” a sham, a front, pretense, putting on an act.

I had suspected that the investigation restarted because the law holds that if an investigation is active, then no FOIA requests need be granted.

But I was wrong about shibai. In fact, Sgt Sennott was doing some amazing detective work, though of course that’s not something he would have revealed to me; I only learned about his investigations recently.

During the next year I thought a lot about Jane and I stayed in close contact with Becky, while trying to work on my own fictional treatment of the murder.

So I decided to plant a tree in Jane’s memory. I chose a yellow ‘ōhi’a; Ruth and I had already planted an ‘ōhi’a for Becky, who had become a good friend and was so closely linked to Jane, to me, and to Ruth.

And then I waited. Recently, there were rumblings that the killer had been found and that at some point there would be an announcement.

Last Friday I heard that on Tuesday, there would be a press conference at which the killer would be named.

Jane’s ‘ōhi’a was already in the ground. It came to me that – just as I had wreathed the calabash containing my father’s ashes with a maile lei, and later did the same with my mother’s – that placing a maile lei around Jane’s ‘ōhi’a would be a fitting tribute.

I also decided to place one on Becky’s ‘ōhi’a, to signify her link to Jane, and her importance in helping bring about the solution to the crime.

And that’s why I started looking for maile here on Facebook.

This is what happened: a man named Michael Sumpter raped and murdered Jane Britton. He was not connected with Harvard or Jane’s circle of friends in any way. An evil man, he had killed before Jane and may have killed after her. He died in 2001.

Here are some things I need to process:

For almost half a century I suspected that certain man killed my friend, but now I know he was innocent. I owe him an apology that I can’t give to him because he is no longer alive. Having a strongly-held belief like that turned upside down is humbling.

For almost half a century I believed that Jane had somehow gotten herself into a situation that unexpectedly and lethally turned bad. Mainly this was because most of us only looked for suspects within our own crowd, the anthropologists and archaeologists, and none of us seemed to be violent killers. So we thought Jane must have died because something unexpectedly escalated into lethal violence.

For all those years, though, I never could come up with a possible situation that didn’t seem strained or flawed. And when, working on the novel, I tried to imagine a fictional situation, nothing seemed to work.

I don’t think that any of us who knew Jane ever thought that her death was a random act of violence. I know I didn’t.

But it was, and so that’s another thing I have to process. Don’t cling to a hypothesis that doesn’t seem quite right just because it’s the only one you can think of. But that’s what I did and it’s a sobering thought.

People talk about closure, and I guess that’s what I have now. I know how Jane Britton died which means I now know something I deeply wanted to know for half a century. And, to tell the truth, I always wondered whether I was still considered a suspect, particularly when Sgt. Sennott came to collect DNA from me. Over the years, I’ve wondered how many people out there thought I might have been the killer; now, if they’re paying attention to the news, they know I’m not.

Jane’s story needs to be told – and not just the story of the crime, although that’s the nexus. The Anthropology Department, all of us, the Cambridge community and how it was in the late sixties and the ways that Jane’s story has endured and has been passed from student to student all these years. And more subtly, the ways Jane and her story have influenced our lives over the years – well, I should only speak for myself. I don’t think two months have ever gone by that I didn’t think of her. And the ways those of us who never forgot her, who, like me, never completely abandoned hope that the case could be solved, helped keep her memory alive.

That is the story that Becky Cooper is writing, and I know in my bones that it’s going to be a great one.

“We Keep the Dead Close” by Becky Cooper will be published in 2020, by Grand Central Books, a division of Hachette.

Todd Wallack of the Boston Globe will publish an article tomorrow morning.

https://www.middlesexda.com/…/dna-used-identify-man-respons…

Wow! I have been following Jane's case here for a long time and just now read that they identified her murderer. So horribly tragic. Thank you, DonMitchell for your post! Looking forward to Becky Cooper's book.

OMG.

I haven't been on WS in a very long time -- and log in to find yet another of the very cold cases I've followed for years SOLVED! :faint:

There's been so many this past five years or so-- it's really incredible, to log in and find this case among that number.

Wow, I'm a bit emotional, to be honest. Bless you, dear Jane, and rest in peace. I hope her family has some small comfort in her killer being found and named, at last.

Just a quick shout out to Justice4Jane, who pegged the fire escape entry point very early in this thread:

I'm sure I'll find more to say, but right now am just too relieved at this news.

Augirl,

I also haven't logged on in a long time, and never thought that this case would be solved. I recall early on hoping that DNA might someday solve this crime. It's a pity that the perpetrator wasn't caught after Jane's murder because two other women might still be alive today.

A fitting tribute to Jane's memory for all of those who are inclined—donate to her memorial book fund at the Tozzer Library: https://library.harvard.edu/funds/415_565064.html

• APPeter-DNA-links-ph01

Jane Britton, 22, killed in her Cambridge, Mass. apartment, 7 January 1969.

• APPeter-DNA-links-ph02

This 1968 inmate identification photo provided by the Middlesex District Attorney's office shows Michael Sumpter who died of cancer in 2001. District Attorney Marian Ryan said Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2018, that DNA testing points to Sumpter as the suspect in the death of Harvard University graduate student Jane Britton, killed in her Cambridge, Mass., apartment in January 1969. Sumpter has also been linked two other killings of women in the Boston area in the 1970s. (Middlesex District Attorney via AP)
---------------------------------------------------------
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — A convicted rapist who died in 2001 has been identified as the killer of a 23-year-old Harvard University graduate student nearly 50 years ago, a Massachusetts prosecutor said Tuesday.

DNA evidence points to Michael Sumpter as the man who killed Jane Britton, who was sexually assaulted and bludgeoned to death in her Cambridge apartment in January 1969, Middlesex County District Attorney Marian Ryan said.

Britton’s slaying is the third killing to which Sumpter has been linked since his death at age 54.

Investigators have said he is also responsible for the slayings of two other women in the Boston area in the 1970s. He died of cancer shortly after being paroled from a 15- to 20-year sentence for raping a woman in her Boston apartment in 1975, Ryan’s office said...

LINK:
DNA links dead convict to 49-year-old murder case

I know this may be a moot point, but is anyone else bothered by the idea of closing a case by posthumously accusing a suspect?

I've lurked on this thread for years, because I feel very close to Jane for a number of reasons, but I've been reading Erin Murphy's "Inside the Cell" and what I'm gathering is that a DNA "match" by itself would not be enough to convict someone of a stranger murder, especially from a sample that's as old as this one would have been. It's also just really convenient to find a CODIS hit on an inmate who can't defend himself in court right when public pressure is mounting on Cambridge PD to release and re-evaluate the case. Does anyone actually know what kind of sample they tested, what software they used for analysis (and what on earth Y-str is)?

I want justice for Jane, truly, but this doesn't feel like that. It's a shame they only re-ran the sample a couple of years ago... I think the only satisfying end to this story would be a conviction, and it seems we've lost any chance of that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back