MA - Lindsay Clancy, Strangled 3 Children in Murder/Suicide Attempt, Duxbury, Jan 2023

I wondered if she was able to tell him about the kids when he found her. So she told him and he stayed with her, is that what was described?

He also disputed a previous statement from the Duxbury police chief, which said Lindsay Clancy was recovering physically. Reddington called this a "blatant untruth" and said she is in a hospital bed, unable to move.

"She can move," an attorney for the DA's office argued. "She is not paralyzed. She can move her legs. She can move her arms. She has been writing and being able to verbally communicate."

Me too -sounds like she killed the kids in the basement and her husband found her first and she told him the kids were in the basement. Strangled with exercise bands.
People need to google or somehow see the arraignment themselves to learn what happened and the timeline to fully understand. I'm sure it will be replayed on the site and elsewhere. NBC10BOSTON. is where I'm seeing this.

I think part of the issue is that it's a lot physically easier to kill a small child than an adult woman. If there were no weapons in the house, which I'll assume given everything we know so far, it can take a real effort to end your own life.

I will be interested to know what her blood tox was when they found her. She may have thought she overdosed herself but she was brought to the hospital in time.

Jumping out a second story window is enough to break your neck and kill you. I would be more open to these arguments if she was found just sitting at her kitchen table eating a sandwich. But jumping out the window keeping you hospitalized for weeks means there were pretty serious injuries.

The more I read from her family and friends the more I do think it's someone who just freakin' lost it for lack of a better term. People dream of the life she had - adorable kids, good job, good husband, nice house. I absolutely believe there are cruel and evil people in the world but personally I think Lindsay is one of the sick ones.
<modsnip> Your comment gave me a glimmer of hope.

I was speaking to my best friend about this case, and we both agreed... this is so hard because this could have been us. So so easily. We both had horrible, debilitating, life-altering postpartum depression and by nothing we did (what on earth is the opposite of 'by no fault of my own'?!) we got the treatment we needed and support to get through it, and our brains didn't have psychosis.

There's no pain greater than what she and her husband are going through now, and the cries for her to spend life in prison or death sentence... for what benefit? If she even survives (I have zero doubt she will attempt to die by suicide again and again until successful, regardless of incarceration) - the torture her mind will put her through, in a cell or death row or whatever, is worse than anything you could do to her. She's not a menace to society. She's not going to harm a darn soul, other than herself now. :( My heart hurts. I effing hate our country and insurance and treatment of women and mental health.

Last edited by a moderator:
she was receiving treatment .. how can you blame the system? The question for me is was she even taking the medication? I have suffered depression, am going through it now with my son dying 2 months ago. Medication works but you have to be consistent .. jumping around on meds cannot work

she was receiving treatment .. how can you blame the system? The question for me is was she even taking the medication? I have suffered depression, am going through it now with my son dying 2 months ago. Medication works but you have to be consistent .. jumping around on meds cannot work
I'm so sorry about your son, my heart and care for you is there and wishing you well in your treatment.

She called her husband a few days ago from the hospital and told him she had a 'moment' of psychosis while committing the murders.
With her defense appointed psychiatrist's phone. Her husband told police he had never heard her use that term before and she never communicated to him nor anyone else that she was hearing voices. Until of course meeting with the defense appointed psychiatrist. Never to any other of the many many doctors that treated her. Just saying.

Wow, just finished watching the arraignment. A LOT of new information that honestly makes me see the situation in an entirely new light. I have a lot of questions. Those poor kids :( I feel so deeply for the father and everything he must be going through right now.

With her defense appointed psychiatrist's phone. Her husband told police he had never heard her use that term before and she never communicated to him nor anyone else that she was hearing voices. Until of course meeting with the defense appointed psychiatrist. Never to any other of the many many doctors that treated her. Just saying.

Precisely. That's why this bit of information stood out to me and was most interesting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back