MA - Joseph 'Joey' Brancato, 21, Roslindale, 18 Nov 2017

New info from Aunt in the family...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Brancato was last seen on Nov. 18 in Roslindale’s Mendelssohn Street area, where he was living and training with Lipka in the hopes of passing the physical tests necessary to become a Marine, said Brancato’s aunt, Andrea Brancato Walke.

Brancato, who has an older brother and two younger sisters, had wanted to become a Marine, but was rejected from that service at least twice, said his aunt. She did not know why. was unsure why he was rejected.

Brancato, a welder by trade who had been living with his mother and grandmother in Winthrop, moved in with Lipka in September to get into shape. The two trained together, said Brancato Walke.

Becoming a Marine was her nephew’s dream, she said.

“He’s always helping people, and he felt like that was his place to help the country,” she said.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ary-custody/DqNUcA9jyXI2Vpi3td3bCO/story.html

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Feb 8

Boston Police along with agents from the Naval Criminal Intelligence Service have twice searched Turtle Pond and wooded areas around it in West Roxbury and Hyde Park, but have released few details on what they say is a very active investigation.

Sources say investigators have strong leads in the case.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/02/08/marine-recruiter-arrested-roslindale-joseph-brancato/
950e9daf6567c61ffa0039e66663cddc.jpg

New info from Aunt in the family...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Brancato was last seen on Nov. 18 in Roslindale’s Mendelssohn Street area, where he was living and training with Lipka in the hopes of passing the physical tests necessary to become a Marine, said Brancato’s aunt, Andrea Brancato Walke.

Brancato, who has an older brother and two younger sisters, had wanted to become a Marine, but was rejected from that service at least twice, said his aunt. She did not know why. was unsure why he was rejected.

Brancato, a welder by trade who had been living with his mother and grandmother in Winthrop, moved in with Lipka in September to get into shape. The two trained together, said Brancato Walke.

Becoming a Marine was her nephew’s dream, she said.

“He’s always helping people, and he felt like that was his place to help the country,” she said.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ary-custody/DqNUcA9jyXI2Vpi3td3bCO/story.html

Interesting.
What do you make of this bit...

“Lipka was taken into custody sometime last week, and is currently being held at the consolidated brig in Charleston, S.C., said Buice in the e-mail. Lipka faces charges that are unrelated to the ongoing investigation into Brancato’s disappearance, said Buice . He did not detail the nature of the charges facing Lipka, saying that NCIS did not take Lipka into custody

So NCIS did not take him into custody, but they have him in custody? Who took him into custody?

Interesting.
What do you make of this bit...

“Lipka was taken into custody sometime last week, and is currently being held at the consolidated brig in Charleston, S.C., said Buice in the e-mail. Lipka faces charges that are unrelated to the ongoing investigation into Brancato’s disappearance, said Buice . He did not detail the nature of the charges facing Lipka, saying that NCIS did not take Lipka into custody

So NCIS did not take him into custody, but they have him in custody? Who took him into custody?

The brig is a military jail...he's an active duty Marine. Therefore he's in military custody. NCIS can still investigate and detain people in military brigs.

Quote from Henry2326:
"Brancato, who has an older brother and two younger sisters, had wanted to become a Marine, but was rejected from that service at least twice, said his aunt. She did not know why. was unsure why he was rejected."

People usually are rejected due to medical issues i.e. asthma or failed drug tests. The recruiter can give them more chances to pass their drug tests, or out of shape and not getting in physical shape. . Maybe the recruiter lost his temper with him because he was trying to help him so much and he kept screwing up. Of course no one deserves to be hurt over it, just throw him out.

Quote from Henry2326:
"Brancato, who has an older brother and two younger sisters, had wanted to become a Marine, but was rejected from that service at least twice, said his aunt. She did not know why. was unsure why he was rejected."

People usually are rejected due to medical issues i.e. asthma or failed drug tests. The recruiter can give them more chances to pass their drug tests, or out of shape and not getting in physical shape. . Maybe the recruiter lost his temper with him because he was trying to help him so much and he kept screwing up. Of course no one deserves to be hurt over it, just throw him out.
IMO....we, nor they, have any evidence that the recruiter did anything. If they did they would arrest him for something related to this case.

