GUILTY MA - Kristin Paquette for child endangerment, Lowell, 2009

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Kymistry35, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

2. Loading...

3. Otise

Otise New Member

What the h*** is wrong with this woman?! Poor little boy. Thank goodness he was found before it was too late.

4. Boyz_Mum

Boyz_Mum New Member

I wish she were locked in an attic. :mad:

5. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

6. Liz

Liz I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

I say euthanize her and put her out of her misery!

7. believe09

believe09 Active Member

What is the thought process here? She has to be impaired herself.

8. DairyGirl

DairyGirl New Member

LOWELL, Mass. (Aug. 1 ) - Police responding to a report of a 3-year-old being locked in a sweltering, filthy attic were told by other children, "Mommy does this when she gets angry," a prosecutor said Friday.
    Kristen Paquette, 27, was charged with reckless endangerment to a child and assault and battery on a child and was being held on $10,000 bail after arraignment Friday in Lowell District Court. Her family and attorney portrayed her as an overwhelmed mother dealing with an especially unruly child.

http://news.aol.com/article/mom-allegedly-locked-son-in-attic/597502

9. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

:furious:

I am so sick and tired of reading just how many children are being abused and mistreated. This so called mother will never get all of the punishment she so deserves. They never do.

10. Openmind

Openmind New Member

The fact there are stories so similar they seem the same is deeply disturbing. Why do these woman keep having so many babies by so many different men and then plead they are overwhelmed?

The family in this situation is so ignorant it is scary.

Has the family ever tried to help her get the help? Help is there on many different levels.

So locking this baby in the attic will make him have fewer behavioral problems? The child has lung problems and they lock him in a hot, dirty attic.

What an ignorant statement!!! If they locked the uncle in the attic, I guess it would not be abusive. What cruel indifferent people -- no wonder the child has behavior problems.

Is this grandpa's idea of helping? Taking one grandchild to a baseball game while the three year old is locked in the attic. This is incredible.

Based on this article, I would not give the children to anyone in this family.

11. Theonly1

Theonly1 New Member

LaLaw, me too. And I have fleeting radical thoughts on the issue that many people (even I sometimes) would disagree with. For example, if you abuse your own children (for instance, cases of extreme purposeful abuse like burning them with cigarettes, purposefully starving them, breaking their bones repeatedly) you should be legally sterilized and not able to have any more. People abuse their children, which results in their children being taken away, and then they simply turn around and have more children! It is beyond ridiculous.

I feel the same way about animals. I think that people should at least be required to complete a training class to be able to own a pet.

I also think one should have to be able to prove one's mental and financial fitness to have over three fetuses inserted in your womb at a time. Science and technology have made wonderful advances but now our society needs to start thinking ahead and asking ourselves do we want the strain of any more Octo-Moms?

Don't get me started on the recidivism rates on child molesters. Child molesters are individual ticking time bombs.

I know these are radical thoughts (which would stomp all over our personal liberties) and even I don't know how they would be implemented.

12. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

If the family of this woman knew she was overwhelmed with the children, some one should have been there to help take some of the burden off her.
    I have a child who is Autistic he is 9. He was diagnosed at 2 years old.
    Having a child with a diabilty at times is really overwhelming, I at least have my husband and a great support team through the schools and doctors that have helped me get through alot, my family lives in another state. There are even services here that have people come to your home and watch the kids or help clean your home if you need it for a break.
    It is unfortunate that she felt putting him in the attic was the answer to get away from him. Maybe now she can get the help she needs...I am truly sorry the children had to go through all this..by the way where is the dad or dad's ?

13. RAELON

RAELON New Member

Hopefully they do not let her family have custody of the kids either because they seem to condone her actions. Obviously she wasnt doing too much "cleaning" if the Health Dept condemned the apartment.

14. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

March 2011:

http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_17509505

15. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

July 2009:

https://web.archive.org/web/2009080...al/special_needs_child_locked_in_attic_073009

16. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

March 2011:

http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_17509505

51000e31c2ef8.image.jpg