MA - Jeremiah Oliver, 5, found deceased, Worcester, 14 Sept 2013 *Arrest in 2023*

Thank you Helen!!

I was not even aware of a search. You rock.

The article you linked says another search is planned for next Saturday as well. That is good news.

Thank you Helen!!

I was not even aware of a search. You rock.

The article you linked says another search is planned for next Saturday as well. That is good news.

Thanks, tlcya. I came across an article about Jeremiah on my Facebook yesterday. No, YOU rock; you keep up with the innocent victims' cases on Websleuths constantly. I am sorry that I have been out of commission so much lately. My husband is recovering from Quadruple Bypass surgery (doing great) but that, four children, and school have kept me busy. :) I really hope that they find this little cutie. There should definitely be more in the mainstream media about him.

Oh my goodness, Helen you have had one very full plate lady!

I hope husband is recovering nicely and minding doctors orders (sometimes that is the toughy, those lifestyle changes etc).

Thanks for your kind words.

Jeremiah is a doll. Makes me so sad to think that he was victimized by the adults in his own home he should have been able to feel safe in :( I hope he is found soon.

Bless Mr. Fleitas for taking this search upon himself. What a good citizen. I have never had a case in my local area where I would be close enough to search for a victim, but I sure would like to hope I would jump up and hit the ground running if that ever happened.

Those are the heroes in these cases. Those folks who get out there and do what they can to resolve a missing persons case.

Oh my goodness, Helen you have had one very full plate lady!

I hope husband is recovering nicely and minding doctors orders (sometimes that is the toughy, those lifestyle changes etc).

Thanks for your kind words.

Jeremiah is a doll. Makes me so sad to think that he was victimized by the adults in his own home he should have been able to feel safe in :( I hope he is found soon.

Thank you, tlcya. Yes, the "lifestyle changes" have been hard on him. But, he is just 58 years old, and his recovery has been fabulous. His biggest complaint right now is that he can't drive for three more weeks due to sternum precautions. My husband had his surgery from arguably the number one surgeon in the northwest; he is head of the cardiac team at OHSU and treats patients at both OHSU, and the Portland VA medical center where my husband was treated.

Jeremiah is a total doll. :) I really feel that DCF dropped the ball on this one as they have in so may other cases. I hope that Jeremiah's case receives more national coverage.

Bless Mr. Fleitas for taking this search upon himself. What a good citizen. I have never had a case in my local area where I would be close enough to search for a victim, but I sure would like to hope I would jump up and hit the ground running if that ever happened.

Those are the heroes in these cases. Those folks who get out there and do what they can to resolve a missing persons case.

I agree--Mr. Fleitas is a blessing. Although your profile clearly states that you live in the middle of the country, I keep thinking that you are local to Kyron's case. I KNOW that you would be participating in searches for him if you were here. :) I have myself, but looking for Kyron out here in the Pacific Northwest is like looking for a needle in a haystack, unfortunately. :( But, I still believe that Kyron will be found eventually. I just hope that Kaine manages to keep Terri from seeing their daughter, Kiara in the meantime. JMO. Anyway, little Jeremiah's case has really gotten to me. Ayla's case is another one that I follow. Happy New Year!

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/12/father_of_missing_boy_will_seek_custody_of_other_kids

The father of a missing 5-year-old Fitchburg boy, who is feared dead, said yesterday he’s hopeful his youngest child is alive — and he plans to fight for custody of his two other children, who are in state care, during an upcoming court hearing.

<snip>

He recently saw his two children, who are in the care of the Department of Children and Families, for the first time in two years — since Elsa Oliver left him and took the children with her.

“It was emotional,” Jose Oliver said. “They ran to me. My daughter gave me a kiss, he gave me a bracelet.”

I surely hope he is in recovery and has been for a while before the children go to him. If that is the case I wish him well in his attempt to regain custody and renew a relationship with the kids.

I just have some concern due to his own admitted previous issues with drugs. But people can and do become sober and that is my sincere hope for him. That that process has been going on and he has some length of sobriety under him. Children and being a single parent can be big stressers for people with a history of self medicating.

The family of missing 5-year-old Jeremiah Oliver is still holding out hope for his safe return and spent Saturday morning combing woods off Meadowbrook Lane for any trace of the boy.

Saturday's search was called to a halt early when one of the members of the search party slipped on a patch of ice and was brought to HealthAlliance Hospital in Leominster with what appeared to be a dislocated shoulder.

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.co...search-missing-fitchburg-5-year#ixzz2ovAkRBW2

I have done exactly that... slipped on the ice and separated/dislocated my shoulder.
It was not a pretty injury and I would be quite angry if I was the injured searcher.
It angers ME that someone KNOWS where he is and doesn't say and I'm not searching for him. :banghead:

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/12/dcf_to_announce_personnel_moves_related_to_missing_fitchburg_boy

State child welfare officials are expected to announce more “personnel moves” in the wake of the disappearance of 5-year-old Fitchburg boy who hasn’t been seen since mid September, an official said.

