MA - Lindsay Clancy, Strangled 3 Children in Murder/Suicide Attempt, Duxbury, Jan 2023

To clarify, I’m not questioning the spouse’s motives. Whatever they were I don’t doubt they are justifiable. I’m saying, as it relates to how badly she hurt herself, she must have had more than scratches or he probably would’ve gone to check on the kids. Her injuries might have been so serious he thought she was dying. Jmo.
I agree with you. That was another thing I didn’t post but definitely thought of.

If it’s not too much of a nuisance would somebody be able to summarise it for those of us not in the US who could not access the livestream or video? People are saying there was a lot of new information …

Thank you if you are able to.

If it’s not too much of a nuisance would somebody be able to summarise it for those of us not in the US who could not access the livestream or video? People are saying there was a lot of new information …

Thank you if you are able to.

For anyone who wants to watch there’s a playback of the entire arraignment at this MSM link: LINK

It also has a pretty good summary in the written article section. I’m not sure if you have access to the site, though.

Thank you very much, I can view the first one of those :)

Last edited:
With her defense appointed psychiatrist's phone. Her husband told police he had never heard her use that term before and she never communicated to him nor anyone else that she was hearing voices. Until of course meeting with the defense appointed psychiatrist. Never to any other of the many many doctors that treated her. Just saying.
Also, the prosecutor presented to the Court that both LC and her husband were informed by her psychiatrist that she was NOT suffering from postpartum depression.

For the defense attorney to then base his entire argument on PPD/depression and psychosis, and to go off into a generalized critique of how women’s postpartum depression is completely ignored by society, sounded very weak. Like he couldn’t offer a strong defense based entirely on the relevant facts and had to blur his client into the “PPD/PPP mom” image.

I think part of the issue is that it's a lot physically easier to kill a small child than an adult woman. If there were no weapons in the house, which I'll assume given everything we know so far, it can take a real effort to end your own life.

I will be interested to know what her blood tox was when they found her. She may have thought she overdosed herself but she was brought to the hospital in time.

Jumping out a second story window is enough to break your neck and kill you. I would be more open to these arguments if she was found just sitting at her kitchen table eating a sandwich. But jumping out the window keeping you hospitalized for weeks means there were pretty serious injuries.

The more I read from her family and friends the more I do think it's someone who just freakin' lost it for lack of a better term. People dream of the life she had - adorable kids, good job, good husband, nice house. I absolutely believe there are cruel and evil people in the world but personally I think Lindsay is one of the sick ones.
I wholeheardedly agree.
<modsnip> Your comment gave me a glimmer of hope.

I was speaking to my best friend about this case, and we both agreed... this is so hard because this could have been us. So so easily. We both had horrible, debilitating, life-altering postpartum depression and by nothing we did (what on earth is the opposite of 'by no fault of my own'?!) we got the treatment we needed and support to get through it, and our brains didn't have psychosis.

There's no pain greater than what she and her husband are going through now, and the cries for her to spend life in prison or death sentence... for what benefit? If she even survives (I have zero doubt she will attempt to die by suicide again and again until successful, regardless of incarceration) - the torture her mind will put her through, in a cell or death row or whatever, is worse than anything you could do to her. She's not a menace to society. She's not going to harm a darn soul, other than herself now. :( My heart hurts. I effing hate our country and insurance and treatment of women and mental health.
Agree. Mental health crisis. No one cares.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wholeheardedly agree.

Agree. Mental health crisis. No one cares.
A lot of people cared. A lot of people tried to help. This is moving the goalposts, IMO. First it was thought she was suffering from psychosis, then postpartum depression, now we're just wrapping it all into a mental health crisis. Blaming the doctors, the medication, the husband.

Go and read the timeline from 4:02 to 6:09. She made calculated decisions. She knew what she was doing. She had options that didn't include violently killing her children, IMO.

Well, after viewing the entire arraignment, the evidence presented by the Commonwealth is incredibly damning against LC. First-degree murder charges, surprisingly, seem like the only homicide charges that would be appropriate under the circumstances.

Her only possible defense to premeditated murder, from what I heard, was a claim that she had a bout of momentary psychosis which struck after her husband left, had never occurred before or after, where a man’s voice told her to kill her kids, and even though she’d never heard this voice or experienced psychosis before, she was somehow completely powerless to question or resist its command.

I don’t know exactly what happened, and more will be revealed, but what I heard during that arraignment left me nauseous and really detesting LC.

A lot of people cared. A lot of people tried to help. This is moving the goalposts, IMO. First it was thought she was suffering from psychosis, then postpartum depression, now we're just wrapping it all into a mental health crisis. Blaming the doctors, the medication, the husband.

Go and read the timeline from 4:02 to 6:09. She made calculated decisions. She knew what she was doing. She had options that didn't include violently killing her children, IMO.
I agree. She knew she had a time frame that day and she acted on that. She picked a place farther away, had him run the errand. He wasn’t even gone an hour. Chilling

In the scheme of things in this tragedy it is insignificant but it was my first impression and I can't get past it, was she wearing eye makeup? Really weird if so.

Last edited:

But IMO she was not well. Something is missing, and I can't figure out what. As for the medications, she was on ALOT of different meds. I do agree it was calculated, however, I think there is more here. Just MO.

paraphrasing and sharing for those who can't watch the prosecution - she wrote a note on her phone in October that she might resent her other children because she was not able to treat child #3 as her first born.

what a sad mess.

I agree. She knew she had a time frame that day and she acted on that. She picked a place farther away, had him run the errand. He wasn’t even gone an hour. Chilling

I’m familiar with where she lives and with the restaurant (have been there) the takeout ordered from. It’s definiteiy unnecessarily far for takeout for sure.

Also, the prosecutor presented to the Court that both LC and her husband were informed by her psychiatrist that she was NOT suffering from postpartum depression.

For the defense attorney to then base his entire argument on PPD/depression and psychosis, and to go off into a generalized critique of how women’s postpartum depression is completely ignored by society, sounded very weak. Like he couldn’t offer a strong defense based entirely on the relevant facts and had to blur his client into the “PPD/PPP mom” image.
As soon as he started speaking I thought, no, what you are saying sounds like fluff now after the prosecution's information. He ended up going strong with the approach to a therapy care place, Spaulding or the like. I agree with not the prison or Shattuck right now. I don't know if this is the judge that decides where she does go once released from this hospital. I'm from this area so do agree. I am just thinking practically for recovery.

I’m familiar with where she lives and with the restaurant (have been there) the takeout ordered from. It’s definiteiy unnecessarily far for takeout for sure.
Early on it seemed very clear to me she of course jumped into action as soon as he was out the door. He never would of left the house if she was showing any kind of issues at all. Turns out she wasn't. But now we know it was planned. I think even though so calculated, her brain and thinking processes were very damaged due to the drugs she had been taking. She may of been better off taking none or one known and safe kind. It does sound though that there were long term problems with her thinking. Don't know if she had any kind of mental health problems after her first or second child. Her family and friends would know this along with her pediatrician/obgyn maybe? I'm remembering this minute that yes, she said she was on her FB / talked about it and had inpatient and her week long intensive outpatient. I just don't know and that's to be expected of us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back