A Boston area recruiter was taken into custody in early February on charges unrelated to the disappearance of a man he was processing as a recruit.

Marine Gunnery Sgt. Frank Lipka was taken “into military custody for drunk driving, absence without authorization from work, and an altercation with two Marines in his unit,” said Marine spokesman Capt. Gerard R. Farao.

More are link
https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/ne...ined-on-charges-unrelated-to-missing-recruit/

A Boston area recruiter was taken into custody in early February on charges unrelated to the disappearance of a man he was processing as a recruit.

Marine Gunnery Sgt. Frank Lipka was taken “into military custody for drunk driving, absence without authorization from work, and an altercation with two Marines in his unit,” said Marine spokesman Capt. Gerard R. Farao.

More are link
https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/ne...ined-on-charges-unrelated-to-missing-recruit/
Thanks...very helpful :)

The Marines recruiter, who was taken into military custody on charges unrelated to a missing Boston man, recently had a run in with local police.*

Boston 25 News obtained a police report that shows Frank Lipka was arrested on Jan. 27 after allegedly crashing his red corvette on Jamaica Way.*

The report states Lipka tried to flee the scene with his passenger and get into an Uber. Bail was set for Lipka, but there is no word if this arrest led to naval investigators bringing him into custody in South Carolina - where he is now in the brig.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/pol...arrested-for-oui-after-boston-crash/697296464

IMO....we, nor they, have any evidence that the recruiter did anything. If they did they would arrest him for something related to this case.

just speculation on my part.

I'm going to guess that Joseph didn't get into the Marines because of failed Asvabs. That's the most common reason. You get three tries. Then there is a month's long wait till you can try again. There could be other special circumstances, like a criminal or health issue that has to clear a mountain of red tape. Before being allowed to join. This case caught my attention, because my son is a Marine. I know of one guy that has tried to pass the asvabs for two years.

I'm going to guess that Joseph didn't get into the Marines because of failed Asvabs. That's the most common reason. You get three tries. Then there is a month's long wait till you can try again. There could be other special circumstances, like a criminal or health issue that has to clear a mountain of red tape. Before being allowed to join. This case caught my attention, because my son is a Marine. I know of one guy that has tried to pass the asvabs for two years.

It's hard NOT to pass the ASVAB. This would make more sense if he was trying to get into a certain MOS... then yes, I can see how someone may take it more than once.

Also, the Marine Corps has very strict height/weight standards. Poolees are required to meet certain weight standards as well as physical fitness standards before even shipping out to boot camp. Not meeting these standards can delay the process.

The last sentence confirms Skysoldier's comments.
-------------------------
State police said Lipka is facing drunken driving charges out of Roxbury District Court. Police said Lipka was involved in single-car crash on Jan. 27 at 2:30 a.m. on the Jamaicaway in Boston. The Roslindale recruiter is accused of leaving the scene of a crash with property damage and operating under the influence.

Lipka recruited Joseph Brancato, 21, who has been missing since November. Brancato had been living with Lipka, which is against military rules.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/recruit...driving-altercation-with-two-marines/17006479

Joey was a member of PCS Rosindale Spartans, a group of 8 or so people who wanted to get in shape to join the Marines. IMO, these guys and girls were serious about getting in shape to pass the tests to join the Marines. The members of the group posted pics and video. It was tough PT that they were doing. IMO, some look like Joey dated November 13. But just my opinion....
Their recruiter was leading the group...

Any insider info? I have yet to see any updates about Joey.

The last sentence confirms Skysoldier's comments.
-------------------------
State police said Lipka is facing drunken driving charges out of Roxbury District Court. Police said Lipka was involved in single-car crash on Jan. 27 at 2:30 a.m. on the Jamaicaway in Boston. The Roslindale recruiter is accused of leaving the scene of a crash with property damage and operating under the influence.

Lipka recruited Joseph Brancato, 21, who has been missing since November. Brancato had been living with Lipka, which is against military rules.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/recruit...driving-altercation-with-two-marines/17006479

Recruiter unravelling maybe?

As with any case all is pointing to Occam's razor with this unfortunately.

Recruiter unravelling maybe?

As with any case all is pointing to Occam's razor with this unfortunately.

This reminds me of the Teresa Lockhart case. Her husband did quite the unraveling soon after she went missing! Most of his charges were alcohol related, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back