Olga Roche, the commissioner of the Department of Children and Families, is slated to host a press conference this afternoon where she will give an update into the agency’s probe of the case involving Jeremiah Oliver and his family, who had been receiving state services for two years when the boy vanished.

The announcements involve personnel decisions and “action steps” the embattled agency plans to take after acknowledging state workers mishandled the family’s case, officials said.

The way I am reading these reports is that the mother was picking him up when she told the day care worker that it was his last day and he was moving to his grandparents. So, if he was alive when she stated this it seems like she had made some sort of a decision. I have not read anything about a follow-up on whether there was any planned move to grandparents, only that Child Welfare did not follow up. This begs the unfathomable question of just what decision had she made about her son.

Hi all. This is my first time posting here. I've been reading on here for a couple years, but this case of little Jeremiah Oliver prompted me to join. He is from my town, Fitchburg MA, and our community is so distressed about this missing boy. There is a lot of outrage here, as it appears the police are doing very little. The only searches done have by arranged by civilians, and no police or fire have participated. There is speculation that perhaps the police already know where he is, and that's why they are not searching.

It seems this little guy has been failed again and again. By his parents, by DCF, and now the police. One of our local papers, the Worcester Telegram & Gazette, provided the official DCF report into this case, and after reading it today I was so upset. They screwed up so badly. I would link the report here but I don't know how to! Besides the multiple reports that were filed against the family, in which DCF took no action, DCF actually talked to the siblings in early November, at which time the older sibling told them that Jeremiah NO LONGER lived with them! That he was living with people they didn't know. It seems to me this should have been a HUGE red flag to DCF.

I'm just praying that this little boy is found soon.
Hoping this attachment to DCF report works.

Attachments

• WT179581230.PDF
    61.7 KB · Views: 73
Welcome, Fernymom. It's a sad situation all around. That report is abysmal.

I wonder if they have searched, and please cover your eyes if you have issues with tough stuff, but...

Have they searched trash dumps? I really hate typing that, but wouldn't it take some time, since he was last seen in September, to search sites such as this?

I know, awful, but I have read a lot about none of the police searching and I just can not believe that's the case. Makes me wonder about other locations that they could be searching, I hope.

To the best of my knowledge, there have been no searches done by police, other than a search of the apartment. There have been no press conferences, no officials have addressed the issue to the public. I am sure they are working on it, but nothing obvious.
I just don't understand the lack of coverage! This is a little boy missing for months never reported missing by parents! The mother has a tattoo with the date 9-25-13, that must have some significance. It's Casey Anthony all over again.

This Boston Globe article from Dec 30 is about Jose's past, his disability for bipolar disorder, and his desire to get custody of Jeremiah's siblings.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ary-hearing/tQPU5AoEvlamhu3gQC9iEM/story.html

This article doesn't mention his lack of involvement with his other 3 children that the Worcester Telegram reported. He cannot recall an assault and battery charge and spent time in jail for heroin possession but was merely a passenger in a car where someone else had drugs. He stopped using drugs the day that Elsa took the kids and left him. He does not count marijuana as a drug.

I am not sleuthing the victim's father. This is a MSM article and it provides relevant details about the environment Jeremiah and his siblings lived in. The heartbreaking home life led to this little guy's disappearance.

Hi all. This is my first time posting here. I've been reading on here for a couple years, but this case of little Jeremiah Oliver prompted me to join. He is from my town, Fitchburg MA, and our community is so distressed about this missing boy. There is a lot of outrage here, as it appears the police are doing very little. The only searches done have by arranged by civilians, and no police or fire have participated. There is speculation that perhaps the police already know where he is, and that's why they are not searching.

It seems this little guy has been failed again and again. By his parents, by DCF, and now the police. One of our local papers, the Worcester Telegram & Gazette, provided the official DCF report into this case, and after reading it today I was so upset. They screwed up so badly. I would link the report here but I don't know how to! Besides the multiple reports that were filed against the family, in which DCF took no action, DCF actually talked to the siblings in early November, at which time the older sibling told them that Jeremiah NO LONGER lived with them! That he was living with people they didn't know. It seems to me this should have been a HUGE red flag to DCF.

I'm just praying that this little boy is found soon.
Hoping this attachment to DCF report works.

Thanks, especially, for the attached report, fernymom!

My 7 yr old niece was over today and I asked her if she knew Jeremiah's sister. Turns out they are in the same class. My niece said that the day Jeremiah was reported missing, the sister was crying in class and acting weird. The teacher asked her what was wrong, and that's when she said she hadn't seen her little brother for a long time. Apparently the teacher took her out of class, and that's when this whole story began. So sad that it took a little girl my nieces age to bring this to light.

To the best of my knowledge, there have been no searches done by police, other than a search of the apartment. There have been no press conferences, no officials have addressed the issue to the public. I am sure they are working on it, but nothing obvious.
I just don't understand the lack of coverage! This is a little boy missing for months never reported missing by parents! The mother has a tattoo with the date 9-25-13, that must have some significance. It's Casey Anthony all over again.

Oh no. :(

Welcome to WS Fernymom. My heart just dropped. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker