MA - Lindsay Clancy, Strangled 3 Children in Murder/Suicide Attempt, Duxbury, Jan 2023

Hap

Wisher & Dreamer
Reaction score

"Plymouth DA Tim Cruz said the kids suffering from “trauma” were discovered after a man arriving home to his Summer Street residence called 911 at 6:11 p.m. Tuesday to report “the attempted suicide” of a woman presumed to be his wife. Police discovered the children inside, the DA added."

A labor and delivery nurse who must have been going through something, i just can't see how it is that she could do this otherwise.

PPD? Her youngest is only 9 months afterall.

How incredibly sad! My heart breaks for all involved

If this was known, why was she alone with the children? This is heartbreaking!
Right. Postpartum psychosis is not something to mess around with. She should have been receiving inpatient care, and failing that have never ever been left alone with children. She was failed, those children were failed.

Sources told WBZ-TV I-Team that investigators are looking at the possibility that Lindsay Clancy was suffering from postpartum psychosis.
Beyond horrifying.
Strangling takes some time.

Looked for her FB and/or IG, but it's been shut down ?
If LC wasn't suffering from PPD, was there something else going on ?
What about her workload ?
Two small children and a new baby.
Was she exhausted with little to no rest ?

Rest gently, Cora and Dawson !
The photos at the link above looked like a perfect, happy little family.
Gorgeous little children.

You just never know.
:(
M00.

Sources told WBZ-TV I-Team that investigators are looking at the possibility that Lindsay Clancy was suffering from postpartum psychosis.
Beyond horrifying.
Strangling takes some time.

Looked for her FB and/or IG, but it's been shut down ?
If
So so very sad. Her FB is still up. She absolutely adored her children.

So, here are some facts.

Postpartum psychosis is relatively rare, but when it happens, it comes with a chance of infanticide. Based on what we know thus far, I doubt she had the official diagnosis or else the kids would not have been left in her care. Women with bipolar disorder have a higher risk of postpartum psychosis. If we look at women who've had postpartum psychosis, most will have met criteria for bipolar disorder at some point prior, though not all have had the formal diagnosis. This is why it's crucial that women with bipolar disorder remain on meds throughout pregnancy (and even higher doses of meds) and postpartum and be treated by a competent professional.

The following is MOO, but the state won't get a murder charge from this. She will likely be found not guilty by reason of insanity and be sentenced to the state hospital. Who knows if she'll ever get out. Shades of Andrea Yates. Again this part is MOO.

She obviously had to be by herself with the children when her PPD seized her. Did she not have visitors or family who visited to see her and the children from time to time? Guessing she may have been too depressed or ashamed to call a friend or relative to help her with the children -- or maybe she had discouraged friends, neighbors, or relatives to visit when she apparently was feeling overcome by PPD. Dunno.
Just such a shame and a loss for her, her relatives and her friends.
Those two children who did not survive --- what a scary and horrible thing for each one to undergo.
What pain, sorrow, and loss on so many levels. Her poor husband -- apparently things must have been okay for a while after the third child was born. I guess PPD, if that was the problem, can strike early or later after childbirth.
And now her husband's life has changed overnight. SMH. Prayers for him.

Last edited:

Massachusetts mom Lindsay Clancy charged with killing two kids, injuring infant​

A Massachusetts mom allegedly strangled her two young children and attempted to kill her baby before she tried to jump to her death in a tragic botched murder-suicide attempt.

Lindsay Clancy, 32, of Plymouth, was charged with two counts of homicide and three counts of strangulation for killing her 5-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son, according to District Attorney Tim Cruz.

Clancy is recovering in at a Boston hospital but is in police custody.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back